• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Jambo Buckets

Just hope we turn up and put in a good performance regardless if we lose or not. A point would be great but will be very tough. 

Very different game to today and we'll have a few players back and rested.

I've absolutely no idea how this will go, we are solid at the back and if we keep a clean sheet we'll take something from the game, simple as that. 

We need to keep Kent quiet, he's been a huge thorn in our side every game against them.

Got to play Humphrys, Shakland and Gino up front and really go for it.

Hopefully Hill, Snodgrass, Gino, and McKay come back into the squad

tartofmidlothian

A draw would be an outstanding result to keep the run going, and more than most of our rivals will manage.

Let's save the win for the cup final. :jjyay:

Will be significant changes to the lineup. 

Smith, Hill, Snodgrass, McKay and Ginnelly will all likely start if available. 

This is going to be the first real test of our reshaped and far more stingy defence. 5 clean sheets in 6 after previously managing 2 in the 27 competitive games before then has been massive to putting us clear in 3rd. 

So far this season when faced with quality opposition at Tynecastle we lost 4 to Istanbul, Celtic and Rangers and 3 to Fiorentina so this will hopefully show the big improvements made. 

Not sure it’s possible with injuries but I would prefer to see a midfield 3 in this game …. Ideally devlin snodgrass and Beni. 

It’s the area we need to win the match play it tight with speed up top which we do have. 

More than a match for them 

This will be a good yardstick for how much we've progressed. On a good run but this the biggest test yet. Hope we line up the way we have been, with 3 up front - shankland, gino and humphrys or mckay. I don't think rangers are anything special at the moment so be disappointed if we don't take at least a point from this one, with the results we've been getting.

King of the North

Clark

Sibbick Hill Rowles

Smith Devlin Snodgrass Kingsley

Ginnelly Shankland Kuol

McKay never turns up against der hun, so I'd unleash Kuol and Ginnelly wide with Shanks up top. 

Cochrane needs a rest I think, so Kingsley to LWB.

Edited by King of the North

ShortmanRossco
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You’ve been waiting for this chance for weeks now. Cock a hoop we’re playing rangers and you smell blood. You’re an absolute chancer and it’s incredible you get away with your utter bullshit and negativity. 

This. I genuinely used to genuinely feel sorry for him for the abuse he took but its become so prevalent and obvious after negative results. The biggest charlatan on this forum and it's a disgrace he's not been banned.

Despite the good run, I’m not feeling confident for some reason. Would be happy with a draw but would like to go for it as it feels a bit of a free hit

Rangers has been scraping wins as of late with lesser opposition. I think we're in (somewhat) good form + at home? I'm taking our chances. I think we'd rise to the occasion. Besides, we shagged scotland's 3rd best team 5-0. Might put a cheeky number on. 

2-1 Hearts. Get ****ing stuck into them. 

0q9firmd0-icon-jpg-j7pk1o.jpg

Edited by CosmicPanda

Bazzas right boot

****ing hell.

Gordon back in goals as well and Boycey playing just of Shankland with big Halks back in defence. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

36 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Not sure it’s possible with injuries but I would prefer to see a midfield 3 in this game …. Ideally devlin snodgrass and Beni. 

It’s the area we need to win the match play it tight with speed up top which we do have. 

You been hibernating Mr Fox

This weekend Rangers started 3 players form May's Cup Final (Tavernier, Goldson and Kent). We started 4 (Kingsley, Cochrane, Devlin and Atkinson). Big big changes in both squads. 

We'll change half the team again for Wednesday night but likely only one of Cochrane/Kingsley, McKay and Devlin depending on what was wrong today will start at Tynecastle which shows how your squad is evolving along with the injuries. 

On another note we have the most penalties given this season with 9 and Rangers are yet to concede any penalty in domestic football! 

1 hour ago, Masonic said:

Kuol must start his pace will cause them problems i like the work ethic too 

Wheres the *** ?

Whats this nonsense? 

0/10 Must do better!!!

1 hour ago, TayJamTart said:

Quite worried about how this might go. We need goals!

Eh? We are 3rd top scorers and today was the first match in 11 we’ve failed to score 🥴 

Also, Shanks…

26 minutes ago, Locky said:

I’d love to agree, but you remember Beni hasn’t kicked a ball for almost a year?

It’s an example I know he is out but would  be ideal. 

Think we need a 3 in this game for me 

18 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

This weekend Rangers started 3 players form May's Cup Final (Tavernier, Goldson and Kent). We started 4 (Kingsley, Cochrane, Devlin and Atkinson). Big big changes in both squads. 

We'll change half the team again for Wednesday night but likely only one of Cochrane/Kingsley, McKay and Devlin depending on what was wrong today will start at Tynecastle which shows how your squad is evolving along with the injuries. 

On another note we have the most penalties given this season with 9 and Rangers are yet to concede any penalty in domestic football! 

Amazing any team to have more than rangers

Tavanier has scored 64 penalties for rangers 

Celtic have had 64 penalties in 15 years 

Very bizarre 

Devlin & Snodgrass in the middle please, with Grant just in front of them. We need 3 in there for this game. Wingbacks pushing on either side, Ginelly & Shanks up front. 

1 hour ago, mr fox said:

Agree, just stick Grant in there for Beni. A bit more mobility 😉

Captain Lithuania

Honestly think they turn us over through the week. People will say it’s negative, and maybe it is. Closing the gap on them doesn’t mean we have to beat them. It’s games like today where we dropped points, draws with Hibs and Dundee United, turning those 1 points in to 3 points is where we close the gap. 

Would love to be wrong. 

be a different line up to today. 

Kuol to start. 

Snodgrass back. 

a proper pitch. 

Full Tynie. 

Hopefully press them and give them a game - no reason why can’t get something from the game  

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Pfff, where the asterisks? Official ma hoop!

Jinxed us already imo 😕 

Having said that 2-0 Kuol and Shanks to stick the ball in their net. 

2 hours ago, TayJamTart said:

Quite worried about how this might go. We need goals!

Yes, we've been struggling to score this month. Maybe February will bring better luck?

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

Yes, we've been struggling to score this month. Maybe February will bring better luck?

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Honestly think they turn us over through the week. People will say it’s negative, and maybe it is. Closing the gap on them doesn’t mean we have to beat them. It’s games like today where we dropped points, draws with Hibs and Dundee United, turning those 1 points in to 3 points is where we close the gap. 

Would love to be wrong. 

Celtic are a better team than Rangers and they didn’t turn us over in our recent home match.

They narrowly beat us.

Absolutely no reason why we can’t put in a similar performance on Wednesday night (this time with a settled defence).

I fancy us to get a result.

What’s the thoughts on formation? We sticking with 3-4-3/3-4-1-2? Robbie seems to favour this? 

it’s a weird one as we are getting results playing in this formation. I just always feel like we play better in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1? Feel we miss a man in the middle of the park a lot. Also means we can get an extra attacker on the park and we have a lot of really good options just now. Imagine 4 of Shankland, Humphrey’s, Kuol, Gino and McKay all on the park at the same time, we would have some threat.

id stick with 3-4-3, and I’m sure he will as we are unbeaten in 10 games and have built a bit of confidence. Rangers probably isn’t the game to change it but would like us to try 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 again sometime soon, now we have some

injured players back and more options up top. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts V Rangers Official Match Thread ***
11 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Or Clancy on VAR 👍

Beaton and Clancy who would have thought it for a Rangers game😮😮

Hopefully we get in about them this time fed up some of the performances against them lately where we rarely trouble them. In their faces and don’t fear them and we have chance of at least a point.

Wouldn't throw Kuol to the wolves from the off. 60' sub would be fine.

Back to the lineup from the derby, provided Hill and Devlin can go.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts V Rangers Official Match Thread ( on ppv ) ***