• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Geoff Kilpatrick

22 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Is Devlin definitely fit??

I read Neilson say he was taken off as a precaution as he had a tight hamstring. He went down in front of where I was sitting on Sunday and looked in a bit of discomfort. Hopefully similar to the Cochrane one a few weeks ago in that we got him off before it got any worse and he's ok for tomorrow. He will be desperate to play and make amends for his red card earlier in the season. Not that I think it affected the end result but he will have been gutted about it. We need a big performance from the midfield tomorrow night, get him and Snoddy playing well and controlling the game and we have a real chance of beating them IMO. Just need to keep our heads and not give Beaton or Clancy any excuse to flash red cards about. Look at the challenges against Rangers that have resulted in reds this season and it's ridiculous. The referees up here seem so keen to send someone off for what is a yellow at worst is baffling. 

16 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I read Neilson say he was taken off as a precaution as he had a tight hamstring. He went down in front of where I was sitting on Sunday and looked in a bit of discomfort. Hopefully similar to the Cochrane one a few weeks ago in that we got him off before it got any worse and he's ok for tomorrow. He will be desperate to play and make amends for his red card earlier in the season. Not that I think it affected the end result but he will have been gutted about it. We need a big performance from the midfield tomorrow night, get him and Snoddy playing well and controlling the game and we have a real chance of beating them IMO. Just need to keep our heads and not give Beaton or Clancy any excuse to flash red cards about. Look at the challenges against Rangers that have resulted in reds this season and it's ridiculous. The referees up here seem so keen to send someone off for what is a yellow at worst is baffling. 

Totally agree with everything you said. I just thought that Devlin looked pretty upset when he went off against Livi. As you say hopefully he went off in time before his injury became to serious. 

I'm always wary of what RN says regarding injuries. He doesn't like to give too much away. 

2 hours ago, RDSK said:

Clark

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Nat Devlin Snoddy Cochrane

Shankland Humphrys

Gino

That would do nicely - as long as RN doesnt play LS in the deep role as per Sunday (and then not changing it when after 45 mins to an hour it was obviously not working) 

Need a high energy performance. We were brilliant against Celtic at Tynie in the 4-3 game, but unfortunately we couldn’t defend for toffee. Now we can. Same level again needed.

Fancy our chances for some reason, statistically they win just over 50% of games against at Tynecastle dating back to 2007. I assumed that would be closer to 75% with them winning about 3 in every 4.

Humphreys was our only threat the last game at Tynecastle against them, and feel Kuol could fair better still being a bit of an unknown. McKay yet to really shine in big games, especially against Rangers.

Clark

Sibbick   Rowles   Hill

Smith                             Kingsley

Snodgrass Devlin

Humphreys             Kuol

Shankland

2-1 Hearts

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Fancy our chances for some reason, statistically they win just over 50% of games against at Tynecastle dating back to 2007. I assumed that would be closer to 75% with them winning about 3 in every 4.

Humphreys was our only threat the last game at Tynecastle against them, and feel Kuol could fair better still being a bit of an unknown. McKay yet to really shine in big games, especially against Rangers.

Clark

Sibbick   Rowles   Hill

Smith                             Kingsley

Snodgrass Devlin

Humphreys             Kuol

Shankland

2-1 Hearts

That team is an absolute belter. I Would probably have gino in for humphrys though! that said, it wouldnt bother me too much. 

Clark

Sibbick Rowles    

Hill                                 Kingsley

Snodgrass  

Devlin     Halliday

Gino Shankland Humphrys

I would be more direct this game and try and play through the middle and put their two centre halfs under pressure, try and get the second ball. Need to keep Hill and Kingsley back a bit and not venture forward too much as Kent especially has ripped us a new one too often. Really hope we make a game of it and at least get a draw, hopefully a good win.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, johnking123 said:

Was thinking that myself!

including Kingsley in their teams when he was a man down on Saturday

I dont think we've been hitting the performance levels needed to win this one. You need to be on top form, Rangers need to be off form and ref needs to be fair. I don't see that combination happening tomorrow.

It'll probably be a defeat but not going to waste time complaining about it, will move on quickly. There are much more important games ahead for us.

10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

any reason folk are leaving Cochrane out?

Madness. One of the 1st names on the team sheet for me.

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I dont think we've been hitting the performance levels needed to win this one. You need to be on top form, Rangers need to be off form and ref needs to be fair. I don't see that combination happening tomorrow.

It'll probably be a defeat but not going to waste time complaining about it, will move on quickly. There are much more important games ahead for us.

Don’t get that we are more than capable of beating them we will need a big performance though and probably an element of good fortune but we are unbeaten in 9 so no reason why we can’t stretch that to 10 tomorrow night. They aren’t world beaters and well capable of being got at.

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Smith Devlin Snodgrass Cochrane 

Shankland Ginnelly McKay 

I wouldn't play Kuol. After his strong tackles against Livi, Beaton will be ready to send him off at the earliest opportunity. 

Lots of good options off the bench but I would start the team that has been winning games, as long as everyone has recovered.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Shankland Ginnelly McKay 

I wouldn't play Kuol. After his strong tackles against Livi, Beaton will be ready to send him off at the earliest opportunity. 

Lots of good options off the bench but I would start the team that has been winning games, as long as everyone has recovered.

i agree. I'd not be starting McKay as he hasnt shown up once against Rangers and in general has not been great against bigger teams. I'd be starting Humps in his place as he was the only real threat we had last time they came to Tynie and we could use his power to bully Rangers defence

11 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Don’t get that we are more than capable of beating them we will need a big performance though and probably an element of good fortune but we are unbeaten in 9 so no reason why we can’t stretch that to 10 tomorrow night. They aren’t world beaters and well capable of being got at.

I'm basing it on us hardly ever turning up v them and they're 10 games unbeaten. 

I just can't see it changing tomorrow, as much as I'd like to see us do them.

6 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Shankland Ginnelly McKay 

Maybe Humphries for McKay, as Barrie is usually anonymous against Der H

Plenty attacking options on the bench then if required.

38 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I can’t see Devlin playing, it’s too quick a turn around, especially with another game on Saturday.

The way Neilson was speaking at the press conference I think Devlin has no chance making tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Shankland Ginnelly McKay 

Not sure about that red card claim or what its based on? Beaton hasn't given us a red card in ages - I can't even remember the last time he did.

I'd have Kuol in for Mackay.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The way Neilson was speaking at the press conference I think Devlin has no chance making tomorrow.

So it could be Grant or Kio along with Snodgrass then.

Someone mentioned not playing Kuol based on Beaton being the ref. The same argument could be put forward for Grant with his card record since he joined us 

Other option could be Halliday or maybe even Smith.

38 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Cochrane is ahead of Kingsley for LWB. .

Hill Sibbick Rowles back three. With Smith and Cochrane wing backs

Kingsley will start at centre back imo. 

Clarke

Sibbick     Rowles    Kingsley

Smith                              Cochrane

Snodgrass   Grant

Ginnelly     Shankland    McKay 

My prediction based on Hill still being out with concussion protocol, injuries to Devlin and Halliday and Smith being fine to return. Will be very surprised if Snodgrass, McKay and Ginnelly aren't reinstated after playing in the wins over Aberdeen and Hibs - think all 3 were rested on Sunday with this game in mind. One doubt is who partners Snodgrass and I've gone Grant purely on personal preference. Think RN will keep Humphrys, Kuol and Oda for impact subs.

Diadora Van Basten
36 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Shankland Ginnelly McKay 

This is team I would play with Grant and Humphries on for Gino and McKay about 65 mins.

The problem with Smith is that he simply doesn’t have any pace defending against Kent, would prefer to see Hill at RWB and  Kingsley at LWB

Ex member of the SaS

Would like to see a quick pressing/ attacking game with Robbie making it very clear the ref will do anything to show a red. The ref is our biggest hurdle as they are not great when being pressed. Allow them to rule the game and we will lose. Games against the bigots generally mean a loss and with those in charge it just makes that more realistic. So not losing my sh!t over a loss. ( unless it's double figures. )

4 hours ago, Negan said:

That team is an absolute belter. I Would probably have gino in for humphrys though! that said, it wouldnt bother me too much. 

I love the way Gino is playing right now so it would be hard to drop him for this but I also have a hard time seeing him getting behind their defence the way he does other SPFL sides. At best he probably could just pull them around and make a bit of space for Snoddy and Shanks.

alicante jambo

Gonna be difficult. We need to be at our best and them not. We need to go at them. Best hearts team we have had for a while in my opinion we can do this but must believe. Mon the jts 2-0 another clean sheet shankland with 2 goals.

25 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I love the way Gino is playing right now so it would be hard to drop him for this but I also have a hard time seeing him getting behind their defence the way he does other SPFL sides. At best he probably could just pull them around and make a bit of space for Snoddy and Shanks.

He was rested against livi, so I'm assuming he will start but who knows. 

4 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Not sure about that red card claim or what its based on? Beaton hasn't given us a red card in ages - I can't even remember the last time he did.

I'd have Kuol in for Mackay.

He showed good upper body strength against their defender who moaned his face off, went in for a couple of 50/50's with their keeper who also moaned his face off. Never a threat of a red though never mind a yellow.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’d like to see Kuol start.

People will say bring him on when defenders are tiring but Rangers have proven to be a pretty fit team and Kuol gives us a better chance of a fast start - which will get the crowd up for it early doors. Get us on the front foot early.

Ironically if Rangers defenders do get tired it will be more likely because they’ve had to cope with Kuol, and maybe Humphrys from the start.

IMO Humphrys has played himself in with a chance to start.

I’d have my front 3 as Shankland, Kuol and Humphrys.

Any or all of McKay, Gino and Oda brought on in second half.

Kingsley played as the central CB against Livi which doesn’t really suit him.

I’d maybe play him ahead of Cochrane tomorrow who has had a lot of games recently. Kingsley more of a threat from corners and free kicks than Alex.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

gordon simpson
6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Get these hun, cheating, Scottish hating, bigoted jobbie heeds pumped. 

Pronto.

this please 

35 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

That changes things in terms of what Robbie will likely do. Can't see Smith or Devlin be risked so new prediction....

Clarke

Sibbick  Rowles  Kingsley

Hill                                     Cochrane 

Snodgrass   Halliday

Ginnelly   Shankland   McKay

Stewart

Neilson

Atkinson

Grant

Kio

Forrest

Kuol

Oda

Humphrys

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’d like to see Kuol start.

People will say bring him on when defenders are tiring but Rangers have proven to be a pretty fit team and Kuol gives us a better chance of a fast start - which will get the crowd up for it early doors. Get us on the front foot early.

Ironically if Rangers defenders do get tired it will be more likely because they’ve had to cope with Kuol, and maybe Humphrys from the start.

IMO Humphrys has played himself in with a chance to start.

I’d have my front 3 as Shankland, Kuol and Humphrys.

Any or all of McKay, Gino and Oda brought on in second half.

Kingsley played as the central CB against Livi which doesn’t really suit him.

I’d maybe play him ahead of Cochrane tomorrow who has had a lot of games recently. Kingsley more of a threat from corners and free kicks than Alex.

Sorry from what I could see Rowles was playing centre with Sibbick right and Kingsley left.

My preference is Hill Sibbick Rowles with Smith and Cochrane at WB

Kingsley is class but I don't think he should step right in, he was poor at Livvy.

WE have looked our best with that three, allows Sibbick to step out and use his passing.

I don't want to get my expectations up, but we've been playing very well and they haven't, and I absolute despise losing to Rangers. Makes me ill every time.

Cautiously hoping we absolutely ragdoll them.