All aboard the Naisy train - poll!!

Ricardo Quaresma

Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?  

1,085 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

He's galvanised the support which is a big pro, but a couple of poor defeats and that will quickly change.

I think he warrants an interview and wouldn't be wholly averse to his appointment. But like others, I feel if an experienced, successful candidate is available that would be preferable.

It’s not that difficult to do imo. Get us playing as in trying to win games again.

Im not stupid I don’t expect miracles and us to win the league. But for god sake can we try win games maybe. 
The difference watching Hearts at the minute is night and day. 
Neilson sucked the life out us all man. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Ricardo Quaresma

• kingantti1874

David McCaig
Just now, jack D and coke said:

It’s not that difficult to do imo. Get us playing as in trying to win games again.

Im not stupid I don’t expect miracles and us to win the league. But for god sake can we try win games maybe. 
The difference watching Hearts at the minute is night and day. 

Although Neilson did gather more points from the equivalent fixtures than Naismith did!!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Can't disagree with this part.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Although Neilson did gather more points from the equivalent fixtures than Naismith did!!

I don’t care. Neilson made me hate watching Hearts. 
I don’t hate Robbie btw but I’m so glad his influence is gone. 
It drove me mental. 

It drove me mental. 

I'd like us to appoint someone who can do both really.

Exciting to watch and effective at gathering points.

David McCaig

It drove me mental. 

I’m delighted that Robbie has gone as well, however,  I’m just far from convinced that performing less well than Robbie over the equivalent fixtures is a particularly strong audition from Naismith.

Ronald Villiers
52 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

On the fence mostly but voted no but won't gurn if he is appointed.

Pros: attacking play, shoot on site, apparent good man management

Cons: inexperience, not addressed defensive frailities (down to basics IMO, are many new personnel really needed?), playing Forrest

In Naismith's defence I'd say that he can only play with the defenders he has.  I'd imagine he'll be aware of our need for a couple of big commanding CH's.  With regards experience, I think he has all the attributes to be a good manager for us.  He's a coach for our national team and will be picking up a lot of experience there.  I don't think he needs to cut his teeth at a lower level here based on how he has us playing at the moment.  As for Forrest, I totally agree.  An upgrade is seriously needed.

Silvery_Moon

I voted yes. Before the game I'd have said he had to win today to have any chance but there was something special about how we held on for a point today. I genuinely believe after the way we started we'd have taken 3 or 4 off them had we kept 11 men on the park.

Big result in a big game as was the win against Aberdeen. 

Perhaps he deserves a chance.

Ricardo Quaresma

Playing with RN's team = 1 hand tied behind his back

GlasgoJambo

Infectious attitude and seems genuinely intelligent and a committed person.
Even Ayr fans I know submit to saying he’s actually a good guy. 

Yes. Would like to see what he can do when he’s brought his own players in. He’s also more likely to give the young boys a chance.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

One year rolling. Simple. 

2+1. 

Unless an absolute blinder wants the job,give it to naisy.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

This! Hope at least one of the candidates is capable.

thegreatsd

I’ve been on the fence all along on this one. Still wasn’t convinced when the full time whistle went but his wee rip into wee Lee at the end has swayed it for me. He’s going to be entertaining.  Joking aside though he is worth a punt I reckon as there are no sure things and he will be a more safe and cheap option. We’ve played some good stuff under him at times. He’s learnt from some good managers in his playing days. Let’s give him a shot. 

Gordon_1874

I made my decision following the Aberdeen game, we threw 2 goals away at Ibrox and still got a draw. No doubt in my mind we would've won today had Cochrane remained on the pitch. He knows what is expected at Hearts. Will promote youth. Has a good attacking style of play. When he was a player you could see he was a leader and that's exactly what you need from a manager. Give him a contract.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
46 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Robinson for me wouldn't be in a top class manager or better choice category.

nor me - he would have been my preferred choice if we failed to get as top class a manager as we could get

like you I’d still prefer a top class manager but failing that I’d take naisy over Robinson now

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I’m delighted that Robbie has gone as well, however,  I’m just far from convinced that performing less well than Robbie over the equivalent fixtures is a particularly strong audition from Naismith.

We’re playing much better. It’s not even a debate for me. 

1 minute ago, Gordon_1874 said:

I made my decision following the Aberdeen game, we threw 2 goals away at Ibrox and still got a draw. No doubt in my mind we would've won today had Cochrane remained on the pitch. He knows what is expected at Hearts. Will promote youth. Has a good attacking style of play. When he was a player you could see he was a leader and that's exactly what you need from a manager. Give him a contract.

You have to be realistic and I’d rather give Naismith a go at it than appoint some lower league English manager or whatever. 
Im all in for Naismith. Baw deep. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It’s far too polarised a vote as there is a clear middle option of him being assistant to a new manager. That would be my preference.

I would then be more than happy to see Naismith take over a year or two from now.

Niemi’s gloves

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s far too polarised a vote as there is a clear middle option of him being assistant to a new manager. That would be my preference.

I would then be more than happy to see Naismith take over a year or two from now.

Daft idea for numerous reasons

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

Daft idea for numerous reasons

It’s worked for Celtic. It’s worked - to an extent - for Beale. It’s worked for Clarke.

Doesnt sound that daft mate 😂

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

i agree results could have been better - because it was such a small number of games one-off or two-off events can have a big influence

2 sendings off plus arguably not enough time to make an impact for the Easter road game leaves only the draw at st mirren as a disappointing result

thats the gamble is he not great at gathering points or the sample size to small to make a judgement - I agree to a point that irrespective to what’s gone on the points tally has not been overly impressive so initially 1 year contract only would be my choice if we fail to attract a seemingly gilt-edged appointment

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

If you don’t want him as manager then I doubt you are even a hearts man. 

Clearly no staunch prods

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Clearly no staunch prods

😂Haha aye man. 
Its all in jest about the proddy stuff too😉

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s worked for Celtic. It’s worked - to an extent - for Beale. It’s worked for Clarke.

Doesnt sound that daft mate 😂

Imposing an assistant instantly cuts the pool of good managers willing to take the job.

incoming manager likely to regard Naismith with suspicion and as a potential threat to his job.

From Naismith’s point of view, risk that fans want the whole management team out if the appointment is deemed to have failed.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
22 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

you’ve posted a lot of sensible stuff around the manager position imo

in this case while a few people have some reservations including you and me about the points gathered the comparison with neilson is simplistic in the extreme as it takes no account of the wrecked position we were in after 7 straight defeats or whatever it was nor hibs being vastly improved (in hibs terms) towards the end of the season - it’s only been the last quarter that wee lee hasn’t just been surviving week to week

Mister Dee

The players obviously like him , & there’s less upheaval if he stays. 
Anyone who steps on Scott Browns balls deserves the managers job, end of.  

Not sure there is enough evidence to go on. Let him off the first game, after that a draw with Hibs, Rangers, and StMirren. Wins against Ross County and Aberdeen. Beaten by Celtic. No big shocks in those results so passable. Not his players but seems to have got them playing for him.

He would be a cheap option (remember we are still paying the previous coaching team) so it would be freeing up some cash.  He doesn’t have any experience in signing/choosing new players and he will have a learning curve. 
I do like him but it’s a leap into the unknown- glad I’m not making the decision.

Got us playing forward and with purpose.

But we're still fragile at the back.

P7 W2 D3 L2

Considering that there is next to no time until the Euro qualifiers, do we really have time to recruit a new boss, sign players this new boss wants and get the team into shape??

May as well give Naismith the summer and the first half of next season then see where we are in January.

If he can continue to improve the team and sort out the defence, then no reason to replace him.

The timing sucks. If we were not in Europe then perhaps we'd have the luxury of more time to appoint a permanent manager who could then do a full re-build over the summer.

WorldChampions1902

I honestly think that the board will believe that Naismith has done enough to be given the job. In which case, expect an announcement in the next 7-10 days. I would agree with that assessment.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Then who?

naismith know the club and it’s ethos and has the team playing the football we have been demanding for years. 

Marti Cifuentes

Go for it 1308

Since we all know that quite a few of the powers that be ( and the players) actually read this forum to get a feel for how the fans are feeling/opinions.  Why don't we have an official poll with regards to the manager (realistically financial  wise) that we want as an alternative to Naismith ? I certainly cannot think of any??

Unknown user

It kind of feels like we're not without a manager already, might as well.

Have to say though, I knew we'd be ok today when they brought on McKirdy in search of a winner :laugh2:

Absolute dug meat!

Go for it 1308
10 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Have a beer and chill out ffs. We're on a forum discussing the merits or otherwise of a potential new manager.  Just cause someone disagrees with doesn't make them a walloper or a Hibee. On second thoughts, maybe you need to sober out.

Who would rather have as a manager than Naismith within our financial reach?

27 minutes ago, Cade said:

P7 W2 D3 L2

Considering that there is next to no time until the Euro qualifiers, do we really have time to recruit a new boss, sign players this new boss wants and get the team into shape??

May as well give Naismith the summer and the first half of next season then see where we are in January.

If he can continue to improve the team and sort out the defence, then no reason to replace him.

The timing sucks. If we were not in Europe then perhaps we'd have the luxury of more time to appoint a permanent manager who could then do a full re-build over the summer.

Good shout

I am 50/50 but happy to give him the gig mainly for the points above ^

28 minutes ago, Cade said:

P7 W2 D3 L2

Our uefa games start after the league starts   so not sure what your point is  

Appoint the best available head coach we can possibly afford. It's the most important decision a football club makes.

It's the bleeding obvious but Hearts haven't done it in a decade.

If, out of those who've applied, those who we have an eye on, or Naismith, it is the latter then I'm fine with that.

I'm just fed up with the lazy, easy, stupid options we've taken in recent years. It's vital that we start getting it right.

Subject to there being a blindingly obvious person that's put their hat in to the ring, I think the obvious move is to give Naismith a shot at it. Today was a grind, but he's made a big impact with how we play, and he gets it in how he speaks

merseyjambo
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Marti Cifuentes into 3/1 from 25’s.

Personally think it’s Massive gamble going for someone like him. 

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

If you don’t want him as manager then I doubt you are even a hearts man. 

I sincerely hope you're kidding. 

Agentjambo
Just now, merseyjambo said:

Personally think it’s Massive gamble going for someone like him. 

As could be said re Naisy 

31 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

He hit the ground running prior to the first Derby. He also  inherited  a divide in the changing room to sort out. We played almost an hour with 10 men today. Get a ****ing grip, you walloper 

WE played nearer 80 minutes with 10  men given the 20 mins of stoppage time😯.

He has done pretty well so far, and has the team playing for him. Inexperienced at managing at this level.

Its a tough one, but I think i am for giving him a chance.

Unknown user
Just now, Agentjambo said:

As could be said re Naisy 

Naisy's been in the building a long time now, the club will know his personality and style well. He's definitely less risky in many ways, he's something of a known quantity, not to mention already being on the payroll!

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

No for me. 2wins in 7 is his entire managerial record outside of ,Hearts B. 

It would be a gamble of Cathro proportions.

In 3 of those games we were down to 10 men. The problems we have with our defence are not any of his doing. He's managed to turn us around, playing on the front foot and taking the game to teams, including the OF. I believe the Celtic game would have turned out very differently without the game changing red card. Ange's words post match, "Hearts were outstanding". 

If SN can bring in a strong CH with an aerial presence, sign a couple of mobile midfielders with an eye for a forward pass, I believe we will kick on. We must keep Gino though!! I'm very much buying into how Naismith sees the game and what he expects from his team. What he has achieved as a player, his involvement with the national side and his never say die attitude. Comparing him to Cathro is quite frankly laughable, did he ever at any time have the respect of the dressing room? His after match ramblings portrayed him as clueless, even when he possibly wasn't. Motivational speaker he certainly wasn't. 

• davemclaren locked this topic