Suitable managers

Sertse

ScandinavianJambo
9 hours ago, Bozi said:

So basically Cifuentes is going through the Robbie Nielson 3rd season dip in his 2nd season? 

Seems like it lol 😆

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

Rick Sanchez

I was on Marti Cifuentes' Twitter the other day and he was followed by Eva Olid.

Now Mark Donaldson and Barry Anderson.

Probably nothing but...

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Posted 10 hours ago but I can't translate it.

Hearts want to bring in Hammarby's Marti Cifuentes as now head coach, according to reports in Scotland.

merseyjambo
16 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

We should be looking to speak to Nathan Jones if he's wanting back into management now.  

Rumoured to be going to Cardiff. Apparently he’s an ex player of theirs

41 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Hearts want to bring in Hammarby's Marti Cifuentes as now head coach, according to reports in Scotland.

Would rather stick with Naismith, whats his record again? One 3rd place finish with Hammarby?

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would rather stick with Naismith, whats his record again? One 3rd place finish with Hammarby?

No idea, don’t know anything about him. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Sorry mate, it was in the Evening News so no inside knowledge I'm afraid. 

No probs 👍🏽

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No probs 👍🏽

I can see one,  he's went  from broken English type posting to bona  fide  Scots posting in 3 posts 😂

33 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Daily Record now reporting that Cifuentes was interviewed on Tuesday, Naismith still favorite but club want to explore alternatives.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/marti-cifuentes-holds-hearts-next-30136869

Sorry, unless the board know something I don't (which of course is definitely the case) I don't see the attraction with this chap. I don't see him as being any less of a risk than Naismith with the track record he has. 

21 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Sorry, unless the board know something I don't (which of course is definitely the case) I don't see the attraction with this chap. I don't see him as being any less of a risk than Naismith with the track record he has. 

This guy has absolutely nothing on his CV which suggests he’d be a good appointment and he’s got several red flags which scream ‘don’t touch him’ to me. No problem having a look around of course, but not this guy Hearts 

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

This guy has absolutely nothing on his CV which suggests he’d be a good appointment and he’s got several red flags which scream ‘don’t touch him’ to me. No problem having a look around of course, but not this guy Hearts 

What are the red flags ? Don’t know anything about him.  

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC

Think it's easy to immediately say no because we have been burned before by guys that have no experience of scottish football but this guy is very well regarded by many of the more 'analytical' minds and people think he could be the next big thing. This season has been disappointing, but in the first season with Hammarby when they finished third they only lost the cup final on penalties against Malmo. 

Looks like he plays pretty decent football, although the use of the goalkeeper as an extra player with the ball at his feet is giving me really bad Poppadom wrist flashbacks.

Think this could be the way to go with Naisy as his assistant, if he will take it that is.

9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

What are the red flags ? Don’t know anything about him.  

The big 3 for me

1. No apparent knowledge or experience of Scottish football

2. Managing in a poor backwater league and despite being decent last season, his team have collapsed this season

3. He is contracted and we’ll have to pay compensation for a complete unknown shot in the dark 

6 minutes ago, Kyle Lafferty HoMSC said:

Think it's easy to immediately say no because we have been burned before by guys that have no experience of scottish football but this guy is very well regarded by many of the more 'analytical' minds and people think he could be the next big thing. This season has been disappointing, but in the first season with Hammarby when they finished third they only lost the cup final on penalties against Malmo. 

Looks like he plays pretty decent football, although the use of the goalkeeper as an extra player with the ball at his feet is giving me really bad Poppadom wrist flashbacks.

Think this could be the way to go with Naisy as his assistant, if he will take it that is.

Ahem ……. That rings a bell somewhere …… let me think 🤔 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

The big 3 for me

2. Managing in a poor backwater league and despite being decent last season, his team have collapsed this season

3. He is contracted and we’ll have to pay compensation for a complete unknown shot in the dark 

Fair enough not entirely sure No.1 will make much of an impact. If we’ve interviewed him the compensation doesn’t look like an issue. 

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The big 3 for me

1.I see that as a positive.

2.It’s the SPL ffs,hardly a drop in quality.

3.We aren’t skint.

Kyle Lafferty HoMSC

If he has been allowed to come for an interview then the compensation will surely already have been agreed and as mentioned before we aren't scraping around the bargain basement just yet.

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The big 3 for me

A bit unfair.  We get upset when the English describe the SPL as a pub league but their clubs have taken many Scottish based lads to successfully manage their team.

SAF once managed East Stirling and St Mirren before Man U took him from the Sheep.

Under the floodlight
24 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Agree, he's managed 3 teams based in suburbs of Barcelona Sant Andreu being the largest, third tier regional spanish football. He doesnt seem to stay long anywhere he manages either. I would have thought he would have used his Catalan connections to bring in players at his current club but this doesnt seem the case. I would hope this is a non starter.

Agentjambo
5 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Agree, he's managed 3 teams based in suburbs of Barcelona Sant Andreu being the largest, third tier regional spanish football. He doesnt seem to stay long anywhere he manages either. I would have thought he would have used his Catalan connections to bring in players at his current club but this doesnt seem the case. I would hope this is a non starter.

What has Naismith got on his managerial CV?

Had a quick read of some badly translated posts on the Hammarby version of KB and it's giving me flashbacks to this place bickering over whether Robbie should stay or go. 

Majority probably seem to be happy for him to go. One post describes him as a "mediocre coach as well as a lousy match coach and team builder".

Few others seem to be saying that he's had little to do with recruitment and their issues have been that the wrong types of players have been signed by their DoF to play his system. 

They've definitely got spys in here though, having a laugh at folk saying he plays "exciting" football wondering how many pints they've had 😂

Under the floodlight
Just now, Agentjambo said:

What make's you think he's better than Naismith? 

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

What make's you think he's better than Naismith? 

Experience and win percentages.

PapaShango

Just because we have spoken to him doesn't mean he's getting the job. The Hearts job is huge in Scottish terms, would be totally negligent if the board didn't explore their options when recruiting a new manager. I like Naismith, however there are potentially hundreds of managers out there that would come to Hearts, we need to get the best possible one we can. 

Ferryjambo99

Well I'm happy that 

1) we are still having a thorough recruitment process, if naismith gets the job it will certainly be on merit.

2)Its good we aren't doing an Aberdeen and just appointing the caretaker without a process. 

3) the press have no firm idea about who will be appointed. Does make me wonder who else has been interviewed that we don't know about

Given the lack of announcement it feels to me that the board is split on a Naismith appointment and that's understandable......Don't know about other candidates credentials and it's fair to say that everyone, Naismith included is a gamble.
What we need to see at Hearts is a departure from the theory that our next manager was always just along the corridor!
I'd be happy to see this Marti guy get the gig, New idea's, a fresh broom. A different approach to the game. Someone with no previous connection.

23 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Experience and win percentages.

This thread is taking a strange ‘anyone but Naismith’ turn for some reason. pluck some random out the air who’s done feck all and make a case for him above Naismith

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

This thread is taking a strange ‘anyone but Naismith’ turn for some reason. pluck some random out the air who’s done feck all and make a case for him above Naismith

What’s Naismith done?

PapaShango
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I'm not so sure it is, loads of people happy to take a punt on Naismith, however it's only right that we explore alternatives. Doesn't mean he isn't going to get the job, but if we just gave it to him without looking at other options, the board would be absolutely hammered for it if it then goes wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What’s Naismith done?

Been at Hearts and around Scottish football most of his life. Managed Hearts and improved them in small ways in a very short space of time. What’s your unknown random chummy boy done ?

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Been at Hearts and around Scottish football most of his life. Managed Hearts and improved them in small ways in a very short space of time. What’s your unknown random chummy boy done ?

🙏🏻

3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I'm not so sure it is, loads of people happy to take a punt on Naismith, however it's only right that we explore alternatives. Doesn't mean he isn't going to get the job, but if we just gave it to him without looking at other options, the board would be absolutely hammered for it if it then goes wrong. 

All for exploring alternatives but let’s look at realistic decent guys with some sort of  a hint of suitability. This guy is a no mark IMHO

Just now, Agentjambo said:

🙏🏻

Why not answer his question. He answered yours. His record to me looks fairly average. 

34 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Well I'm happy that 

1) we are still having a thorough recruitment process, if naismith gets the job it will certainly be on merit.

2)Its good we aren't doing an Aberdeen and just appointing the caretaker without a process. 

3) the press have no firm idea about who will be appointed. Does make me wonder who else has been interviewed that we don't know about

Or they're interviewing a few folk to make it look as though whoever gets the job has come through a process.

12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What’s Naismith done?

I'm starting to get an inkling that you don't like Naismith.

The Treasurer
49 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Knows the club and expectations 

Japan Jambo
On 29/05/2023 at 23:26, Aussie Jambo said:

My mate wants Big Dunc? 

Now he’d be another man that could do the job. Currently EFL and Forest Green Rovers whoever the feck they are. 🤷‍♂️

Forest Green Rovers are bankrolled by Dale Vince who runs anywhere between green energy visionary to eco terrorist depending on your perspective. His main gig is Ecotricity but more controversially he is also a major backer of just stop oil, he's also been in the news recently having made significant donations to the labour party. Don't know if it's still true but the team used to have to follow a vegetarian diet and the half time pies are all meat free. They had plans to build a wooden stadium a while back, not sure if that happened either. It's quite an interesting story if you are minded to go down the rabbit hole.

18 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What’s Naismith done?

Has implemented a progressive, attractive playing system in a very short time period. Speaks like a no nonsense winner.

And Cifuentes?

Agentjambo
Just now, HoGwash said:

Has implemented a progressive, attractive playing system in a very short time period. Speaks like a no nonsense winner.

And Cifuentes?

Go do some research on him,educate yourself.

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why not answer his question. He answered yours. His record to me looks fairly average. 

He can’t. He’s lost the debate about 10 posts so has withdrawn to the first step in the clown troll handbook.

Deflect using emoji’s 👌🏻🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️👀😂

Edited by kingantti1874

I don't get a good gut feeling about Cifuentes and I don't really know why. I don't know much about him but 11th in the Swedish league doesn't inspire me. I have seen the difference that Naismith has made and the big thing for me is that I've actually looked forward to going to games again. Naismith has us playing the type of football I enjoy and it looks like the players have bought into his methods. I'd love to see what he could do with his own players and a pre season.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

And Cifuentes?

Naisy played at a high level, played under some great managers .trained at a high level, is involved with Scotland again learning from a top manager and is very highly regarded.

marti cifuentes

Youth career
  Sant Cugat
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
  Mirasol    
2009–2010 Sant Quirze    
Managerial career
2013–2014 Rubí
2014 Sant Andreu
2015–2016 Hospitalet
2018–2020 Sandefjord
2021–2022 AaB
2022– Hammarby IF

Edited by kingantti1874

PapaShango
31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

All for exploring alternatives but let’s look at realistic decent guys with some sort of  a hint of suitability. This guy is a no mark IMHO

I wouldn't say he is a no mark if you actually went and done some research on him. I'm not advocating for him to get the job but this is just the usual if you haven't heard of him lets dismiss him as being hopeless. 

13 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I wouldn't say he is a no mark if you actually went and done some research on him. I'm not advocating for him to get the job but this is just the usual if you haven't heard of him lets dismiss him as being hopeless. 

I had a quick search on him and there’s not much that immediately stands out to me. I’m more than happy to learn though. What is good about him, I did read he likes an attacking style, so that’s a good start. 

johnking123
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Naisy played at a high level, played under some great managers .trained at a high level, is involved with Scotland again learning from a top manager and is very highly regarded.

marti cifuentes

Youth career
  Sant Cugat
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
  Mirasol    
2009–2010 Sant Quirze    
Managerial career
2013–2014 Rubí
2014 Sant Andreu
2015–2016 Hospitalet
2018–2020 Sandefjord
2021–2022 AaB
2022– Hammarby IF

I give you Frank lampard. Played under some great managers and played at the very,very top!

8 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

I give you Frank lampard. Played under some great managers and played at the very,very top!

Yeah the "played under great managers" can be a bit of a misnomer.  One of those that can matter not a jot, or can matter a lot.  Or a bit!!!  It's no yard stick, that's for certain.

If a player is of a mind to learn from all around, and has the ability to put it in to practice, then it can matter.  Few do.  Look at all the players who played under Fergie who went in to management.  Any really, really end up being top managers?  A few decent careers like Bruce or whatever I guess.