Nicola bulley. Where the hell has she gone?

Muppetboy

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Interesting to know. I have seen this case in the news but only now really looking at it. I know nothing of the area, but looked at a few photos of the river and you've pretty much backed up my initial thoughts. It doesn't look the deepest, widest or even wildest river. And I saw you even said there hadn't been a lot of rain in the area prior to this. Hard to imagine someone falling in and being completely swept away beyond all tracing.

Didn't realise they had a business but that's definitely something to factor in. Also, what was the nature of the teams call? She was a mortgage advisor. Redundancies perhaps? Has she had a mental breakdown and fled, or perhaps done something much worse.

Definitely a mystery, but what folk seem to fail to remember in this situation is the poor family, especially the 2 young daughters wondering where their Mum is.

I suspect the Teams call wasn't interesting or that would be a major line of enquiry. Would be all over the Internet by now if it was anything like redundancies. Probably just a regular meeting like many of us do regularly.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• redjambo

• Irufushi

• jack D and coke

On 04/02/2023 at 12:09, GBJambo said:

Well if you listen to all the Miss Marples on socials it’s the husband that done it 🤦🏻

Even though he was at work with 10 collleagues . Apparently he didn’t show emotion when getting interviewed is their reason 🤦🏻

Yup. I don’t know why the police bother with investigating. The Facebook detectives would have it solved in 5 minutes.

I P Knightley
6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I drunkenly decided to have a piss into the harbour, and fell about 20 feet into the water probably still pissing.

So glad you made it out OK but :biglaugh:

I've a mental image of you somersaulting off the harbour wall, todge in hand and singing heartily before the big sploosh!

jack D and coke

Listening to an expert diver on the radio there who reckons she’s not in the river. 
Says it’s not a fast flowing river and if she’d drowned she wouldn’t have moved all that far and she’d have been found by now. 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Listening to an expert diver on the radio there who reckons she’s not in the river. 
Says it’s not a fast flowing river and if she’d drowned she wouldn’t have moved all that far and she’d have been found by now. 

Did he say anything about a canoe?

34 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Nope.

And it's not much of a joke either by the look of things!

Should have gone with kayak.

1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

Did he say anything about a canoe?

It never crossed my mind. 👀

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

No. Is that a theory?

See a wee 11 year old girl has gone missing near Gala. 

Left her friends last night at half 5 yesterday and was spotted on Starbucks CCTV at 18.15 but nothing since.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I've said that from the start, it's a slow moving part ot the river at St Michaels, a course fish section for the fishers amongst us, it's in a flat area so not a lot of fall to speed the water up and mostly fairly shallow.

27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Left her friends last night at half 5 yesterday and was spotted on Starbucks CCTV at 18.15 but nothing since.

I saw that on the news this morning, the worry her family must be going through is hellish.

46 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

A guy at the council told me since kids got the free bus passes cases of missing kids have went up 300%. Bairns as young as 9-10yo are jumping on buses and disappearing for hours on end. 

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

A guy at the council told me since kids got the free bus passes cases of missing kids have went up 300%. Bairns as young as 9-10yo are jumping on buses and disappearing for hours on end. 

The guy in the council would know.

:rofl:

8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I assume he would since he runs the bus station and has to deal with the police multiple times a day.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

I assume he would since he runs the bus station and has to deal with the police multiple times a day.

What bus station does the council run?

11 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

The police also hold multi-agency meetings with councils where these things are discussed, and someof the kids come under social work (therefore council) care.

58 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I'd think that someone in the council will know, because it's a council issued travel card, so they'll want to know how often they are getting used, besides someone has to pay the bus company, council pays the bus company, council gets reimbursed by the government, it could easily work that way.

54 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Maybe doesn't run it on a day to basis, but looks like Scottish Borders Council own it.

https://www.hubsoutheastscotland.co.uk/projects/galashiels-transport-interchange/

Scroll down and you'll see that Morrison Construction built it for Scottish Borders Council back in 2015.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Maybe doesn't run it on a day to basis, but looks like Scottish Borders Council own it.

https://www.hubsoutheastscotland.co.uk/projects/galashiels-transport-interchange/

Scroll down and you'll see that Morrison Construction built it for Scottish Borders Council back in 2015.

👍

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Majority of fife bus stations are fife council only St Andrews is owned by stagecoach i think.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Majority of fife bus stations are fife council only St Andrews is owned by stagecoach i think.

👍

28 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

No idea what’s happened but i was shocked at how small a river it is. Doesn’t add up if she was a strong swimmer.

It does actually. Swimming in many layers of clothes and boots doesn't equate to being a strong swimmer in a pool in a swimming costume unfortunately. It's incredibly difficult and tiring, as well as potential cold water shock.

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Nope.

And it's not much of a joke either by the look of things!

I’ve had this explained to me. It rings no bells with me at all this story 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

3 minutes ago, Daktari said:

It does actually. Swimming in many layers of clothes and boots doesn't equate to being a strong swimmer in a pool in a swimming costume unfortunately. It's incredibly difficult and tiring, as well as potential cold water shock.

Similar was mentioned on page 1.

Has it been said she was only a strong swimmer in a pool?

To me a strong swimmer, is a strong swimmer in a multitude of conditions...otherwise they're ergo not a strong swimmer

26 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Similar was mentioned on page 1.

Has it been said she was only a strong swimmer in a pool?

To me a strong swimmer, is a strong swimmer in a multitude of conditions...otherwise they're ergo not a strong swimmer

To be honest, it wouldn't shock me if regarded as a strong swimmer, means someone wouldn't drown in a public pool. Without breathing correctly, cold shock and wearing heavy clothing can effectively be life threatening in most bodies of water. But as others have mentioned the area she went missing is neither deep nor wide. A very strange case and at this point unlikely to have a positive ending 

The more I think about it the more I think, leave phone behind, leave dog in a safe place out of it’s harness, let nobody know where you are.
Very good chance she is somewhere where she doesn’t want to be found. Best case scenario she’s run from her family for whatever reason. Worst case she’s gone somewhere quiet knowing she won’t be found for a long time to get to a place where she won’t have any more problems ever again. 

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Cold shock.  Fright.  Panic.  Long padded coat.  Welly boots.  

Strong swimmer,  innit?  Geez peace.

Agreed.

But the diving expert said she’d have been found by now. She’d have been snagged on something within a few hundred metres in a shallow pool. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The more I think about it the more I think, leave phone behind, leave dog in a safe place out of it’s harness, let nobody know where you are.
Very good chance she is somewhere where she doesn’t want to be found. Best case scenario she’s run from her family for whatever reason. Worst case she’s gone somewhere quiet knowing she won’t be found for a long time to get to a place where she won’t have any more problems ever again. 

Hopefully but pretty tricky to pull off.

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Agreed.

But the diving expert said she’d have been found by now. She’d have been snagged on something within a few hundred metres in a shallow pool. 

Geez peace he said. Don’t agitate him by quoting him. 

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Family and friends getting stick tonight as started a go fund me page to raise 100k.

😂 they’re at it. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Family and friends getting stick tonight as started a go fund me page to raise 100k.

No way?! It’s unravelling. 

14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Agreed.

Yes.  The failure to find her in there casts a bit of doubt on her being in the river.  Albeit it's not impossible yet.  I've seen it reported that a basic diver search can easily miss someone.  The higher tech sonar search should get much nearer to the fact.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Yes.  The failure to find her in there casts a bit of doubt on her being in the river.  Albeit it's not impossible yet.  I've seen it reported that a basic diver search can easily miss someone.  The higher tech sonar search should get much nearer to the fact.

Aye the guy on the radio said they’d find her easily with this sonar if she’s there.
I’m honestly starting to wonder if this is some elaborate hoax. 
I hope so too. There’s two small kids caught up in this. 

16 minutes ago, steve123 said:

They’ve now changed it to 50k . How nice. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye the guy on the radio said they’d find her easily with this sonar if she’s there.
I’m honestly starting to wonder if this is some elaborate hoax. 
I hope so too. There’s two small kids caught up in this. 

Who really knows these days? I don't pay any attention to the kind of social media based,  bad faith speculation that's been reported.  But you can never really rule out anything.  For whatever motives,  desperate people can no doubt resort to some ill conceived enterprises.  

8 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

They’ve now changed it to 50k . How nice. 

Crazy I can only assume they have not thought through the optics of it...

Down to 5k now !!

Edited by steve123

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Who really knows these days? I don't pay any attention to the kind of social media based,  bad faith speculation that's been reported.  But you can never really rule out anything.  For whatever motives,  desperate people can no doubt resort to some ill conceived enterprises.  

You hear things about mortgages being in arrears or business being in financial difficulties or whatever and now the go fund me…

This is starting to ming…

37 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

To be honest, it wouldn't shock me if regarded as a strong swimmer, means someone wouldn't drown in a public pool. Without breathing correctly, cold shock and wearing heavy clothing can effectively be life threatening in most bodies of water. But as others have mentioned the area she went missing is neither deep nor wide. A very strange case and at this point unlikely to have a positive ending 

Guess it's all context, I don't know where the description came from or how it was being used...hence the question I suppose. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

You hear things about mortgages being in arrears or business being in financial difficulties or whatever and now the go fund me…

This is starting to ming…

Seems to me it would be a bit ham-fisted and doomed to discovery on the face of what's being suggested.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Seems to me it would be a bit ham-fisted and doomed to discovery on the face of what's being suggested.

Aye I’m getting like these bams on Facebook thinking I know. 
Something isn’t right here though.

I hope the girl is ok end of the day.