*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Well now that Windows shut might aswell look forward to the summer.

Will be a bit of a turnover again I'd imagine.

Potentially leaving in summer.

1. Michael Smith.

2. Connor Smith.

3. Euan Henderson.

4. GMS.

5. Peter Haring.

6. Scott McGill.

Loans ending james Hill, Garang Kuol and Stephen Humphrys.

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

1. Michael Smith.

2. Connor Smith.

3. Euan Henderson.

4. GMS.

5. Peter Haring.

6. Scott McGill.

Pretty sure MS has another year automatically triggered already. And he's well worth it.

We're in a pretty good place for the summer. Not a huge amount out of contract and key players tied down.

Can’t imagine we’ll have a massive turnover of players in the summer. Couple of loans and 4 or 5 fringe players on the outs, 5 or 6 in unless we have some mega bids for our important players.Β 

alicante jambo
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

1. Michael Smith.

2. Connor Smith.

3. Euan Henderson.

4. GMS.

5. Peter Haring.

6. Scott McGill.

Not many i would be sad to see go tbh. Hill i assume would be miles out our wage structure to sign full time but would think we could get humphries signed. Koul obviously here to develop. We may add a couple in the summer.

Think we'll get Humphrys on a permanent deal. Hopefully we extend both Gino & Snodgrass too.

Β 

GMS & Haring will be out the door, can't see any point in keeping either, thanks for your service (especially Pete) & move on. Kio's one that as it stands I think we'll look to offload for a fee, still time to prove himself but if he can't get a game then I can't see us keeping him & I've no idea where he fits into a strong midfield, he won't be a top earner but if we paid money for him his wages will probably be higher than most of the other squad players, harsh maybe but that's football.

Humphreys would be great to keep if it's possible, and I wonder if we could keep Kuol for another year.Β 

Β 

Smith will stay, I think Snodgrass will stay, not sure about Gino. I'd expect the rest to leave.Β 

Β 

This summer might be the time to say goodbye to some of our assets.

Β 

Absolute Scenes

Smith will be great bench cover

Snodgrass ideally signs another year, or two

Humps to sign perm

Paterson to signΒ 

Gino to extend

Hill may well look to continue his development with us if European football is on the cards

Maybe tsp into the Japanese/Korean market again for a Kuol typeΒ 

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Think we'll get Humphrys on a permanent deal. Hopefully we extend both Gino & Snodgrass too.

Β 

GMS & Haring will be out the door, can't see any point in keeping either, thanks for your service (especially Pete) & move on. Kio's one that as it stands I think we'll look to offload for a fee, still time to prove himself but if he can't get a game then I can't see us keeping him & I've no idea where he fits into a strong midfield, he won't be a top earner but if we paid money for him his wages will probably be higher than most of the other squad players, harsh maybe but that's football.

With Beni coming back, that leaves him, Devlin and Snods fighting over two places - Kio moves further down

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

With Beni coming back, that leaves him, Devlin and Snods fighting over two places - Kio moves further down

Subject to Beni coming back at the level he was atΒ 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Subject to Beni coming back at the level he was atΒ 

well there's that yeah! Hoping he does.

5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Only one I'd be a bit reluctant to let go would be Michael Smith

Agreed, he might not play every game but he’s become an absolute stalwart for Hearts and is always ready to be called on when fit. If he’s happy to take a smaller role I would be happy for him to see his career out at Hearts, future coach potentially.Β 

Encouraging words from Humphrys on a permanent move. Seems he's loving life here and is open to it:

Β 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/exclusive-stephen-humphrys-open-to-a-permanent-hearts-move-after-making-his-feelings-clear-on-wigan-return-4008484Β 

Β 

Edited by Batistuta87

Subject to all loanees leaving (Hill, Garang and Humps), I'd say we NEED

Β 

RWB

RCB/CD

WInger/10

Striker

Β 

Any more would be bonus, but I think if we lose 3 loanees, plus I guess definitely Pete and GMS neither of whom have had impact, then the above at high quality does it.

Β 

If more leave (Natty, Kio, Smith...?), then we perhaps need more as direct positional replacements hopefully of higher standard than the ones who leave.

Β 

All about continual improvement.Β  For example, I want Gino to stay, most def, but if he doesnt and we replace with better, then all good.

Β 

And also there WILL be teams in for our players.Β  Expect bids for Kye, Cam and Cochrane at least.Β  It'll depend on if they player wants to go whether we even entertain a bid, even a sizeable one, I think.

11 minutes ago, R08813 said:

Agreed, he might not play every game but he’s become an absolute stalwart for Hearts and is always ready to be called on when fit. If he’s happy to take a smaller role I would be happy for him to see his career out at Hearts, future coach potentially.Β 

I mean it's up to him, I can see us getting a permanent replacement for him in the window and if he's happy being used as a sub for the vast majority of games then fair play. I have a sneaky suspicion he'll retire soon and go into coaching for us as you said.

I would make Ginnelly the top earner at the club on at least a 3 year contract.Β  His earning potential in England will be substantial so if we want him,Β  we'll need to pay the most we can.Β Β 

52 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Pretty sure MS has another year automatically triggered already. And he's well worth it.

I was about to say we will offer him aΒ  year if he wants to continue playing.Everyone else I reckon will be punted

Lord Beni of Gorgie
49 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

When does Jimmy Dunnes contract end?Β 

Goodwillie worth a try?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I've heard we are in for Paterson from Sheffield WednesdayΒ 

Cant see him coming back, he loves it down there

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm not against Humphrys signing up, I like him, but if we can do better for the money, well not against that either. Certainly something different to the others, no bad thing

Mick Smith would be great cover and especially so I think as RCH of a 3...I don't age would diminish his ability to compete well for us in that specific position...12 month deal for me with cover in mind....

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

And that's fine. As long as it suits our valuation...best of luck to whomever it may be, & thanks for the millions.Β 

Β 

We then upgrade. As is already in the pipeline, going by both Neilson & Savage's words.

Β 

Robster could end the fun of this thread in 5 minutes, we know what we are doing in the summer already

Β 

:wow:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, GavK1012 said:

Mick Smith would be great cover and especially so I think as RCH of a 3...I don't age would diminish his ability to compete well for us in that specific position...12 month deal for me with cover in mind....

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

12 months for Smith, he plays against bottom 6 teams like Hibs and Aberdeen, allowing the stars some rest for the big games πŸ˜‰Β He has more than earned it this season

1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

πŸ‘ He has if he wants it. Think it depends on how his back is at end of seasonΒ 

- Beni in to replace haring.

- Humphreys permanent.

- Move on and replace gms and Henderson with players good enough to have been starters for us last season

- Replace anyone we sell for ridiculous money

- One shock signing/loan signing that will blow us away with the quality we’ve been able to bring in

Β 

Good enough for me

Β 

Edit: Oh and a rcb. Hill preferably.

Edited by Dayman

11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd like us to get a quality midfielder in.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

This team, who already have so much potential to get better with an addition here or there which adds more quality would immediately become one of the best we've seen in a long time with a Hartley/Cameron type midfielder. Someone who arrives in the box continually and contributes big goals.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Β 

Β 

This team, who already have so much potential to get better with an addition here or there which adds more quality would immediately become one of the best we've seen in a long time with a Hartley/Cameron type midfielder. Someone who arrives in the box continually and contributes big goals.

Β 

Yip, we're Messing that piece.Β 

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Only one I'd be a bit reluctant to let go would be Michael Smith

It’s the one area I’d say we really need to strengthen first. Smith might be worth another year and while he is defensively and positionally sound his pace is going to be a big factor.Β 
Β 

Other than that a centre midfielder.Β 

Edited by Dazo

I'd be keeping Smith and Snodgrass on further 1 year deals.Β 

Β 

I'm not nearly as hung up as some on keeping BOTH Humphrys and Ginnelly as I believe Neilson/Savage to be extremely bullish and ambitious as to who we will go after up front. I think if we retain one of them that will be fine as I expect us to spend a significant chunk of available cash, be that transfer fee or wages (or both) on a striker or two. Also there is the question of Kuol and whether Newcastle will loan him out again, which I think is highly likely given what they will do in the summer themselves.Β 

New right sided defender is a must for us in the summer. If shanks reaches 30 can see us getting offers for him. Huns do not need to apply Uncle Joe is right they do not have the cash to buy him.Β 

Dick Dastardly
48 minutes ago, Barack said:

Β 

Joking aside, in regards to our CB roles. I honestly think we'll look to replace Halkett too. For a couple of reasons. One being obvious. Neilson will go out on loan, imoΒ 

Β 

And I completely forgot about Beni. That's a new signing right there.Β 

Β 

If Sheffield Wednesday go up....interesting conundrum.Β 

I'm not sure about Halkett, depends if he can stay injury free. Would be a shame to lose him. Nelson looked pretty good to begin with when we needed him. He definitely has potential.Β 

1 minute ago, grumpyespana said:

Can see Leicester going for Rowles to partner Souttar in the summer guys.

Zero chance of that. Rowles isn’t a premiership centre half yet imo.Β 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, grumpyespana said:

Can see Leicester going for Rowles to partner Souttar in the summer guys.

Β 

Wouldn't be a suprise,Β  but maybe next again year.

Clubs imo will wantΒ  see how he performs over a longer time and in Europe.Β 

Β 

I can slso see Cochrane going back down south, even if to the top end of the Championship.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan