All aboard the Naisy train - poll!!

Ricardo Quaresma

Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?  

1,085 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?

Rick Sanchez
17 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Marti Cifuentes into 3/1 from 25’s.

Stating the obvious here but someone or several people must have a decent wedge on him.

Interesting.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Ricardo Quaresma

• kingantti1874

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

No for me.  We can do better.

Expect a pile on tbh.  

Same here.

I don t want to be a training  club for apprentices.

Unknown user

I'm still on the fence though, there's no excuse, he should have decked that cnt.

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

You have to be sensible. It’s as much a risk bringing in this “experienced” manager that the brain injured hearts fans talk of. Naismith is one of the best players to come out of Scotland in the last 20 years. Bags of experience at top level. Absolute shitehouse. Has us playing like a Jim Jeffries team. 
If we don’t give him a shot at it I’ll be pissed. 

Naismith has been acting like a manager since he was 19. I've spoken with Gary Locke who says he came into the Kilmarnock dressing room and started ordering everyone about, saying what was wrong. His high standards are a great start. 

I do have questions about his style of play but he was decisive in ditching Snodgrass and he should be able to bring in players to help his system.

23 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Who would rather have as a manager than Naismith within our financial reach?

What's the budget and who's applied?

Bazzas right boot

Would have him over many mentioned on here by many in the past such as Martindale, McInnes, Johnson,  Davidson , Robinson, Ross etc.

Not keen on a Stendel type punt either.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s not that difficult to do imo. Get us playing as in trying to win games again.

Im not stupid I don’t expect miracles and us to win the league. But for god sake can we try win games maybe. 
The difference watching Hearts at the minute is night and day. 
Neilson sucked the life out us all man. 

Another point in his favour is seeking to integrate the youth system more. Of course he didn't actually play anyone but the intention is there and bringing Frankie McAvoy in was interesting.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Naismith has been acting like a manager since he was 19. I've spoken with Gary Locke who says he came into the Kilmarnock dressing room and started ordering everyone about, saying what was wrong. His high standards are a great start. 

I do have questions about his style of play but he was decisive in ditching Snodgrass and he should be able to bring in players to help his system.

Snodgrass and humps, while keeping Kuol about the place. Very intriguing stuff going on there.

Agentjambo
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Stating the obvious here but someone or several people must have a decent wedge on him.

Interesting.

Now into 6/4 with Bet victor

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

What's the budget and who's applied?

We should be head hunting from a very short -short -list.

We should have an idea who we want, if not exactly who we want and not be scrambling about in the dark hoping an interview goes well, we'll also  know the records of all managers as it's not a secret.

My concern has been how he’d cope when plan A failed. It’s all very well saying you want attacking fast football but when results or games are going against you do you have the courage to stick to it or the know how to change it in a positive way. What I saw today was a the mark of a football manager who could react and get the best out of the players when things were falling apart, on Wednesday at Ibrox he kept them at it and we got a draw. I’d give him the gig, these players are playing for him and I think his signings will be decent. It’ll save us a fortune and we can spend that on a player and if it doesn’t work out then he’s gone. Unless there’s some manager there that we’ll only ever get if we act now then I don’t see it as a huge gamble, in fact Naismith could turn out to be an incredible manager who if we lose now we’ll never get back.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

If you could have a wee checklist of what you’d want for hearts going forward Naismith ticks every box for me. 
We have to be realistic too. 
I’m baw deep. 

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Trigger said:

Serious doubts about this appointment.

And it will be an appointment.

Tuesday.

Bookmarked.

You will be called a shitebag if not true. 

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We should be head hunting from a very short -short -list.

We should have an idea who we want, if not exactly who we want and not be scrambling about in the dark hoping an interview goes well, we'll also  know the records of all managers as it's not a secret.

Agreed.

Was just going to have a go at answering the posters question. Impossible though without that info.

Luckies1874

Very very torn.

I like Naismith as a person. He has fire and drive and a conviction about what he thinks and says. He has had a tremendous career professionally and I like how he leads and the fact he doesn't bullshit. He is the opposite of Neilson in so many ways. However he is also inexperienced and learning on the job.

I hate the fact that his appointment would once again be the easy and cheap option for an, in my view, an incompetent and largely soft as **** board. The leadership of Hearts is once again underperforming and very very culpable for what has been a disastrous season. They've taken our money, yet again, and failed all of us. I don't believe despite all that has gone before that there is any football acumen, nous or knowledge within the hierarchy of the club which has culminated in yet another seismic failure, setting us back several years. Make no mistake, regardless of a fighting and spirited collective effort today we have ****ed up massively over the last few months. They need to be held to account and they need to answer many important and relevant questions. I'm sick fed up of the way that those running us get away with gross underachievement and aren't held accountable. 

As I say I like SN but I'm not going to allow them to appoint him and stay silent. It's the easy ****ing option for them to once again abdicate responsibility. It means no work for them. No vetting applicants. No interviews. No negotiations. It's a ****ing joke how we are run. An unserious football club. 

Edited by Luckies1874

I've still actually no idea whether I want him in. 

Results wise we have seen two excellent wins, failed to beat Hibs twice and each of the OF. Away form and performances still pish in the main - ibrox was acceptable but it was against a Rangers team in holiday / testimonial mode. 

The last few weeks of Neilsons term where so bad that anything could look like an improvement.

I like Naisy though so I'd happily give him my backing if he was chosen.

Malinga the Swinga

Doesn't look like type of manager who will put up with any shit from players (or anyone) in the dressing room, will demand high standards from everyone involved to n club, and won't over complicate tactics.

That will do for me.

In addition, as we saw today, he won't take shit from opposition manager either.

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Bookmarked.

You will be called a shitebag if not true. 

Couldn’t care less.

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

I’m delighted that Robbie has gone as well, however,  I’m just far from convinced that performing less well than Robbie over the equivalent fixtures is a particularly strong audition from Naismith.

Did RN ever win any top 6 games at seasons end? I may be remembering wrongly, but SN's record of 1 defeat ( with red card), 1 win and 3 draws with a team that had apparently lost the will to compete is a pretty good turnaround. 

Given the chance earlier, before the run of bottom 6 defeats, I think we'd have been clear in third with SN.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

If you could have a wee checklist of what you’d want for hearts going forward Naismith ticks every box for me. 
We have to be realistic too. 
I’m baw deep. 

I have to say, I'd hoped that we'd see something from snarly Naismith in the dugout, a manager that gets right on the nerves of the Hibs manager is pretty attractive.

Rick Sanchez

I'd feel quite bad for Naisy if he didn't get it as I don't think he'd be staying. Need some stats on this Cifuentes.

Naismith’s influence on the team is there for all to see and in the back room staff as well. 
we are a cohesive unit under his albeit brief tenure. 

I said no because of his experience however if he gets the gig then gets my backing 100%

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I have to say, I'd hoped that we'd see something from snarly Naismith in the dugout, a manager that gets right on the nerves of the Hibs manager is pretty attractive.

I'm torn on it as I agree with that. We've been too soft for too long without the niggle particularly with Hibs. And frankly I love that, I love the wind ups, the subtle digs at them etc.

Yet, it's largely down to the board imo that we've missed that, so I just can't bring myself to trust them playing the "he was here all along" card again. I want to see them go through the process properly not just pick the first guy under their nose.

I agree a fair bit with what @Luckies1874 said too.

Edited by Taffin

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Haha things like that only appeal to my childish persona and pettiness..
Morelos the other night and square go’s after a derby….

Im sold🥰

Unknown user
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Im sold🥰

He would appear to hate the Hibs 🤷‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Very very torn.

I like Naismith as a person. He has fire and drive and a conviction about what he thinks and says. He has had a tremendous career professionally and I like how he leads and the fact he doesn't bullshit. He is the opposite of Neilson in so many ways. However he is also inexperienced and learning on the job.

I hate the fact that his appointment would once again be the easy and cheap option for an, in my view, an incompetent and largely soft as **** board. The leadership of Hearts is once again underperforming and very very culpable for what has been a disastrous season. They've taken our money, yet again, and failed all of us. I don't believe despite all that has gone before that there is any football acumen, nous or knowledge within the hierarchy of the club which has culminated in yet another seismic failure, setting us back several years. Make no mistake, regardless of a fighting and spirited collective effort today we have ****ed up massively over the last few months. They need to be held to account and they need to answer many important and relevant questions. I'm sick fed up of the way that those running us get away with gross underachievement and aren't held accountable. 

As I say I like SN but I'm not going to allow them to appoint him and stay silent. It's the easy ****ing option for them to once again abdicate responsibility. It means no work for them. No vetting applicants. No interviews. No negotiations. It's a ****ing joke how we are run. An unserious football club. 

Pile of shite.

"An unserious football club"

Have a lie doon.

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Im sold🥰

Told Morelos to ‘**** off ya fat chunt’

😁

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He would appear to hate the Hibs 🤷‍♂️

In itself is enough for me…🇱🇻😎

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Very very torn.

😂😂😂😂😂  

PISH post of the year award stolen at the lasts you have no ****ing idea who we’ve spoken to or considered.  And given we are being run better off the pitch than at any point in our 150 year ****ing history youd be best placed shutting the **** to before you embarrass yourself any further .

childish, Ill informed made up bullshit 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
28 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Interesting.

3 or 4 people having 30 quid on in a small market like this can change the price dramatically like that - bookmakers only price up these markets because it wouldn’t look good if they didn’t but they’re just noise against their main markets hence they go running for cover when a couple of punters wave a few 20 quids

not saying he won’t be the manager but I would be wary reading much into that

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂😂😂😂😂  

PISH post of the year award stolen at the lasts you have no ****ing idea who we’ve spoken to or considered.  And given we are being run better off the pitch than at any point in our 150 year ****ing history youd be best placed shutting the **** to before you embarrass yourself any further .

Why is it pish? It’s the boys opinion..

It’s no more pish than anything you or I post. 
I don’t agree with it btw. 

3 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

2 wins in 7. 1 point from 2 derbies. 

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Not appointing someone who picked up 9 points out of 21 is totally chucking it?

This would sum it up for me.  There are better options out there.  The question is whether or not they're available.

heisenberg86

Naisy has massively improved how we play in the short time he’s been here, players are 100% playing for him and the support seems to back him. 

The real question is is Naisy the absolute best manager we could get? 

And the answer has to be no, he’s likeable, a winner, passionate, ticks a lot of boxes but just feel like we should be aiming higher as a club, the mangers position is the most important role

at any football club and feel we could do better than going with a guy who’s managed 7 first team games. 

That being said if the club decided to give him the job I’d be behind him 100%,  

big decision for the board to make,

hopefully they get it right 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
22 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Very very torn.

I agree with the sentiment of some of this but in previous years there’s no way we would have binned neilson at the time we did

people can argue for 70k posts whether or not that was the correct decision but it was a decision not in-keeping with previous ones since queen ann was the main man

whoever gets the job there are signs we might be getting a bit more serious on the park going forward

Voice of reason
3 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

2 wins in 7. 1 point from 2 derbies. 

But was well on the way to beating both Celtic and Hibs until Cochrane red cards. That would also have meant we’d have finished 3rd. 

Japan Jambo

On the fence about this as there are some promising signs but If we have a better option then it's a no - I feel we should be aiming higher.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Why is it pish? It’s the boys opinion..

It’s no more pish than anything you or I post. 
I don’t agree with it btw. 

It’s not stated as an opinion he’s stated as a matter of fact that the club have been lazy, and negligent and has ZERO evidence of that. 

None of us know therefore factually speaking it’s ****ing made up mouth foaming PISH post.

Edited by kingantti1874

It’s down to money. Naismith is the preferred option. If it means we can offer Ginelley more of a contract and sign a proper centre back….I’m all over it. 

Blow a significant part of next seasons budget on a manager and work with what we have……not so sure. 

Fort Vallance

I've gone yes but if I'm honest I'm not 100%. I really can't see anyone else jumping out at me. Probably deserves a chance.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not stated as an opinion he’s stated as a matter of fact that the club have been lazy, and negligent and has ZERO evidence of that. 

None of us know therefore factually speaking it’s ****ing made up mouth foaming PISH post.

Chill man. It’s just his opinion. 
We’re all jambos 🥰

Luckies1874
24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂😂😂😂😂  

I’m glad you at last replied. I don’t give a flying **** how good the scran is in the lounges. Or that Budges brothers missus has her new conservatory on the back of our largesse. Or that we’ve an articulate CEO who thinks he can spin his way out of the latest  shitshow. The season has been an utter disgrace. I care about what I see with my eyes and all I see is yet another total failure. If you are content cool, don’t give a shit about that either. You have no expectations or ambition, so be it. I’m far more informed than you are by the way 🤣

Edited by Luckies1874

48 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

In 3 of those games we were down to 10 men. The problems we have with our defence are not any of his doing. He's managed to turn us around, playing on the front foot and taking the game to teams, including the OF. I believe the Celtic game would have turned out very differently without the game changing red card. Ange's words post match, "Hearts were outstanding". 

If SN can bring in a strong CH with an aerial presence, sign a couple of mobile midfielders with an eye for a forward pass, I believe we will kick on. We must keep Gino though!! I'm very much buying into how Naismith sees the game and what he expects from his team. What he has achieved as a player, his involvement with the national side and his never say die attitude. Comparing him to Cathro is quite frankly laughable, did he ever at any time have the respect of the dressing room? His after match ramblings portrayed him as clueless, even when he possibly wasn't. Motivational speaker he certainly wasn't. 

Good post - agree with what you say👍

Jambof3tornado

After his latest post match interview....the jobs his in my eyes. The players have bought into it,he has passion aplenty,he's learning yes but no bigger a gamble than our nearest rivals going with Robson. Naisy also involved with Scotland is massive for me.

49 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Very very torn.

I suppose I could roar and shout abuse at you for your opinion - which seems to be the done thing on here these days - but I'd prefer to say that I get most of what you're saying but not all of it.

You are right in your description of Naismith and his way of doing things, and you're also right IMO that appointing him would be the easy option.  But I disagree that this extends to meaning that we're run as a joke or that we're not a serious operation.  We'll probably give the job to Naismith, but that's not necessarily because our management are particularly weak or bad at the job.  I suspect that a lot of clubs in our situation would do something similar.

We'll choose Naismith because he's the obvious choice, even though that doesn't make him the right choice.  He hasn't done well.  He's done less than OK and better than godawful.  That's the truth - 9 points from 21 and 1 from 6 in derbies is without question less than OK, but better than the godawful we were enduring at the end of RN's tenure.  Gross that up over a season. If we scored 2 points from 4 games against Hibs in a season and picked up a total of 48-49 points you would not be happy, and that's the form we've had lately.

Whatever about the board, as supporters we need to get away from two flawed bits of thinking.  The first is to keep looking to the familiar for a manager - the ex-player, ex-manager, former hero, whatever.  Sometimes, maybe most times, a club is better off looking for someone outside the familiar ranks.  The second is to be beguiled by short-term results.  They say that for most fans ancient history is last weekend and the future is next weekend.  We put in a temporary holding coach.  He did OK, in fact less than OK.  But we lost a lot less than usual, and it was better than the horror show that had gone before.  So compared to the end of Neilson's term Naismith looks like a godsend, even though all he's done is make things a little less awful than they were.

Edited by Ulysses

4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I’m glad you at last replied. I don’t give a flying **** how good the scran is in the lounges. Or that Budges brothers missus has her new conservatory on the back of our largesse. Or that we’ve an articulate CEO who thinks he can spin his way out of a risk shitshow. The season has been an utter disgrace. I care about what I see with my eyes and all I see is yet another total failure. If you are context cool, don’t give a shit about that either. You have no expectations or ambition, do’s be it. I’m far more informed than you are by the way 🤣

You're pushing a stone uphill. Some people are just more interested in the 'matchday experience's and 'community face painting days' as is their prerogative. I agree, we've not had full focus on the first team and it's shown imo.

Edited by Taffin

9 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

On the fence about this as there are some promising signs but If we have a better option then it's a no - I feel we should be aiming higher.

Yep.

• davemclaren locked this topic