*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

A guy I know tells me he is too bad now and that his personal life is a bit crazy , there was a mention of walking down the street with a pistol in his waist 

I heard he was robbing and stabbing, looting and shooting.

One of these days, when he hears a voice say ‘run’. Where’s he going to run to?

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

🙂

13 hours ago, CMc said:

I think you’ve misread the thread title bud!

Well that would have helped right enough. But in saying that it is summer over here. 

No excuse. Glasses on next time eh? 🤪 Doh!

53 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Johnny Russell would be a very good signing for us. 

Yeah, I'm quite excited by the prospect of signing him. I think having a forward player with that level of experience will be really invaluable. Sometimes have felt our wingers lack a bit of guile, McKay not so much, but others tend to make the wrong decisions, and think someone with so much experience even at 33 could come in and raise the standards a bit. 

5 hours ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I'm quite excited by the prospect of signing him. I think having a forward player with that level of experience will be really invaluable. Sometimes have felt our wingers lack a bit of guile, McKay not so much, but others tend to make the wrong decisions, and think someone with so much experience even at 33 could come in and raise the standards a bit. 

Very much this. 

He's a bit mad as well so would get fired in, wont take any shite, and will wind folk up. 

I love that 

9 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Very much this. 

He's a bit mad as well so would get fired in, wont take any shite, and will wind folk up. 

that's what we need more of.   like Cammy    boys not scared to get in about it and wind opponents up 

44 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Could enhance our chances of getting him I suppose.

Sensible policy to have prospective players injured prior to them arriving, saves us the hassle ! 🤝🏼

51 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Shame for him missing that one, massive match. They've sold out nearly 30,000 tickets at Portman Road.

14 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Shame for him missing that one, massive match. They've sold out nearly 30,000 tickets at Portman Road.

I was not keeping up too much with what was going on before our interest in Paterson was revealed . Was he injured or did Darren Moore just totally not give a **** and not bother playing him as much until we showed interest ? If it is the latter then if I was Callum I would be in no rush to commit my future to Wednesday while he is in charge . Obviously though I may have been picking up on the situation wrong 

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was not keeping up too much with what was going on before our interest in Paterson was revealed . Was he injured or did Darren Moore just totally not give a **** and not bother playing him as much until we showed interest ? If it is the latter then if I was Callum I would be in no rush to commit my future to Wednesday while he is in charge . Obviously though I may have been picking up on the situation wrong 

Can't say I am particularly knowledgable about the Sheff Wed squad but I think he was continually featuring off the bench but then due to injuries and his own good form he forced his way into the team and a more regular starting spot. I think everyone at their club loves his attitude and commitment and professionalism so he's a popular figure with both the staff/team mates and support. I think it was more happenstance that we showed interest at at time he was getting more minutes but he'd clearly become more important so timing was unfortunate. From what I understand I think they will need to offer him a really good deal to outweigh his wishes to return north. We'll find out in the summer! 

Edited by Luckies1874

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Can't say I am particularly knowledgable about the Sheff Wed said but I think he was continually featuring off the bench but then due to injuries and his own good form he forced his way into the team and a more regular starting spot. I think everyone at their club loves his attitude and commitment and professionalism so he's a popular figure with both the staff/team mates and support. I think it was more happenstance that we showed interest at at time he was getting more minutes but he'd clearly become more important so timing was unfortunate. From what I understand I think they will need to offer him a really good deal to outweigh his wishes to return north. We'll find out in the summer! 

A different perspective to mine . Thanks 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Think I said earlier in thread, an irony, how his time with us came to an end with a season ending injury, perhaps a little bit of history repeating. So long as he's fit for Europa League Quals

:wink:

16 hours ago, OTT said:

100%.

Sporting Kansas have got Alan Pulido and Daniel Salloí alongside Russell. Both of those guys are £3m-6million pound players and Johnny Russell is the captain and probably their best player. 

He'd be the best forward at the club were we to sign him. 

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

100%.

Sporting Kansas have got Alan Pulido and Daniel Salloí alongside Russell. Both of those guys are £3m-6million pound players and Johnny Russell is the captain and probably their best player. 

Exactly 

Superb signing if it happens 

Edited by Batistuta87

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

100%.

just the usual from people who have no idea what they are talking about. 

same all the time 

ScottishSandstorm
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

100%.

I agree. I've seen quite a bit of him at SKC and he would do very well in the SPL. He has some grit to his game too and would not go missing in big games. Would be a GREAT signing.

The young Fleetwood and Northern Ireland left-winger, Paddy Lane we were being linked with in the press, has signed for Portsmouth. The price when we were linked was £1 million, Pompey have paid an ‘undisclosed fee’. Signed a 3yr deal so puts that one to rest. No idea if we ever actually enquired about him, or if it was all just paper/agent chat.

5 minutes ago, Heart&soul said:

The young Fleetwood and Northern Ireland left-winger, Paddy Lane we were being linked with in the press, has signed for Portsmouth. The price when we were linked was £1 million, Pompey have paid an ‘undisclosed fee’. Signed a 3yr deal so puts that one to rest. No idea if we ever actually enquired about him, or if it was all just paper/agent chat.

Doesn't his sister Penny play for the Liverpool women's team?

On 09/02/2023 at 12:13, Batistuta87 said:

I would also argue that playing for KC in the MLS, being a key player and then becoming their captain is much more impressive than playing for Fleetwood Town (McKay's last club) - who would likely get pumped off any MLS side.

Not an easy comparison to make with MLS. See Jake Mulraney and Sam Nicholson (who I actually really liked, but would he start ahead of McKay?).

I get the doubt around signing him, but if Russell was available I'd rather we signed him and it didn't work out than let him go to someone like Aberdeen and end up being excellent for them 😅.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, RS86 said:

...if Russell was available I'd rather we signed him and it didn't work out than let him go to someone like Aberdeen and end up being excellent for them.

Good point; first dibs

If he's here from summer to Hogmanay then he'll either win an extension, or not

On 08/02/2023 at 21:31, vegas-voss said:

Can't see it.He will be 33 and I fear another GMS if it were to happen.

Always thought he was a good player though.

What about Snodgrass?  You think the same about him?

On 09/02/2023 at 18:44, ShedBoy said:

Oh-oh…. :ermm:

(ohhhh…)

Edited by Auld Reekin'

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

I like Armstrong at Killie.

I did too, but then he signed an extension with Killie (so would need to pay a fee) and he has the same agent as Walker/Cummings/Allan (Rangers minded welt). Don't think its worth bringing someone in whose likely to agitate for a move west in c12 months. 

pettigrewsstylist
On 09/02/2023 at 17:47, Sooks said:

🙂

Wrong post :(

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

pettigrewsstylist
On 09/02/2023 at 17:44, ShedBoy said:

He is too bad.

pettigrewsstylist

1. Gordon, Halkett, Beni, Boyce

2. Hill, Kuol, Humphreys

3. Smith, Snodgrass, Ginelly

4. Approaches for Sibbick, Cochrane, Shankland, Devlin, Rowles

1. Returning serious injuries may not all work out. May not find out till late pre season.

2. Loanees returning leave big  gaps in squad depth and quality.

3. Out of contract and another yr older. 

4. If the money is right then they will go for sure.

Riding crest of wave at mo but looking forward that is, potentially, one hell of a contingency plan JS/RN must be compiling. So many what ifs to look at so we are not left short come August.

Not a job i would want!

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

1. Gordon, Halkett, Beni, Boyce

2. Hill, Kuol, Humphreys

3. Smith, Snodgrass, Ginelly

4. Approaches for Sibbick, Cochrane, Shankland, Devlin, Rowles

1. Returning serious injuries may not all work out. May not find out till late pre season.

2. Loanees returning leave big  gaps in squad depth and quality.

3. Out of contract and another yr older. 

4. If the money is right then they will go for sure.

Riding crest of wave at mo but looking forward that is, potentially, one hell of a contingency plan JS/RN must be compiling. So many what ifs to look at so we are not left short come August.

Not a job i would want!

4. Shankland won’t be leaving.  The other 4 I would expect bids 

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

4. Shankland won’t be leaving.  The other 4 I would expect bids 

If Kyogo is out for a decent chunk of time, Shankland has a very good chance of going for the golden boot this season which is only going to boost his profile and interest in him. 

I'm really worried about interest from the West in him. Not now obviously, but once we get closer to the end of his current deal and I'd expect media nonsense to start this time next year. I'd feel a lot better if we could get him to sign a long term deal before the end of the season and have that confidence he's here for the long haul. We know what he can do and have given him the armband in Gordons absence. It would be a brilliant piece of business to tie him down on a similar length deal as Rowles. 

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

If Kyogo is out for a decent chunk of time, Shankland has a very good chance of going for the golden boot this season which is only going to boost his profile and interest in him. 

I'm really worried about interest from the West in him. Not now obviously, but once we get closer to the end of his current deal and I'd expect media nonsense to start this time next year. I'd feel a lot better if we could get him to sign a long term deal before the end of the season and have that confidence he's here for the long haul. We know what he can do and have given him the armband in Gordons absence. It would be a brilliant piece of business to tie him down on a similar length deal as Rowles. 

I've had a feeling for a wee while that a longer contract a la Rowles will happen.If so, that would be the best of news.

Saw Wee Lee's comments, saying Mikey Devlin was their top target in terms of a free agent CB? 

Wondering what that list looked like if he was top of it, because from what I remember of him at Aberdeen (admittedly, not much) - he was pish. 

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Saw Wee Lee's comments, saying Mikey Devlin was their top target in terms of a free agent CB? 

Wondering what that list looked like if he was top of it, because from what I remember of him at Aberdeen (admittedly, not much) - he was pish. 

Really unlucky with injuries in fairness to him. 

I know someone close to Devlin & he was subject to a major **** up during ankle surgery, which has been the constant issue for him throughout his career since. 

Leveins Battalion
On 12/02/2023 at 09:46, bobskeldon said:

I like Armstrong at Killie.

Yeah me too,he is only one of a handfull at other Scottish teams who i think could make the step up to us,would like to see what Bruce Anderson could do with better players around him,i know he failed at Aberdeen but so did Shanks.

I like Baccus at St Mirren and Dhanda at County also and apart from that theres not a lot else.

24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Really unlucky with injuries in fairness to him. 

I know someone close to Devlin & he was subject to a major **** up during ankle surgery, which has been the constant issue for him throughout his career since. 

Naw none of this in fairness stuff RRP - he's Hibs, so he's shite 🤣

Jokes aside, I have heard that his ankle issues led to additional knee and hip issues so that is unlucky. Apparently it can happen with a serious ankle injury - you compensate by shifting weight onto the other leg and can put everything out of alignment causing more damage. Genuinely don't remember much of him at Aberdeen though other than being distinctively average.

Edited by Batistuta87

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yeah me too,he is only one of a handfull at other Scottish teams who i think could make the step up to us,would like to see what Bruce Anderson could do with better players around him,i know he failed at Aberdeen but so did Shanks.

I like Baccus at St Mirren and Dhanda at County also and apart from that theres not a lot else.

Armstrong looks alright at Killie but he isn't as good as Forrest, Gino, Oda, McKay etc and not exactly young with loads of room for development - and if Johnny Russell is indeed en route, not as good as him either. A firm no from me. 

I do like Dhanda. He hasn't been superb at RC by any means, but there's just something about him. Baccus is good too - he's been an excellent signing for St Mirren and has some room for development but again not as good as our current selection of CM's.

Guess The Crowd
25 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Agree about Bruce Anderson.

Has had injury issues, but any time I’ve seen him he looks really good. Puts himself about, and a good finisher. Similarity to Shankland valid too. 

Leveins Battalion
11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Armstrong looks alright at Killie but he isn't as good as Forrest, Gino, Oda, McKay etc and not exactly young with loads of room for development - and if Johnny Russell is indeed en route, not as good as him either. A firm no from me. 

I do like Dhanda. He hasn't been superb at RC by any means, but there's just something about him. Baccus is good too - he's been an excellent signing for St Mirren and has some room for development but again not as good as our current selection of CM's.

I think the problem with Dhanda is he is playing for a defensive manager and maybe only creating 2 or 3 chances per game and most of them are for Jordan White! Not sure if it was our Liam Henshaw or another analyst but they posted the stats and outside the OF he was top of most creativity stats (xG) etc.

I'd expect more arrivals from England this Summer.

15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Agree all of that, although with Dhanda I think he's tidy player and intelligent on the ball but I have a feeling if he was here he could end up being another Mehdi Taouil.

19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I think the problem with Dhanda is he is playing for a defensive manager and maybe only creating 2 or 3 chances per game and most of them are for Jordan White! Not sure if it was our Liam Henshaw or another analyst but they posted the stats and outside the OF he was top of most creativity stats (xG) etc.

I'd expect more arrivals from England this Summer.

That's exactly it for me. He's in a team that are constantly on the back foot really, and is actually being bypassed by a lot of their play - which seems to be mostly hoofing it up to Jordan White from the back four! Any chances he does create from the midfield are probably squandered by that big huddy as well. 

Arrivals from England sounds encouraging. Any whispers on positions, where in England they're coming from (I.e. L1, Ch, etc)? 

19 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Agree all of that, although with Dhanda I think he's tidy player and intelligent on the ball but I have a feeling if he was here he could end up being another Mehdi Taouil.

Mehdi Taouil was quality 😎

Naisys Tackle
40 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

What are you basing that on?  He looks just as good if not better than Forrest and we have hardly see Oda? 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan