***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Scottish Cup Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

On 22/01/2023 at 10:09, Mr Elwood P said:

Both those League 1 players have come

to Hearts from eh ... Championship clubs!

...but have played a lot in League 1.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• JudyJudyJudy

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

WheatfieldWarrior
23 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Hibs would kill for a performance and result like that but it’s not in their DNA.

There’s been an assortment of victories over Hibs recently.  Rinsed and dominated beyond doubt in the 3-1 a week before the Semi last season, then the semi itself where we again, did the job early doors.  

Job done by half time at New Year.  

Today……. They couldn’t crack a resilient Hearts team who know how to do their jobs when not playing particularly well on the ball.  But we lifted our game with the subs and we found a moment in the game where we turned it on and made it 2-0.  

Hibs just don’t get it and I hope they never do.  

FTH.  

Unless of course DNA stands for 'Did Not Attend', in which case it's right up their street.

1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

CAPSHUNS!

Gino: ‘if you’re going to flip me the bird ya auld tramp, at least clean your finger nails’

Smell my sister

7 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Probably with all the subs running onto the pitch, the ref was a disgrace yesterday he really hates us. Also shouldn't go unnoticed the tackle from Devlin on Yuan in the lead up to the second, was an incredible tackle to stop them breaking up the pitch. 

Robertson really does. I'm getting exhausted with it. Its unprofessional and he shouldn't be refereeing our games if he can't put a very clear dislike of our manager to one side. 

He's another overpromoted weegie ref. Ridiculous he's an experienced referee. 

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Thought that was obvious so didn't include it.

The staff got it bang on. Again. Not everything was executed perfectly but the staff got it absolutely right. Again.

And we won. 3 nil. Again. 

On 22/01/2023 at 15:34, Marvin said:

Yessssssssss :flagwave:

Shanks equals Robbos tally.

Equalled what tally?

He's the first to score 20 since Robbo but he's got a long way to go before he equals anything.

(Sorry it's late, just reading the thread now)

Neither side made half time changes and once again Hibs started the better but Hearts were packing the middle of their defence and so crosses into their box offered little threat. Five minutes in and Shankland was booked for a late challenge on Bushiri. In all honesty, he should have been booked earlier in the game for persistent fouling and on one occasion for the use of an elbow. As it was, his booking brought about a minor scuffle with Bushiri leading to the Hibs defender going into the book also. McGeady and Campbell both had shots with the former firing wide and the latter seeing the attempt blocked.

Hibs.net 🤣🤣🤣🤣

wobble wobble.net classic there. Bushiri was the offender at the first yellow, dragging Shankland in as the ref just did the old here’s a card for both cause I can’t be bothered thinking who was to blame. 

9 hours ago, GrimUpNorth said:

Is it possible to wear out a YouTube video ? Watching that Sibbick goal over and over again 

Yep. Me as well. Just one of the best goals ever. Up with Ozturk. 

Can we get those Sibbick shots of his fingers in his ears as well as the one of him pumping his fist made into Offishul JKB Smileys?

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Equalled what tally?

He's the first to score 20 since Robbo but he's got a long way to go before he equals anything.

(Sorry it's late, just reading the thread now)

I know Robbo's is 31 for a season if I'm right. I should have been more specific when  I posted. But we pumped hubz and that's all that matters.

Edited by Marvin

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

I know Robbo's is 31 for a season if I'm right. I should have been more specific when  I posted. But we pumped hubz and that's all that matters.

👍

On 22/01/2023 at 21:55, FJT said:

Instead of having a meeting of the pedantry society, perhaps someone with decent IT skills can rectify it so it can be re-posted for our enjoyment? I thank you jkb in advance 😁

That should be JKB

::troll::

They don't seem to be bothered at all about the nature of Bushiri's injury.

Right ACL if you ask me, judging by the footage. Can't see any news on it though. 

Unless it was absolute theatrics from the boy at the time.

I'd add that having had two myself, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope he's alright.

As for the match result, GIRUY Hibs

Edited by Hearts_fan

periodictabledancer
On 23/01/2023 at 01:01, Hearts1975 said:

A brilliant result and what a feeling

what an atmosphere, Salute to everyone who made it electric 

Hair standing on the back of your neck type stuff, unbelievable 

When these players have long gave up the game, they will all look back on moments like today, and remember what it was like to be there

Memories like no other  

Just Superb :thumbsup:

The clip of the players and the fans  post match celebrations, you can see Gino towards the end , on his own, just scanning along the upper tier,  quietly drinking it all in. 

29 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

The clip of the players and the fans  post match celebrations, you can see Gino towards the end , on his own, just scanning along the upper tier,  quietly drinking it all in. 

Not sure if mentioned earlier, but was great to see Boyce celebrating the goals and on the pitch at the end. Keeping injured players feeling a part of it goes a long way to showing how together we are as a squad.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Not sure if mentioned earlier, but was great to see Boyce celebrating the goals and on the pitch at the end. Keeping injured players feeling a part of it goes a long way to showing how together we are as a squad.

aye but where was Beni :whistling: