*** Hearts V Rangers Official Match Thread ( on ppv ) ***

Masonic

Can't see us threatening them today if we go 3-4-3, too light in the middle of the park and we can't just sit back and expect them not to score.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Corstorphine Jambo
13 minutes ago, JohnB said:

It's my birthday today and I fully expect a hard fought victory to round the day off. Now that's not too much to ask, is it? C'mon the JT's.

It’s my birthday too! For my 50th, I was served up a 4-1 pumping of Rangers. Another exceptional present would be most welcome

20 minutes ago, DS98 said:

The criticism is somewhat warranted but Neilson has wins at Tynie and Ibrox against Rangers on his Hearts CV. Not too many of our managers can say that. 

Sorry that should have been

"I am mister doom and gloom when it comes to playing the OF teams so I really doubt we will win but will be elated if proved wrong. The planets have to be aligned for us to beat them, and the refs plus now we have VAR too.  Even a draw would be a great result as far as I am concerned ."

I am not on the Robbie oot squad !

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Reckon Atkinson will play over Hill. The rest will be right imo. Not what I’d pick but I think that’s how we’ll line up. 

unless it’s not an educated guess you’ve put up. Just realised you used to get team news a wee bit early. 

Still do but don’t post it as much. That was a guess but know of a few players starting.

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Sorry that should have been

"I am mister doom and gloom when it comes to playing the OF teams so I really doubt we will win but will be elated if proved wrong. The planets have to be aligned for us to beat them, and the refs plus now we have VAR too.  Even a draw would be a great result as far as I am concerned ."

I am not on the Robbie oot squad !

Haha

You can see the confusion though 🤣

8 minutes ago, longmalx said:

No idea why people are favouring Kuol over Gino. Gino has been key to us stretching games over the last few months and his finishing has been excellent recently. Kuol should start on bench.

In 2 minds about Humps vs McKay vs Grant. I think I’d favour the latter to give us 3 in midfield to avoid being overrun. Starting with Humps is tempting but would be a massive roll of the dice.

was just about to say this, not in the ginnelly camp usually but he's been very good this season and kuol has had 1 sitter and missed it, no other reason for ousting gino

Ricardo Quaresma
21 minutes ago, JohnB said:

It's my birthday today and I fully expect a hard fought victory to round the day off. Now that's not too much to ask, is it? C'mon the JT's.

6 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

It’s my birthday too! For my 50th, I was served up a 4-1 pumping of Rangers. Another exceptional present would be most welcome

This one, I presume?

17 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Only if I am the referee & my daughter is in the VAR room

😄

Edited by Hearts007

Rangers have been pretty pish since Beale has come in. Even though they’re getting results. Watched them against Killie, Aberdeen and Hibs and they were poor and lucky to get away with wins. You just know they’ll bring their A game tonight though. Neither of the gruesome twosome ever seem to have an off day against us. We’ll need a team of 9/10s and hope Beaton doesn’t go full hun mode.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, DS98 said:

Rangers have been pretty pish since Beale has come in. Even though they’re getting results. Watched them against Killie, Aberdeen and Hibs and they were poor and lucky to get away with wins. You just know they’ll bring their A game tonight though. Neither of the gruesome twosome ever seem to have an off day against us. We’ll need a team of 9/10s and hope Beaton doesn’t go full hun mode.

Fancy us to turn up against them for a change.  We have also been playing not the best so need to up a level and reckon we will do tonight.

25 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Only if I am the referee & my daughter is in the VAR room

How soon can you get there 👍

21 minutes ago, longmalx said:

No idea why people are favouring Kuol over Gino. Gino has been key to us stretching games over the last few months and his finishing has been excellent recently. Kuol should start on bench.

In 2 minds about Humps vs McKay vs Grant. I think I’d favour the latter to give us 3 in midfield to avoid being overrun. Starting with Humps is tempting but would be a massive roll of the dice.

Kuol won’t start 

12 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Yup. We're on an upswing. They're in a bit of a decline.

And we're sorely due to beat them at home.

13 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Kuol won’t start 

I have no problem who we start between Gino & Kuol, I would like us to go for the unknown and play the new boy and after he has run them ragged for 60 mins bring on Gino and ragdoll them.

This is a lovely beer, hope the game is as good....

Edited by Jamdub

30 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Can't see us threatening them today if we go 3-4-3, too light in the middle of the park and we can't just sit back and expect them not to score.

2 in the middle will not work unfortunately not sure what 3 would. If devlin is out I cannot see a result 

If Hearts are to beat Rangers tonight then they have to stop the tactics used in the last few games against them.

You need to.

Force their full backs towards their goal.

Don't let them have 2 v 1s in wide areas.

Don't let Kent come inside.

Crosses at waist height into the box they are terrible at defending them.

Cmom Hearts get into this tribute act.

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

No idea who’s in midfield with Snoddy there

Sibbick in midfield and a back four? I’d have expected Kio or Grant in the side

Can't work out the midfield. Maybe 4-1-3-2.

Kuol      Shanks

Cochrane         Gino          McKay

Snoddy    

Kingsley       Rowles       Sibbick         Hill

Clark

Here’s my attempt:

___________________Clark

_____________Hill__Sibbick__Rowles

Ginnelly__Snodgrass__Kingsley__Cochrane

__________Kuol__Shankland__McKay

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Woah i cant work that out!!! 442, gino and baz wide, hill rb?

Can’t work it out either, but whatever it is that’s a very bold attacking selection. 4-4-2 with Sibbick and Snodgrass holding would be my guess

ScandinavianJambo
7 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

What's up with devlin and humphrys?,

Devlin's pulled his hamstring. Don't know about Humphrys...

There’s plenty attacking talent there, but I’m not going to lie, every way you can line that team up gives me the absolute fear. 🤢

The midfield likely to be overrun big time. Two center mids on the bench. Will give Robbie benefit of the doubt