• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Konrad von Carstein

• il Duce McTarkin

• Dick Dastardly

fabienleclerq

I think B teams should skip a few rungs on the ladder. They will give young players a chance to play against men and hopefully produce players for the national team

All these Diddy teams have to much to say.

Shooter McGavin

Social media platforms do more than enough to keep people safe online, but people are attention seekers and want to act like victims, rather than use the inbuilt functionality these apps provide.

BlueRiver
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Scotland isn’t exclusively a Celtic country. 

:spoton:

Hate the idea that somehow we have a natural affinity with Ireland and Wales because we're "Celtic" as well. I've as much in common with your standard Welsh man as I do your standard English man or German even. 

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

@jonesy @Dirk McTarkin and @JudyJudyJudy

Are excellent posters and provide balanced, informative posts on all manner of topics...

I am honoured to be in such esteemed company . I really am . 

IMG_4047.gif

Samuel Camazzola

The Hector Nicol version of the Hearts Song is shite and shouldn't be played on match day. The Colin Chisholm version is the only edition required to be aired. 

6 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Hate the idea that somehow we have a natural affinity with Ireland and Wales because we're "Celtic" as well. I've as much in common with your standard Welsh man as I do your standard English man or German even. 

We're Celts, Britons, Scandinavian, Anglo, Norman and many, many more. Different peoples, one nationality. Scottish. British isn't a nationality, as it isn't a nation. United(In name) Parliament and crowns, separate nations.  

Konrad von Carstein
7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I am honoured to be in such esteemed company . I really am . 

IMG_4047.gif

Dammit, I forgot the :sarcasm: emoji 

:lol:

14 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

I think it’s the romantic narrative fed through the years into peoples heads as another angle of being different from England when the facts are we’re all very similar.   

The language was more Celtic based because of the settlement of the Celts way way back but the DNA is far more diverse.  

I asked a Bulgarian guy I worked beside a couple of years back what we sound like to him? (He’s lived here for a few years now)  He said we sound very German.  A harsh accent and tone very similar to them.  

On 04/05/2023 at 08:31, Taffin said:

It just seems awful: lack of sleep, time and money to do the things you enjoy.

As a new father I can safely say the last 4 and a bit months have been the best of my life, despite the dread and fear that comes with being responsible for such a fragile young life and the initial lack of sleep. He now sleeps through the night, has another 4/5 naps a day and the rest of the time he's either eating or just sat/lay there laughing and smiling away! 

That said it'd have no doubt been much harder when I was younger, at 41 not only was I older and calmer about parenthood plus we had the house we wanted, job/salary I wanted and can happily function on 6/7 hours sleep a night, had I been in my 20's making a 3rd of what I do now and still renting a flat and sleeping in until midday every weekend then the change the wee man brought would have nigh on killed me!

7 hours ago, jonesy said:

John Inman get his visa application rejected?

:isee:😂

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm in favour of the under occupancy tax but object to the exemption for pensioners.

I agree with it in principle, but the shortage of 1 bedroom properties for rent make it unfair.  But it's not just pensioners who don't have to pay, everyone in Scotland liable for the UOC can claim Discretionary Housing Payment, which covers the shortfall in their Housing Benefit.

Edited by Meathook
'of' not 'on' you feckin dingus.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I think it’s the romantic narrative fed through the years into peoples heads as another angle of being different from England when the facts are we’re all very similar.   

The language was more Celtic based because of the settlement of the Celts way way back but the DNA is far more diverse.  

I asked a Bulgarian guy I worked beside a couple of years back what we sound like to him? (He’s lived here for a few years now)  He said we sound very German.  A harsh accent and tone very similar to them.  

I'm surprised no-one wants the Name Alba wiped from records. Considering what it actually means.

Edited by ri Alban

21 minutes ago, Meathook said:

I agree with it in principle, but the shortage of 1 bedroom properties for rent make it unfair.  But it's not just pensioners who don't have to pay, everyone in Scotland liable for the UOC can claim Discretionary Housing Payment, which covers the shortfall in their Housing Benefit.

There's a shortage of all properties - hence the insane prices. You've got 2 pensioners in 4 bedroom houses and normal folk are expected to find 400k for a family home which is unfair too. They shouldn't be exempt.

Renters shouldn't have to pay it imo (hadn't considered it tbh) as a multi room rental will already be more expensive. I'd class that as entirely unoccupied by the owner and tax them into oblivion instead.

Edited by Taffin

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Funny, my missus (Polish) says that I sound like a wee boy when attempting to speak Polski... apparently I sound similar to how Czech folk sound to Poles, sing songy :lol:

There’s a few videos on YouTube along the lines of what (American) English sounds like to non-English speakers.  It’s weird.

It reminds me a bit of a place I stayed at in the Canaries a few years ago - there were lots of Flemish there and listening to them was like ‘is that Flemish or are they speaking English and I’m a bit pissed…?’

Edited by FWJ

superjack
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Funny, my missus (Polish) says that I sound like a wee boy when attempting to speak Polski... apparently I sound similar to how Czech folk sound to Poles, sing songy :lol:

You should try speaking gaelic then. In my head, it sounds exactly as my wife says it, but every gaelic speaker I knew just pisses themselves laughing when I attempt the tongue of the Irish.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Bet you've got the adult nappies on as well, ya deviant ;)

That day may not be too far away :(

🎶Ryba i frytki🎶

Fish and chips...

Konrad von Carstein
32 minutes ago, superjack said:

You should try speaking gaelic then. In my head, it sounds exactly as my wife says it, but every gaelic speaker I knew just pisses themselves laughing when I attempt the tongue of the Irish.

Same for me with Polski 🥹

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

You ever see the Chinese Barack Obama impersonator? Didn't speak a word of English, but gabbled nonsense a kind of pseudo-American accent. Was a hit at corporate events all over the Middle Kingdom.

I'm sure I read that Berbatov (Spurs, Man U), learned English by watching the Godfather.

9 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I'm sure I read that Berbatov (Spurs, Man U), learned English by watching the Godfather.

My ex father in law taught himself English at first  by buying Tarzan comics in English and Arab and compared the words. Absolute headmelt. Not just two languages but two alphabets. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

My ex father in law taught himself English at first  by buying Tarzan comics in English and Arab and compared the words. Absolute headmelt. Not just two languages but two alphabets. 

:lol:

You should starve your dog once a fortnight .

Preferably once a week.

Never happen as its unpopular af in ma house.

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

There's a shortage of all properties - hence the insane prices. You've got 2 pensioners in 4 bedroom houses and normal folk are expected to find 400k for a family home which is unfair too. They shouldn't be exempt.

Renters shouldn't have to pay it imo (hadn't considered it tbh) as a multi room rental will already be more expensive. I'd class that as entirely unoccupied by the owner and tax them into oblivion instead.

Ah right, so is that a new form of under occupancy tax you're talking about, one for homeowners?  Who's come up with that?  As 1 of a couple rattling about a 4 bedroom house, I'd probably be against that. Unless I can claim exemption on the grounds that it might affect my mental health...I last moved house about 15 years ago and wouldn't want to go through that again. 🙂

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Ked said:

Preferably once a week.

To what end?

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Preferably once a week.

If I forget to feed the dog in the morning she's a nightmare. Would hate to see her starving.

24 minutes ago, Meathook said:

Ah right, so is that a new form of under occupancy tax you're talking about, one for homeowners?  Who's come up with that?  As 1 of a couple rattling about a 4 bedroom house, I'd probably be against that. Unless I can claim exemption on the grounds that it might affect my mental health...I last moved house about 15 years ago and wouldn't want to go through that again. 🙂

Sorry it's not an actual thing, I'm just waffling about the it at conceptual level. I'd apply an under occupancy tax to anyone apart from those renting...whom I'd tax the owner instead.

I probably didn't articulate that well sorry, I was distracting myself from work and not giving either thing enough attention. I don't mean whatever the current actual one is (I've not read about it, as a 1 bedroom occupier)...just I agree with the high level concept and a no pensioners exemptions. I get your point before now too, and yes I agree with you about single bed properties being scarce 👍

Don't worry I'm too dim to be in a social policy making role, so you're safe! (Just not from my inane drivel posts)

On 04/05/2023 at 15:50, Ulysses said:

The movie Idiocracy is kind of based on that notion.

Idiocracy - Wikipedia

On 04/05/2023 at 15:52, milky_26 said:

Was about to post the same thing

Watched it tonight. It's more skewed toward IQ idiocy that was in my head, but yes, it's a very similar line of thought. Incredibly silly film, but I quite enjoyed it whilst finding it terrifying at the same time 😂

superjack
26 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Orange and mint flavoured chocolate are the dugs danglies...

Orange, away and shite.

Mint though, totally agree.

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, superjack said:

Orange, away and shite.

Mint though, totally agree.

😲

38 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Salted caramel flavoured chocolate is the dugs danglies...

Now, your post is correct.

👍

Konrad von Carstein
10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

People who eat crisp sandwiches, should be executed. 

Watch society improve in their absence. 

You are needing a boot in the particulars 🧐

Greedy Jambo
38 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

People who eat crisp sandwiches, should be executed. 

Watch society improve in their absence. 

Oafft, I want a salt n vinegar crisp sandwich now, not had one in ages. 

BlueRiver
18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Pfft, you clearly, need executed 🤷🏻‍♂️

Though you kind of proves my point. Hard to deny, the world would be better of if was less if your types 😃

****ing Wotsits Sandwich Muncher.

Probably put ketchup on sandwich too😡

:laugh2:

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Pfft, you clearly, need executed 🤷🏻‍♂️

Though you kind of proves my point. Hard to deny, the world would be better of if was less if your types 😃

****ing Wotsits Sandwich Muncher.

Probably put ketchup on sandwich too😡

When I made an ex macaroni cheese with home made cheese etc and then he would pour tomato sauce over it. I really should have hit him over the head with the sauce pan 

muldoon74

Might be unpopular, might not..

Seeing as the Scottish Govt are looking to scrap "Not Proven" verdict I think it should be tempered with the introduction of Whole Life Tariff so that life means life.. 

I get that victims often see Not Proven as a loss, however I see it as there's still a chance (dependant on new evidence etc being presented for a retrial) for someone who has slipped through the cracks or has their lawyer play the system to get such a verdict, to be convicted later on. 

Justice system in this country (Scotland) is soft as shite. 

Don't get me started on very much softer sentences for those under 25 because they have a better chance of being rehabilitated...  Utter bollox. Fu****g SNP. I'm not political but ffs when are we gonna get rid of these halfwits? 

I realise a couple of few IPAs have been had and I may have gone off topic slightly but.. Rant over (for now).. 

Apologies for the digression... 😃

muldoon74
14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

When I made an ex macaroni cheese with home made cheese etc and then he would pour tomato sauce over it. I really should have hit him over the head with the sauce pan 

Baseball bat to the knees for that behaviour I would have thought! 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, muldoon74 said:

Baseball bat to the knees for that behaviour I would have thought! 

Not violent enough 

Ice cream is childrens food.

The earlier Beatles songs were way better than thier later stuff.

Milk chocolate is for deviants.

Anyone who drinks fizzy pop (or calls it juice) should be drowned.

muldoon74
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Not violent enough 

Should've took a leaf out of Marcelus Wallace' book and got medieval on his ass. (not in a good way either..). 

images (1).jpg

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Should've took a leaf out of Marcelus Wallace' book and got medieval on his ass. (not in a good way either..). 

images (1).jpg

Where u think the baseball bat would have went ? 😂

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Oafft, I want a salt n vinegar crisp sandwich now, not had one in ages. 

A good quality roll, strawberry jam, ready salted crisps and peanuts. Ooft. 

Not had it since 1990 though. 

muldoon74
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Where u think the baseball bat would have went ? 😂

Across his knees as per original post...

(other than that what someone who's gone to the effort of making mac n cheese then some deviant puts ketchup on it does to that aforementioned deviant.. Not for me to say..)🙄👍