All aboard the Naisy train - poll!!

Ricardo Quaresma

Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?  

1,085 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

I’m glad you at last replied. I don’t give a flying **** how good the scran is in the lounges. Or that Budges brothers missus has her new conservatory on the back of our largesse. Or that we’ve an articulate CEO who thinks he can spin his way out of a risk shitshow. The season has been an utter disgrace. I care about what I see with my eyes and all I see is yet another total failure. If you are context cool, don’t give a shit about that either. You have no expectations or ambition, do’s be it. I’m far more informed than you are by the way 🤣

At last replied? I was at the game and enjoying myself after. you? 

I have lots of ambition. I’m just not a total ****ing fantasist.

ps. I don’t believe you. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Ricardo Quaresma

• kingantti1874

FoH forever

Think I'm 70/30% on appointing him, based on what difference there's been in a short period of time. Concerned over his lack of experience but don't think it's as much as risk as Cathro was. Will be interesting to see if he gets it, type of players he'll want in. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

The fact you disagree with it tells me I’m on the money. You are the very epitome of why our board fail season after season. A total pussy of a Hearts fan. A Budge apologist. A Neilson apologist. And no Hearts supporter should ever forget you supported that Vermin scum in 2016. GFY. 

You're a heckler. 

Full of emotional shite and moans and You're ready and eager  to get in a rage if Naismith is appointed. 

You'll shout and scream but nothing you say has any substances or reality.

You're the guy that is red in the face, gets angry, slags everything and demands you get your way, but you have no substance. 

You're like Nigel Farage, full of anger, piss and wind.

"Unserious football club"..........

Probably makes sense in your head.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

south morocco

I’d give him it. Refreshing style of attacking play ,get in a few more quality additions in central defence, attacking midfield and another striker along with long term injuries clearing I’m already looking forward to next season. Plus nobody likes him which is good

I like Naismith, he talks well but not for me. 2 wins from 7 including 4 games at home. Thought we went very negative today and against Celtic when we went down to 10 men, also last 15 minutes against Aberdeen. Hopefully the board are doing their job to find someone with the experience to take us forward. There could still be a space for Naismith.

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You're a heckler. 

Full of emotional shite and moans and You're ready and eager  to get in a rage if Naismith is appointed. 

You'll shout and scream but nothing you say has any substances or realty.

You're the guy that is red in the face, gets angry, slags everything and demands you get your way, but you have no substance. 

You're like Nigel Farage, full of anger, piss and wind.

"Unserious football club"..........

Probably makes sense in your head.

You'd take Neilson back though, eh?

thegreatsd

His interview after the game was good. Love the bit when he said along the lines of  ‘If anyone comes into our stadium and disrespects us….I like the fight and I like that we’ve got each others backs’. 

I like SN a lot but I would prefer to see a more experienced manager come in. 

Luckies1874
6 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I suppose I could roar and shout abuse at you for your opinion - which seems to be the done thing on here these days - but I'd prefer to say that I get most of what you're saying but not all of it.

You are right in your description of Naismith and his way of doing things, and you're also right IMO that appointing him would be the easy option.  But I disagree that this extends to meaning that we're run as a joke or that we're not a serious operation.  We'll probably give the job to Naismith, but that's not necessarily because our management are particularly weak or bad at the job.  I suspect that a lot of clubs in our situation would do something similar.

We'll choose Naismith because he's the obvious choice, even though that doesn't make him the right choice.  He hasn't done well.  He's done less than OK and better than godawful.  That's the truth - 9 points from 21 and 1 from 6 in derbies is without question less than OK, but better than the godawful we were enduring at the end of RN's tenure.  Gross that up over a season. If we scored 2 points from 4 games against Hibs in a season and picked up a total of 48-49 points you would not be happy, and that's the form we've had lately.

Whatever about the board, as supporters we need to get away from two flawed bits of thinking.  The first is to keep looking to the familiar for a manager - the ex-player, ex-manager, former hero, whatever.  Sometimes, maybe most times, a club is better off looking for someone outside the familiar ranks.  The second is to be beguiled by short-term results.  They say that for most fans ancient history is last weekend and the future is next weekend.  We put in a temporary holding coach.  He did OK, in fact less than OK.  But we lost a lot less than usual, and it was better than the horror show that had gone before.  So compare to the end of Neilson's term Naismith looks like a godsend, even though all he's done is make things a little less awful than they were.

Yes he’s not Neilson. And that’s fantastic, God knows I wanted rid of that inept halfwit. We would 1000000% have lost under him today. But again that wasn’t and isn’t my point. I like SN and believe he has significant attributes. I don’t even dispute he might deserve a chance. Not the chance. However I disagree entirely about those who run us and I am, despite others views, well informed on that front. They have it ridiculously easy. I don’t want them to get away with east and cheap again. They came 2nd in a 2 horse race today. One that cost us over 5 million pounds. Fan owned not fan run. **** them. For reasons that I’ll certainly not go into on here, that is very personal to me. They are failures. They rarely get anything right when it comes to football operations. Levein, Cathro and Neilson. As I say an unserious football club. 

9 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I suppose I could roar and shout abuse at you for your opinion - which seems to be the done thing on here these days - but I'd prefer to say that I get most of what you're saying but not all of it.

You are right in your description of Naismith and his way of doing things, and you're also right IMO that appointing him would be the easy option.  But I disagree that this extends to meaning that we're run as a joke or that we're not a serious operation.  We'll probably give the job to Naismith, but that's not necessarily because our management are particularly weak or bad at the job.  I suspect that a lot of clubs in our situation would do something similar.

We'll choose Naismith because he's the obvious choice, even though that doesn't make him the right choice.  He hasn't done well.  He's done less than OK and better than godawful.  That's the truth - 9 points from 21 and 1 from 6 in derbies is without question less than OK, but better than the godawful we were enduring at the end of RN's tenure.  Gross that up over a season. If we scored 2 points from 4 games against Hibs in a season and picked up a total of 48-49 points you would not be happy, and that's the form we've had lately.

Whatever about the board, as supporters we need to get away from two flawed bits of thinking.  The first is to keep looking to the familiar for a manager - the ex-player, ex-manager, former hero, whatever.  Sometimes, maybe most times, a club is better off looking for someone outside the familiar ranks.  The second is to be beguiled by short-term results.  They say that for most fans ancient history is last weekend and the future is next weekend.  We put in a temporary holding coach.  He did OK, in fact less than OK.  But we lost a lot less than usual, and it was better than the horror show that had gone before.  So compare to the end of Neilson's term Naismith looks like a godsend, even though all he's done is make things a little less awful than they were.

Alex MacDonald was the obvious choice to Wallace Mercer in 1981\82. We'll never know if it was the right decision. 

In that case and this you had / have very respected players who were leaders with high standards.

But it remains uncertain. I think the whole package including the youth aspect favour giving it a chance. Get someone more experienced if it doesn't work. Because if it does work it could be brilliant.

Eddiepolio3

I think he's a bit of Kevin Keegan type, you score 3, we'll score 4. I'd rather watch that than grind out 1 nil wins for sure. We'll probably get pumped in the odd game but similarly some teams are going to get banjoed! Naismith in for me

south morocco
5 minutes ago, Heartsfth said:

I like Naismith, he talks well but not for me. 2 wins from 7 including 4 games at home. Thought we went very negative today and against Celtic when we went down to 10 men, also last 15 minutes against Aberdeen. Hopefully the board are doing their job to find someone with the experience to take us forward. There could still be a space for Naismith.

Negative? We lost Haring then Cochrane red and Barrie Mckay sacrificed for a defender. Don’t know what else we could have done. Was delighted we managed to get over the line in difficult circumstances today. Hibs fans should be pissed off they didn’t capitalise on the sending off. Other way round we win that today 

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Yes he’s not Neilson. And that’s fantastic, God knows I wanted rid of that inept halfwit. We would 1000000% have lost under him today. But again that wasn’t and isn’t my point. I like SN and believe he has significant attributes. I don’t even dispute he might deserve a chance. Not the chance. However I disagree entirely about those who run us and I am, despite others views, well informed on that front. They have it ridiculously easy. I don’t want them to get away with east and cheap again. They came 2nd in a 2 horse race today. One that cost us over 5 million pounds. Fan owned not fan run. **** them. For reasons that I’ll certainly not go into on here, that is very personal to me. They are failures. They rarely get anything right when it comes to football operations. Levein, Cathro and Neilson. As I say an unserious football club. 

We're in agreement about Naismith and Neilson so, which means we don't need to argue.

If you want to discuss your view of the board and management of the club, maybe post that on another thread and we can talk about it there.  The point of this thread is simply whether or not Naismith should be given the job.  

4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

McKinley alongside likes of McAvoy and Gerry Mallon is a new broom. They didn't make these appointments.

And the sacking of Neilson was a very different act.

Edited by Mikey1874

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

you want an expensive foreign option who is more likely to fail thank naismith.

Part my actually wants it to happen to prove you are talking bs.

having inside info and all that about no one skews being considered. 

anyway. The vast majority on here seem happy enough, and those around me at the game were happy enough so in the grand scheme of things. That’s all the matters 

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Really? I can’t recall us ever losing to Hibs at Tynecastle under RN.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

The vast majority on here seem happy enough, and those around me at the game were happy enough so in the grand scheme of things. That’s all the matters 

I hear you, but would they still be happy if we replicated our recent form for a season?  Let's say half a season?  19 games in, and Hearts are sitting in 6th or 7th place on 24 points, having played Hibs twice and picked up one point.  What would we all be saying then?

Just now, Ulysses said:

I hear you, but would they still be happy if we replicated our recent form for a season?  Let's say half a season?  19 games in, and Hearts are sitting in 6th or 7th place on 24 points, having played Hibs twice and picked up one point.  What would we all be saying then?

That 'form' is beating everyone at Tynecastle  except Old Firm. Obviously the away form remains a challenge.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That 'form' is beating everyone at Tynecastle  except Old Firm. Obviously the away form remains a challenge.

But it's still 9 points from 7 games and 1 point from 6 against Hibs.  It only looks alright because the end of Neilson's term was so awful.

GrimUpNorth

"2 wins from 7" christ sake put it in context. This is a side that had lost 5 in a row including losing to the likes of Kilmanock and St Mirren at home. A side devoid of any confidence or form. Pinning the Hibs defeat on him is harsh seeing as he'd only been in the job a couple of days, he's only lost to Celtic since.

The wins over Ross County and Aberdeen were excellent, played great attacking football. Celtic were needing a win for the title we played well until the early red, Rangers we were decent and kept at it until the end, today again the early red card changed everything but again we dug in and kept at it until the end. He's done very well to turn it around so quickly, brought us passion and attacking football in a short space of time. Too many on here think it's like playing the PlayStation. 

Any of the front runners will be a big gamble absolutely nobody stands out. 

15 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

But it's still 9 points from 7 games and 1 point from 6 against Hibs.  It only looks alright because the end of Neilson's term was so awful.

You need to take account of the fixtures. One bottom six game. Working out the equivalent for the season is at least 56 points, 2 more than this season. 

For example you play Old Firm 2 out of 11 games normally. I've taken the home wins and away draws and extrapolated. So no away wins but win every home game outwith Old Firm which I put as all defeats. This seasons results v Hibs. Fair balanced assessment. 

But not accounting for more time with team. Just equivalent to his 7 games.

Edited by Mikey1874

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

"2 wins from 7" christ sake put it in context. This is a side that had lost 5 in a row including losing to the likes of Kilmanock and St Mirren at home. A side devoid of any confidence or form. Pinning the Hibs defeat on him is harsh seeing as he'd only been in the job a couple of days, he's only lost to Celtic since.

The wins over Ross County and Aberdeen were excellent, played great attacking football. Celtic were needing a win for the title we played well until the early red, Rangers we were decent and kept at it until the end, today again the early red card changed everything but again we dug in and kept at it until the end. He's done very well to turn it around so quickly, brought us passion and attacking football in a short space of time. Too many on here think it's like playing the PlayStation. 

Do we really know who the front runners are?

GrimUpNorth
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I was only going by gossip on here and the betting market, which is all we've got. From those I'd give it to Naismith but maybe/hopefully the club do have someone better lined up.

south morocco
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think there are any imho. 

An easy yes for me, for the following reasons:

- lots of positive signs and performances since coming in (at a very difficult part of the season having to clean up Robbie's mess)

- speaks well

- 'gets' Hearts

- the players clearly respect him

- let's face it, if Chris Wilder is our best alternative at the moment, then I'd rather give Naismith a go and wait until something better comes up

It may well not work out, but based on what I have seen so far, a short term deal would be sensible.

south morocco
37 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Still better with your Neilson context. What would you like to see ? 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Heartsfth said:

Very negative when down to ten men???? Who'd have thought it!!

johnking123

Loved Naismith enthusiasm.  But want a bit more. If he gets job, will obviously get my support. 

tiger Rudi
43 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

No, it also looks alright because of the way the team played and because in 3 of those games we were rightly or wrongly reduced to 10 men. 7 games that included the OF. One of which was drawn, the other game hinging on a disputed sending off. 

His first game in charge against Hibs was the worst game. I'm of the opinion he gave the players their chance to redeem themselves..... they failed. He's tried to put his own stamp on things since. I think we have all seen improvement. 

I think it’s a really difficult one to call - glad it’s not me! Naisy had 3 games where we played with 10 men - we only lost the Celtic game. We beat Aberdeen..comfortably , and scrambled a rare draw against Rangers. Not sure you can deduce a lot from those results but you can’t argue that the style of football has been much better to watch…..not difficult, I know! Unless there is an outstanding manager for the position I would give the job to him - no more than a two year deal though.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Haha things like that only appeal to my childish persona and pettiness..
Morelos the other night and square go’s after a derby….

Im sold🥰

It's the most appealing thing about him. It's clearly infectious and has a team that had been snoring back to snarling.

It's so appealing I'm worried folks are getting carried away with it. That 2019-2020 side had plenty of snarl in it but far too much age and tactical naivete in it. I know as a rule we're shite post-split. I know the ER game was too soon to expect much from him. But still, two wins from 7, 9 points from 21, 1 point from 6 against Hibs . . . lots of storming play in the opponents' halves but aside from RC, not that many goals. After the excitement fades I get worried.

Naisy has said he'd be open to going back into a lesser role if we're bringing in someone he can learn from. Nobody asked me but I'd be fine if the board ran the final list of candidates by him, saying, you're no getting the top gig, Naisy, but we really want you to stay around, who do you think you could work with? Not as a veto but to take it under advisement. Let them talk it out and see if we could work out a kind of understudy role for him.

Maybe too much to ask. I'd still say at this point that, while I know nothing about them personally, Cifuentes and Kennedy, if folk who know their business and we can trust are singing the praises of them, are the kinds of CVs I'd prefer at this point.

jack D and coke
Just now, Led Tasso said:

It's the most appealing thing about him. It's clearly infectious and has a team that had been snoring back to snarling.

It's so appealing I'm worried folks are getting carried away with it. That 2019-2020 side had plenty of snarl in it but far too much age and tactical naivete in it. I know as a rule we're shite post-split. I know the ER game was too soon to expect much from him. But still, two wins from 7, 9 points from 21, 1 point from 6 against Hibs . . . lots of storming play in the opponents' halves but aside from RC, not that many goals. After the excitement fades I get worried.

Naisy has said he'd be open to going back into a lesser role if we're bringing in someone he can learn from. Nobody asked me but I'd be fine if the board ran the final list of candidates by him, saying, you're no getting the top gig, Naisy, but we really want you to stay around, who do you think you could work with? Not as a veto but to take it under advisement. Let them talk it out and see if we could work out a kind of understudy role for him.

Maybe too much to ask. I'd still say at this point that, while I know nothing about them personally, Cifuentes and Kennedy, if folk who know their business and we can trust are singing the praises of them, are the kinds of CVs I'd prefer at this point.

I want a man in charge who mirrors me. Childish, petty, an absolute shitehouse who winds up absolutely everybody. And a proddy. 
I’ll be raging if Naismith doesn’t get it to be quite honest. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I want a man in charge who mirrors me. Childish, petty, an absolute shitehouse who winds up absolutely everybody. And a proddy. 

We need more childish, petty, shitehouse wind-up merchants who are Proddies tbh.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

We need more childish, petty, shitehouse wind-up merchants who are Proddies tbh.

:lol: you ken

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Fantastic post. 😙👍

Voice of reason

Naismith should get it. Without the red cards we beat both Celtic and Hibs at Tynecastle and finish third, and this poll is closer to 100% in favour. Posters talking about the points total are really not considering the impact of the 3 red cards he’s had to deal with. That’s just unfair and a bit daft.

J.T.F.Robertson
14 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

How abourt Nathan Jones. Luton promoted to EPL but a lot of credit goes to him

Supreme choice! 👍

jambopilms

Can't do much about defenders missing the basic attributes to be defenders.

Huge improvement in Hill, Atkinson and Oda.

If an experienced manager came in and had more than 30 shots in two games at home, drew with rangers at Ibrox and outplayed Celtic and Hibs until red cards we would have been more than happy.

Only down point is St Mirren away but we were still up against the ref and VAR in that one.

Yes for me.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Naismith should get it. Without the red cards we beat both Celtic and Hibs at Tynecastle and finish third, and this poll is closer to 100% in favour. Posters talking about the points total are really not considering the impact of the 3 red cards he’s had to deal with. That’s just unfair and a bit daft.

Red card against Celtic was garbage and we were playing very well but how often do they snatch a win from us when we've been on top most of the game without a card?

Red card against Mirren was even more garbage we'd already played an absolutely turgid 60 minutes and only gotten a goal back against the run of play. We wouldn't have been favored to get a draw much less a win with 11 men much less 10. Bit of guile from Gino and ice from Shanks and we got a smash and grab point.

Red card against Hibs was 100% a red and came from bad positioning by the defenders that left us gaping for a counter. That's not bad luck, that's football.

I don't want to be glib, he's been dealt a tough hand to play and he's done okay with it, and I absolutely love his shitehouse attitude. But there's more problems with how we've played than I think folk are letting on.

merseyjambo
18 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

How abourt Nathan Jones. Luton promoted to EPL but a lot of credit goes to him

Apparently lined up for the Cardiff job.

Is ex Cardiff Player

vegas-voss
51 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

I love the philosophy and if it something he is going to go with and stay with then I would get behind it.The guy is a winner he knows what it takes to win his inexperience worries me yes but it doesn't seem to worry him he seems confident and self assured.Im coming round to him getting it full time now.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Threads like this will encourage the board to do it because the soft, don’t-rock-the-boat option always suits them.

This appointment would be based on fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck all - but if it’s the way we’re going, let’s hope for the best.

Good luck to the boy.

Famous 1874

It’s a tough one as I like Naisy but as a club we can’t afford to get Neilson’s permanent replacement wrong. 

Under Naisy we’ve shown some promising signs and certainly play a far more attractive style than under the previous regime. 

However we’ll likely have far more qualified and better managers applying for the role. The club should exhaust all options first. Let’s not just give Naisy the job because we got a point at Ibrox.  He has no experience of building a squad which is a major requirement for me. 

Currently in the no camp just because I think there is undoubtedly better managers out there. If in say a few weeks time we announced Naisy then I wouldn’t be disappointed. 

However if Naisy was announced let’s say in the next week or 2, then I’d be certain to say that we’ve went with the cheap option.

vegas-voss

Just read his interview he is getting the job.When he is asked about Oda next season he says Oda will progress more and learn to play how WE want to play.

Voice of reason
6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Red card against Celtic was garbage and we were playing very well but how often do they snatch a win from us when we've been on top most of the game without a card?

Red card against Mirren was even more garbage we'd already played an absolutely turgid 60 minutes and only gotten a goal back against the run of play. We wouldn't have been favored to get a draw much less a win with 11 men much less 10. Bit of guile from Gino and ice from Shanks and we got a smash and grab point.

Red card against Hibs was 100% a red and came from bad positioning by the defenders that left us gaping for a counter. That's not bad luck, that's football.

I don't want to be glib, he's been dealt a tough hand to play and he's done okay with it, and I absolutely love his shitehouse attitude. But there's more problems with how we've played than I think folk are letting on.

It is football but these red cards effect your point total so people just quoting his points record are being way too black and white. That’s all I’m saying. The football has been attacking and exciting at Tynecastle. The away form still needs work.

I am on the fence, leaning towards him getting it.  It is a gamble to some extent, but literally anyone we appoint will be because in the market we are in we're not getting anyone else.

The big worry for me with inexperienced managers is how they react in adversity.  But everything he says and how he explains his decisions and how he's seen the game gives me confidence he'd be ok. 

That said, i don't know what our options are and you'd like to think we have been looking seriously at others.  There's the makings of a very good manager in there but maybe it's too early

merseyjambo

I’ve said yes but I’m not 100%.

I like a lot of what I’m hearing from him about an identity and playing style as it’s something I think we have lacked since JJ left.

Are there better options out there, certainly. Is it someone who is going to get the club and the fans. Absolutely not.

The fans want passion and fight from the players and I think we’ve seen that in the last few weeks.

I don’t know much about Swedish football so I’ve no idea what sort of manager Cifuentes is (if he got it). My concern with going foreign is will we get another le Guen or Alessio which will set us back and paying another manager off. I know all managers are a risk but we’re still paying Neilson’s wages, do we really want to be in that position again.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Heartsfth said:

So you are saying when we went down to 10 men against Celtic, we should have opened up and allowed Celtic to rip us apart.

Today, when we needed a point and went down to 10 men, we should have risked it all to go for the win when it wouldn't have changed the final league position we had.

Honestly, some times I despair at the total stupidity of posts like yours above. 

• davemclaren locked this topic