Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, jambo191 said:

Has agreed to join us in the Summer, according to one of my friends that knows him well.

Could be a good signing, he is meant to be a right character in the squads he has been in.

Can’t say I have watched much MLS but seems he has done fairly well over there.

I was saying to my brother yesterday that guys like him and Stuart Armstrong are exactly the type I expect us to be going for.

Always really liked him.

He was on fire a couple of Seasons ago banging in the goals , I think he may have been top scorer in the League

Saw a lot of games when Sky were covering the MLS  and he looked superb

I don’t think he has hit the same heights lately but maybe injuries so not sure

I have no idea where MLS is shown these days it just seemed to have disappeared

4 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

He was on fire a couple of Seasons ago banging in the goals , I think he may have been top scorer in the League

Saw a lot of games when Sky were covering the MLS  and he looked superb

I don’t think he has hit the same heights lately but maybe injuries so not sure

I have no idea where MLS is shown these days it just seemed to have disappeared

apple tv have the mls coverage

25 minutes ago, Rods said:

Kelty Hearts more like

Oooh, edgy.

He’d be good for us for maybe a season or so. That’s perhaps all, but stop trying to be so ‘out there’.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Oooh, edgy.

He’d be good for us for maybe a season or so. That’s perhaps all, but stop trying to be so ‘out there’.

I thought that about GMS 

People not fancying him must never have watched him. A quality player, even at his age. 

However, as pointed out he's under contract til December 31 and one if his teams most important players so can't see how it'd work in the summer. Would be pleasantly surprised if we were to get him.

It's been evident for a while we will always be looking to have 3 or4 more experienced Scottish players in the squad, guys who are maybe returning home after making significant money elsewhere but still have the ability to impact the team. They won't be signing for the Old Firm at this stage of their careers and Hearts are a brilliant option for them as they are for us. 

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I thought that about GMS 

Don't you think GMS is a special case? Something  went wrong somewhere and we got the worst bit of an already clear decline. If Russell arrived with the same appetite as Snodgrass it's maybe worth considering. Though the OP may be a load of shite.

Edited by Riccarton3

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I thought that about GMS 

He's miles better than GMS ever was though. And that's not a dig at GMS, I thought he'd do well for us, and actually think he's been nowhere near as bad as made out, but Russell is a far better and more consistent player.

millerjames398
16 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Johnny, won't you come on home.  

Never say never again

😂😂as long as he's not sorry for coming on home😂😂🇱🇻

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Don't you think GMS is a special case? Something  went wrong somewhere and we got the worst bit of an already clear decline. If Russell arrived with the same appetite as Snodgrass it's maybe worth considering. Though the OP may be a load of shite.

One thing about Russell he always seemed to be a lot more aggressive than GMS , bit more bite and fight for the cause about him

Geoff Kilpatrick

I was wrong about Snodgrass, so I'll suspend judgement on this one. Nice to see this get its own thread though as opposed to being wrapped up into some "super thread".

50 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Turns 33 this year. Contracted until December 31st. 

Their season is just about to start and doesn’t finish till October. Can’t see him coming to us mid season walking away from his last big money. maybe January but doubtful this summer

There's an inherent risk in signing anyone at his age, but there are also quite a few examples of players performing in this league well into their 30s. Steven Fletcher is 3 years older than Russell and has probably given Rowles his toughest tests this season.

I've always rated him and 69 appearances and 26 goals over the last 2 years suggests he's keeping fit and still performing.

We do need to avoid having too many 30+ year olds though. If Snodgrass stays on I don't think we'll have room for many more.

Cameronstheman
22 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

There's an inherent risk in signing anyone at his age, but there are also quite a few examples of players performing in this league well into their 30s. Steven Fletcher is 3 years older than Russell and has probably given Rowles his toughest tests this season.

I've always rated him and 69 appearances and 26 goals over the last 2 years suggests he's keeping fit and still performing.

We do need to avoid having too many 30+ year olds though. If Snodgrass stays on I don't think we'll have room for many more.

Dont get that take at all

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Kelty Hearts more like

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Nah this must be a joke.  Guy is 33 and wasn’t even that great when he was last in Scotland.

59 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Underwhelming.

What :lol: 

He’s a class act.

39 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I was wrong about Snodgrass, so I'll suspend judgement on this one. Nice to see this get its own thread though as opposed to being wrapped up into some "super thread".

timing is everything in comedy

39 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Got to remember that by the summer of 2024 we may be saying goodbye or already have done so to numerous players; Gordon, Smith, GMS, Boyce, Halliday, Snodgrass may all be gone or going. So we will need to continue to bring in the right sort of experienced players.

11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He's got a son called Julius ffs. Sorry, but it's a big no from me.

That's shocking, he had the chance to call him Jack as well :vrface:

Dick Dastardly
9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

That's shocking, he had the chance to call him Jack as well :vrface:

Yeah, but he probably would have used a modern spelling like Gac or Djak. 

Naisys Tackle
19 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He's got a son called Julius ffs. Sorry, but it's a big no from me.

We have goalie called Zander also so its no big deal.

Dick Dastardly
15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We have goalie called Zander also so its no big deal.

But his real name is Alexander, surely? If not his parents need an afternoon in a pillory. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

What :lol: 

He’s a class act.

Not as good as what we already have. If he is coming to sit on the bench for a low wage back up maybe but not what we need.

10 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Not as good as what we already have. If he is coming to sit on the bench for a low wage back up maybe but not what we need.

Are there two Johnny Russells or something?

I wonder if we dodged a bullet with failing to bag Paterson. I'm wondering about how much noise would've been generated had we splashed out only for a rapid injury to occur. Plenty of time to recover for summer.

Anyhoo, The Sheffield Star is still referring to us as The Jammies.

Big fears over seriousness of injury to in-form Sheffield Wednesday man linked with Hearts switch

There are serious concerns behind the scenes at Sheffield Wednesday as to the possible timescale of an injury to in-form cult hero Callum Paterson, The Star understands.

The Scotland international pulled up with a worrying-looking hamstring injury an hour into their 1-0 win over Plymouth Argyle on Saturday, a match in which he was putting in a eye-catching performance on the right wing and had earlier cored what proved to be the winner.

After a difficult start to the campaign, the 28-year-old fought his was back into the side to start six of the Owls’ last eight League One matches.

Paterson had been the subject of interest from Scottish side Hearts throughout January, with the Jammies having tabled a six-figure bid on deadline day.

Though no ultimate timescale has yet been set and early treatment of the injury will continue, it is believed the early prognosis of Paterson’s issue has thrown up fears he could be set for an extended period on the sidelines.

“Once I get to press on Friday I’ll be able to address it properly once I see the medical team and I know the extent of it,” said a non-committal Moore when speaking to The Star about Paterson’s situation on Tuesday evening.

“I don’t want to speak too early on these because it’s not my area of expertise. Once I get to the doctor and have a good chat with him – which will be tomorrow [Wednesday] – I’ll be able to say a bit more on Friday.”

Ricardo Quaresma

If there's any truth in the russell story, surely his team have overreached and want to loan him out for the rest of the year

That's if the big salary he is on is also true

scott herbertson
7 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Johnny, won't you come on home.  

Never say never again

More like

Good player and good enough for our division. Well worth a year. 

33? Thank feck Sandy Jardine didn't have the judgement of JKB when he signed.

5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I wonder if we dodged a bullet with failing to bag Paterson. I'm wondering about how much noise would've been generated had we splashed out only for a rapid injury to occur. Plenty of time to recover for summer.

Anyhoo, The Sheffield Star is still referring to us as The Jammies.

Big fears over seriousness of injury to in-form Sheffield Wednesday man linked with Hearts switch

There are serious concerns behind the scenes at Sheffield Wednesday as to the possible timescale of an injury to in-form cult hero Callum Paterson, The Star understands.

The Scotland international pulled up with a worrying-looking hamstring injury an hour into their 1-0 win over Plymouth Argyle on Saturday, a match in which he was putting in a eye-catching performance on the right wing and had earlier cored what proved to be the winner.

After a difficult start to the campaign, the 28-year-old fought his was back into the side to start six of the Owls’ last eight League One matches.

Paterson had been the subject of interest from Scottish side Hearts throughout January, with the Jammies having tabled a six-figure bid on deadline day.

Though no ultimate timescale has yet been set and early treatment of the injury will continue, it is believed the early prognosis of Paterson’s issue has thrown up fears he could be set for an extended period on the sidelines.

“Once I get to press on Friday I’ll be able to address it properly once I see the medical team and I know the extent of it,” said a non-committal Moore when speaking to The Star about Paterson’s situation on Tuesday evening.

“I don’t want to speak too early on these because it’s not my area of expertise. Once I get to the doctor and have a good chat with him – which will be tomorrow [Wednesday] – I’ll be able to say a bit more on Friday.”

Just sitting out the rest of the season down there to make sure he’s ready for pre-season with us?

6 minutes ago, CMc said:

The thread that’s a week old? 

You’re going to be deeply disappointed bud. 

If a shop closes it's business forever. It doesn't stay open for another 9 days after it closes though does it? Metaphorically speaking. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Aussie Jambo

27 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

If a shop closes it's business forever. It doesn't stay open for another 9 days after it closes though does it? Metaphorically speaking. 🤷‍♀️

I think you’ve misread the thread title bud!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Shops not even open  yet in this case.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

38 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Good player and good enough for our division. Well worth a year. 

33? Thank feck Sandy Jardine didn't have the judgement of JKB when he signed.

Isn't Johnny's game based around his speed? That's an aspect of his game that might have deteriorated.

Unless he's adapted his style of play to rely more on positioning and finishing. 

10 hours ago, jambo191 said:

Johnny Russell Has agreed to join us in the Summer, according to one of my friends that knows him well.

Could be a good signing, he is meant to be a right character in the squads he has been in.

Can’t say I have watched much MLS but seems he has done fairly well over there.

Interesting one if true, haven’t seen him play for a long time. Was certainly a quality player at one point & unlucky not to have more Scotland caps. 

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Johnny Russell.  Hope not.

why? 33 years old and still scoring decent return as a winger

Russell is good for our level (Scottish Premiership) on one hand, but on the other the game is completely different in the MLS, mainly due to the temperatures they play in meaning the game cannot be as fast paced.

Not sure we can accommodate how he plays anymore either, he kinda fits in a no.10 role as is no longer a traditional winger over there, so either he’s going to be shoe horned into a front three out wide which at his age he won’t have the pace for, or we put him up top which isn’t his game. He undoubtedly has the talent for this level, but considering we don’t really play a formation that suits him it would be an odd deal.

Like with other targets mentioned, it’s not about whether he’d be good enough, it would be whether or not he’d be worth the financial layout it may cost. Also, if we’re going to be in group stage European football again, I have my doubts whether or not he’d be considered a player to take us to the next level, which is something I really feel we need strides in this coming window.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan