Suitable managers

Sertse

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Is Ruud Gullit still working in the game?  May have found the exit from the Balmoral hotel at long last.

Can you imagine if Gullit or Rijkaard showed up.  Legends but managerial career seems to have died out.

So many others you could mention, Martin O’Nell or Dick Advocatt looking for jobs too 😱

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

The way I’m  thinking, is that the new manager will be announced after the season ticket window shuts on the 3rd. I think the board are fearful of some negative backlash should they announce someone that we don’t like en masse. Just a hunch. 

Anyway for what it’s worth, I think and hope SN will be our next manager, and I don’t for one minute think he’s lying by a pool smashing coke off a whores arse and tanning jägers. He’ll never be off his phone sorting out players in and out for next season. And hopefully calling in some decent favours.

In my most humble opinion of course.

37 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I'm sure there are, but they won't have a proven record and you won't have heard of them, so you wouldn't be happy.

Why won't they have a proven track record? It might just be in a different league and country.

Unlike some, I'm not too fussed if I've never heard of the next manager...in fact based on recent failings from those I was familiar with, I'd probably rather I hadn't.

Googled one league - Hungary. I've never even heard of Kecskeméti Testedző Egyesület nevermind Istvan Szabo...but he's taken them it seems from promotion to Europa Conference league. They play in a 6000 capacity stadium and from what I can gather have nowhere near our finances or squad value.

Seems he must be pretty handy, fair enough he might be a hipster manager and is actually being touted for all the jobs...but I reckon a move here would appeal to him.

He's one guy, took me 2 minutes to find. There will be hundreds out there. I'm also not suggesting him btw as I've just plucked it out the sky.

Edited by Taffin

4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's Wednesday 

Not when you have drunk as much as I have. Or maybe it is, oops. Cheers Selkirk. Late for work again.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Theyve had since the beginning of April so having someone installed in the next week really isnt rushing it. 

Unless the preferred candidate is under contract 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Unless the preferred candidate is under contract 

How many managers in our scope would still have games to play? If we do want someone under contract the negotiations would surely be under way and would’ve leaked by now? If we are still waiting to start negotiations we shouldn’t be. 

11 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Could it potentially be Chris Wilder and Steven Naismith? - with Naisy as his assistant? Would certainly take that, Naismith to learn from working under an experienced manager then get the Job after 2/3 seasons. That would be a very good appointment imo.

Nah , it will definitely be Naismith. 

The only question is whether they are negotiating with an assistant of Naismiths choice or whether they are waiting till Naismiths comes back from holiday and going with the 2 assistant coaches that are already there, that's it really.

Don't know what some of the hyperbole on here us all about tbh.

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

How many managers in our scope would still have games to play? If we do want someone under contract the negotiations would surely be under way and would’ve leaked by now? If we are still waiting to start negotiations we shouldn’t be. 

Thankfully the leaks from within the club seem to have been stopped, so for all we know, negotiations could be near completion.

I could be wrong but it is very possible

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Thankfully the leaks from within the club seem to have been stopped, so for all we know, negotiations could be near completion.

Still sifting through all the emails and CV’s McKinlay said he had received the day of Neilsons sacking.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Thats true but we cant stop anyone at the other end from leaking any negotiations, we will find out soon enough i suppose. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Dick Campbell, done a solid apprenticeship in the lower leagues 978 games he’s ready for the top table. 

Anyone remember who was on the 4 shortlist ahead of Levein getting last time?

I recall Billy Davies and Owen Coyle as being 2.

Edited by DETTY29

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Dick Campbell, done a solid apprenticeship in the lower leagues 978 games he’s ready for the top table. 

Has he thrown his bunnet in the ring ?

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Wonder if that's enough games for Wee Lee to allow him to have his own opinion?

Dennis Reynolds

Folk going out thier way to put down Edinburgh, Scottish football and even Hearts to justify hiring Naismith now. That's where we are.

My ITK source who has an accuracy rate of probably less than half says it will 100% be Naismith. Although he said this a few days ago...

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Folk going out thier way to put down Edinburgh, Scottish football and even Hearts to justify hiring Naismith now. That's where we are.

My ITK source who has an accuracy rate of probably less than half says it will 100% be Naismith. Although he said this a few days ago...

Someone in the know can’t really ever get it wrong, if they do they clearly don’t actually know. 

First sentence is made up shite as well. 😊

Dennis Reynolds
13 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Someone in the know can’t really ever get it wrong, if they do they clearly don’t actually know. 

First sentence is made up shite as well. 😊

It was a bit of a joke but no surprise that went over your dour faced skull. 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It was a bit of a joke but no surprise that went over your dour faced skull. 

😂😂

I’m anything but dour faced. 😢

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Anyone remember who was on the 4 shortlist ahead of Levein getting last time?

I recall Billy Davies and Owen Coyle as being 2.

one was from crystal palace, cant remember his name

14 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

one was from crystal palace, cant remember his name

Dougie Freedman.

He may have been favourite even offered role but once CP found out, they promoted him, gave him a significant wage rise.

Edit - he returned to CP in August 2017 as Sporting Director so likely we were interested but gazumped, he favoured an EPL - Championship role at a club he had a great connection with.

Edited by DETTY29

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Dougie Freedman.

He may have been favourite even offered role but once CP found out, they promoted him, gave him a significant wage rise.

Edit - he returned to CP in August 2017 as Sporting Director so likely we were interested but gazumped, ge favoured by an EPL - Championship role at a club he had a great connection with.

cheers

6 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

We should be looking to speak to Nathan Jones if he's wanting back into management now.  

Nah he's been gone too long 

Edited by Bozi

PapaShango
25 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

We should be looking to speak to Nathan Jones if he's wanting back into management now.  

Is he not getting the Cardiff job? 

Naisys Tackle
15 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Is he not getting the Cardiff job? 

Maybe aye.   We could be more attractive than them though.

3 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Maybe aye.   We could be more attractive than them though.

Yeah if you are a Hearts fan...cmon get real min 🫣 dearie me...

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

In what way?

Cardiff have basket case owners who sack 2 managers a season.  They also just fought off relegation.  Jones just got sacked from trigger happy Southampton and seems to operate better when given time to build something.  He would get that here more than Cardiff. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Yeah if you are a Hearts fan...cmon get real min 🫣 dearie me...

Not necessarily, see above.

3 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Cardiff have basket case owners who sack 2 managers a season.  They also just fought off relegation.  Jones just got sacked from trigger happy Southampton and seems to operate better when given time to build something.  He would get that here more than Cardiff. 

👍

ScandinavianJambo

OMG Hammarby IF (Sweden's Hibs) is sitting 11th in the league (March start) and their manager Marti Cifuntes is connected to Hearts. No, please no (yes, I am a DIF ie Djurgården supporter...my childhood team,  who is a team who happens do also do THE twirly). 

Anyway, we are on sh** creeks if their castoffs come to Hearts. 

Again I say NO.

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

21 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Kris Doolan anybody? What a finish for Partick

Certainly looked a possibility for better things last week and spoke well when interviewed.

I just wonder if our job has come too soon for him bearing in mind that, in addition to the OF etc, he'd have to cope with Europe.

22 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just Sweden, Finland and Norway really.

I think the Baltic states are all summer leagues too actually.

The only realistic one from those leagues I’d want would be the Viborg manager, Jacob Friis. Punching well above their weight. 

9 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

OMG Hammarby IF (Sweden's Hibs) is sitting 11th in the league (March start) and their manager Marti Cifuntes is connected to Hearts. No, please no (yes, I am a DIF ie Djurgården supporter...my childhood team,  who is a team who happens do also do THE twirly). 

Again I say NO.

Can you give any info on how his teams play etc? And why you’d say no?

ScandinavianJambo
34 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

I say no because they are sitting 11th in the league. Go in and look at Googles scores at the Swedish Allsvenskan. The league is not bad, and it only recently started, but if you go back you can see the European games (further back) and they did not fair well. 

Also, they are Hammarby and they are green & white sh**e

Unknown user
1 hour ago, R9. said:

Speaking of Cardiff remember when Paul Hartley turned down speaking to them to remain at Dundee what was he thinking 😂

Was that really a thing or was it like Snoddy turning down a trial at Barca?

54 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

I say no because they are sitting 11th in the league. Go in and look at Googles scores at the Swedish Allsvenskan. The league is not bad, and it only recently started, but if you go back you can see the European games (further back) and they did not fair well. 

Also, they are Hammarby and they are green & white sh**e

So basically Cifuentes is going through the Robbie Nielson 3rd season dip in his 2nd season? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Just Sweden, Finland and Norway really.

I think the Baltic states are all summer leagues too actually.

The only realistic one from those leagues I’d want would be the Viborg manager, Jacob Friis. Punching well above their weight. 

I have to say I don’t know a hell of a lot  about those leagues but let’s hope if theres an outstanding option there we have identified them and been in touch with his club. We really have no time to waste. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Again I say NO.

Is there any other names you think we might be looking at?

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, jambo_No5 said:

They're clearly saying no as they are 11th in the league. 

Hardly rocket surgery.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Bozi said:

So basically Cifuentes is going through the Robbie Nielson 3rd season dip in his 2nd season? 

No, Bob dropped to 4th.

11th is a bit more than a dip, buy he may turn it round. 

He's got a fancy name tho, so I'm for it.

ScandinavianJambo
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is there any other names you think we might be looking at?

Sorry mate, it was in the Evening News so no inside knowledge I'm afraid.