Suitable managers

Sertse

Nerja Jambo
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Without Mrs Budge the fans wouldn't have had the chance to help. 

And without the commitment of just over 3500 fans to pay DD's to pay her back, Ann would not have put up the money. Just putting it into context and is not meant as a criticism of anyone, but that is the reallity. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

Hearts fans are the most entertaining around. 
Some refused to give John Robertson a chance beyond 5 months. If they would only give Robbo one transfer window and 30 or so games, which included wins away at a top European side (Basel), Celtic and Aberdeen they’re NEVER going to give anyone else time. Bear in mind this was all

in the middle of a bonkers takeover. 
To the ones who want a manager who has never had anything to do with Hearts, then who? There will be over FIFTY managers in England earning more than we can afford and the rest can’t get a gig higher than halfway up League One. What has any manager with no Hearts connection (other than Paulo Sergio and Valdas) ever done? Sergio’s football was actually awful to watch, until he started selecting Skacel. Others include Joe Jordan, Tommy McLean, Graham Rix Csaba Laszlo, several Russians such as Malofeev and Daniel Stendel. 
I could go on and on but Steven Naismith is well worth a gamble and we’ll be in a strong negotiating position with it being his first managerial contract. 

john thomas
57 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

That's your implication. You're saying some posters have a problem with her. Those posters are criticising her whatever reason they see fit. So you agree then that she is not above criticism.

I implied no such thing .

Try reading before responding 

I’d like to see us appoint someone with a track record of success and experience at European level. That’s a tall order in our price range though. We’d be looking for someone from one of the smaller European leagues. The list would be short and the managers likely to be in demand.

Failing that, second choice would be an experienced manager, likely from England, who isn’t in thrall to the OF. The issue here is that anyone who has seen success recently will cost more than we can afford, so we’d be looking for someone who has achieved success, but at an earlier point in their career.

If we can’t find anyone willing to come to us from the first two groups, then it’s Naismith or someone we could realistically get, like Stephen Robinson. If it comes down to that then I’d prefer Naismith. I doubt that anyone we could afford within Scottish football would be much of an improvement.

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I’d like to see us appoint someone with a track record of success and experience at European level. That’s a tall order in our price range though. We’d be looking for someone from one of the smaller European leagues. The list would be short and the managers likely to be in demand.

Failing that, second choice would be an experienced manager, likely from England, who isn’t in thrall to the OF. The issue here is that anyone who has seen success recently will cost more than we can afford, so we’d be looking for someone who has achieved success, but at an earlier point in their career.

If we can’t find anyone willing to come to us from the first two groups, then it’s Naismith or someone we could realistically get, like Stephen Robinson. If it comes down to that then I’d prefer Naismith. I doubt that anyone we could afford within Scottish football would be much of an improvement.

Any even moderately successful European manager, even from a smaller league, will be getting better offers than anything we could afford. Same goes for any decent manger from England.

Apart from Beale and Ange, we could easily afford any other manager in Scotland, but there is not one, either current or recent, that I would want anywhere near our club.

As for being "in thrall" to the OF, Naismith is hated by both sides and, being the niggly wee shite that he is, would like nothing better that to get one over either or both of them.

Nerja Jambo
24 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I implied no such thing .

Try reading before responding 

Quite obvious some posters on here have a problem with women. Your words not mine. My response to you is explained and based on your statement. Maybe you should try and understand what you post. Anyway, bye, bye have a nice day.

David McCaig
30 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Good post.

59 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Which is completely the wrong metric to use.

And is also a totally moronic thing to say. 

john thomas
18 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Quite obvious some posters on here have a problem with women. Your words not mine. My response to you is explained and based on your statement. Maybe you should try and understand what you post. Anyway, bye, bye have a nice day.

I fully understand what I and others post . It is quite obvious some posters on here have a problem with women .

Does that mean Ann Budge is above criticism ?

Obviously not

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The thing is, it is.

Very difficult,  The last 20 years proves this.

It's a lot easier now than in the last 20 years. We can find fringe players at Vissel Kobe but we cannae find a manager? Behave.

There's bound to be plenty of good options out there. We're a great prospect to manage. 

49 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

This for me. 👏

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The thing is, it is.

Very difficult,  The last 20 years proves this.

One syllable short of a proper haiku

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

If Naisy is the best option available, then he should be manager. 

If not, get the chequebook out and get us the best option available. 

It's no difficult ffs. 

Exactly.  The time lag is now beginning to suggest a split jury at Board level.  Or maybe negotiating his release from the Scotland set-up. 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Which is completely the wrong metric to use.

And clearly not true.  Cathro, McPhee, Stendel, Rix et al prove my point 

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

👏👏logical thought process to fill a vacancy. 

10 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Would hope they would have made some sort of announcement by now. 

Budge still trying to convince the board CL is the best option

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly.  The time lag is now beginning to suggest a split jury at Board level.  Or maybe negotiating his release from the Scotland set-up. 

Or the planned manager is still under contract. 

Nerja Jambo
27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

As another poster said, he believed there was a split within the board as to sacking RN. That being the case hopefully there is another split which is a good thing. The final decision has to come down to the CEO and JS, not those who have failed over and over again. It's not as if they haven't had enough time to narrow the candidates down to 2 or 3. They have had about 8 weeks now. I suppose no news is good news and they are actually going to show some ambition. 

Nerja Jambo
21 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Well "just along the corridor" would apply to Naismith.

51 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Yeah, as important as it is they get this right. We all know what direction they're going on - Naisy, so lets not drag this out and into a saga. Get him in, he'll be eager to start working immediately and getting the squad into a better shape in terms of personnel. 

If John Kennedy was being considered then wouldn’t be available until after Saturday. Rumours ange moving to spurs so he might fancy his chances to take over there

Horatio Caine

Any chance we could drop the 'just along the corridor' chat? That whole saga's been done to death.

GorgieFifeLife

If Naismith announcement was imminent they would want him in the country for the unveiling.  Suspect board are discussing previous interviewees and Naismith but are not there yet with their decision.  It could be a couple of weeks before an announcement. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

Or the planned manager is still under contract. 

Pep still has a couple of cup finals to get out of the way

GorgieFifeLife
6 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I honestly don't see why, he's not a yes man puppet like Snoreson was, he doesn't suffer fools gladly, he's very much his own person, he's gaining international experience working with Steve Clark and the entire Scotland team, and he plays an attacking brand of football that's easy on the eye, it would have taken Snoreson most of a season to get the same number of efforts on goal that a Naisy team has had. 

Don't get me wrong, it has the potential to backfire, but so does any appointment, I think he's a refreshing choice for the managers role, and what would be thoroughly depressing would be if we had the likes of Robinson, McInnes, Goodwin types along for interviews, the usual pish that's on the go in the Scottish leagues, Naisy is a winner, with a winners mentality, and I have a very strong feeling he will prove this over the course of the next season. I reckon a one year rolling contract would suit both parties as it gives him a crack at the big time, and if it doesn't work out then both sides can cut ties, I have a good feeling it'll work out fine though. 

I would like to see us be a bit more ambitious but he would certainly be better than the usual suspects.  

Too many times Ann has dithered about and spoke to all the wrong people about naming a manager. Remember the interviews then a rubbish short list & her advisor, Levein, gets the job. Come on Ann.

Edited by mitch41

jamboinglasgow

Naismith is not back from his holidays till next week. I imagine there is no rush to announce until he is back as it's not changing anything

Just now, mitch41 said:

Too many times Ann has withered about and spoke to all the wrong people about naming a manager. Remember the interviews then a rubbish short list & her advisor, Levein, gets the job. Come on Ann.

Stop being an entitled impatient brat.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I hadn't thought about that possiblity.

If it is Naismith, I would doubt the club would want our head coach to be pissing off with the national team at every international break

Howdy Doody Jambo

Exactly get it done asap and let's get preparing for the new season ahead pronto,bosh

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Too many times Ann has dithered about and spoke to all the wrong people about naming a manager. Remember the interviews then a rubbish short list & her advisor, Levein, gets the job. Come on Ann.

Why would Ann Budge be in charge of the appointment when we pay Andrew McKinlay a handsome salary to run the club on a day-to-day basis?

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Why? Naismith on holiday - hardly going to announce him topless on a sun lounger are they. 

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Boring.

The Treasurer

You do realise that it is not just her decision to make

Shooter McGavin

If only there was threads that have already been started, with discussions well under way, that you could have given your opinion in…

Just now, The Hogfather said:

Why would Ann Budge be in charge of the appointment when we pay Andrew McKinlay a handsome salary to run the club on a day-to-day basis?

The Board has the final say daghhh. And Ann runs the board.

GorgieFifeLife
5 hours ago, kila said:

Utterly depressing 🤣

If this is the height of our ambitions yes.  

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

You do realise that it is not just her decision to make

And who would challenge her ?

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Unknown.jpeg.ebf1b1d7f18657941341457552f1c65d.jpeg

Yeah, what has Ann every done for us?

BackOfTheNet

Delay in the announcement probably more to do with when to have Naismith in doing press etc. He probably wants to wait until after Scotland duty for example, who knows?

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Some fans have the weirdest obsession against Budge. Every one of you a weirdo.

Ann is our Queen of Hearts never forget that.

Give Naisy the job.

Edited by mitch41

GorgieFifeLife
5 hours ago, Dazo said:

No way you’re a hearts fan or have been watching them recently. I get sone people might not want him and might think there is better out there but utterly depressing ? **** off. 😂😂😂😂

🙄

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why? Naismith on holiday - hardly going to announce him topless on a sun lounger are they. 

Boring.

And worrying!!

PapaShango
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I hadn't thought about that possiblity.

If it is Naismith, I would doubt the club would want our head coach to be pissing off with the national team at every international break

I'm pretty sure it's not unusual for managers of teams to make up the backroom staff at international level and if players can go away on duty then I don't see the big issue with Naismith doing the same unless it gets to the point where it interferes with the job. The experience of working at international level for him could be something he can use for Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Delay in the announcement probably more to do with when to have Naismith in doing press etc. He probably wants to wait until after Scotland duty for example, who knows?

I’m sure I read somewhere that he’s away on holiday