Nicola bulley. Where the hell has she gone?

Muppetboy

7 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

True, and all good points.

As the days go on, the river thing seems increasingly unlikely, and I just don’t believe someone can purposefully disappear these days and go “off-grid”, especially with the level of surveillance, and digital footprint required to survive. Think about being tasked with going off-grid these days, wouldn’t last more than a day if you were lucky.

Absolutely. You'd have to have a way of escaping the area without being seen on a bus, at a train station or on a traffic camera. You'd need a stash of cash because you couldn't use cards, fake i.d.'s and you'd have to change your physical appearance to avoid being picked up on CCTV. More than that, you'd probably need at least one other person to help you somewhere along the line and surely you'd have previous communication with them. 

And if she had been kidnapped, there'd need to be a motive, there'd probably be evidence of a struggle and at the very least, a smashed phone screen if you were using it and were taken by force. Even then, if you wanted to make it look like someone has disappeared, you wouldn't leave evidence behind. 

I really don't envy the Police here, the pressure is on,the first 24 hrs has passed and their original working theory seems to be losing credibility. 

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• redjambo

• Irufushi

• jack D and coke

12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

The tragic story of Emma Pattison & her young daughter being murdered by her husband (who then killed himself) shows how a sudden extreme family "issue" can result in unimaginable  consequences.      They seem to have been very well liked and respected .... and yet.........

Yes this horrrendous story missed much of the media attention . A violent, abusive man murdering his wife and daughter . Scum bag 

WorldChampions1902
9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Absolutely. You'd have to have a way of escaping the area without being seen on a bus, at a train station or on a traffic camera. You'd need a stash of cash because you couldn't use cards, fake i.d.'s and you'd have to change your physical appearance to avoid being picked up on CCTV. More than that, you'd probably need at least one other person to help you somewhere along the line and surely you'd have previous communication with them. 

And if she had been kidnapped, there'd need to be a motive, there'd probably be evidence of a struggle and at the very least, a smashed phone screen if you were using it and were taken by force. Even then, if you wanted to make it look like someone has disappeared, you wouldn't leave evidence behind. 

I really don't envy the Police here, the pressure is on,the first 24 hrs has passed and their original working theory seems to be losing credibility. 

The abduction theory is an interesting one. If that is what has happened here (and it a big IF), then the perpetrator either has to have been extremely lucky and/or someone with local knowledge. Because from what I understand, there is only one route in and out of that location that wasn’t covered by CCTV.  

Even assuming that is what happened, the abductor would have had to drag Nicola some distance to his vehicle and hope that he didn’t bump into another member of the public on the way. So, you can understand why the Police have been reluctant to entertain that possibility. None of the ‘obvious’ options look likely TBH, which is why this is so perplexing. I just hope for the sake of all the family that she is found safe and well.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

Markymark1874

Really strange case. The longer it goes on the more it looks like it’s all been pre-planned. Awful if so, especially when children are involved.

What do we all reckon - Olivia Coleman to play her in the inevitable ITV drama 😊

Markymark1874
57 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes this horrrendous story missed much of the media attention . A violent, abusive man murdering his wife and daughter . Scum bag 

What sort of human could do that to his own child? Frightening.

il Duce McTarkin
35 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I see ‘arm chair detectives’ have been breaking into properties looking for clues to solve the case. 

If you were an arm chair detective you think you know breaking into private properties was a crime!

Everything up about the case is weird. Feel for the kids. 

She's deid, imo.

The Real Maroonblood
13 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

The tragic story of Emma Pattison & her young daughter being murdered by her husband (who then killed himself) shows how a sudden extreme family "issue" can result in unimaginable  consequences.      They seem to have been very well liked and respected .... and yet.........

I doubt we’ll never know what brought this tragedy on.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I see ‘arm chair detectives’ have been breaking into properties looking for clues to solve the case. 

If you were an arm chair detective you think you know breaking into private properties was a crime!

Everything up about the case is weird. Feel for the kids. 

If they are breaking into properties, they are no longer 'arm chair' detectives. 

Let themselves down.

11 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The people investigating this are infinitely more knowledgable on this kind of thing than all of us, but it does seem like they’re tunnel visioned on the “in the river” scenario.

Almost like they’ve gone too far with it now and they’re in the worrying position of not really having much else, so they’re just doubling down.

It is getting more bizarre by the day.

Seems like a classic case of rural and small town policing. Pick a theory, double down and go with it. They've got no-one to point the finger at to claim foul play, so the natural assumption is the river. Not that many of us believe it for a second.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Markymark1874 said:

Certainly is.

How anyone can murder a small child is just beyond me, especially their own.

As for that nutter from Dundee. A painful injection instead of 36 years in prison? Not that he'll probably survive long in there anyway.

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The abduction theory is an interesting one. If that is what has happened here (and it a big IF), then the perpetrator either has to have been extremely lucky and/or someone with local knowledge. Because from what I understand, there is only one route in and out of that location that wasn’t covered by CCTV.  

Even assuming that is what happened, the abductor would have had to drag Nicola some distance to his vehicle and hope that he didn’t bump into another member of the public on the way. So, you can understand why the Police have been reluctant to entertain that possibility. None of the ‘obvious’ options look likely TBH, which is why this is so perplexing. I just hope for the sake of all the family that she is found safe and well.

Also, odd that the dog didn't follow in that circumstance. I know a lot has been made of the dog not jumping in the river but even more surprising if she was abducted to stay at the bench.

6 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Also, odd that the dog didn't follow in that circumstance. I know a lot has been made of the dog not jumping in the river but even more surprising if she was abducted to stay at the bench.

If it was a planned abduction then steps taken to pacify/distract the dog (ie. feed it) whilst the escape is made would be my guess.

8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think there's a gate on the exit near the bench. If she's been taken through that gate, or if she's went through by herself, that would stop the dog following.

2 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

exactly, extremely unlikely in the extremest sense.

William H. Bonney

There are 2 explanations I think are plausible.  

One, she felt unwell, collapsed and fell into the river.  

Or, she's had a complete mental breakdown and wondered off. Although you'd have though she'd have been spotted by now. 

2 hours ago, Markymark1874 said:

Yep, it takes a special kind of twisted, sociopathic, narcissism to reach the conclusion that your own child’s life will be worthless or not worth living or whatever with you not around and so you decide to kill them first.

These murder-suicide / suicide-bomber nutters always get it the wrong way around - it should be a question of priorities: suicide first, then…

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Forget it, not getting involved this time.

Edited by graygo

1 hour ago, Meathook said:

I think there's a gate on the exit near the bench. If she's been taken through that gate, or if she's went through by herself, that would stop the dog following.

Wouldn't you tie the dog up, that way you know for sure it's not going to follow, it's a spaniel I think, sure they can jump a decent height.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sorry I don't follow. Are you posting a media outlet report to prove that media outlets missed it?

Actually, just noticed that it was her who hit him and was spoken to by the police. Changes the narrative a bit.

Edited by graygo

18 minutes ago, graygo said:

Forget it, not getting involved this time.

Good idea . Take a deep breath . In and out . In and out . 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, graygo said:

Sorry I don't follow. Are you posting a media outlet report to prove that media outlets missed it?

No.

It was posted by JJJ that the husband was the abuser.

Where that came from I don't know. 

This media outlet suggests the opposite.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

No.

It was posted by JJJ that the husband was the abuser.

Where that came from I don't know. 

This media outlet suggests the opposite.

Yes I just noticed that and edited my post. Filling in the back story from his own imagination and trying to pass it off as fact as usual.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Yes I just noticed that and edited my post. Filling in the back story from his own imagination and trying to pass it off as fact as usual.

👍

22 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Wouldn't you tie the dog up, that way you know for sure it's not going to follow, it's a spaniel I think, sure they can jump a decent height.

A "good dog" would stay in its spot for long enough for you to get away probably if you told it to stay. 

42 minutes ago, graygo said:

Actually, just noticed that it was her who hit him and was spoken to by the police. Changes the narrative a bit.

Maybe not. The call to police could be an example of controlling behaviour by him although we'll probably never know.

Given he shot them both and the wife called her family in panic he doesn't sound too much like a victim.

28 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

A "good dog" would stay in its spot for long enough for you to get away probably if you told it to stay. 

A good dog yes, but a spaniel, they're usually draft as a brush and as high as a kite most of the time, but I know what you mean.

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Seems like a classic case of rural and small town policing. Pick a theory, double down and go with it. They've got no-one to point the finger at to claim foul play, so the natural assumption is the river. Not that many of us believe it for a second.

Seemingly the NCA have reviewed all the available evidence and came up with the same conclusions as the local plod have.

25 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They'd have to see you go though. Spaniels are greedy-buggers though, I've got two, and a handful of dog biscuits thrown about would give me plenty time to get well away. Once out of sight, I don't know if they'd think about jumping a gate to look for me, I think they'd be more likely to manically sniff about the gate and the places my scent was strongest. 

4 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Not just local knowledge, EXTREME local knowledge. I know my local area well, I'm sure we all do, I wouldn't have the first clue which routes out aren't covered by CCTV though.

48 minutes ago, graygo said:

@Victorian he started the ball rolling as usual dear 

joondalupjambo

This is either a highly elaborate plan relating to abduction and/or a deliberate planned event.

Or she has fallen into the river.

On the basis that she seemed like taking numerous selfies, and putting posts up on Fatbook I am sticking with into the river theory for now.  

Edited by joondalupjambo

27 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

@Victorian he started the ball rolling as usual dear 

No you did with another post full of untruths. 

You never did say what media outlets missed the story. You also never explained where you got the information that the husband was a violent abusive man who then went on to murder.

Edited by graygo

4 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Not just local knowledge, EXTREME local knowledge. I know my local area well, I'm sure we all do, I wouldn't have the first clue which routes out aren't covered by CCTV though.

I read somewhere that there are more than one exit from the area not covered by CCTV, but some of them are locked. The place with no coverage (a caravan site I think) does have a camera, but it was broken. That would mean an abductor, or Nicola herself if she's done a runner either, knew that camera wasn't working, had a key to a locked gate or was just plain lucky. I'm sure the police will have looked into who knew the camera was broken, and who had access to keys to the locked gates. Was the camera broken deliberately? The plot thickens.

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Maybe not. The call to police could be an example of controlling behaviour by him although we'll probably never know.

Given he shot them both and the wife called her family in panic he doesn't sound too much like a victim.

Exactly we don’t know . He could have been controlling her but there seems to be some fragile male egos on this who clearly are unaware of the stats in relation to domestic violence and murders of women and children . 

43 minutes ago, graygo said:

No you did with another post full of untruths. 

You never did say what media outlets missed the story. You also never explained where you got the information that the husband was a violent abusive man who then went on to murder.

E16EF796-2142-473A-9D3A-FF6DBBC30C20.gif

48 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

This is what they do. Posts crap. Gets called out for it. Ignores it and moves o to the n3xt thread they can shoehorn their agenda into.

I’m a “ he “ not a “ they “ you’re on wrong thread for that malarky . 😂😂 their agenda ? Don’t you mean my opinions ? 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’m a “ he “ not a “ they “ you’re on wrong thread for that malarky . 😂😂 their agenda ? Don’t you mean my opinions ? 

You don't acknowledge other's preferred pronouns, why should he respect yours?

8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

E16EF796-2142-473A-9D3A-FF6DBBC30C20.gif

52 minutes ago, graygo said:

Correct and when put on the spot they post camp GIFs to try to deflect.

Case in point.

WorldChampions1902
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Dave will be around soon to tidy the thread up. 👍

Poor guy awfully busy on that score recently.

Anyways……Nicola Bulley. Where is she?

I'm all for a bit of thread divergence but this is a really interesting case and you think there's been a development...and...it's just folk arguing about a completely different topic 😂😂

See the guy saying even if she did fall in the river she would have landed on the rocks as its really shallow at the sides, but right in the middle is 3M deep but still like.

She's 100% not in that river.

There's been no crime committed as yet, until the insurance claim goes in then the police will pounce I'm sure.

I'm still puzzled as to why this is getting so much more attention than any of the many missing person cases every year, even the one's involving middle class women.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm still puzzled as to why this is getting so much more attention than any of the many missing person cases every year, even the one's involving middle class women.

I was wondering if it's because it's been made to look like something sinister.

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

possibly because it's a wee bit more unusual i.e. with the dog lead, mobile phone still on etc who knows.

12 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

possibly because it's a wee bit more unusual i.e. with the dog lead, mobile phone still on etc who knows.

The temptation to over stage your staged disappearance must be strong and is what would probably be your downfall. It's probably not as easy to do as we might think. If it is a staged disappearance and I'm not suggesting it is.