Nicola bulley. Where the hell has she gone?

Muppetboy

6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

If the cops use private companies in the course of an investigation in future it needs to be stipulated to these contractors that this is an active investigation. You do not talk about it to anybody far less the press. This company fed the pantomime by saying she's definitely not in that stretch of river.

The implication was given that she didn't go into the river at all, and that wasn't the police view for probably compelling evidentiary reasons. That company blabbing was a major interference.    

I'm not sure it was the police who brought the private search team in, as it's always been reported in the media that it was the family who brought them in.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• redjambo

• Irufushi

• jack D and coke

I noticed this morning how Sky News has dropped this story completely, even when Kay Burley had a perfect chance to say something, anything, when she questioned a government minister about a new government plan about HRT treatment for women, including women who can't take HRT because of side-effects, Burley said nothing about Nicola Bulley.

Quite possibly because Burley is up to her neck in the shit over the way Sky News conducted itself, certainly over the last week, she'll have dropped this story like a hot tattie.

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

The issue isn’t any longer, was she or was she not in the water so their instinct was right all along.

The issue now, and there maybe an explanation for it is why the biggest water search in British police history failed to find her for nearly 3 weeks. Appreciate her position may have been influenced by whatever ride there was. Four tidal changes per day and she’s ended up being moved up and down that river to an extent and ended up almost back where she started. That’s pretty incredible if it’s true and needs some verification and explanation. Or the more likely theory IMO that she was there or thereabouts stuck in the reeds the whole time and there was a flaw in the search parameters and processes that failed to find her.

All semantics now as it appears she was dead within a few minutes if her disappearance.

Examples here of people being found miles from where they entered the water

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64712383

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm not sure it was the police who brought the private search team in, as it's always been reported in the media that it was the family who brought them in.

Correct, the fact the search of the river didn't find her is not down to the police.

The media should have been ripped up and re-started at bigger moments than this missing person.  All that happened was the News of the World stopped and re-started under a different title.

21 hours ago, graygo said:

Correct, the fact the search of the river didn't find her is not down to the police.

I may be misunderstanding the reports of where she was found - but it seems be below the weir in a tidal stretch where the tide was likely moving her body in and out.  Again, my possibly wrong understanding is that neither the police nor SGI searched below the weir in the first 2 weeks because no-one thought there was enough flow in the river to carry a body over the weir.

Some of the daft media reports state she was found "very close" to the bench - which seems ridiculously inaccurate.

Blaming the police or SGI  for not finding her sooner seems unnecessary & pointless anyway.   Especially if the post-mortem can show an approximate date of death - e.g. day 1 or 2

Just read DOminic Casciani's article on the BBC website - apparently SGI did search that tidal stretch using riverbed sonar, but there's no way of knowing if Nicola's body  was caught up in in the reeds at that time or not.   The riverbed sonar wouldn't have revealed anything anyway even if she was there.      It seems her body was eventually seen from above by the dog walkers.  

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Just read DOminic Casciani's article on the BBC website - apparently SGI did search that tidal stretch using riverbed sonar, but there's no way of knowing if Nicola's body  was caught up in in the reeds at that time or not.   The riverbed sonar wouldn't have revealed anything anyway even if she was there.      It seems her body was eventually seen from above by the dog walkers.  

If it wasn’t for folks walking their dogs there would be bodies lying all over the place. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Inspired tactics of actually looking. 

Police facing two investigations. Quite right too, the mutants.

• 4 months later...
Jambo-Jimbo

Coroner rules that her death was accidental, also revealed that there was no traces of alcohol in her system.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-66033632

Of course the finding won't satisfy some people, who continue to this day to harass the family with their wild theories about what happened to Nicola.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Dick Dastardly
45 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Coroner rules that her death was accidental, also revealed that there was no traces of alcohol in her system.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-66033632

Of course the finding won't satisfy some people, who continue to this day to harass the family with their wild theories about what happened to Nicola.

Would alcohol still be in someone's system after that length of time? I've no idea if it would break down or whatever it does. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Would alcohol still be in someone's system after that length of time? I've no idea if it would break down or whatever it does. 

I'd imagine so? There's a special technique they use its not like a traditional blood alcohol test because the body starts to produce amounts of it upon death. 

If it was too far past the point of that being effective I'd imagine they either wouldn't have bothered or heavily caveated their findings (which they may have done I'm not sure). 

the posh bit
59 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm pretty sure a coroner would know. 

its aw a cover up ah ken whae realli dun it

Social media is a scourge on society.

But the police made a complete feckin tit of the situation and provided an information vacuum for the social media trolls to fill.

Nobody came out of this tragic situation looking very good.

Hopefully her family will be left the feck alone now.

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

I'd imagine so? There's a special technique they use its not like a traditional blood alcohol test because the body starts to produce amounts of it upon death. 

If it was too far past the point of that being effective I'd imagine they either wouldn't have bothered or heavily caveated their findings (which they may have done I'm not sure). 

It wasn't really a question specific to this incident, just something that i wondered when i saw your post. Cheers for the info. 

Dick Dastardly
9 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

I'm pretty sure a coroner would know. 

I'm pretty sure they would. If I knew one i would have asked them. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It wasn't really a question specific to this incident, just something that i wondered when i saw your post. Cheers for the info. 

👍 Its grim stuff but it's really impressive that they actually have accurate tests and techniques for all this sort of thing. 

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

👍 Its grim stuff but it's really impressive that they actually have accurate tests and techniques for all this sort of thing. 

Too right. All that csi and medical examiner stuff is pretty phenomenal stuff.