Nicola bulley. Where the hell has she gone?

Muppetboy

Absolutely heartbreaking story, a complete mystery with no clear indication from the police what has happened to her. The family have differing views than the police to what has become of her. An awful awful thing to go through

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• redjambo

• Irufushi

• jack D and coke

Police working on the probability she's gone into the river.  Phone on an active teams meeting call placed on the bench.  My money's on her having placed the phone down to get her dog away from the water or maybe up from the hazardous looking river bank and she's gone in.  

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Police working on the probability she's gone into the river.  Phone on an active teams meeting call placed on the bench.  My money's on her having placed the phone down to get her dog away from the water or maybe up from the hazardous looking river bank and she's gone in.  

Yeah the police said that yesterday but the sister refutes that, and 10 miles of river has revealed nothing. Such a mystery

1 minute ago, Muppetboy said:

Yeah the police said that yesterday but the sister refutes that, and 10 miles of river has revealed nothing. Such a mystery

The river search done is not fully exhaustive.  

Not sure why the family is resisting,  other than the fully understandable grief and denial.  If you accept the prevailing theory then there's no hope.

Such a heart breaking story, the police are looking at the evidence the family and friends are holding on to the last bit of hope they have and who can blame them 😪

This happened about half an hour from where I live, I can't get my head around her falling in the river, the Wyre isn't a big river at all, I can't see how she wouldn't have been found by now, she surley would've washed up on the bank or on the shallow bits, the bit were she was last seen can be waded across.

18 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

This happened about half an hour from where I live, I can't get my head around her falling in the river, the Wyre isn't a big river at all, I can't see how she wouldn't have been found by now, she surley would've washed up on the bank or on the shallow bits, the bit were she was last seen can be waded across.

Exactly

23 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Totally where I am.

We are a week on.

To further it, Mrs B said BBC news reporting that she hadn't let the dog have a ball in over 2 years.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Well if you listen to all the Miss Marples on socials it’s the husband that done it 🤦🏻

Even though he was at work with 10 collleagues . Apparently he didn’t show emotion when getting interviewed is their reason 🤦🏻

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Totally where I am.

We are a week on.

To further it, Mrs B said BBC news reporting that she hadn't let the dog have a ball in over 2 years.

The River Wyre where she went missing is about the same size as the Esk between Lasswade and Dalkeith, you can jump it in places, it's fairly shallow, between ankle and chest with a few pools that maybe a couple of feet deeper, I know this because I've fished for years, we've not had much rain here in that time so the rive hasn't been in flood, obviously I'm no expert but I can't see how a body in such a small, shallow river with little backside trees etc, wouldn't have floated to the surface or lodged on the bank.

Dick Dastardly

Was her dog not out of it's harness? Something she never did, apparently. There does seem to be something not right about the whole thing, from what I've read

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Was her dog not out of it's harness? Something she never did, apparently. There does seem to be something not right about the whole thing, from what I've read

The dog was out the harness, apparently though this was nothing unusual they always done that.

Dick Dastardly
6 minutes ago, steve123 said:

The dog was out the harness, apparently though this was nothing unusual they always done that.

Really? I read that they never did. Might have to put my specs on next time! 

Edit.. Missed a paragraph in the article! 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

Real mystery this one is.  As others have said and I agree, if she had fell into the river, then you'd think that at least there would have been some evidence that she had or that by now her body would have been found somewhere downstream, but to have absolutely nothing whatsoever to go on, that must be unusual.

I don't know how these conference/teams calls work, but if it were on a video call, is that recorded on some server somewhere and if it is, it may pinpoint the exact time that she put her phone down, it may also have recorded noises in the background, such as a splash or scream.

As is often the case, the Police might well know more, but have not put that out into the public domain yet.

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Real mystery this one is.  As others have said and I agree, if she had fell into the river, then you'd think that at least there would have been some evidence that she had or that by now her body would have been found somewhere downstream, but to have absolutely nothing whatsoever to go on, that must be unusual.

I don't know how these conference/teams calls work, but if it were on a video call, is that recorded on some server somewhere and if it is, it may pinpoint the exact time that she put her phone down, it may also have recorded noises in the background, such as a splash or scream.

As is often the case, the Police might well know more, but have not put that out into the public domain yet.

re recording of teams calls, that would be subject to what licence agreements her firm had in place but probably not in case sensitive things were discussed on it. re the background noise, it is possible that she was on mute and nothing would have been recorded from her end and no one else on the call would know if/what anything had happened

29 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

l know more, but have not put that out into the public domain yet.

I think that may be the case here.

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Well if you listen to all the Miss Marples on socials it’s the husband that done it 🤦🏻

Even though he was at work with 10 collleagues . Apparently he didn’t show emotion when getting interviewed is their reason 🤦🏻

Yeah and the mirror showed this image when he was interviewed……..134-AF27-B-E5-E3-4-DB0-9-D38-677-E488433

WorldChampions1902
35 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Was the dog wet when it was found?

Seemingly not.

I’m not buying the “fell in the river theory”. I sincerely hope she is found safe and well. Possibly done a “Reggie Perrin”? I’d hate to think it’s anything worse, but that remains a possibility IMHO.

5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Most definitely.

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Michael Kular case comes to mind. All the volunteers conducting searches whereas the police were over in Fife conducting their investigation knowing a lot more. 

6 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

The River Wyre where she went missing is about the same size as the Esk between Lasswade and Dalkeith, you can jump it in places, it's fairly shallow, between ankle and chest with a few pools that maybe a couple of feet deeper, I know this because I've fished for years, we've not had much rain here in that time so the rive hasn't been in flood, obviously I'm no expert but I can't see how a body in such a small, shallow river with little backside trees etc, wouldn't have floated to the surface or lodged on the bank.

One of the news reports mentioned that sections of the river had crazy depths of up to 4 metres. Not sure how accurate they were as it sounds live diving pool depths. 

25 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The Michael Kular case comes to mind. All the volunteers conducting searches whereas the police were over in Fife conducting their investigation knowing a lot more. 

One of the news reports mentioned that sections of the river had crazy depths of up to 4 metres. Not sure how accurate they were as it sounds live diving pool depths. 

If there are bits 12ft deep they are few and very far between.

7 hours ago, Cade said:

Where the hell are all these people?

And why don't they have nationwide press coverage?

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/appeal-search?loaded=6

Don’t mean to sound bad but this story is getting some publicity as it’s headline news everyday from day one yet people go missing every day and you hear nothing unless it’s local news 

I suspect her dogs gone in the river, she’s put her phone down whilst on the call to try and get the dog out and she’s fallen in maybe even gone in after it. As a dog owner if mine went in and was struggling to get out I would be right in to pull her out. Crazy stuff I know but dogs make you do that.

Nothing more sinister than that. It’s just taking time to locate the body unfortunately which is allowing the conspiracy theories to grow legs.

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I suspect her dogs gone in the river, she’s put her phone down whilst on the call to try and get the dog out and she’s fallen in maybe even gone in after it. As a dog owner if mine went in and was struggling to get out I would be right in to pull her out. Crazy stuff I know but dogs make you do that.

Nothing more sinister than that. It’s just taking time to locate the body unfortunately which is allowing the conspiracy theories to grow legs.

The dog was dry from what I read but apart from that I think this is what roughly happened. 

Regards her partner not everyone bursts into tears when talking about it and some can hold it together and that doesn’t make him involved 

It sounds more dramatic if a family member is involved rather than just the women falling in the water unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

The police say that the dog was dry when it and her phone was found, therefore they don't believe the dog was ever in the water.

Now there's nothing to say that the dog wasn't close to the edge and she went to get it back from the edge and fell in herself, maybe it's as simple as that.

On another matter, the Police have issued an appeal for people on social media to stop making things up and or being abusive to potential witnesses.  I think this is after the woman pushing the pram which the Police had wanted to trace and came forward, did so last night, got all manner of abuse on social media afterwards.

An almost identical situation yesterday at the River Esk near Newtongrange yesterday as we were on our way to the game. Couple of policeman looking a bit frantic but lots of sirens with more police, ambulance and fire engines rushing past us. Turns out a women's dog fell down a 6 feet embankment into the river and she fell in trying to rescue it.

Thankfully the fire service got her out before it turned into a tragedy.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/emergency-services-rush-riverside-after-29133542

5 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Yeah, thats the natural instinct - but in a panic situation like that, its easy to forget how quickly you could be out of control yourself due to the very cold water plus the extra weight of your clothes becoming waterlogged plus the water possibly being deeper than you thought with a stronger current than you thought plus slippery underwater rocks etc.

Horrible and awful situation.

4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yeah, thats the natural instinct - but in a panic situation like that, its easy to forget how quickly you could be out of control yourself due to the very cold water plus the extra weight of your clothes becoming waterlogged plus the water possibly being deeper than you thought with a stronger current than you thought plus slippery underwater rocks etc.

An extreme and tragic example of that: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2194665/Maria-Pantazopoulos-Bride-drowned-wedding-dress-pictured-husband.html

Friends have released some key facts to try and stem the amount of hearsay and abuse the family are receiving.

Mainly, the Husband is not a suspect as they have CCTV at their home, where he was working at the time.

#the dog wasn't wet when found. It wasn't unusual for it to have it's harness off, harness was found on the ground by the bench where her phone was.

She would regularly have her phone on loudspeaker when on a call. 

There is CCTV at the caravan park behind where the bench is situated and the only camera in the CCTV network that isnt working is the one pointing directly at the bench. 

She was a strong swimmer.

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Friends have released some key facts to try and stem the amount of hearsay and abuse the family are receiving.

She would regularly have her phone on loudspeaker when on a call. 

There is CCTV at the caravan park behind where the bench is situated and the only camera in the CCTV network that isnt working is the one pointing directly at the bench. 

Hmmmm .... interesting, that one.  

On 04/02/2023 at 12:08, Cade said:

Where the hell are all these people?

And why don't they have nationwide press coverage?

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/appeal-search?loaded=6

Just going through that site and its quite chilling that these people can just go missing like that. 

I hope they get to the bottom of whats happened to Nicola Bulley, as others have said it all seems extremely odd. 

On 04/02/2023 at 04:57, Victorian said:

The river search done is not fully exhaustive.  

Not sure why the family is resisting,  other than the fully understandable grief and denial.  If you accept the prevailing theory then there's no hope.

Agreed, the family is thinking/hoping for almost anything else, even abduction. Because as you say, if she went into the river she's dead. And that would appear likely.

Absolutely embarrassing that folk would jump to 'the husband did it he doesnae seem right eh'. Aye he's jumped her while she's in a teams call well done lads. Go and solve all the others now. 

8 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

So am I when i'm in a swimming pool wearing swimming trunks, but that doesn't make you a strong swimmer. One time during my misspent youth I was in Torquay and drunk out of my face with a whole bunch of others sitting on grass near a harbour.

You could walk across the grass and look down into the water, which I was doing when I drunkenly decided to have a piss into the harbour, and fell about 20 feet into the water probably still pissing.

There is no way out but a sort of slope about 50 feet or so away, the slope had a surface covered with big cobblestones  completely coated in slippery seaweed, getting up that was harder than the swim.

I headed for it and quickly found that swimming with shoes and all your clothes on isn't easy even for a 'strong' swimmer, a lot of energy goes into just staying afloat. Being fully clothed feels like being pulled under, they hold a lot of water and water is heavy. 

That was in warm protected summertime harbour water with no current at all all, I was never close to drowning in there but I didn't have far to go in comfortable conditions for a way out.

Even in my drunken state I was completely aware in that water if it had been in anything but these easy conditions I, a 'strong' swimmer, could have been in serious trouble. The memory still lingers with me.

In my instance there were also people all around who had seen me fall in and they were throwing lifebelts till it became clear I probably wouldn't need it. But yeah, when people call someone a strong swimmer they typically mean in a swimming pool in swimwear doing laps, nothing like being in say a river fully clothed.

Seemingly their failing business is being struck off on the 7th February, probably just a coincidence.

She posted multiple times a day on Facebook and that stopped on the 7th December, not any photos or mentions over the Christmas period, even though she was already posting about it at Centre Parcs early December.

Is she living in an attic somewhere?!

The dog going between the bench and the gate would suggest she didn't go in the water, but ventured through the gate to the only road without working CCTV which took you to a caravan park.

It is all quite bizarre.  You think they'd trace her Airpods (I'm totally sounding like the Twitter Karens here).

On 04/02/2023 at 13:32, Angel eyes said:

Yeah and the mirror showed this image when he was interviewed……..134-AF27-B-E5-E3-4-DB0-9-D38-677-E488433

The Mirror really is the scumbag's paper of choice (well, that and the Daily Mail).

What are they trying to say when they (deliberately) print this? "Look, the husband is happy he's got away with doing her in"??? 

Guilty for daring to smile when his wife's missing? It was probably through nerves or panic. A missing wife and having all these cameras shoved in your face, questions and sly accusations thrown at you. The man must be beside himself!

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

The Mirror really is the scumbag's paper of choice (well, that and the Daily Mail).

What are they trying to say when they (deliberately) print this? "Look, the husband is happy he's got away with doing her in"??? 

Guilty for daring to smile when his wife's missing? It was probably through nerves or panic. A missing wife and having all these cameras shoved in your face, questions and sly accusations thrown at you. The man must be beside himself!

:spoton:

easy clickbait that too many people will fall for every time. 

3 hours ago, The Internet said:

Absolutely embarrassing that folk would jump to 'the husband did it he doesnae seem right eh'. Aye he's jumped her while she's in a teams call well done lads. Go and solve all the others now. 

Yep another one of their theories is that he paid someone to kill her as he was having an affair with her sister 🤦🏻

Absolute scum posting that on social media . Imagine their kids coming across that . 

On 04/02/2023 at 11:38, Dawnrazor said:

Interesting to know. I have seen this case in the news but only now really looking at it. I know nothing of the area, but looked at a few photos of the river and you've pretty much backed up my initial thoughts. It doesn't look the deepest, widest or even wildest river. And I saw you even said there hadn't been a lot of rain in the area prior to this. Hard to imagine someone falling in and being completely swept away beyond all tracing.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Seemingly their failing business is being struck off on the 7th February, probably just a coincidence.

She posted multiple times a day on Facebook and that stopped on the 7th December, not any photos or mentions over the Christmas period, even though she was already posting about it at Centre Parcs early December.

Is she living in an attic somewhere?!

The dog going between the bench and the gate would suggest she didn't go in the water, but ventured through the gate to the only road without working CCTV which took you to a caravan park.

It is all quite bizarre.  You think they'd trace her Airpods (I'm totally sounding like the Twitter Karens here).

Didn't realise they had a business but that's definitely something to factor in. Also, what was the nature of the teams call? She was a mortgage advisor. Redundancies perhaps? Has she had a mental breakdown and fled, or perhaps done something much worse.

Definitely a mystery, but what folk seem to fail to remember in this situation is the poor family, especially the 2 young daughters wondering where their Mum is.

On 04/02/2023 at 20:00, theshed said:

Don’t mean to sound bad but this story is getting some publicity as it’s headline news everyday from day one yet people go missing every day and you hear nothing unless it’s local news 

She’s white and middle class 

On 04/02/2023 at 21:42, Dazo said:

Probs out of order but husband isn’t right to me. 

He does appear rather stoic