**** Heart Of Midlothian V St Mirren OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ****

Masonic

Harry Potter

My home predictions have been pretty spot on, 2-0 Hearts, my away results have been terrible, maybe over optimistic 🤥, anyway lets start from the 1st minute and no faffing over the back line.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• Pasquale for King

• Clark Griswold

• Naisys Tackle

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

I don’t know the stats but I’d suspect our win ratio with Halliday in the team is higher than without this season. He gives us mobility and energy and can get in the box and finish. 

He shouldn’t be anywhere near the 1st team unless there are injuries. I have to question your version of mobility, but after seeing your earlier post about Humphreys holding the ball up and Shankland running in behind the answer may not make much sense. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, feej said:

That midfield is so unbalanced and slow so I would hope it isn't that. 

How many times do we say that though?

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Yes and i agree with you. My point i guess, is that when you cant rely on people to put a shift in then those paid to sort it are judged on wether they can or not. Players are not blameless.

Maybe it will get sorted tomm and we can move on.

Hope so

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

How many times do we say that though?

Too many times, it's the way he seems to want to go, what do we know, he's the boss. 

Looking forward to seeing what team he sends out tomorrow, will he go defensive or will he go on the offence as we're at home?

1 minute ago, feej said:

Too many times, it's the way he seems to want to go, what do we know, he's the boss. 

Looking forward to seeing what team he sends out tomorrow, will he go defensive or will he go on the offence as we're at home?

Going defensive at home is not some thing we generally do 

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

I don’t know the stats but I’d suspect our win ratio with Halliday in the team is higher than without this season. He gives us mobility and energy and can get in the box and finish. 

So just checked and we’ve won 14 games with him, lost 14 and drawn 3 when he was in the team. He started 23 and came on 8 times. The other games are around the same, average really. 
He rarely plays on astro strangely enough 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, feej said:

I’m going to say defensive as that’s his way, another defeat would see the pressure mount so will want a draw at least to go to his bogey ground next week. 

Pete Elliott
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He shouldn’t be anywhere near the 1st team unless there are injuries. I have to question your version of mobility, but after seeing your earlier post about Humphreys holding the ball up and Shankland running in behind the answer may not make much sense. 

Halliday’s been one of our most consistent performers this season and he gets box to box. 

Not sure what you find so confusing about Humphrys and Shankland. We caused Rangers all sorts of problems playing that way then never really tried it again.

Pete Elliott

I’m going to say defensive as that’s his way, another defeat would see the pressure mount so will want a draw at least to go to his bogey ground next week. 

Bogey ground? When’s the last time he lost there?

Pete Elliott

So just checked and we’ve won 14 games with him, lost 14 and drawn 3 when he was in the team. He started 23 and came on 8 times. The other games are around the same, average really. 
He rarely plays on astro strangely enough 

Cheers, interesting 👍🏻

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Halliday’s been one of our most consistent performers this season and he gets box to box. 

Not sure what you find so confusing about Humphrys and Shankland. We caused Rangers all sorts of problems playing that way then never really tried it again.

Halliday is consistently average, as for box to box that what take about a week/

What Rangers game are you thinking of? Shankland doesn’t have the pace to run the channels and Humphreys hasnt shown much with his back to goal. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Bogey ground? When’s the last time he lost there?

2020, 3 times since wow 👍🏽👏🏾.
He's won once there in over 20 attempts in his whole career, how would you measure a bogey ground? 

highlandjambo3
15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Team won’t be far from this. 

25E90F0A-3D8F-44B7-95A3-A7908E5A5CEF.jpeg

Is anyone else seeing Craig Levine at the M Smith spot or are my peepers shot to bits 🤓

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Is anyone else seeing Craig Levine at the M Smith spot or are my peepers shot to bits 🤓

Yeah they’re not great with the photos 😆

54 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

You’ll wake up in a minute and it’ll all have been a horrible nightmare. Either that or all your friends and family will start to take on a Levein like appearance and then it’s nightmare on elm street territory. 

Pete Elliott
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Halliday is consistently average, as for box to box that what take about a week/

What Rangers game are you thinking of? Shankland doesn’t have the pace to run the channels and Humphreys hasnt shown much with his back to goal. 

4-0 game at Tynie. He bullied Barasic.

You don’t need pace to run the channels, it’s about timing and skill. Best proponent of it I’ve ever seen in a Hearts jersey was Stephane Adam.

Pete Elliott

He's won once there in over 20 attempts in his whole career, how would you measure a bogey ground? 

I’d measure a bogey ground as one where you always lose. We’ve not lost there in ages. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

I’d measure a bogey ground as one where you always lose. We’ve not lost there in ages. 

Yes, in recent history, not ancient history, no arguing with stupidity though 

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

4-0 game at Tynie. He bullied Barasic.

You don’t need pace to run the channels, it’s about timing and skill. Best proponent of it I’ve ever seen in a Hearts jersey was Stephane Adam.

On the right wing, thought you meant through the middle. Adam was still quicker than Shankland, Foster was pretty good at it. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

So If its somewhere you always lose, then if you’ve only won once thats a bogey ground. We didn’t always lose at Perth but that was a bogey ground until recently. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Childish insults as usual, just pop me on ignore as I have with you, cant recommend that highly enough 👍🏽👋🏿

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Pete Elliott said:

Nah it’s not as simple as that. We generally play teams twice a season at their ground so if we win once in three year at Ross county (just a random example and not saying that’s the case) then it’s still a bogey ground for me, given how far ahead of them a club with our resources should be. It would be different if you were comparing Livi going go Dingwall.  

Pete Elliott
55 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

:spoton:

Pete Elliott
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nah it’s not as simple as that. We generally play teams twice a season at their ground so if we win once in three year at Ross county (just a random example and not saying that’s the case) then it’s still a bogey ground for me, given how far ahead of them a club with our resources should be. It would be different if you were comparing Livi going go Dingwall.  

Genuinely don’t think anybody could think of Easter Road as a bogey ground for us generally. It might have been at one point for Neilson but he’s well and truly buried it imo with our recent performances there.

4 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Genuinely don’t think anybody could think of Easter Road as a bogey ground for us generally. It might have been at one point for Neilson but he’s well and truly buried it imo with our recent performances there.

I agree. Only your point of ‘always lose’ I disagree with. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not lost there since 2020 and it’s a bogey ground ? How does that work 

Pete Elliott
26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree. Only your point of ‘always lose’ I disagree with. 

Your definition was a better one and until this season McDiarmid was definitely a good example 👍🏻

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not lost there since 2020 and it’s a bogey ground ? How does that work 

I think we’ve covered that, hes only been three times there since then, winning once in your whole career somewhere still makes it a bogey ground for him over that time. 
But as that argument can wait we should maybe look at tomorrows game now. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think we’ve covered that, hes only been three times there since then, winning once in your whole career somewhere still makes it a bogey ground for him over that time. 

Where you can’t lose. You’ve predicted a win and then it’s on to next week at his ‘bogey’ ground.

Don’t win tomorrow however and watch you go.

Pete Elliott
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was a bogey ground for him. It’s not any more given recent performances there. He’s broken the hoodoo and well and truly has Hibs in his pocket. Don’t think he’s lost to them since he returned?

1 minute ago, Kylejordan said:

Not match related but Are you able to go to the 1874 bar without booking before the game tomorrow?

Normally fine. Only been in a couple of times and it’s best to get their early. 

12 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Not match related but Are you able to go to the 1874 bar without booking before the game tomorrow?

Always been free but you have to show your ticket 

My only wish tomorrow is that humphrys starts and snoddy is dropped.  The rest of the team i am not to fussed about but snoddy is an issue at the moment.  If he can't see how humphrys gives us a bit extra i honestly give up

12 minutes ago, sac said:

Not seen any video clips of the first team training sessions during the week for quite some time now. Have we stopped training?

Stopped playing that’s for sure 

21 minutes ago, savage said:

My only wish tomorrow is that humphrys starts and snoddy is dropped.  The rest of the team i am not to fussed about but snoddy is an issue at the moment.  If he can't see how humphrys gives us a bit extra i honestly give up

Most people can see the problem is snodgrass but you can be sure he will be the first name on the team sheet  

No way will Neilson drop him unfortunately  

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, sac said:

Not seen any video clips of the first team training sessions during the week for quite some time now. Have we stopped training?

Saw a still of Boyce and Beni with Bob the fitness coach the other day. 

Pasquale for King

Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully a good win that helps calm the tensions surrounding the club, then onto ER. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, sac said:

Aye, we don't train anymore.

Nail on head.

Bacon rolls mon- fri,then we rock up on Saturday.

I don’t give a flying **** how we win tomorrow as long as we do , and I don’t give a rat ar*e if we deserved it or not **** everything as long as we win.

HHGG.

I’ve been watching loads of highlights from 2005/06 season today.

I’m now expecting us to come out and blast three past St Mirren in the first thirty minutes.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, basscom said:

I’ve been watching loads of highlights from 2005/06 season today.

I’m now expecting us to come out and blast three past St Mirren in the first thirty minutes.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Showed what a quick start can do, maybe he should show them the clips. Strange having been part of that he doesn’t do all he can to imitate it.

No Idle Talk

Showed what a quick start can do, maybe he should show them the clips. Strange having been part of that he doesn’t do all he can to imitate it.

I also am puzzled by this. Robbie played in that George Burley team that used to come out and blow teams away in the first twenty minutes. So he as much as anybody should know the importance of getting off to a fast start and how it can shape the rest of the match. Yet we seem to come out the tunnel at 3 o clock looking like we are half asleep. I don't know what he is saying to the players pre match but whatever it is it isn't working.