• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

• Taffin

• Marvin

August Landmesser

Feeling a lot better about this game now, a mixture of Robbie's departure and watching Hibs this afternoon. 

They're still a mess, with a couple of threatening players.

Won't predict a score just yet, wait and see what happens with our coaching set-up during the week

Hectormasson
9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Bring it on. Now get tore into these tramps

0-3  

ditto get inty thum......

38 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Clark 

M.Smith Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Haring Grant

Ginnelly                  McKay 

Shankland 

2-1 Hearts

would be my team

4.3.3    Stewart

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Haring

Devlin         Grant

Ginelly                 McKay

Shankland 

Hope to see every single player bursting a gut to save our season. 

Kuol, Humphreys, Atkinson, Kingsley, Hill, Halliday, Forrest, Kio ffs with a bench like that we shouldn't fear anyone if everybody plays to their best! Here's hoping whoever's in charge for the rest of the season can galvanise this squad. We can still get 3rd!!

1 minute ago, 5jambo1 said:

would be my team

Very similar to mine. Will Clark be fit? Will the real Kingsley turn up? 

20 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

4.3.3    Stewart

Haring

Devlin         Grant

Ginelly                 McKay

Shankland 

Hope to see every single player bursting a gut to save our season. 

Kuol, Humphreys, Atkinson, Kingsley, Hill, Halliday, Forrest, Kio ffs with a bench like that we shouldn't fear anyone if everybody plays to their best! Here's hoping whoever's in charge for the rest of the season can galvanise this squad. We can still get 3rd!!

👍👍👍👍

Bazzas right boot

If we don't defend cross balls, could be rough and that Yuan ( sp) is decent, but I reckon we'll win

3-1.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I don’t get why people still want Smith in the team. He’s one of the main reasons we have leaked so many goals.  He’s a legend but is well past his sell by date for a club like Hearts….IMHO

Gorgie_Rules

Clean slate to play whoever we want now. Not sure Haring will be up to speed yet, I assume Snodgrass will be suspended.

Clark

Haring   Devlin

McKay      Grant         Gino

Shankland

If Haring isn’t ready then play Halliday.

Gorgie_Rules
11 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Very similar to mine. Will Clark be fit? Will the real Kingsley turn up? 

Neilson said on Saturday both Clark and Gino will be back next week.

Hope Shanks restored to his natural position.

Only constant at a club are the fans so let's put all behind us and support the guys. Things will settle and the present is history.

New beginnings (sounds like a Frasier toast).

All roads lead to Gorgie

Time for the team to show they are not as sh** as they appear and they were holding a lot back under Neilson. They owe it to us big time to do so. It's hibs so no excuses, has to be a win. 

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Neilson said on Saturday both Clark and Gino will be back next week.

Hopefully both will start. 

LochcarronJambo
52 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

time for a new derby day hero , I'm going for Kuol 

Yes please, I really thought he might have got a start Saturday -not sure that will happen this Saturday but dreaming about him coming on & doing  a Wayne Foster to win the day 

Graham Thomson
18 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Clark 

M.Smith Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Haring Grant

Ginnelly                  McKay 

Shankland 

2-1 Hearts

That team my friend in that formation hammers Hibs, great shout 👏👏👏👏👏

Can't see why fans want to see Mckay in the team.  This will be a game for battlers.  We needs Humps in from the start to terrorize them.

As well as the current midfield thugs Campbell and Newell, they a new thug called Jeggo.  They are going to try and kick us off the park.  Wee Barrie will missing action again, if he plays on Saturday.

indianajones
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Can't see why fans want to see Mckay in the team.  This will be a game for battlers.  We needs Humps in from the start to terrorize them.

As well as the current midfield thugs Campbell and Newell, they a new thug called Jeggo.  They are going to try and kick us off the park.  Wee Barrie will missing action again, if he plays on Saturday.

Yep. He's benched for me too. Not a game for Barries type. 

19 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Most Hibs fans will have seen the RN decision today and thought ‘oh shit’.  They will have been hoping he’d still be in the job for another week and not many on here were expecting him to turn it around at the weekend.    I think we will see a much improved performance and players will pick up the tools they have rightly or wrongly downed after losing faith in Neilson.   Feeling much more positive that we can now get a result and salvage 3rd place. 

My thoughts entirely! 

8 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I don’t get why people still want Smith in the team. He’s one of the main reasons we have leaked so many goals.  He’s a legend but is well past his sell by date for a club like Hearts….IMHO

I’m a big Smith fan. Great servant but on Saturday he was a pale shadow of a player. Sorry but he now need to step away from the team.

Just looked at hibsnet and they all want Johnston sacked and they are not positive about playing us. Really is an opportunity for us!! 

19 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Most Hibs fans will have seen the RN decision today and thought ‘oh shit’.  They will have been hoping he’d still be in the job for another week and not many on here were expecting him to turn it around at the weekend.    I think we will see a much improved performance and players will pick up the tools they have rightly or wrongly downed after losing faith in Neilson.   Feeling much more positive that we can now get a result and salvage 3rd place. 

Let’s hope this is the case. In my view the sacking was a pretty low-risk move, because I didn’t see us winning another game this season under Neilson. We looked for a reaction after Celtic (twice), after Pittodrie and after Rugby Park. And we got last Saturday. I agree that everyone concerned with Hibs would have been hoping the same circus would roll into Lochend. Frankly, I’m still pretty apprehensive about Saturday though.

Really looking forward to this now!

Naismith has been waiting for this opportunity and I'm convinced the team will pull together to get the win. Away to Hibs is probably the perfect first game for him. And I have more confidence in him than Robbie to push Rangers and Celtic in what will be meaningless games for them post split.

Looking forward to seeing who he picks and what formation.

I'd go for either:

Clark

Devlin Grant Halliday

Ginnelly Shankland McKay 

Or preferably a simple 442:

Clark

Ginnelly Devlin Halliday McKay

Humphrys Shankland 

Smith for me has to play because he is still better than Atkinson. 

Rather Mckay than whatever Grant does. Humps is a threat but can be lazy at times

Not sure if worth risking Haring. But we have 5 subs so may as well start him with Devlin

Scott Leitch

I wouldn't be starting Haring. He looks miles off it which is understandable given his 6 months out. He'd be a red waiting to happen. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
47 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Smith for me has to play because he is still better than Atkinson. 

Never in a million years is he better. Smith is a shadow of his former self. He stops any forward momentum by constantly turning back. And way too many crosses are allowed into our box from his side. Atkinson at least pushes the play up into the opponents half and he is a genuine threat. Can’t say that about Smith these days

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

Drylaw Hearts

Youhan v Smith gives me the fear.

Yougan v Atkinson equally gives me the fear.

So play them both and cut out Hibs only creative player.

Hibs will play the Ukrainian if they’ve any sense as we’re powderpuff in the middle.

LochcarronJambo

I expect every single Hearts player to really knuckle down & go for it Saturday - game should take care of itself for players & desire on every tackle & touch, should be a given……the lack of desire on Saturday by some was a real let down

ViewfromtheEast
21 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Bring it on. Now get tore into these tramps

0-3  

I'm actually very well dressed. I get compliments. 😊

ViewfromtheEast
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Just looked at hibsnet and they all want Johnston sacked and they are not positive about playing us. Really is an opportunity for us!! 

Let's see how it goes. But yes, we are not confident.

50 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

I wouldn't be starting Haring. He looks miles off it which is understandable given his 6 months out. He'd be a red waiting to happen. 

completely agree. He’s not played in 5 months or so and I’d be worried if he starts even though midfields Hibs worst area. 
Devlin , Halliday and Grant for me. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Rick Sanchez

I'd consider Lewis Neilson to partner Rowles, on the understanding that if he shites a header and let's the ball bounce, he's getting hooked.

Fxxx the SPFL

Let’s get into these sister fisting inbreds and hump them off the park Shanks and Humps up front for me 

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Rather Mckay than whatever Grant does. Humps is a threat but can be lazy at times

Not sure if worth risking Haring. But we have 5 subs so may as well start him with Devlin

Grant slung out wide left on Sat?  No wonder players got pissed off. Play the guy centrally, he’s not got the pace to play some kind of council Grealish role.  What he does have is a good burst over 5 yards and an eye for a pass. 

Use his best parts where they are effective.  

Neilson’s last act was also to play two of our oldest legs in midfield against a team pushing for top 4 and on a wee bit form.  Grant should’ve been in there.  

Edited by Debut 4

5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Let’s get into these sister fisting inbreds and hump them off the park Shanks and Humps up front for me 

I think SN will look to put as much pace into the team as he can rationally, and who he thinks his biggest characters are.  

Luckies1874
38 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

completely agree. He’s not played in 5 months or so and I’d be worried if he starts even though midfields Hibs worst area. 
Devlin , Halliday and Grant for me. 

I'd seriously consider playing Sibbick in central midfield on Saturday. Look at his energy and athleticism in the last game at Easter Road. We need presence in there. Get some legs in the team; no Smith, Halliday or Snodgrass. 

Zander

Atkinson   Rowles   Kingsley   Cochrane

Devlin  Sibbick  Grant 

McKay

Shankland  Humphrys 

Edited by Luckies1874

10 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Clean slate to play whoever we want now. Not sure Haring will be up to speed yet, I assume Snodgrass will be suspended.

Clark

Haring   Devlin

McKay      Grant         Gino

Shankland

If Haring isn’t ready then play Halliday.

I doubt haring will start but hope he does. Can’t see anything different to the team you’ve picked other than that. 

10 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Know it’s a long shot but if anyone has a spare ticket I’m willing to take it off your hands for £50

Try Facebook.

The number of folk that "couldn't go now" a couple of days ago was incredible.

12 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I'd seriously consider playing Sibbick in central midfield on Saturday. Look at his energy and athleticism in the last game at Easter Road. We need presence in there. 

Zander

Atkinson   Rowles   Kingsley   Cochrane

Devlin  Sibbick  Grant 

McKay

Shankland  Humphrys 

Wouldn’t be against Sibbick in there but given the circumstances I think he’ll put him back in defence.  Kingsley hasn’t been great but maybe Cochrane in front of him and Rowles(again, not been great) at least gives us natural lefties right across that side.  

Put Gino back wide and help out Smith with his pace and Cochrane on the other side gives a bit balance being more defensive minded (but has the legs to also get forward. 

If you notice, Humph has a tendency to drop in for the ball.  Maybe he could play a more concentrated role just off Shankland and also be there to tuck in defensively at half way when we lose it.  His turn of pace might benefit from deep if it opens up aswell.  Just tell Devlin to sit and patrol across the back 4. Be a body in there to squeeze it, more so when it’s at Smith’s side.   Or do we start Hill for pace?

Zander

Smith/Hill. Sibbick.  Rowles. Kingsley. 

Ginnelly Devlin Grant.  Cochrane. 

Humphrys. 

Shankland.  

Edited by Debut 4

Luckies1874
5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Wouldn’t be against Sibbick in there but given the circumstances I think he’ll put him back in defence.  Kingsley hasn’t been great but maybe Cochrane in front of him and Rowles(again, not been great) at least gives us natural lefties right across that side.  

Put Gino back wide and help out Smith with his pace and Cochrane on the other side gives a bit balance being more defensive minded (but has the legs to also get forward. 

If you notice, Humph has a tendency to drop in for the ball.  Maybe he could play a more concentrated role just off Shankland and also be there to tuck in defensively at half way when we lose it.  His turn of pace might benefit from deep if it opens up aswell.  Just tell Devlin to sit and patrol across the back 4. Be a body in there to squeeze it, more so when it’s at Smith’s side.   Or do we start Hill for pace?

Zander

Smith/Hill. Sibbick.  Rowles. Kingsley. 

Ginnelly Devlin Grant.  Cochrane. 

Humphrys. 

Shankland.  

Yep that looks decent mate. I'm concerned about right back. Smith has been a great pro but he really can't run anymore and the boy Youan is a danger. Going to be fascinating to see what Naismith does with the options available.