• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Geoff Kilpatrick

10 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Willie thought it would be fun to spend a Friday night trolling me on Twitter about a year ago. He just embarrassed himself. 

I am not shocked at that.

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I checked back on the line up for that match.

Gordon

Smith    Neilson       Kingsley      Cochrane

Humphrys      Kio          Cammy        Forrest

McKay

Shankland

Since then, I can see improvements almost all over the park and have a lot of confidence for tonight.

The back three is working for us and, with 3 proper CBs (assuming Hill's heid's OK), is so much stronger than we had with that back 4.

Cochrane's really come into his game. I don't remember whether he struggled in that match but he's improved significantly, possibly as a result of being freed up from some of his defensive duties.

Cammy's doing great with Snodgrass as his partner and Snodgrass is a level up from Kio.

Forrest, McKay & Shankland played some great stuff together at points early in the season but the pace of Gino (& Kuol) brings a different dimension.

I'd like to see Humps in a central position against The Rangers; think he could cause some chaos.

Thanks IP ! As you say improvements nearly everywhere and as I've now seen that lineup I actually feel more confident !

Zander

Sibbick

Rowles

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin

Snodgrass

Cochrane

McKay

Ginnelly

Shankland

👏🏼

Edited by Pete Elliott
Put Gordon in goals 🙈

StevenNaismith
4 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Gordon

Sibbick

Rowles

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin

Snodgrass

Cochrane

McKay

Ginnelly

Shankland

👏🏼

Gordon back already?

5 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Gordon

Sibbick

Rowles

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin

Snodgrass

Cochrane

McKay

Ginnelly

Shankland

👏🏼

If that's your team for tonight you may have picked a glaring obvious error.

8 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Ah yeah, I did see that 😂

That's yer fellae, gotta give him some credit as hes been banned several times and always comes back and outs himself. Some lad 🤣

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

That's yer fellae, gotta give him some credit as hes been banned several times and always comes back and outs himself. Some lad 🤣

Resilient and a tryer 😂

5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Gordon back already?

4 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

If that's your team for tonight you may have picked a glaring obvious error.

:facepalm:

21 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I am not shocked at that.

He was sat at home trolling while I was enjoying cocktails in the Dome 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Who is this bellend btw. Never a positive thing to say about the club, cannot be an actual Hearts fan.

Screenshot_20230201_105003_Twitter.jpg

Raging about a temporary barrier.

Strange laddie 

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He was sat at home trolling while I was enjoying cocktails in the Dome 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

😂😂

29 minutes ago, haj said:

Too often of late games against the OF are over by half time. Just hoping we can keep it tight and give ourselves a fighting chance.

Not the last 2 matches (1-0 defeat at Ibrox and a 3-4 defeat to Celtic at Tynecastle).  

The Ibrox game was 0-0 at HT and the game v Celtic at home was 1-1 at HT.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
35 minutes ago, haj said:

Too often of late games against the OF are over by half time. Just hoping we can keep it tight and give ourselves a fighting chance.

Just the one in October out of the last half dozen or so. Devlins red card, dont think there has been any more than a goal in it for a while

Stating the obvious but really important not to concede early. Their manager is a real chancer and they will not relish this game if we get our approach right.

Got to put their full backs under it. Both have mistakes in them. 

I would like to see Humphrys play instead of McKay although listening to Robbie yesterday he sounds as though he will come back into the side. He was very poor against Hibs and never turns up against Rangers. Would prefer him to be an option off the bench if I'm honest. I thought even in the 4-0 game earlier in the season Humphrys was our best player that day. 

VagabondJambo
3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Stating the obvious but really important not to concede early. Their manager is a real chancer and they will not relish this game if we get our approach right.

Got to put their full backs under it. Both have mistakes in them

. . . AND McGregor/McLaughlin whichever plays) AND Goldson.

Their defence is ropey under pressure.

Clark 

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

M.Smith Devlin Snodric Cochrane 

Kuol   Shanks  Humps

3-2 Hearts

8 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

. . . AND McGregor/McLaughlin whichever plays) AND Goldson.

Their defence is ropey under pressure.

First time Humphrys went at Barasic in the 0-4 he left him standing. Inexplicably we didn't persist with the tactic. 

A really passive approach against this lot has often been the case. Fans will accept any outcome so long as we really take the game to them and compete. We can cause them huge issues tonight if we get it right. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Clark 

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Kuol   Shanks  Humps

3-2 Hearts

Is McKay out? If he's back he'll start over Kuol. 

No idea if Humphs or Gino will get the nod from RN...

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Clark 

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley 

Kuol   Shanks  Humps

3-2 Hearts

Can't see Devlin playing after going off injured against Livi. Might see Grant in there.

And how come no Gino? Turns up in the big games and been in great form. I also would love Kuol to start at the same time though, massive headache with attacking players at the minute!

clark

hill,sibbick,rowles

smith                                         kingsley

devlin,snodgrass,cochrane

ginnelly,shankland

i think its worth a shot having cochrane in front of kingsley where they can swap going forward/defending, keep tavanier busy and if kents got it the defence can slide across and not have to pull anybody out of central defence with cochrane dropping back, squeezing any room and service to morelos. not the most attacking arrangement but keeping it tight with beaton there is a must

6 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Barrie McKay has to lift his game tonight if playing. The most frustrating player in that dressing room.

:seething:

Yet to see him turn up in a big game. For that reason he would start on the bench for me. He was dreadful at Easter Road as well, constantly gave the ball away and was like a man short. 

VagabondJambo
11 minutes ago, Carter said:

First time Humphrys went at Barasic in the 0-4 he left him standing. Inexplicably we didn't persist with the tactic. 

A really passive approach against this lot has often been the case. Fans will accept any outcome so long as we really take the game to them and compete. We can cause them huge issues tonight if we get it right. 

Exactly!

With the right attitude and approach, we can end this lot’s deluded hopes of catching Celtic, and end the over-hyped new manager bounce.

Feeling good about something very special tonight 🤞

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

He will be 

I'm hoping tonight is the 1 game in 20 v either of the bigot bros that we pull out a performance that even corrupt officials cannot turn against us!!

Feeling positive about this one. 

Unsure how Neilson will set up , but I’d like to see Kuol involved , think he could be a very dangerous player and rangers defence could struggle with him -especially in full back areas 

HHGH

On 30/01/2023 at 19:17, Sooks said:

Yes , if you have a ticket that says PR on it you can access the stadium through the reception and go to the bar there 🙂 

Is this a thing? PR tickets have bar access? Which bar is it? Thanks. 

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Is this a thing? PR tickets have bar access? Which bar is it? Thanks. 

The PR Bar . It is just behind reception and it is less of a sweaty arm pit in the face job than 1874 

alicante jambo

Sitting here watching old hearts v sevco matches getting nervous as feck. We can do this jambos. This is the best team we have had for a long time. No the best sevco team but still very good. We need to believe the players i  mean and its up to us to roar on the boys. 1st stop the night gorgie fish bar. Mon the jambos.

Just now, Sooks said:

The PR Bar . It is just behind reception and it is less of a sweaty arm pit in the face job than 1874 

Interesting - thanks! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Controversial, be happy to see McKay and Halliday on the bench, Kuol to start for me with Shankland and Ginnelly. Burn them.

Really hope Hill makes it too

1 hour ago, DxB Hearts said:

Is McKay out? If he's back he'll start over Kuol. 

No idea if Humphs or Gino will get the nod from RN...

McKay hasn't done the business in big games. 

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Can't see Devlin playing after going off injured against Livi. Might see Grant in there.

And how come no Gino? Turns up in the big games and been in great form. I also would love Kuol to start at the same time though, massive headache with attacking players at the minute!

I think Humps offers more than Gino physically. 

40 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I'm hoping tonight is the 1 game in 20 v either of the bigot bros that we pull out a performance that even corrupt officials cannot turn against us!!

Fingers crossed but I think the bias is so ingrained in refs That nothing will change but we live in hope

1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

PP offering 5/1 on a Hearts red card. Almost seems like free money. 

If Beaton’s doing his job properly it’ll be around the 20th minute. Early enough to make a difference.

Ginnelly Shankland Humphrys 

Snodgrass Devlin 

Cochrane                    Smith

Kingsley Rowles Sibbick 

Clark

No idea if Hill is fit.  I'd have him in for Kingsley if he is.   Either Gino, Shanks and Humps to score.  

2-1, Come on the Hearts! :flag1:

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Aye, aye. Who's that sneaking onto the training pitch...

Shock Boycie return on the bench tonight?

My tuppance...

Zander

Sibbick  Kingsley  Rowles

Smith         Grant          Snodric         Cochrane

Humps                     Gino

Shanks

If Devlin and Hill are avialable I'd be tempted to put them in ahead of Grant and Smith respectively. Devlin obviously offers a lot more stability in the middle but I do think that Grant is better at linking the play from middle to front so it's a bit of a toss up for me. Snodgrass is different gravy and is one of the first names on the team sheet. The difference in our team when he is and isn't playing is massive.

Reckon the pace and power of humps and Gino would cause their full backs problems and allow for overlaps from our wing backs. Hopefully allow Shanks to get in amongst it in the box.

Whatever team sets foot on the pitch tonight needs to be flying out the traps.

5 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Who is this bellend btw. Never a positive thing to say about the club, cannot be an actual Hearts fan.

Screenshot_20230201_105003_Twitter.jpg

Raging about a temporary barrier.

Had him blocked for years, undoubtedly one of the biggest brain dead mini hun wallopers on Hearts twitter