***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Scottish Cup Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

AllyjamboDerbyshire
14 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

That article is the same one as appeared before the New  Year derby.  Exact same.  Lazy sods.

Presumably expecting the exact same result.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• JudyJudyJudy

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, 22games nro said:

Only available if you have a subscription to hearts tv AND  you are watching from outwith the uk (or your laptop/pc/iPad etc is out of the uk 😎)

I heard somewhere you can get a hooky stick that shows games. Anyone know if this is true?😜

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, RENE said:

So from the 1880s we have INCREASED our dominance over them every decade. Wow

Not quite, they did reduce the deficit in the 1920s and 1970s. They’ve been our bitches every decade apart from those two. Natural Order!

Never been so confident going into a fixture with Hibs at ER. We are far better than them and our team has such confidence right now, can't see Hibs doing much against us. 1-3 Hearts, maybe a late consolation for them. I think they'll miss Newell a lot 

1 hour ago, Disser Pointon said:

You can buy a month viaplay through Amazon prime for £15.

Yeh bit the bullet & paid for it through Virgin.

"We can offer you £7.99/month instead of £12.99/month"

"Oh right, that's great"

"Ok that's on an 18month contract"

"FFFUUUUU......"

Horatio Caine

Despite what some on here say about Nisbet, I think we need to very aware of him.  He's a natural striker who can score from close in or from range. If he doesn't get any space or if the supply to him is cut off, his threat will be nullified.  I don't think we can take anything for granted.  As in every derby we need to prove we're better than they are.  I think Robbie will know this!

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Despite what some on here say about Nisbet, I think we need to very aware of him.  He's a natural striker who can score from close in or from range. If he doesn't get any space or if the supply to him is cut off, his threat will be nullified.  I don't think we can take anything for granted.  As in every derby we need to prove we're better than they are.  I think Robbie will know this!

I agree. A confident striker is something to pay attention to. I’m sure we will. 

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Morning N Hemisphere Jambos.  Hope your not freezing your bits off.  Been like an oven here but cooler now and the chardy is going down a treat.

Couldn't be more confident about Sunday's outcome.  See if we can manage the half time score against Aberdeen.

I'll be up for it before commencing my final week of work. Retirement here I cone.

Cannae wait.

I will actually smoke a joint for you, hope Hearts give you an appropriate send off :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

My biggest worry about Porteuous is he will dive for a penalty and the officials will be fooled. Would take a red card when 3-0 up and get Cammy to half him.

:what:

32 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Robbie is naebodies mug

100% need to watch Nisbet. Apart from him they really can't touch us. Need Sibbick on his A game. I think the refs are wise to Porteous now, even commentators have been slagging him for doing down holding his head all the time. 

Edited by Pennywise

Seen it get brought up about how there was only 18100 at the 0-0 draw at tynecastle last year and how their attendance tomorrow will be better than that (which I don’t believe). They seem to forget we had to shut 2 sections around the dugout due to they crazy Covid rules 🤦‍♂️

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks August.  We've got a lot to look forward to and in my case, a few pints at the Diggers in due course and an emotional return to Tynecstle Park.  My first game with my Jambo dad was 1954.  

Brilliant, enjoy your retirement. When was your last game at Tynecastle?

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I heard somewhere you can get a hooky stick that shows games. Anyone know if this is true?😜

Your on FIRE boy.  STICK to the undercover assassination buddy.

highlandjambo3
19 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Maroon flares at 90mins I’m told in the home end  🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Better dig these out……knew it was a good idea to keep a hold of them from my younger days:

6FDFD9D3-2D85-4B90-A841-9181CE6B9BF2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Totally agree buddy but I think they have more to worry about us.

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

This is fair. 

I also think Duk is a pretty good forward on his day. We played him very well and mage him look deeply average. 

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Any word on Kuol love to see him unleashed on this mob

He's been training.

34 minutes ago, Rods said:

Have Hearts and Hibs ever been to Penalties?

I think our squad depth might come into play

Ooh, that would be a new way

1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Seen it get brought up about how there was only 18100 at the 0-0 draw at tynecastle last year and how their attendance tomorrow will be better than that (which I don’t believe). They seem to forget we had to shut 2 sections around the dugout due to they crazy Covid rules 🤦‍♂️

They wont lie about the attendance tomorrow given they have to share the gate money with us

maroonlegions
21 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

They wont lie about the attendance tomorrow given they have to share the gate money with us

They gave their attendance as 18, 000+ at their last home game, not a fart in hells chance was it that. Dressed as seats everywhere at that game.

Edited by maroonlegions

To anyone thinking of buying Viaplay on Amazon Prime, don't! The frame rate is shite across all devices despite other Prime stuff being fine. Some forums suggest it's been shite on Prime when it was Premier Sport too.

Buy from Viaplay's website and use their app as you'll get a much smoother stream. They've got an app for smart TVs and Firesticks.

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Better dig these out……knew it was a good idea to keep a hold of them from my younger days:

6FDFD9D3-2D85-4B90-A841-9181CE6B9BF2.jpeg

If these are velvet, I want a pair. Also, let's get clapping on 61 minutes for the boy who passed away at ER last week, was at the hospitality with his lad took not well and unfortunately passed away. Couple of workmates witnessed it. Sad.

5 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

I'll be stuck in Penicuik until 2 tomorrow, can anyone recommend a pub that isn't full of Hibs that'll be showing the game?

Most of the pubs are very mixed . Navaar always has a few Hearts supporters in it , as does the Old Crown 

Worthing Jambo
3 minutes ago, tightrope said:

If these are velvet, I want a pair. Also, let's get clapping on 61 minutes for the boy who passed away at ER last week, was at the hospitality with his lad took not well and unfortunately passed away. Couple of workmates witnessed it. Sad.

Very sad.

I was talking to his son in the pub over Xmas.

Good lad and his mates are a mix of Jambos and Hibbies.

Some things are above football rivalry.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Most of the pubs are very mixed . Navaar always has a few Hearts supporters in it , as does the Old Crown 

Edited by Chevy Chase

Not overly worried about them individually, but always have the fear before a derby. Still have the concern that they man mark Snodgrass and he loses the ball in a dangerous area and we get punished. St Mirren worked it out, Aberdeen didn't but he still gifted them the ball a few times.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You're right in the mood today eh? 😆 

Ffs We've got a derby to look forward to chaps!

I’m off to watch some YouTube vids of Rudolph Skacel.

♥️ 🇱🇻 

Just now, Chevy Chase said:

I’m off to watch some YouTube vids of Rudolph Skacel.

♥️ 🇱🇻 

That's not the worst idea I've ever heard TBF 

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's not the worst idea I've ever heard TBF 

Been one of they days when my mouth has gotten the better of me. I’m a right dick at times. Arguments and false accusations all over the shop.

I’m my own worst enemy as my dear mother told me some 30 years ago.

Something a tad obvious.

Since beating them 3-0, we've strengthened whereas they've punted dross out on loan.

We're stronger; they're weaker.

Been off kickback all day. Time to get hyped. 

Into these minging rat *******s. I want to see close ups of bairns greeting in the home end. 

**** the lot of them. 

:jj:

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Been off kickback all day. Time to get hyped. 

Into these minging rat *******s. I want to see close ups of bairns greeting in the home end. 

**** the lot of them. 

:jj:

I feel totally confident about tomorrow . It is a season for ending poor runs . Up next Easter Road

41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All the Penicuik pubs will be 80-90% Hearts fans tomorrow.  Navaar, Crown and Royal Hotel especially.