• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Surprised at that, thought McGill was meant to be a good prospect??

Same.  Surprised at that.

Academy not doing so good these days hopefully b team can get us some lads in to first team  i trust naisy to do that 

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Connor Smith hasn't been offered a new deal either which like McGills quite surprising. 

Noticed they are both 21. Maybe the coaches had been hoping they'd have kicked on a bit more by now. 

I actually think Smith has done ok when he's played. I reckon Neilson will revaluate him in the summer after his loan spell to see if he deserves another extension, something similar to Henderson.

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Noticed they are both 21. Maybe the coaches had been hoping they'd have kicked on a bit more by now. 

I actually think Smith has done ok when he's played. I reckon Neilson will revaluate him in the summer after his loan spell to see if he deserves another extension, something similar to Henderson.

Yeah agree with all that mate.

jamboinglasgow
26 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Connor Smith hasn't been offered a new deal either which like McGills quite surprising. 

Is that something you have heard or where did you read that?

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Is that something you have heard or where did you read that?

Something I've heard sorry.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Something I've heard sorry.

no worries, I would not be surprised if he is let go at the end of the season, think Hearts are trying to clear fringe youngsters who are older as it clears the way for the younger ones to come through. But it is a shame that he could not establish himself into the first team.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

no worries, I would not be surprised if he is let go at the end of the season, think Hearts are trying to clear fringe youngsters who are older as it clears the way for the younger ones to come through. But it is a shame that he could not establish himself into the first team.

Yeah that was also the impression I was given too tbh.  Totally, still think he will go on to have a pretty good career. 

6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah that was also the impression I was given too tbh.  Totally, still think he will go on to have a pretty good career. 

Absolutely.  Connor Smith will have a solid SPFL Prem career imo.  Look at Liam Smith, I'd say he can easily be of that level.  Harry Paton also gone on to do pretty well all in all.  May be he and these other boys have to drop to come back up I guess.

I like that Hearts are being clear about this and giving them time (and maybe help) to find new clubs.

21 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Callum Paterson 7

Deployed in an unusual right wing-back position but silenced any doubters by scoring a beauty. Was his usual busy self before hobbling off just before the hour after pulling up unchallenged

What?! Paterson at RWB?? Total head in hands moment for all at Sheffield Wed imo. 

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Always had high hopes for Cammy Logan and Connor Smith. 

As did I. Logan was always slated to be a natural fit for the RB slot. 

1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

What?! Paterson at RWB?? Total head in hands moment for all at Sheffield Wed imo. 

He hasn't played there for a squillion years don't you know, and when he did Scotland got beat 14-0 and he was at fault for 13.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Youngsters have had their opportunity I daresay, the bar is now considerably higher for reaching the first team, probably be the pattern for a few years yet

Thought McGill might have been kept on and maybe given another year to prove himself (not to speculate but suppose there's every chance he's been offered that but turned it down in search of a longer term deal?), but haven't really seen much of the others. Based on the recruitment they've done, I've every faith that the decision that has been made is the right one. 

Edited by Batistuta87

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He hasn't played there for a squillion years don't you know, and when he did Scotland got beat 14-0 and he was at fault for 13.

Let’s hope Robbie doesn’t get wind of this deviancy 🙏🏻

i wish jj was my dad
21 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Didnt realise he got injured, lovely first time volley on the turn. If the injury is not too serious, become the forgotten man there again whilst getting a break from game.

A lot of fear in the air, his sudden return to popularity will see him stay, cant imagine Joe Savage would go full tonto unless he has firm assurances, so hope he makes a swift recovery either way

Edit: :lol: Suspected cramp playing......

Callum Paterson 7

Deployed in an unusual right wing-back position but silenced any doubters by scoring a beauty. Was his usual busy self before hobbling off just before the hour after pulling up unchallenged

OMG, this could be a trigger. If only Sheffield Wednesday read JKB we could have told them Callum can't play there and hasn't done since  2016. 

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Thought McGill might have been kept on and maybe given another year to prove himself (not to speculate but suppose there's every chance he's been offered that but turned it down in search of a longer term deal?), but haven't really seen much of the others. Based on the recruitment they've done, I've every faith that the decision that has been made is the right one. 

He's not been offered a new deal and may need to go part time

11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

never been impressed with McGill, never understood his hype. Pollock is the one i'm excited with and want to see more of

Is this based on watching him for us in a couple league cup games or when he was out on loan? 

11 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

He's not been offered a new deal and may need to go part time

Ah well. Hope he finds another club but I suppose "that's football" and if he's not good enough for Hearts he should be moved on. 

2 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Don't think we'll be signing him. Not massively bothered personally - would have been a good addition but not "make us or break us" stuff. 

Be interesting to see if Patterson agrees new deal with them doubt we can match silly wages these debt ridden english clubs can offer. Will come down to cash or ambition i suppose roll on the summer transfer thread will he won't he 😁 

I don’t see us signing Paterson, I think he will agree a new contract at Sheffield We’d.

I think we were only realistically interested because he was into his last 6 months.

46 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Absolutely.  Connor Smith will have a solid SPFL Prem career imo.  Look at Liam Smith, I'd say he can easily be of that level.  Harry Paton also gone on to do pretty well all in all.  May be he and these other boys have to drop to come back up I guess.

I like that Hearts are being clear about this and giving them time (and maybe help) to find new clubs.

Agreed regarding Connor Smith. Looked really good as a youngster and watched him a few times over the years in younger teams. He’s now at the stage in his career he’s actually best to leave as we seem to be mucking him about a bit. If there is better youngsters coming through then good but as others have said I think he will have a decent career. 

6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Agreed regarding Connor Smith. Looked really good as a youngster and watched him a few times over the years in younger teams. He’s now at the stage in his career he’s actually best to leave as we seem to be mucking him about a bit. If there is better youngsters coming through then good but as others have said I think he will have a decent career. 

What is interesting is we are just releasing all these boys.  No messing about trying to get comp etc, which is totally the correct thing if you don't think they have a chance.

You do wonder if there might be a way to have things like a buy-back clause, but I guess not as they'll be free agents and we'll have no say or right to anything.

Glamorgan Jambo

Paterson’s current contract with Wednesday is huge. It’s the tail end of a contract handed out by Warnock when he was at Cardiff.

there’s no way Wednesday will come remotely close to it with their new offer. Just remains to be seen whether they offer more that we did (which he’d agreed to) and whether that will stop him moving back close to home. Also his chances of getting back to the Scotland set up are better here than at a top League 1/struggling championship side.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Paterson will be a Hearts player unless he goes back on his word, or Joe Savage is telling porkies

Absolute Scenes
52 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Is this based on watching him for us in a couple league cup games or when he was out on loan? 

both. He was decent at Airdrie, but so was Henderson at Alloa. 

What struck me was actually in the pre season friendly against Stoke - pretty sure he and Pollock were playing together, and Pollock just stood out. McGills passing was all off and nothing really came off for him. I know it was just a friendly but it just struck a chord with the stark differences in where both players were at. Pollock looked like he'd been playing for the first team for years. 

8 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’d be astonished if CP isn’t a Hearts player in the summer. 

Was there not chat that he wanted back home to Scotland?

10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

both. He was decent at Airdrie, but so was Henderson at Alloa. 

What struck me was actually in the pre season friendly against Stoke - pretty sure he and Pollock were playing together, and Pollock just stood out. McGills passing was all off and nothing really came off for him. I know it was just a friendly but it just struck a chord with the stark differences in where both players were at. Pollock looked like he'd been playing for the first team for years. 

Fair enough. Yeah I agree Pollock looks a good prospect and I'm surprised he's not been given more opportunities to impress. Any time he's come on he's done well.

bringonthesevco
On 01/02/2023 at 09:33, Victorian said:

I would make Ginnelly the top earner at the club on at least a 3 year contract.  His earning potential in England will be substantial so if we want him,  we'll need to pay the most we can.  

Love the humour .....

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He's 21 now, he needs to be playing regularly.

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

What makes you say that we've mucked him about? 

The way I see it is that he's just not good enough.

Edited by Batistuta87

Football Scotland giving it a half attempt at predicting a few of our targets for the summer.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/5-hearts-summer-transfer-options-26178463

CP is a given seeing as we've talked openly about it.

Mickey Johnston is one that I think fits our signing policy very well and would be a class signing for us.

Two keepers make little sense and a Korean lad who hasn't had a club in a year round the list off, a bit bizarrely.

4 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Football Scotland giving it a half attempt at predicting a few of our targets for the summer.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/5-hearts-summer-transfer-options-26178463

CP is a given seeing as we've talked openly about it.

Mickey Johnston is one that I think fits our signing policy very well and would be a class signing for us.

Two keepers make little sense and a Korean lad who hasn't had a club in a year round the list off, a bit bizarrely.

Paterson, a random Korean guy and 3 ex OF players.  Investigative journalism at its finest.  Spotlight, look out.

joondalupjambo

Paterson has probably made his money, no?  Been in England for several years, Premier League wages then really good contract(s) since I would assume.  He could come back up here and still earn really good wages, cream on top especially if he has invested wisely over the years.  That to me means if his aim is to get back home then he can afford to get Sheffield Wednesday to make a good offer and play that against what Hearts will offer and meet somewhere in the middle or a wee bit better.  I suspect if it is that he wants home he will not be hard to deal with in the summer.

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Paterson has probably made his money, no?  Been in England for several years, Premier League wages then really good contract(s) since I would assume.  He could come back up here and still earn really good wages, cream on top especially if he has invested wisely over the years.  That to me means if his aim is to get back home then he can afford to get Sheffield Wednesday to make a good offer and play that against what Hearts will offer and meet somewhere in the middle or a wee bit better.  I suspect if it is that he wants home he will not be hard to deal with in the summer.

After playing in the Premiership, championship... surely he fancies some European group stage football...?

13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

What makes you say that we've mucked him about? 

The way I see it is that he's just not good enough.

He might no be good enough as you say, but we offered him another year’s extension at end of last season. He had already been on loan but other than a couple of 20 minute periods on the pitch he’s been sat on the bench for most parts and very little appearances for the B team. Was just thinking him & Henderson were only given deals to make up the numbers for Europe ( home grown players). Was just stating the time is right for him to fly the nest for good. A move back to Queen’s Park maybe? 

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Youngsters have had their opportunity I daresay, the bar is now considerably higher for reaching the first team, probably be the pattern for a few years yet

Good.

How many youths we've released over the years have went on to bigger and better things than Hearts? Not many. The club pretty much always gets these calls right.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Good.

I would expect it means the club is thriving, still be good to have a couple who could compete for a place, but harder every year for them on the current curve

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan