All aboard the Naisy train - poll!!

Ricardo Quaresma

Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?  

1,085 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Ricardo Quaresma

• kingantti1874

He needs the signings to fit his gameplan. Big strong centre forward notably.

But he's worthy of the chance.

Like him, could be good. But I just don't know anymore. Someone with experience could be absolutely hopeless and if the players turn on them, they fecked. 

If he gets it, good luck, if he doesn't I hope he stays on.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He needs the signings to fit his gameplan. Big strong centre forward notably.

But he's worthy of the chance.

Surely that lad from Motherwell should be in Hearts thinking. If we can't afford someone like him, we are in trouble.

Centre Half to match Halkett, RB who looks the part. Left back who can read a game. A power house midfielder with a bit of panache. And a partner to scare the shit out of the CHs of the opposition, that leaves Shankland to be the striker he is. 

Big summer rebuild for Naisy or another. The players who chucked it, need moved on.

Yes. 

Robbie was younger than him when he took the job and did well. He's an attack minded manager which is what people want to see. The club needs to back him hard in the transfer window though. As in, with a view that we win the qualifiers. Get that big strong experienced CB in, get in a more dynamic midfielder etc. 

NaturalOrder74

Absolutely deserved it imo, think that would have been a comfy win until the red and still managed to see it out 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, OTT said:

Yes. 

Robbie was younger than him when he took the job and did well. He's an attack minded manager which is what people want to see. The club needs to back him hard in the transfer window though. As in, with a view that we win the qualifiers. Get that big strong experienced CB in, get in a more dynamic midfielder etc. 

Agree with this; some real quality players

Top class manager, the best we can afford would be no.1 option but if not it can only be Naisy. He's probably earned it. We've seen both sides, we attack teams but when we need to defend and battle, he's shown that he can set us up to do that as well. I'm content with giving Naisy a chance. 

I like him, but the game management with 10 men wasn't that great...looked like we were down to 7.
(not taking anything way from the players' battling defending which deserved the point)

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Centre Half to match Halkett, RB who looks the part. Left back who can read a game. A power house midfielder with a bit of panache. And a partner to scare the shit out of the CHs of the opposition, that leaves Shankland to be the striker he is. 

Big summer rebuild for Naisy or another. The players who chucked it, need moved on.

This!

Although, I would want to avoid a rebuild as such, just getting key positions filled with experienced pro's who are good enough for our starting 11. I don't think we have a player over 30 who is actually good enough to start with everyone fit (Gordon aside) Halliday, Smith, GMS, Boyce - none of them would start ahead of their younger counterpart (Cochrane, RB is an issue, but Atkinson seems to be looking the part, McKay/Oda, Shankland). Its not to say Halliday, Smith & Boyce haven't been useful/ really good, but its that we have a very inexperienced 11, and we need players with experience that are good enough to do stuff like talk our young defence through games and have a consistent level about them - been far too many unforced errors this season. 

Give him a season. Done good signs so far and I’d like to see how he does with some signings of his choosing. 

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Agree with this; some real quality players

I'd back Naisy to do that. Seriously. 

I think managers in Scotland can be very negative, and its almost about not losing, rather than winning. The Zurich game felt very winnable and I wonder if a different more attack minded manager might have pulled something off there. 

We might get a bad draw, but I'd like to see the ambition from the board and recruitment team to try and be the first Scottish team (outside the OF) in recent times to actually qualify for group stage football via the qualifiers. It would be a great sign we're moving forwards. Obviously if we draw some English financially doped juggernaut there isn't much we can do. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, jimbo99 said:

I like him, but the game management with 10 men wasn't that great...looked like we were down to 7.
(not taking anything way from the players' battling defending which deserved the point)

Lots would say RN would've capitulated; some poster on another thread asked what would Naisy do if we had to defend; there's your answer

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, OTT said:

I'd back Naisy to do that. Seriously. 

I think managers in Scotland can be very negative, and its almost about not losing, rather than winning. The Zurich game felt very winnable and I wonder if a different more attack minded manager might have pulled something off there. 

We might get a bad draw, but I'd like to see the ambition from the board and recruitment team to try and be the first Scottish team (outside the OF) in recent times to actually qualify for group stage football via the qualifiers. It would be a great sign we're moving forwards. Obviously if we draw some English financially doped juggernaut there isn't much we can do. 

We could and should have beaten Zurich; flip side is I'm glad we didn't; we weren't ready for Arsenal, PSV and Bodo :lol:

bigfatskinnyjambo97

If we dont appoint Naismith after what he's done since coming in then the board have totally chucked it! 

Graham Thomson

Give Naismith the job now and let's start the rebuilding job for next season. 

2 minutes ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

If we dont appoint Naismith after what he's done since coming in then the board have totally chucked it! 

2 wins in 7. 1 point from 2 derbies. 

11 minutes ago, jimbo99 said:

There is a problem with the character of the squad. Same as not turning round that bad run more quickly. Naismith should sort that out with more time and a few of his own signings.

1 minute ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

Not appointing someone who picked up 9 points out of 21 is totally chucking it?

bigfatskinnyjambo97
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Not appointing someone who picked up 9 points out of 21 is totally chucking it?

Have a bit of perspective you Hibs ***** 

Think he will.probably get the job permanently. 

Desperately need quality in midfield,  we are absolutely dire in that dept. Haring getting a year extension is a bad start .

Could go either way with him tbh.

2 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

Give Naismith the job now and let's start the rebuilding job for next season. 

Its also the coaching team. Will he bring someone else in or stick with Forrest and McAvoy who is the Academy Manager.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Can there be a St.Johnstone/not sure option?

Steven MacLean?

GrimUpNorth

I'd give him it, the results haven't been the best but he's been unlucky with red cards and the post split fixtures, playing Celtic when they need a win for the title etc. First Hibs game was too soon to judge, the performances after have all been good when we've had 11 players on the pitch, but it's the style of football and his ambition which is why I'd give him it. I don't know what sort of length contract he is on but I'd start with maybe 2 year contract, back him with transfers over the summer and go from there 

Just now, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

You a Hibs fan aye? Away and shite you total dosser 

Nope. Just disagree with your comment.  If Naismith is the best we can get, I’d back him fully. But it’d be disappointing given we have had time to identify alternatives.

1 minute ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

Quite the temper you have there.

bigfatskinnyjambo97
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Quite the temper you have there.

It's called passion. Something I'm filled wit right now after that! 

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Steven MacLean?

Haha on second thoughts lets stick with Naisy. 

1 minute ago, GrimUpNorth said:

I'd give him it, the results haven't been the best but he's been unlucky with red cards and the post split fixtures, playing Celtic when they need a win for the title etc. First Hibs game was too soon to judge, the performances after have all been good when we've had 11 players on the pitch, but it's the style of football and his ambition which is why I'd give him it. I don't know what sort of length contract he is on but I'd start with maybe 2 year contract, back him with transfers over the summer and go from there 

Absolutely spot on

bigfatskinnyjambo97
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

Nope. Just disagree with your comment.  If Naismith is the best we can get, I’d back him fully. But it’d be disappointing given we have had time to identify alternatives.

Whatever. Not getting into this right now. Each to their own

merseyjambo
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

There’s identifying targets and being able to afford them.

It's called passion. Something I'm filled wit right now after that! 

That's not passion. That's uncalled for anger and abuse 

allystrachan

Can’t see us getting anyone better & I’d rather him than a gamble on someone else. However I feel he needs a team that can coach some defending & set pieces. 

Naysmith , has played at the highest levels, has been part of the Scotland setup, would want to keep him at ❤️s get some experienced players in defence and Ginnelly. 

bigfatskinnyjambo97
3 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

🤝👉

Gundermann

On the fence mostly but voted no but won't gurn if he is appointed.

Pros: attacking play, shoot on site, apparent good man management

Cons: inexperience, not addressed defensive frailities (down to basics IMO, are many new personnel really needed?), playing Forrest

You want me to wipe your wee vagina for you? 

No, I want you to act like a civilised adult.

Gundermann
7 minutes ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

:facepalm:

Been a no since his appointment, but after that today I’m all aboard the Naisy train!

bigfatskinnyjambo97
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

On the fence mostly but voted no but won't gurn if he is appointed.

Pros: attacking play, shoot on site, apparent good man management

Cons: inexperience, not addressed defensive frailities (down to basics IMO, are many new personnel really needed?), playing Forrest

'not addressed defensive frailties', sorry but did you watch how we defended today? Individual errors have cost us in previous game - but that's not his fault. Also, if we're playing attacking football and scoring, then games will take care of themselves. 

1 shot on target, at home against Hibs in an important game...

bigfatskinnyjambo97
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

No, I want you to act like a civilised adult.

On derby day, after that. Behave! 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I say No but I'm assuming more experienced managers have applied

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Top class manager, the best we can afford would be no.1 option but if not it can only be Naisy. He's probably earned it. We've seen both sides, we attack teams but when we need to defend and battle, he's shown that he can set us up to do that as well. I'm content with giving Naisy a chance. 

agreed

nothing against Naismith but we should be trying to find better than him same way as we should be trying (in theory) to upgrade on every player too even the best ones 

I quite like Robinson who would have been my ‘if we can’t find better’ choice but naisy’s grabbed that spot

some of the results have been a bit iffy (looked at in isolation) so initially 1 year contract only - we’re a big enough opportunity for him to accept that - if he doesn’t fair enough

slags off the wreck that neilson left and irritates opposing teams so an additional couple of positives 😃👍

Naisys Tackle

No for me.  We can do better.

Expect a pile on tbh.  

Edited by Naisys Tackle

Heartsofgold
29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So what you’re talking about, if we want DECENT  quality in all this positions, is an outlay of £5 - £7 million. Never gonna happen. 

• davemclaren locked this topic