All aboard the Naisy train - poll!!

Ricardo Quaresma

Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?  

1,085 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

1 shot on target, at home against Hibs in an important game...

Playing with 10 men for 70 minutes though

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Ricardo Quaresma

• kingantti1874

Gundermann
2 minutes ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

'not addressed defensive frailties', sorry but did you watch how we defended today? Individual errors have cost us in previous game - but that's not his fault. Also, if we're playing attacking football and scoring, then games will take care of themselves. 

Thanks mostly to Hibs' frailities. Inability to defend set pieces was there again.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Naisys Tackle said:

No for me.  We can do better.

Then who?

naismith know the club and it’s ethos and has the team playing the football we have been demanding for years. 

6 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

There’s identifying targets and being able to afford them.

If we have only identified people we can’t afford then something has gone badly wrong with the process.  I like SN and would back him, but if we do appoint it it will feel, to me, like we’ve made a hash of the recruitment process.

bigfatskinnyjambo97
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

Thanks mostly to Hibs' frailities. Inability to defend set pieces was there again.

Pssssh. Not even gonna get into that pile of stink 

Naisy has steadied the ship and made us more aggressive. 

We defo have the basis of a good team. If we can keep hold of Shanks and gino and add a central defender or 2 we can kick on. The injured players coming back will be a big boost too

jack D and coke

If you don’t want him as manager then I doubt you are even a hearts man. 

vegas-voss

I don't know but if they are considering Kennedy then I would far rather have Naismith.Its not that I don't like Naisy or want him to get the job I would just like to see how the options play out in the next few weeks

All roads lead to Gorgie

I voted yes but at the same time I'd love to read his mind on the players he'd like us to sign. The ideal situation would be an experienced ex manager as his assistant, that would work as Naismith already has respect in game but a mentor would add so much as well.

Arthur Morgan
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

There should be an unsure option coz that's where I am. 

Same

Voted yes but I’d like to wait and see all applicants first. We’re in no hurry.

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He's a Timothy.

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Why? (please dont call me a wee vagina)

He’s put the fire back in our belly and turned some flagging players like Atkinson career around. 

Just now, heartyhub said:

I'd rather a decision was made quickly so that we can attract potential signings and maybe the likes of gino might stay if he knows that Naisy will still be here next season.

David McCaig

It’s a No from me, whilst I wouldn’t be distraught if Naismith got the job, 2 wins from 7 games is hardly an inspiring audition.

The biggest issue this year has been awful recruitment and my preference would be a Manager with their own trusted network of scouts ala Burley rather than a Head Coach making do with garbage from Savage.

vegas-voss
2 minutes ago, heartyhub said:

It's mental though the way pre season works now with early European fixtures it's not that long until we go again 😂

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

He's a Timothy.

What’s that got to do with it it? 

Come on Aussie you are at it today. Did someone pee in you cornflakes this morning? 

Rory Mcilroy

Something quite JJ esque the way he has the team playing.

It's a yes from me unless we've received a proper joke CV from someone too good to turn down. 

15 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

agreed

nothing against Naismith but we should be trying to find better than him same way as we should be trying (in theory) to upgrade on every player too even the best ones 

I quite like Robinson who would have been my ‘if we can’t find better’ choice but naisy’s grabbed that spot

some of the results have been a bit iffy (looked at in isolation) so initially 1 year contract only - we’re a big enough opportunity for him to accept that - if he doesn’t fair enough

slags off the wreck that neilson left and irritates opposing teams so an additional couple of positives 😃👍

Robinson for me wouldn't be in a top class manager or better choice category.

gorgie al 1960
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

correct my man - too many fandans having a say here - this is a serial winner we have the opportunity  to turn our fortunes round

2 minutes ago, Imaman said:

What’s that got to do with it it? 

Come on Aussie you are at it today. Did someone pee in you cornflakes this morning? 

It's an in joke with Jack.

I’m a yes but if someone decent gets it I won’t be broken hearted 

Watt-Zeefuik

I still think we'll have better options but I'd be cautiously optimistic if he gets the gig.

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's a Timothy.

Don’t be ridiculous.  
Naisy is as big a proddy bigot as me🇱🇻🥰

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Don’t be ridiculous.  
Naisy is as big a proddy bigot as me🇱🇻🥰

🤣

Nerja Jambo
38 minutes ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

If we dont appoint Naismith after what he's done since coming in then the board have totally chucked it! 

The board chucked when they brought RN back, then chucked even further when they gave him a 3 year extension before a ball was kicked. That stupid decision seems to have been forgotten.

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, gorgie al 1960 said:

correct my man - too many fandans having a say here - this is a serial winner we have the opportunity  to turn our fortunes round

You have to be sensible. It’s as much a risk bringing in this “experienced” manager that the brain injured hearts fans talk of. Naismith is one of the best players to come out of Scotland in the last 20 years. Bags of experience at top level. Absolute shitehouse. Has us playing like a Jim Jeffries team. 
If we don’t give him a shot at it I’ll be pissed. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Ronald Villiers
59 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Like him, could be good. But I just don't know anymore. Someone with experience could be absolutely hopeless and if the players turn on them, they fecked. 

If he gets it, good luck, if he doesn't I hope he stays on.

Agree mate.  We could get someone that we end up excited about that ends up crap.  Naisy for me.

Nerja Jambo
11 minutes ago, Imaman said:

He’s put the fire back in our belly and turned some flagging players like Atkinson career around. 

A bit like Stendal did with the youngsters and Clare.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

He's galvanised the support which is a big pro, but a couple of poor defeats and that will quickly change.

I think he warrants an interview and wouldn't be wholly averse to his appointment. But like others, I feel if an experienced, successful candidate is available that would be preferable.

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's an in joke with Jack.

No worries 👍🏻

Wears heart on sleeve,shows passion on touchline and not afraid to get involved like today with johnson Wednesday with wee fat columbian , so why not give him the chance.

Francis Albert

No for me. 2wins in 7 is his entire managerial record outside of ,Hearts B. 

It would be a gamble of Cathro proportions.

The players have respect for him

Something Ranieri lost a long time a go.

Would offer him a one year contract first.

Go for it 1308
39 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Not appointing someone who picked up 9 points out of 21 is totally chucking it?

Hibs *****

1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

experienced, successful candidate

Won’t always work. Imo

1 minute ago, Imaman said:

No worries 👍🏻

Tho someone has tamper with ma cornflakes. 🤬 Sick to death of watching some these lads masquerading as professional footballers. 

FarmerTweedy
29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Like him, could be good. But I just don't know anymore. Someone with experience could be absolutely hopeless and if the players turn on them, they fecked. 

If he gets it, good luck, if he doesn't I hope he stays on.

Pretty much sums up my view.

I've not voted because I'm basically a don't know. I don't think we've done well enough since he took charge for it to be an obvious choice to give him the job longer term, but at the same time, there's definitely been improvement both in terms of how we've competed with the opposition, and how entertaining and exciting we've been to watch, so I don't think it's an obvious choice to not give him it either. 

Ultimately, I think it really depends on what other candidates we have. There may be someone who has applied for the job (with genuine interest, not just their agent lobbing their name in to try to give other clubs the impression they're in demand) who really stands out as a top candidate, or there may be someone who hasn't actually applied, but who the club have identified and have approached, or are about to.  If so, I'll be happy if the job goes to them, but if not, I'll be fine with Naismith getting it.

My opinion is he will fire up the players and get them them playing for each outher and the Club.

6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm happy to give him a shot, 2 year deal max though.

It's a yes from me - and I agree a 2 year deal is about right. It doesn't make any sense to offer a rookie manager more than that.

The way Naismith has changed the playing style in such a short space of time has been very impressive. Cochrane's mistake today is hardly Naismith's fault - and Naismith deserves credit for the way he set the team up to grind out the result after that. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
3 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Won’t always work. Imo

True, but neither will a rookie with fire in his belly. Either is a gamble.

16 minutes ago, Hansel said:

I'd rather a decision was made quickly so that we can attract potential signings and maybe the likes of gino might stay if he knows that Naisy will still be here next season.

16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's mental though the way pre season works now with early European fixtures it's not that long until we go again 😂

I do get that but a decent experienced manager could make players sign and others likely to sign. No need to be to hasty.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No for me. 2wins in 7 is his entire managerial record outside of ,Hearts B. 

It would be a gamble of Cathro proportions.

That is a clear exaggeration. Apart from the fact that Cathro had no managerial experience, it was obvious just from listening to his post-match interviews that he was out of his depth.

Everything I've heard from Naismith makes me think that he has a clear philosophy on how to play the game and that it's based on his own experience of playing the game at a very high level. Just in terms of his competitiveness alone, Naismith is in a completely different league from Cathro. 

11 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Hibs *****

You're the one who seems overly eager to appoint a manager who has failed to beat Hibs twice.

Heres Rixxy

No. It's the usual trap of an interim manager. Is he the best manager we can attract in the world? I'd suggest not. 

• davemclaren locked this topic