***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Scottish Cup Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hibs Twitter is rife with rumours that Nisbet has picked up a knock in training

Might be a 'transfer' knock? If, as has been rumoured, he's going to Celtic, they won't want him cup-tied, I'm sure.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• JudyJudyJudy

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hibs Twitter is rife with rumours that Nisbet has picked up a knock in training

If true I hope it was portaloo that caused it 😃

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I hope Oda starts.  Let's see what he's all about.  Dream debut.

He hadn't played since November when his season ended and hasn't had a pre season, I doubt he'll start.

5 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Might be a 'transfer' knock? If, as has been rumoured, he's going to Celtic, they won't want him cup-tied, I'm sure.

Could be a cup-tie knock as well, wee Lee trying to throw a dummy

Hard to see any changes after a 5-0, Kingsley probably the only one pushing for a start over Hill/Sibbick but would be harsh to drop either.

Unless we change shape for an extra man in midfield, back 4 with Hill coming out for Halliday.

Don’t think we will have it all our own way as we have done recently. With it being a cup tie and a derby hopefully the game calms pretty quickly and we can impose ourselves on the game as we usually do instead of it being scrappy.

I’d rate our chances same as going away to the likes of Livi, St Mirren, Motherwell. A tough game that we would likely draw, however with it being a derby I suspect we’ll edge it.

Just now, Gorgie_Rules said:

Hard to see any changes after a 5-0, Kingsley probably the only one pushing for a start over Hill/Sibbick but would be harsh to drop either.

Unless we change shape for an extra man in midfield, back 4 with Hill coming out for Halliday.

Don’t think we will have it all our own way as we have done recently. With it being a cup tie and a derby hopefully the game calms pretty quickly and we can impose ourselves on the game as we usually do instead of it being scrappy.

I’d rate our chances same as going away to the likes of Livi, St Mirren, Motherwell. A tough game that we would likely draw, however with it being a derby I suspect we’ll edge it.

They HAVE to come at us, and that suits us perfectly.

Hearts +2

AllyjamboDerbyshire
21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Could be a cup-tie knock as well, wee Lee trying to throw a dummy

Well, we know Wee Lee is nothing if not original. Who else could come up witgh the idea of an injury to his team's most likely saviour 2 days before a must win match? Mind-games genius, or what?

Which minute will the Porteous fake head knock and lie on the ground come in?  THEN he doesn't have to leave the pitch.

I also predict he will get sent off, it's going to be his last ever Derby so he will go out like the thug he is.

LochcarronJambo
36 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Pretty much how I see it, as its decided on the day I hope we can win it normal time, couldnt take watching any pens giants them !

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, JAYEL said:

Reading on FB about Hearts fans snapping up tickets in the home end

Excellent, I notice the part of the stand next to ours is almost empty, be a throwback to the days when we used to occupy part of the main stand as well as the terrace

17 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Which minute will the Porteous fake head knock and lie on the ground come in?  THEN he doesn't have to leave the pitch.

I also predict he will get sent off, it's going to be his last ever Derby so he will go out like the thug he is.

Whenever we're attacking and the ball goes into their penalty area.

Will be a very hard game under no illusions however like to think we have potential scorers all over our team.

Edited by Turkishcap
Spellng

43 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

41 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Excellent, I notice the part of the stand next to ours is almost empty, be a throwback to the days when we used to occupy part of the main stand as well as the terrace

Just checked and I've got an account with them as I sat in their end years ago, sorely tempted to buy one for Sunday. Section next to us is virtually empty as you say.

36 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Unlike the Hibbies who are going to be either absent, or making a ½ time mega fire-drill.

If we play as per v the 🐑  then it'll be an empty stadium come ½ time.

I'd laugh my socks off if we did a Riga or Fiorentina and packed out their otherwise vacant stands with Jambos.

3 hours ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Still feel we would be wise to stick another man in the middle for this one. At times I feel we struggle to keep the ball or make the wrong pass. Snodric is a baller but can be leggy and slow, and Devlin has been frustrating at points. Just feel another man in the middle might ensure the control of the game. The only thing to consider if we do is who drops out if so? 

A bit of a headache on top of the who does Kingsley come in for in the defence? Hill and Sibbick/Rowles shuffle over one?

If Robbie were to put anyone else in the middle I would fancy it to be Halliday if he is fit.

12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The Nisbett chat is pure mind games. Goodwin tried it and made no difference. I fully expect Hibs strongest available 11

Their strongest 11 is gash.

We have better players in every position.

I'm expecting them to come out kicking, cheating, and spoiling.

If we don't get suckered into their nonsense, or fall foul of weak refereeing, then it could very well end up 0-8.

4-0 v the 🐑 at half-time?

They are bricking it, and rightly so.

❤️❤️G❤️

LochcarronJambo

I think its clear we have better players & a better team, however, I do think that Nisbet is a danger 

WGAF about Nisbet?  He’s a ten-a-penny SPFL striker. He’s went through a wee purple patch but that’s it. Before he got injured he was so bad they were wanting him out. He scored 9 league goals in the entirety of 2021 and played just about every game. He’s another Curtis Main or Nicky Clark. 

Just like their other great white hope Porto, he’s never won a derby. He’s never even looked close to scoring against us. 

Not in our league. 

Know of at least a dozen Hearts fans in the Hibs end on Sunday.

Helped to do so by their pals who are Hibs fans. :rofl:

Looks like it’ll be Hearts fans, rather than free tickets for school kids who will be adding 500 to the home end this week.

Stupid wee club.

6 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

No matter how shite they are a cup derby away from home is loaded with risk. However I think we have bit between teeth for another run, its wanted badly

A good (wonderful) run in the cup will be good. 

Our run against them I think is 8 in a row. 

Number 9 with hat trick! 

And, during the match, I'm hoping to be able to say, 

"Look a Snodrić masterclass!" 

Absolute Scenes
44 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Their strongest 11 is gash.

We have better players in every position.

I'm expecting them to come out kicking, cheating, and spoiling.

If we don't get suckered into their nonsense, or fall foul of weak refereeing, then it could very well end up 0-8.

4-0 v the 🐑 at half-time?

They are bricking it, and rightly so.

❤️❤️G❤️

I obviously meant no praise towards their starting 11 as ours is superior in every department 😂 just meant they’ll try and throw little seeds to do anything to get the upper hand

How’s about the first time Porto goes down holding his heed the Jambos give him a boxing style count out?

1,2,3 etc till he gets up or gets counted out.

8 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

How’s about the first time Porto goes down holding his heed the Jambos give him a boxing style count out?

1,2,3 etc till he gets up or gets counted out.

Or Devlin boots him right in the knackers give him a reason to roll about!

25 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I obviously meant no praise towards their starting 11 as ours is superior in every department 😂 just meant they’ll try and throw little seeds to do anything to get the upper hand

Its Lee Johnson, Marshall could be left back and no one would be surprised, the man’s a lunatic !

Do you not just love boy wonder porteous. In daily record: 

"I model myself everyday on coming in and being a top professional. I have found it pretty easy to let my football do the talking. It's one of the biggest games of the season tomorrow (Saturday), so that is where my head is at.“

58 minutes ago, DS98 said:

WGAF about Nisbet?  He’s a ten-a-penny SPFL striker. He’s went through a wee purple patch but that’s it. Before he got injured he was so bad they were wanting him out. He scored 9 league goals in the entirety of 2021 and played just about every game. He’s another Curtis Main or Nicky Clark. 

Just like their other great white hope Porto, he’s never won a derby. He’s never even looked close to scoring against us. 

Not in our league. 

He might have been crap in 2021 but he's on form right now, so it's up to us to not give him a sniff, just like we did on 02 Jan.

Bazzas right boot

Games have generally been close v this mob but we've clearly had the upper hand. 

If our defence continues it's firm and improvement then I'm confident. 

We've got goals in us and if hibs are to beat us they'll likley need 2 or 3.

No daft red cards or mistakes and we can go through. 

Regarding Nisbet,  he looked sharp v us but I think we're better equipped to deal with him as opposed to Nouble or Curtis main types.

The guy on the wing also caused us issue's at Tynecastle,  he looked fast and clever, agaon. we need to make sure we defend v him correctly.

Close game imo. 

6-3 Hearts.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

That would be soooo sweet !

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I hadn't realised before reading that article that Porteous is going Toulouse.

Well, I had, but I was spelling it differently.

👏👏

57 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Do you not just love boy wonder porteous. In daily record: 

"I model myself everyday on coming in and being a top professional. I have found it pretty easy to let my football do the talking. It's one of the biggest games of the season tomorrow (Saturday), so that is where my head is at.“

That's great news !!!

Considering the game is on Sunday :robbo:

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I hadn't realised before reading that article that Porteous is going Toulouse.

Well, I had, but I was spelling it differently.

It's way too (Udin)easy to have a chuckle at them; but, seriously ... if £250K is representative of offers for Porteous then they are in deeper 💩 than I thought. 

Robbie will very much have Brora in mind.  The last thing he needs on his recotd is two SC giant killer upsets.

Not going to happen.  Play them off the park.

pettigrewsstylist
20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Robbie will very much have Brora in mind.  The last thing he needs on his recotd is two SC giant killer upsets.

Not going to happen.  Play them off the park.

If we turn up its ours. No idea when we last won 3 top fligjt games in a row tho. 

raw.png.309bdd2e9b03a76a76f1e60d0d008c55.png

Edited by pettigrewsstylist