Suitable managers

Sertse

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

100% but McKinley said that he and Savage had discussed the potential for Neilson leaving/sacked and apparently we are always looking. If true, we should have been ahead of the game. 

Could be they meant looking down the corridor :whistling:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Aye okay if you say so.

That's great. Thanks.

Just now, Cruyff said:

100% but McKinley said that he and Savage had discussed the potential for Neilson leaving/sacked and apparently we are always looking. If true, we should have been ahead of the game. 

Glad you've mentioned this. 

There should be a shortlist of potentials drawn up. As much as I'm not opposed to Naismith's appointment, if it turns out to be him you've got to wonder who they'd been considering when they were discussing Neilson's potential departure. 

🤣 I do start to read like I've a problem with our CEO and Sporting Director I guess but I think I just struggle to match their public statements to their actions. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Glad you've mentioned this. 

There should be a shortlist of potentials drawn up. As much as I'm not opposed to Naismith's appointment, if it turns out to be him you've got to wonder who they'd been considering when they were discussing Neilson's potential departure. 

🤣 I do start to read like I've a problem with our CEO and Sporting Director I guess but I think I just struggle to match their public statements to their actions. 

1. There was almost certainly a shortlist.

2. It will never be published on JKB

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Justified questioning is one thing, but If you've missed the unnecessary derogatory adjectives and off-hand dismissals (more often than not based on ridiculous stereotypes) towards Ann Budge then you've not been paying attention.

It's funny what folk miss, but also seem to pick up on.

Some may call it selective.

Naismith is now 5/1 with the bookies and Chris wilder is new favourite at 5/4!

The board have had 2 months to make a decision and we have conference league qualifiers in July. Decision needs to be made quickly to ensure we have the best chance of kicking on. I genuinely thought we would have a statement at least by now. Makes me think they are still tying up loose ends on a deal but i think if it was Naismith it would have been announced by now.

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That's were I am with it. There's literally thousands of options out there. People boiling it down to extremes have their minds made up and are trying to justify it imo.

It's not Naismith or a Robinson.

It's not Naismith or a past guy from England.

It's not the case that any decent European manager will be out of our price range.

There's a whole world out there and I hope we're exploring it.

Edit: by exploring, I largely mean explored. An appointment needs to be made sharpish, even if the manager isn't joining up until later.

The problem with that logic is that as well as there being thousands of options, there are also thousands of clubs. 

The other issue is that Hearts need to pick one that is interested in coming to us  and most likley to improve us 

It really narrows down our realistic potential managers- significantly. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Naismith is not back from his holidays till next week. I imagine there is no rush to announce until he is back as it's not changing anything

If Naismith ****ed off on hold instead of just delaying it to be appointed I’d disappointed.

There is a need to get this done pronto - clubs are buying new players already. We’ve a hell of a big season ahead which starts earlier due to ****ing up 3rd.

If it was to be Naismith he should be appointed by now and getting some initial work started

now.

No doubt the board have decided on what’s important right now like the colour of drapes for the hotel everything else is on hold

2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

If he can instill even a fraction of his mentality into our team, board, club, fans then next season is going to be epic. I can feel it in my bones 💯

Must admit I’m getting fed up with the inevitable “ we did our best” that permeates our  club board. We need someone who wants to win every game. And not some clapped out old fart that suits Budge.

3 minutes ago, pointon said:

No doubt the board have decided on what’s important right now like the colour of drapes for the hotel everything else is on hold

:lol: 

4 minutes ago, pointon said:

If the hotel provides untold future wealth for the club you can look back with pleasure that it was all worthwhile.

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Sad but unfortunately true. We have a board that would struggle to get a spare bed in a knocking shop.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, CAR said:

The board have had 2 months to make a decision and we have conference league qualifiers in July. Decision needs to be made quickly to ensure we have the best chance of kicking on. I genuinely thought we would have a statement at least by now. Makes me think they are still tying up loose ends on a deal but i think if it was Naismith it would have been announced by now.

Our qualifying rounds aren't until August unless Inverness wins the cup on Saturday, but yes the sooner the better for the announcement of our new manager. 

Rick Sanchez
28 minutes ago, CAR said:

Got a link?

That not old odds?

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Our qualifying rounds aren't until August unless Inverness wins the cup on Saturday, but yes the sooner the better for the announcement of our new manager. 

I'd rather they didn't rush things and make the right appointment

Obviously the sooner the better in terms of appointing someone.

There could be a million and one reasons its Naismith but not announced yet. Minor contract details, backroom staff, how recruitment will work etc.

No announcement doesn't mean it is more or less likely to he him.

As a side note I'd not be that thrilled at some of the name from down south but I'd support them.

1 hour ago, tightrope said:

Do we not have anyone ITK? Even someone to make something up? Come on Kick back community, make my Tuesday brighter.

Announcement tomorrow

37 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The problem with that logic is that as well as there being thousands of options, there are also thousands of clubs. 

The other issue is that Hearts need to pick one that is interested in coming to us  and most likley to improve us 

It really narrows down our realistic potential managers- significantly. 

There are, but there's not thousands of them who can offer what we can in terms of salary, location, European football and exposure by proximity to the richest 'best' league in world football.

We need to stop underselling ourselves and settling imo.

1 hour ago, kila said:

Could be they meant looking down the corridor :whistling:

Folk will think that and he'll never get a fair crack e.g. new Neilson. 

I'm not against Naisy. If he gets it I'll be happy based on what we've seen but if it goes tits for arse early doors next season, the board/SD will lose fan trust and support.  

It probably needs to be someone that unites the support in all honesty. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Also true, which is why I'm pretty hopeful they were (for whatever reason) unable to get who they wanted mid-season but are well into negotiations and shortlists now.

23 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Got a link?

That not old odds?

Sorry yeah your right they seem to have closed the betting

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There are, but there's not thousands of them who can offer what we can in terms of salary, location, European football and exposure by proximity to the richest 'best' league in world football.

Scotland is a shitehole and backwater in footballing terms.

We really aren't that attractive. 

When Neilson was sacked, had we appointed a new manager who had the players busting a gut for him, pumped the only bottom 6 team we played, beat Aberdeen, taken a point at Ibrox and not lost to Hibs and St Mirren (away) playing with 10 men and in all games showing attacking intent throughout fans would be delighted with the new man. The board need to give Naismith the job and he can get on with it, so far I’ve seen no other name that anyone could confidently say would do a better job. 

At no point did the board seriously look beyond Naismith, I firmly believe that, so what’s happening now is simply delaying the inevitable.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Scotland is a shitehole and backwater in footballing terms.

We really aren't that attractive. 

And non-football terms; but there's a heck of a lot worse out there. 

Most of the manager options aren't that attractive either for the better clubs. There's plenty of managers out there that could do a good job with us operating in less attractive set ups. 

Don't take this the wrong way, but you do strike me as someone quite parochial and I think you're applying it again in this instance. If it's not someone connected to the club, you're seemingly not interested or they must either be shit or not attainable.

Why would Naismith be interested in it if he's so great and we're so unappealing? He'll be a multimillionaire, he's literally got not reason to work, but seems to want to do so, and here. Why wouldn't others?

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'd rather they didn't rush things and make the right appointment

Theyve had since the beginning of April so having someone installed in the next week really isnt rushing it. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Folk will think that and he'll never get a fair crack e.g. new Neilson. 

I'm not against Naisy. If he gets it I'll be happy based on what we've seen but if it goes tits for arse early doors next season, the board/SD will lose fan trust and support.  

Uniting the support is a tall order though really. 

jambopilms
19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

salary: poor

location: Edinburgh a decent city but it's hardly going to be a game changer in attracting managers.

European football: a couple of qualifying round isn't anything to be impressed by.

exposure: Zero, nobody in England cares, nevermind any other country, blame the SPFL, SFA, Sky Sports and the OF.

In summary: no decent manager that would please you will pack up and move from another country to manage a non Old Firm team in Scotland. Why would they ?, they can get a poorly paid job in their own country or a better paid job in England.

I have a hunch they are negotiating terms with SN and someone else to form a management team. Just a hunch, no evidence.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

When Neilson was sacked, had we appointed a new manager who had the players busting a gut for him, pumped the only bottom 6 team we played, beat Aberdeen, taken a point at Ibrox and not lost to Hibs and St Mirren (away) playing with 10 men and in all games showing attacking intent throughout fans would be delighted with the new man. The board need to give Naismith the job and he can get on with it, so far I’ve seen no other name that anyone could confidently say would do a better job. 

At no point did the board seriously look beyond Naismith, I firmly believe that, so what’s happening now is simply delaying the inevitable.

The board are like the back 3 under Neilson, passing the ball amongst each other and getting nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The board are like the back 3 under Neilson, passing the ball amongst each other and getting nowhere. 

Let’s hope no one launches a high ball at them!!

2 hours ago, tightrope said:

Do we not have anyone ITK? Even someone to make something up? Come on Kick back community, make my Tuesday brighter.

Not itk but given what McKinlay has previously said then I’d expect him to have made his, supported by Savage, recommendations to the Board. Given that it’s been nearly two months since Neilson was sacked and we are now five days past the end of Naismith’s interim period and no announcement then it’s hard to believe that there’s consensus. Unless they are just holding fire until end of week when Naismith returns  from holiday and he can dive straight into the media interviews and get on with his new job. If so he should have a free diary next couple of weeks because he was supposed to be away with Scotland which he presumably won’t do if he is named as Hearts manager. 

KyleLafferty

Naismith is on holiday. The season has just finished. I have no doubt the announcement will be start or middle of next week. Pre season plans are already set in stone. This place is bonkers.

Could it potentially be Chris Wilder and Steven Naismith? - with Naisy as his assistant? Would certainly take that, Naismith to learn from working under an experienced manager then get the Job after 2/3 seasons. That would be a very good appointment imo.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not itk but given what McKinlay has previously said then I’d expect him to have made his, supported by Savage, recommendations to the Board. Given that it’s been nearly two months since Neilson was sacked and we are now five days past the end of Naismith’s interim period and no announcement then it’s hard to believe that there’s consensus. Unless they are just holding fire until end of week when Naismith returns  from holiday and he can dive straight into the media interviews and get on with his new job. If so he should have a free diary next couple of weeks because he was supposed to be away with Scotland which he presumably won’t do if he is named as Hearts manager. 

Could be the case Naismith wants to complete these 2 Scotland fixtures then take up the role. 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Could it potentially be Chris Wilder and Steven Naismith? - with Naisy as his assistant? Would certainly take that, Naismith to learn from working under an experienced manager then get the Job after 2/3 seasons. That would be a very good appointment imo.

That would depend on what style of play Wilder prefers. If he reverts back to Neilsonball then he ain’t getting on with Naismith.

46 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That’s not happening. 😁

If John Robertson can’t unite the Hearts support, there’s literally nobody living that can. 

David McCaig
11 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

That would depend on what style of play Wilder prefers. If he reverts back to Neilsonball then he ain’t getting on with Naismith.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-wilder-middlesbrough-style-tactics-22101075?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Let’s hope no one launches a high ball at them!!

Hahahahaha 👍🏽👏🏾

25 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

salary: poor

location: Edinburgh a decent city but it's hardly going to be a game changer in attracting managers.

European football: a couple of qualifying round isn't anything to be impressed by.

exposure: Zero, nobody in England cares, nevermind any other country, blame the SPFL, SFA, Sky Sports and the OF.

In summary: no decent manager that would please you will pack up and move from another country to manage a non Old Firm team in Scotland. Why would they ?, they can get a poorly paid job in their own country or a better paid job in England.

Might as well board up the windows and lock the gates then too. How will we ever attract any good calibre employees? 

The same could be said for any player as well, should be just stop signing them?

If you don't think there's good football managers out there working for less than we could pay, in lesser places and with no European football whatsoever I politely suggest you need to get out a bit more.

Darth Sidious
1 hour ago, counting sheep said:

Dwight York thrown his hat in the ring.

Walter Zenga is flying in for talks.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Walter Zenga is flying in for talks.

Nevio Scala as his assistant?

Darth Sidious
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nevio Scala as his assistant?

Is Ruud Gullit still working in the game?  May have found the exit from the Balmoral hotel at long last.

Can you imagine if Gullit or Rijkaard showed up.  Legends but managerial career seems to have died out.

jambopilms
23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If you don't think there's good football managers out there working for less than we could pay, in lesser places and with no European football whatsoever I politely suggest you need to get out a bit more.

I'm sure there are, but they won't have a proven record and you won't have heard of them, so you wouldn't be happy.