• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Can see Leicester going for Rowles to partner Souttar in the summer guys.

Rowles wont go to a Championship team

17 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Needs to bulk up a fair bit til he's premiership ready. Not this summer but possibly next 

14 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

In all seriousness, I wonder if and what kind of offer we can expect for Kye in the summer.  I hope zero personally, I don't care about selling players, I want us to keep the best'uns but realistically he hasn't gone unnoticed.

Even against Livvy, the commentators were swooning over him and I think he's the kind of defenders whose stats will show up very very well if that makes sense.  Souttar got headlines at the WC but if you watched the games, Kye did everything he did and good scouts see this.

Not saying £15m because unfortunately a Stoke player is worth more than a Hearts player, which is sickening.  But on a long contract, with form and reputation, not hit prime years, are we talking anywhere between £5-10M???  Are high single digits realistic here.  Would love to know where the club would see his value.  And would equally love if we've essentially made a kind of "our players are to be valued at English Championship level or eff off" type decision.

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well now that Windows shut might aswell look forward to the summer.

Will be a bit of a turnover again I'd imagine.

Potentially leaving in summer.

1. Michael Smith.

2. Connor Smith.

3. Euan Henderson.

4. GMS.

5. Peter Haring.

6. Scott McGill.

Loans ending james Hill, Garang Kuol and Stephen Humphrys.

Keep Michael Smith and Connor Smith if we can, Connor's looked good enough for more chances. Lose 4 to 6, even though GMS will bite us by scoring a winner for Dundee United or somebody one day.

Try to keep all the loanees, although we won't. Humphrys is possible, he likes the club and we like him. Hill would be a great signing, but it would mean spending. Kuol is one for the future at Newcastle, they'll be trying to get him into a Championship club next.

Tie up who we can from the above, announce Paterson and we'll be doing very well.

I wonder what the future holds for Kio, Forrest and Grant? They all have something to offer even if they haven't always clicked, but maybe we have even better players in our sights. We could say the same for Gino, but his attitude and effort has been incredible lately, I hope he stays.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

In all seriousness, I wonder if and what kind of offer we can expect for Kye in the summer.  I hope zero personally, I don't care about selling players, I want us to keep the best'uns but realistically he hasn't gone unnoticed.

Even against Livvy, the commentators were swooning over him and I think he's the kind of defenders whose stats will show up very very well if that makes sense.  Souttar got headlines at the WC but if you watched the games, Kye did everything he did and good scouts see this.

Not saying £15m because unfortunately a Stoke player is worth more than a Hearts player, which is sickening.  But on a long contract, with form and reputation, not hit prime years, are we talking anywhere between £5-10M???  Are high single digits realistic here.  Would love to know where the club would see his value.  And would equally love if we've essentially made a kind of "our players are to be valued at English Championship level or eff off" type decision.

I think if he keeps progressing he is a £5m plus player if transferred to England. Unfortunately we don’t get the same money as clubs get down there or the OF but think over £5m is very good business by the club. 

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I just came up with the same valuation for him. Souttar was one of the defenders of the tournament in Qatar, I'm surprised he's not gone to Liverpool or Chelsea, but fortunately that overshadowed how solid Rowles always is, he rarely puts a foot wrong.

Mind you, I hope he goes nowhere for a long time.

Obviously crucial we retain as much of the squad as possible more than anything. If anyone does leave, Savage will ensure it’s for good money.

I do wonder about the future though as another season of European/third place prize money (not secured yet I would add) would put us well beyond all other non OF clubs.

Will it perhaps see us spending more in fees/wages for a couple players than we’ve seen previously? 

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Oh well, another year of waiting..... 😉 

Agree terms and put three offers in next January 🤔?!?!

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Paterson is a must 

Why is it a must? What if Wednesday get promoted and he's offered a far better deal to stay with them in the Championship. 

Stop being so dramatic. Will we get relegated if he doesn't sign!! Of course it isn't a must!!! 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I just came up with the same valuation for him. Souttar was one of the defenders of the tournament in Qatar, I'm surprised he's not gone to Liverpool or Chelsea, but fortunately that overshadowed how solid Rowles always is, he rarely puts a foot wrong.

Games like tonight will be where he needs to excel, not away at Livingston. 
Souttar was better than Rowles in the WC but will do better in a team that defends deep as opposed to the two teams you mentioned. 

Dependent on what European stage we get (we need to secure group stage, and hopefully we can do so like last year without having to depend on a playoff either way) then all I would like in the summer is improvement to the point we can be more competitive. I’m not saying enough to get through to Knock-outs etc, but at least a level above than where we are now. And if we have outgoings, to make sure we don’t lack the strength in depth like we found ourselves at the end of last summer’s window.

36 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I think if he keeps progressing he is a £5m plus player if transferred to England. Unfortunately we don’t get the same money as clubs get down there or the OF but think over £5m is very good business by the club. 

33 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Agree with all of this.  Souttar does well at Leicester, a bigger club will come.  Decent move in that if he finds his level there, that's far from bad for a career, but has the chance to step up like maybe that huddy Maguire did (I mean, I'd rather have Kye... £80m please!)

Also £5m probably is right and we'd be happy.  BUUUUUUUT I also do think that's a very SPFL valuation on a guy who genuinely stood out at the WC and hasn't put a foot wrong all season.  If he finishes the season strongly again, maybe a couple more good performances for Aus, maybe does well for us in Europe (so we're now talking next Jan or summer 24) I think £5M is actualy English clubs taking the piss and I do wonder if the club is maybe feeling pretty cock sure these days and will tell English suitors this...?

Never know until £5m is on the table I suppose!!!!! Andy McKinlay might faint and Joe run off with the briefcase!

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Wonder if we might look to the South American markets.

Ooh, what makes you think that? Do you have some insider information? Other than the fact Savage said we were already doing that on the radio last night!!! 

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Ooh, what makes you think that? Do you have some insider information? Other than the fact Savage said we were already doing that on the radio last night!!! 

What makes me think that?….probably the fact that it’s been mentioned before.I have no inside info,and thanks for the customary dig. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Don't think Savage or Mckinlay will take a mere £5M for Rowles; it's already been described as 'tiny' and 'a punt', remember

Although he's still to show that the potential is converted to actual worth

Drylaw Hearts

GK (depending on CG)

RWB x 2 (Probably CP plus a good prospect)

CH (Hill on another years loan would be ok)

Midfield needs work for me. We don’t have a proper big shithouse defensive midfielder or a real attacking threat from the middle if the park either.

A winger for either side of the park.

Striker x2 (we need a regular goalscorer other than Shankland)

I’d keep Micheal Smith around if we have the budget. Can cover RM, CH and CM if required.

Heading for the exit…..

Atkinson

Haring

Grant

Kio

GMS

Forrest

We have the money to get upgrades on these guys.

Ginnelly is the only one I’m still on the fence about. If we can get better then we should but I wouldn’t be unhappy if he stayed. 

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

:laugh4:

3 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I've heard we are in for Paterson from Sheffield Wednesday 

Heard that too. Couple of sources in the club. Don’t want to say who. 

1 hour ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

GK (depending on CG)

RWB x 2 (Probably CP plus a good prospect)

CH (Hill on another years loan would be ok)

Midfield needs work for me. We don’t have a proper big shithouse defensive midfielder or a real attacking threat from the middle if the park either.

A winger for either side of the park.

Striker x2 (we need a regular goalscorer other than Shankland)

I’d keep Micheal Smith around if we have the budget. Can cover RM, CH and CM if required.

Heading for the exit…..

Atkinson

Haring

Grant

Kio

GMS

Forrest

We have the money to get upgrades on these guys.

Ginnelly is the only one I’m still on the fence about. If we can get better then we should but I wouldn’t be unhappy if he stayed. 

So in summary you want a new GK, RWB, CH, 2 CMs, a winger and two strikers?! 🤣

8 players?! 

Thank god we are fan owned and not fan ran...

Drylaw Hearts
28 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

So in summary you want a new GK, RWB, CH, 2 CMs, a winger and two strikers?! 🤣

8 players?! 

Thank god we are fan owned and not fan ran...

Problem?

Depending on CG’s recovery we will need a new GK.

Atkinson doesn’t look the part imo and Smith is going to be a bit part player next season so we need a replacement and a back-up.

If Hill doesn’t stay we need a replacement.

Maximum 4 out and 4 in so far.

We should definitely explore replacing Haring, Kio and Grant with better if we can. Haring will go anyway and neither Kio or Grant are doing it for me.

That’s 7 for 7.

GMS is out of contract and Forrest is a bit meh. I’d rather have 2 new wingers.

We have 2 strikers on loan and neither are guaranteed to be here next season.

Thats 9 for 9.

I have no problems with us exploring the opportunity to improve as many positions as possible each summer.

No point in standing still. We need to improve to increase the gap to those below us. We are only 2 wins better off than Hibs and Aberdeen at this stage….we need better players all over the pitch imo.

4 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Problem?

Depending on CG’s recovery we will need a new GK.

Atkinson doesn’t look the part imo and Smith is going to be a bit part player next season so we need a replacement and a back-up.

If Hill doesn’t stay we need a replacement.

Maximum 4 out and 4 in so far.

We should definitely explore replacing Haring, Kio and Grant with better if we can. Haring will go anyway and neither Kio or Grant are doing it for me.

That’s 7 for 7.

GMS is out of contract and Forrest is a bit meh. I’d rather have 2 new wingers.

We have 2 strikers on loan and neither are guaranteed to be here next season.

Thats 9 for 9.

I have no problems with us exploring the opportunity to improve as many positions as possible each summer.

No point in standing still. We need to improve to increase the gap to those below us. We are only 2 wins better off than Hibs and Aberdeen at this stage….we need better players all over the pitch imo.

CG is already back in training and we also have a good up and coming young keeper.

I think Smith gets a new contract but we will probably add a RB/RWB to that.

Hill was cover for Halkett who will be back from injury. 

Kio we spent money on and got the nod on the weekend, totally up in the air if he stays or goes but the management clearly like him.

Grant won't be going anywhere and Beni will be back.

GMS will be gone but Forrest won't be going anywhere either.

Humphrys may or may not stay but we have Boyce coming back too. 

So absolutely not 9/9.

Drylaw Hearts
2 hours ago, DxB Hearts said:

CG is already back in training and we also have a good up and coming young keeper.

I think Smith gets a new contract but we will probably add a RB/RWB to that.

Hill was cover for Halkett who will be back from injury. 

Kio we spent money on and got the nod on the weekend, totally up in the air if he stays or goes but the management clearly like him.

Grant won't be going anywhere and Beni will be back.

GMS will be gone but Forrest won't be going anywhere either.

Humphrys may or may not stay but we have Boyce coming back too. 

So absolutely not 9/9.

Time will tell.

If Gordon, Halkett and Humphrys stay we’ll sign 6.

If you think that isn’t possible then you’ve clearly not been paying attention to our previous windows.

We will see at least 5 or 6 new faces in the next window.

6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Why is it a must? What if Wednesday get promoted and he's offered a far better deal to stay with them in the Championship. 

Stop being so dramatic. Will we get relegated if he doesn't sign!! Of course it isn't a must!!! 

offered cash sheff wed knocked it back   deal wi it or are you going to repeat the same sentence for the next few months.

Personally don’t think we will see Paterson in the summer.

He’s got one decent contract left in him and would probably be a decent signing for a lower level Championship side or ambitious League 1 side who will have the ability to pay more than we can.

7 hours ago, jtkb said:

Oh goody another 4 months of what Pattersons best position is 😁 

Thats not a debate his best position is at Sheff Wed

6 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Wonder if we might look to the South American markets.

Feck off 🤣 pretty sure the club said this 24hours or so before your post 🤣🤣

Edited by sadj

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Why do you think that?

They will have to sell first team players and Humphrys has been alright for them before at L1 level.   Can't see them giving him away for sweeties unless Wee Shan creates a miracle. 

jamboinglasgow

Listening to Joe Savage on Tuesday night on Sportsound, it does look like that when it comes to our transfer strategy that Summer is when our main business is done while January is about utilising the loan market as well as signing players from the Far East.

So it least gives some direction to what we will be doing in the summer. Provided we get in the same position as last summer (guaranteed group stage Europa Conference League football) then it becomes an interesting mix of signings. I do think Gino, M. Smith and Snodgrass will sign new contracts, I think Humphrys will be permanent and I am optimistic we can retain Kuol for another season. So it means we dont have to make as many signings so could spend more on better quality recruits. Add in Halkett, Boyce and Beni being fully fit again.

gorgierulesapply88
46 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Listening to Joe Savage on Tuesday night on Sportsound, it does look like that when it comes to our transfer strategy that Summer is when our main business is done while January is about utilising the loan market as well as signing players from the Far East.

So it least gives some direction to what we will be doing in the summer. Provided we get in the same position as last summer (guaranteed group stage Europa Conference League football) then it becomes an interesting mix of signings. I do think Gino, M. Smith and Snodgrass will sign new contracts, I think Humphrys will be permanent and I am optimistic we can retain Kuol for another season. So it means we dont have to make as many signings so could spend more on better quality recruits. Add in Halkett, Boyce and Beni being fully fit again.

Kuol needs to do pre-season with Newcastle. Better standard of player to train with, and then hopefully comes back until the January. He should then go back down there, and into their under 23s and around the 1st team to progress.

On 01/02/2023 at 10:53, Dazo said:

Well wee will get over 5m player International that played at the World Cup ! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Dr Funk scored a peach at the weekend but then got a bad injury 🤦‍♂️ FFS

Didnt realise he got injured, lovely first time volley on the turn. If the injury is not too serious, become the forgotten man there again whilst getting a break from game.

A lot of fear in the air, his sudden return to popularity will see him stay, cant imagine Joe Savage would go full tonto unless he has firm assurances, so hope he makes a swift recovery either way

Edit: :lol: Suspected cramp playing......

Callum Paterson 7

Deployed in an unusual right wing-back position but silenced any doubters by scoring a beauty. Was his usual busy self before hobbling off just before the hour after pulling up unchallenged

Edited by Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan