Suitable managers

Sertse

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

And who would challenge her ?

The rest of the board.

She doesn't own the club anymore.

I know you need someone to blame for everything now that Neilson has gone so think you need to check your facts 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

6 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Stop being an entitled impatient brat.

Wow, how do you know I'm IMPOTENT  🤣🤣🤣

Bungalow Bill

Naisy is on holiday at the moment. I suspect he’ll be appointed on his return. Unless they’ve give him a scarf to take with him just incase…

GorgieFifeLife
5 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You could have stopped after 6 words. What's depressing is interlopers constantly bombarding threads with their spam.

Ah that old chestnut😆

FarmerTweedy
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Too many times Ann has dithered about and spoke to all the wrong people about naming a manager. Remember the interviews then a rubbish short list & her advisor, Levein, gets the job. Come on Ann.

It's not really Ann's decision. 

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yes she does.

Sorry, I didn't realise you attended the club board meetings

1 minute ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Naisy is on holiday at the moment. I suspect he’ll be appointed on his return. Unless they’ve give him a scarf to take with him just incase…

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Sorry, I didn't realise you attended the club board meetings

😎

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, livi said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that he’s away on holiday 

Even more reason. Not sure why people don’t get that announcements are designed to be done for maximum exposure, so they’re planned ahead of time. Be it a signing or manager announcement, the contracts could be agreed and signed days or weeks before an announcement for a multitude of reasons.

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Too many times Ann has dithered about and spoke to all the wrong people about naming a manager. Remember the interviews then a rubbish short list & her advisor, Levein, gets the job. Come on Ann.

Bore off.

I notice that Ann hasn’t yet responded to this plea.

Perhaps, at this very minute, she’s out with Steven for drinks and discussing the matter.

Everything crossed.  🤞

Rick Sanchez

He's on holiday with his family. He's due back before Saturday when he's supposed to turn up to the Scotland camp. We probably don't want to announce him like the Dundee clubs have recently announced theirs, hiding behind the website and edited pics.

Being appointed manager of HMFC is a big deal.

DalryJambo
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

If Naisy is the best option available, then he should be manager. 

If not, get the chequebook out and get us the best option available. 

It's no difficult ffs. 

But how do you know this in advance of making the appointment?  Naismith has shown he wouldn't be a complete disaster, but looking at someone who has the pedigree of say Stendal (before he joined us) and comparing that profile of manager vs Naismith its a tough call. 

This is not an easy decision for the club to make.

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

If he is a PHM he will take his own scarf anyway. If he hasn't, give the job to someone else 😄

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Probably mentioned but SN is on holiday. Nothing will get done until he gets home. 

DalryJambo

Is there any chance Naismith could become part of the backroom staff for the first team under a more experienced manager? Do a few more seasons as a number 2/coach and then step up to the main role? 

DalryJambo
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Probably mentioned but SN is on holiday. Nothing will get done until he gets home. 

Maybe the case with a completely new name as well. Could be either on holiday or still involved at club level for a few more days/week or so??

King Of The Cat Cafe
18 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If he is a PHM he will take his own scarf anyway. If he hasn't, give the job to someone else 😄

...and his own Hearts beach towel.

The Hogfather
33 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The Board has the final say daghhh. And Ann runs the board.

False. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

...and his own Hearts beach towel.

That and his Speedos of course.

kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yes she does.

No she doesn’t. Just fake news spread by a bunch of misogynistic arseholes.

sorry it’s the truth, 100% mistakes were made in the past, Ann has done a fantastic job off the pitch but on it she wasn’t great, she relied on levein and that was a mistake but it’s was recognised and she took measures to step away. 

she has no direct input on football matters. She’s doesn’t want an input on football matters, and she is now only a minority shareholder.

a chair chairs the meeting.  They don’t run anything 

Edited by kingantti1874

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

No she doesn’t. Just fake news spread by a bunch of misogynistic arseholes.

sorry it’s the truth, 100% mistakes were made in the past, Ann has done a fantastic job off the pitch but on it she wasn’t great, she relied on levein and that was a mistake but it’s was recognised and she took measures to step away. 

she has no direct input on football matters. She’s doesn’t want an input on football matters, and she is now only a minority shareholders.

Why misogynistic?   Are you not allowed to question or criticise females

38 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I'm pretty sure it's not unusual for managers of teams to make up the backroom staff at international level and if players can go away on duty then I don't see the big issue with Naismith doing the same unless it gets to the point where it interferes with the job. The experience of working at international level for him could be something he can use for Hearts. 

SN is 3rd man at best in the Scottish set-up behind Clarke and John Carver whose name has not featured in our betting odds.

PS  I'm not suggesting it should

but

he is a highly qualified coach with club management experience as well as his role at national level with Scotland.

PapaShango
12 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Naisy is hated by the vast majority of football people in Scotland.

That’ll do me.

I like how much he winds everyone up and has a bit about him. IMO it all comes from his desire to win and be as good as he can be. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

I like how much he winds everyone up and has a bit about him. IMO it all comes from his desire to win and be as good as he can be. 

If he can instill even a fraction of his mentality into our team, board, club, fans then next season is going to be epic. I can feel it in my bones 💯

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Why misogynistic?   Are you not allowed to question or criticise females

Of course when it’s fair, in this case I’m jappy to be corrected but If it’s not misogyny then what is it ?

It’s clear to me that Ann being an older lady doesn’t fit with the image some hearts fans seem to want.  She never has if we are honest.

And what we get is blatant lies, blatant false statements an absolute made up nonsense. 

****ing disgraceful to be honest.

Edited by kingantti1874

Nerja Jambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Happy to be corrected but If it’s not misogyny then what is it ?

It’s clear to me that Ann being an older lady doesn’t fit with the image some hearts fans seem to want.

And what we get is blatant lies, blatant false statements an absolute nonsense. 

If your talking nonsense, then I suggest you look no further than yourself. Ann being an old lady, doesn't fit in? What a load of utter crap. Are you suggesting that if Eva had made the same football related mistakes, we would be ok with that due to the fact she is young and attractive. 

3 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

If your talking nonsense, then I suggest you look no further than yourself. Ann being an old lady, doesn't fit in? What a load of utter crap. Are you suggesting that if Eva had made the same football related mistakes, we would be ok with that due to the fact she is young and attractive. 

Justified questioning is one thing, but If you've missed the unnecessary derogatory adjectives and off-hand dismissals (more often than not based on ridiculous stereotypes) towards Ann Budge then you've not been paying attention.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Any chance we could drop the 'just along the corridor' chat? That whole saga's been done to death.

Aye okay if you say so.

Nerja Jambo
21 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Justified questioning is one thing, but If you've missed the unnecessary derogatory adjectives and off-hand dismissals (more often than not based on ridiculous stereotypes) towards Ann Budge then you've not been paying attention.

Your right, I must have missed them and if that's the case these comments are out of order, but genuine criticism is not as you agree.

Nerja Jambo

No matter who your preference is, it is taking far to long to come to a decision. Someone mentioned that SN was on holiday, that being the case they must have known that, could have called him back for the press conference and then he goes back on holiday. That's not unusual. The time between the season ending and next season starting is not vast and planning has to be done, signings made etc. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Nerja Jambo said:

No matter who your preference is, it is taking far to long to come to a decision. Someone mentioned that SN was on holiday, that being the case they must have known that, could have called him back for the press conference and then he goes back on holiday. That's not unusual. The time between the season ending and next season starting is not vast and planning has to be done, signings made etc. 

If he's the man the board intend appointing I'm sure he'll know and will have already told the board his plans etc and conversations can still be has between Naismith and the board while he's on holiday 

3 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Budge still trying to convince the board CL is the best option

More like trying to convince them Naisy is the right option. 

7 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Season ended like 4 days ago. Calm yourself. If we're still here in a week or two's time then you're more than right. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Do we not have anyone ITK? Even someone to make something up? Come on Kick back community, make my Tuesday brighter.

john thomas
13 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Your right, I must have missed them and if that's the case these comments are out of order, but genuine criticism is not as you agree.

You have made lots of comments on the subject .  Now you are saying you didn't know what you were talking about ?

To be fair you're not alone on here

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Do we not have anyone ITK? Even someone to make something up? Come on Kick back community, make my Tuesday brighter.

It's Wednesday 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, tightrope said:

:silviodamn:

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It's a lot easier now than in the last 20 years. We can find fringe players at Vissel Kobe but we cannae find a manager? Behave.

There's bound to be plenty of good options out there. We're a great prospect to manage. 

That's were I am with it. There's literally thousands of options out there. People boiling it down to extremes have their minds made up and are trying to justify it imo.

It's not Naismith or a Robinson.

It's not Naismith or a past guy from England.

It's not the case that any decent European manager will be out of our price range.

There's a whole world out there and I hope we're exploring it.

Edit: by exploring, I largely mean explored. An appointment needs to be made sharpish, even if the manager isn't joining up until later.

Edited by Taffin

Bongo 1874
8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Put the bottle down Bongo. Alex Mowatt is valued at £4M, has a year left on his WBA deal, was influential when given a chance in Boro's last few games, and is probably earning about £25k pw. 

Mowatt is nowhere near earning 25k a week mate 😁.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Of course when it’s fair, in this case I’m jappy to be corrected but If it’s not misogyny then what is it ?

It’s clear to me that Ann being an older lady doesn’t fit with the image some hearts fans seem to want.  She never has if we are honest.

And what we get is blatant lies, blatant false statements an absolute made up nonsense. 

Well said 👏👏👏

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Takes time to get it right. 

7 weeks is time. There’s no immediate hurry but it needs done this week if it’s not Naismith. Guy needs to sus a lot of things out and before the transfer window. 

29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Correct.

weegie jambo
31 minutes ago, tightrope said:

I was hoping I'd see Naisy down at our local Aldi but it seems he's on holiday. I'll still keep my eyes peeled in case it's a red herring!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, DalryJambo said:

Is there any chance Naismith could become part of the backroom staff for the first team under a more experienced manager? Do a few more seasons as a number 2/coach and then step up to the main role? 

It seems unlikely, he said he sees no benefit from going back to being the B team coach. That indicates he wants to be a manager now, but depending in who the new man is he may well be willing to continue his apprenticeship so to speak under him.
I think even if we don’t get him this time he may well go elsewhere, get his badges and return at some point in the future once he's proved himself..

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Roy Hodgson with Naismith to train him up as assistant 😜

28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That's were I am with it. There's literally thousands of options out there. People boiling it down to extremes have their minds made up and are trying to justify it imo.

It's not Naismith or a Robinson.

It's not Naismith or a past guy from England.

It's not the case that any decent European manager will be out of our price range.

There's a whole world out there and I hope we're exploring it.

Edit: by exploring, I largely mean explored. An appointment needs to be made sharpish, even if the manager isn't joining up until later.

100% but McKinley said that he and Savage had discussed the potential for Neilson leaving/sacked and apparently we are always looking. If true, we should have been ahead of the game.