***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Scottish Cup Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Surely not, Hibs must have a system in place that would stop this. Hearts definitely do as I am sure you have to have a prior purchase history with the club.

I know this might go against the grain, but I hate when Hearts get Celtic and Rangers interlopers in our end and really don't think it is cool our fans going in the Hibs end.

It would be much better if Hibs had just gave us an extra section in their main stand.

No, it's dead easy to circumvent any system that Hibs have in place.  They dish out free tickets to schools, the Hibs kids aren't interested as they can see the effect that watching Hibs has had on their dads and mums/aunties, so the Hearts kids take the tickets. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• JudyJudyJudy

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

13 hours ago, wavydavy said:

If Robbie were to put anyone else in the middle I would fancy it to be Halliday if he is fit.

He's had concussion, Kingsley mentioned it

5 hours ago, billybalfour said:

Thank goodness.He should only play if we are short of starters.Decent player but nowhere near good enough if we are serious about improving the team/squad.

Very harsh, he has been very good this season. 

5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I was gutted he played in the game at Tynecastle the week before the semi final. Really gutted. 

Aye how they laughed. They’re not laughing now ! 

Morning N Hemisphere Jambos.  Hope your not freezing your bits off.  Been like an oven here but cooler now and the chardy is going down a treat.

Couldn't be more confident about Sunday's outcome.  See if we can manage the half time score against Aberdeen.

I'll be up for it before commencing my final week of work. Retirement here I cone.

Cannae wait.

August Landmesser
11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Morning N Hemisphere Jambos.  Hope your not freezing your bits off.  Been like an oven here but cooler now and the chardy is going down a treat.

Couldn't be more confident about Sunday's outcome.  See if we can manage the half time score against Aberdeen.

I'll be up for it before commencing my final week of work. Retirement here I cone.

Cannae wait.

:sweeet:

Congratulations Doug, sounds like you've earned yourself a wee glass of something!

40 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

:sweeet:

Congratulations Doug, sounds like you've earned yourself a wee glass of something!

Thanks August.  We've got a lot to look forward to and in my case, a few pints at the Diggers in due course and an emotional return to Tynecstle Park.  My first game with my Jambo dad was 1954.  

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Cannae wait.

Congratulations Doug.  Try not to peg it in the next few months, that's always the trick with retirement.

8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

For those that don’t have sky tv, one way to get Viaplay is through Amazon Prime. Subscribe to channel for a month for £15. And remember to cancel in your Amazon subscriptions section. If you’re having difficulty finding it just type in viaplay in search function once you are in the app.

Cheers mate 

Fair play to the guys going in the Hibs end, not for me though, sounds like torture. Reckon I'd be lucky to last 5 minutes. 

10 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Fair play to the guys going in the Hibs end, not for me though, sounds like torture. Reckon I'd be lucky to last 5 minutes. 

I can remember doing it once back in the 80s.

Hearts scored. I screamed out what was going to be "YES!" or whatever, but changed it to "Ya ****er!" as there was a large stoney silence amongst the h1b5 fans that surrounded me. 

Very uncomfortable on one front, but, obviously, tremendous being there to see Hearts score. 

If I was going to Easter Road tomorrow and was in the h1b5 end, I'd maybe do the same thing, or maybe just stay quiet.

Save the celebrations for later. 

It'll be difficult if you're surrounded by a fair few Jambos, though. 

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS to NZ Doug. 

20 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

I done it at the new year derby that was Duffys first game and we won 4-0. Was torture although I was about the only person left in the east stand at full time! For my sins my entire family are Hibs fans so when I was younger and going to a derby I had to sit in the Hibs end with my dad and brother. This was during the mid to late 80’s when more often than not we would scud them down there! Was always quite enjoyable.

13 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

And thankfully you are not Joe Savage. What a waste of money that would be. Shit player talked up by hibs with one decent international appearance. Bad attitude, cheating prick that would disrupt our dressing room. Would rather play with 10.

The tattie-heid's biggest strength is he believes he's a world beater. 

His other strengths are, emm... Oh, yeah, he's worth a quarter of a million pounds sterling. 

If Porteous is playing in the middle would love to see wee Cammy send him in the air, give him an excuse for all his greeting he does.

7 hours ago, billybalfour said:

Thank goodness.He should only play if we are short of starters.Decent player but nowhere near good enough if we are serious about improving the team/squad.

This post does not recognise the valuable contribution Andy makes. 
He has 5 goal contributions to McKay’s 6 (Gino on 6 as well). Played three minutes less than McKay. Shots per game and pass accuracy near identical to McKay’s. In fact, (and this is getting weird now) all his stats are near identical to McKay’s (offensive and defensive) apart from the fact he wins the same number of headers as Cochrane or Sibbick. 

It also ignores the fact he ****ing hates Hibs as is an absolute warrior. 

Putting all these together, anyone who doesn’t want Andy Halliday involved in our derby squad should needs to have a hard look at themselves. 

Im assuming the bit implying satisfaction at him having a head injury is accidental. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

Nice. Looking at the third goal again, I reckon Marshall stayed put because he’s expecting the Hibs player to get to the ball first and play it back to him. Still poor judgement but it’s the only thing that makes sense. Humphrys is a powerhouse. 

south morocco
24 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I done it at the new year derby that was Duffys first game and we won 4-0. Was torture although I was about the only person left in the east stand at full time! For my sins my entire family are Hibs fans so when I was younger and going to a derby I had to sit in the Hibs end with my dad and brother. This was during the mid to late 80’s when more often than not we would scud them down there! Was always quite enjoyable.

I was in the old centre stand for that game. Always used to be mixed. Remember the 4th going in and only Hearts fans left. Seems strange to think of that happening now though.

4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Surely not, Hibs must have a system in place that would stop this. Hearts definitely do as I am sure you have to have a prior purchase history with the club.

I know this might go against the grain, but I hate when Hearts get Celtic and Rangers interlopers in our end and really don't think it is cool our fans going in the Hibs end.

It would be much better if Hibs had just gave us an extra section in their main stand.

You do have to have a previous buying history. But you can get that by buying a ticket for their non Cat A games. Including their away game to County they have up just now.

Costs you the price of 2 tickets though!

Horatio Caine
27 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

If Porteous is playing in the middle would love to see wee Cammy send him in the air, give him an excuse for all his greeting he does.

Aye, and then get red carded by that p***k Robertson.  No thanks.

26 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Whilst I share the sentiment, this is probably the Hobbits’ game plan. 

Kick lumps out of us and exaggerate contact/dive and hope for penalties and cards. 

They do this with everyone and all the more so with us. 

Last thing we want to do is play into that trap. 

27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

You do have to have a previous buying history. But you can get that by buying a ticket for their non Cat A games. Including their away game to County they have up just now.

Costs you the price of 2 tickets though!

why would any hearts fan do that ? Bizarre.

are the ones doing that then perfectly ok then with old firm fans doing the same at Tynecastle ?

8 hours ago, billybalfour said:

eh ?  Are you actually serious ? You didn’t enjoy his brace in April then ?  That’s so disrespectful. He is 100% a starter in a derby. Shame it looks like he is out for this one

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

eh ?  Are you actually serious ? You didn’t enjoy his brace in April then ?  That’s so disrespectful. He is 100% a starter in a derby. Shame it looks like he is out for this one

Have to agree, Wasn't a fan when he first arrived but definitely won me over with his performances as time went on..  

34 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Aye, and then get red carded by that p***k Robertson.  No thanks.

Need to very careful with this guy in charge.

No love lost between him and Robbie.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Cannae wait.

Congrats Doug 

3 hours ago, karipidis said:

Very harsh, he has been very good this season. 

He’s an important squad player but no more. He’s simply anonymous in centre mid and with Cochrane and Kingsley back fit he should be bench at best for the rest of the season. 

With the options we have now there is no reason for him to be starting games other than injuries/suspensions. 

1 hour ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

More likely to be the other way round imo.

1 hour ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

I really hope he does play him in centre mid. Would be suicidal. He’s their best defender by far and by all accounts is terrible in midfield. Newall suspended, Kenneh away on loan and JDH injured. He might not have a choice other than to play him there. Would also mean Fish and Rocky at the back. 🤣

Honestly they are so so poor in defence and midfield. I think they’ll need to score 3 or 4 to win. Ain’t happening.

16 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He’s an important squad player but no more. He’s simply anonymous in centre mid and with Cochrane and Kingsley back fit he should be bench at best for the rest of the season. 

With the options we have now there is no reason for him to be starting games other than injuries/suspensions. 

Not saying he should be starting but the poster said ‘thank goodness’ he is not fit. A bizarre comment for a player who has been very reliable for us. 

Morning troops.

Can anyone post the stats for the derbies...I've seen it a few times but an up to date one would be great.

Some one recently put up the part about "won most derbies ever...won most in this century...won most at easter road " etc etc

My sister is a Hibee and the banter is firing.

I want to be able to shut her up with that one...unlikely, but I'll try.

So far, the biggest silence was when I sent her a picture off Rudi with the cup in 2012

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I really hope he does play him in centre mid. Would be suicidal. He’s their best defender by far and by all accounts is terrible in midfield. Newall suspended, Kenneh away on loan and JDH injured. He might not have a choice other than to play him there. Would also mean Fish and Rocky at the back. 🤣

Honestly they are so so poor in defence and midfield. I think they’ll need to score 3 or 4 to win. Ain’t happening.

I dont think Doyle Hayes is injured at all . I think he will play but I am okay with that because he is turd . If he is injured and I am wrong , then I think it will be Campbell in beside Magennis and Porteous back in the defence to baby sit Bushiri

Drylaw Hearts

It looks like Porteous will be playing in midfield, so Snodgrass will be his target. 

Hearts win and red card for Porteous then.

10 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Not saying he should be starting but the poster said ‘thank goodness’ he is not fit. A bizarre comment for a player who has been very reliable for us. 

Agreed. He’s earned more respect. 

54 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

why would any hearts fan do that ? Bizarre.

are the ones doing that then perfectly ok then with old firm fans doing the same at Tynecastle ?

I dont know. They probably just want to go to the game. And when the OF are doing it to us they are usually stopping a Hearts fan from getting in. That's clearly not the case tomorrow.

Ronald Villiers

Heard last night that Nisbet went in the huff at training this week and stormed off home.  Apparently to do with a bid from an English team that Hibs have turned down.  Anyone else heard similar?  Could be interesting if true.  

19 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I dont know. They probably just want to go to the game. And when the OF are doing it to us they are usually stopping a Hearts fan from getting in. That's clearly not the case tomorrow.

true

Ronald Villiers
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Doubt that very much. 

I'm the same but would be very funny if true.  Heard through a mate who's laddie plays for they're youth team.  Said Nisbet has done this before when he's had the opportunity to significantly increase his wages with a decent move that Hibs have rejected.

11 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Heard last night that Nisbet went in the huff at training this week and stormed off home.  Apparently to do with a bid from an English team that Hibs have turned down.  Anyone else heard similar?  Could be interesting if true.  

Sounds like shite.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

I thoroughly enjoyed his brace but I don't believe for a minute anybody saw it coming.To me he is just an average player and as we try to improve the squad he moves further down the pecking order.We won't be building a team around him.I am sure he will make a full recovery from his head knock and then he can try to win his place back.Similar situation to Kingsley who is a way better player in my opinion

August Landmesser
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks August.  We've got a lot to look forward to and in my case, a few pints at the Diggers in due course and an emotional return to Tynecstle Park.  My first game with my Jambo dad was 1954.  

👍

10 hours ago, billybalfour said:

We get this every week. 
Everyone hates on Halliday and yet he consistently turns out strong performances and never lets us down. 

This isn’t about improving the squad, it’s about beating hibs on Sunday.