***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Scottish Cup Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

48 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Morning troops.

Can anyone post the stats for the derbies...I've seen it a few times but an up to date one would be great.

Some one recently put up the part about "won most derbies ever...won most in this century...won most at easter road " etc etc

My sister is a Hibee and the banter is firing.

I want to be able to shut her up with that one...unlikely, but I'll try.

So far, the biggest silence was when I sent her a picture off Rudi with the cup in 2012

CC4A8AC1-EE28-4449-8BE3-326838EBAF50.jpeg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• JudyJudyJudy

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, CMc said:

Whilst I share the sentiment, this is probably the Hobbits’ game plan. 

Kick lumps out of us and exaggerate contact/dive and hope for penalties and cards. 

They do this with everyone and all the more so with us. 

Last thing we want to do is play into that trap. 

Yep, if Portaloo is in midfield, I'd be telling Cammy to leave him to Snodric. Don Robertson will be itching to stamp his 'authority' on the game, and Porteous will look to exploit Cammy's reputation. Snodders can just play football around him and leave him bamboozled.

51 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Morning troops.

Can anyone post the stats for the derbies...I've seen it a few times but an up to date one would be great.

Some one recently put up the part about "won most derbies ever...won most in this century...won most at easter road " etc etc

So far, the biggest silence was when I sent her a picture off Rudi with the cup in 2012

81F57B62-B4E5-4071-8506-61C6F64A6D8A.jpeg

Ronald Villiers
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Not a peep of this anywhere on social media. Not on any Hibs forum.  

So, without being offensive to your mate's son; he's probably got the wrong end of any stick. Or just purely talking shite, as teenagers are inclined to do.

Nisbet will be here until the summer. And I for one, am not in the least bit bothered if he is or not. 

I couldn't see anything either.  Just need to wait and see.  Even if something is going on I'd be shocked if he didn't get played.  Rowles, Sibbick and Hill will be fighting over who's back pocket Nisbet will be in tomorrow.

53 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Morning troops.

5801D250-408F-462D-81FF-680742908D49.jpeg

52 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Morning troops.

Tell her she’s lucky you’re a Hearts fan otherwise she would have experienced incest by now. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We get this every week. 
Everyone hates on Halliday and yet he consistently turns out strong performances and never lets us down. 

This isn’t about improving the squad, it’s about beating hibs on Sunday. 

Really don't understand why we give our players such a hard time on here.    If they are not trying a leg, then it is justified to call it out, but if they are good pros (as they all are at the moment) we should support them.  Halliday has been invaluable at times,  especially against Hibs,  plays through injuries and is always fully committed.  I don't think when everyone is fit he is in the 1st 11,  but he's a cracking squad player to have.  Happy for players to be injured, is pretty pathetic stuff if you are a genuine fan.   Not aimed at you by the way Nookie Bear...just frustrates me a times the way certain posters (so called fans) lay into our players.    As you say,  our priority is to get behind whoever plays on Sunday and end Hibs season early!   

2 hours ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

If Porteous is playing in the middle would love to see wee Cammy send him in the air, give him an excuse for all his greeting he does.

I worry about him tomorrow, potentially his last game for Hibs if we’re winning by a couple he’s likely to smash one of our players. We’ve seen it before from the tramps.

Just now, Ked said:

Eh?

Fascinating posting history. Slags off hearts constantly and is now in favour of Jambos getting slapped by Hobbits. 

Hibs. 

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I worry about him tomorrow, potentially his last game for Hibs if we’re winning by a couple he’s likely to smash one of our players. We’ve seen it before from the tramps.

Wouldn't be too bothered if he took a sore one in the puss for proper concussion.

It would be a real shame if Porto was to suffer a season ending injury tomorrow so that Hibs lose out on any transfer fee and then have to pay wages for another 6 months for a player who doesn't want to be there....

Edited by skinnybob72

See all the chat re Porteous and Nisbet transfers, it wouldn't surprise me if Hibs are trying to hold onto them for the Derby and then move them on next week. 

Try and avoid a derby defeat (especially the fans losing their shit again) and then cash in on their only assets. Use that money to try and bring in some talent to dig them out of the hole they're currently in. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

See all the chat re Porteous and Nisbet transfers, it wouldn't surprise me if Hibs are trying to hold onto them for the Derby and then move them on next week. 

Try and avoid a derby defeat (especially the fans losing their shit again) and then cash in on their only assets. Use that money to try and bring in some talent to dig them out of the hole they're currently in. 

All of what you said makes sense to me. Keeping Porteous and Nisbet isn’t enough to change their fortunes so may as well throw the dice and try to bring in new players. Their midfield is absolutely gash.  

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Aye. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to hold onto their star players for the biggest game of their season either...

Disser Pointon
1 hour ago, Thumperbeni said:

Any hearts fan who goes in the hibs end deserves a slap, attention seeking numpties !

Agree and very hypocritical as we hate it when the arse cheeks do it at our gaff. I just don't see the appeal anyway.

3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Key point from gobshite "it feels like a really big game, if not the biggest of the season so far." 

I mean come on......Robbie knows, the players know and we know this IS the most important game and from full time (if not a little before, lol) on Wednesday the focus is this. 100% focus on Sunday and understanding how crucial this is to where we're heading. This doesn't guarantee us anything snd if we are knocked out the cup it won't be because our players or the staff underestimated the importance of the game, could you say the same about the Leithiopians? 

We're bang up for this I have no doubt, bring them on and pop them back in their box for another wee while.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Unlikely tbf.  Home end will he full Hearts fans.

Market forces...simples .

pettigrewsstylist
15 minutes ago, Chong said:

Key point from gobshite "it feels like a really big game, if not the biggest of the season so far." 

I mean come on......Robbie knows, the players know and we know this IS the most important game and from full time (if not a little before, lol) on Wednesday the focus is this. 100% focus on Sunday and understanding how crucial this is to where we're heading. This doesn't guarantee us anything snd if we are knocked out the cup it won't be because our players or the staff underestimated the importance of the game, could you say the same about the Leithiopians? 

We're bang up for this I have no doubt, bring them on and pop them back in their box for another wee while.

We need to hope uglies or us win cup. Putting SPFL side out contributes greatly to that regardless. Then..theres them!

il Duce McTarkin

I'll be stuck in Penicuik until 2 tomorrow, can anyone recommend a pub that isn't full of Hibs that'll be showing the game?

Fire_At_The_Disco
7 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Wish the game was today. I just want to get this thing started. 

It’s the waiting that kills you mate. 

Just now, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

It’s the waiting that kills you mate. 

Aye. It gets harder the closer the game gets. Could be a sleepless night tonight.

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The Aberdeen starting XI should not change, an undroppable XI IMO.

Agree, hard to justify any changes. If we can get Kuol back on the bench for this game, then him, Oda and Humphrys all look good options to bring on later in the game. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Anyone know where you can buy a scarf on Derby Day?  Do any of the street sellers set up anywhere? 

Guy always sells them once you get accross the bridge of doom and walk towards the sheet hole

28 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

I'll be stuck in Penicuik until 2 tomorrow, can anyone recommend a pub that isn't full of Hibs that'll be showing the game?

8FB75ACD-151A-45F4-8A73-73F755F99A3A.jpeg

Apologies here guys as I'm sure it's been asked 100 times already but only just realised this isn't even on the telly? What's Viaplay? Chances a decent stream? 

Just now, Pennywise said:

Apologies here guys as I'm sure it's been asked 100 times already but only just realised this isn't even on the telly? What's Viaplay? Chances a decent stream

Bound to be a few

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Pennywise said:

Apologies here guys as I'm sure it's been asked 100 times already but only just realised this isn't even on the telly? What's Viaplay? Chances a decent stream? 

Viaplay just new name for Premier sports

2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Viaplay is the new name for premier sports 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Viaplay just new name for Premier sports

Ah right 👍🏼 Do you know if I can buy this one through Hearts TV?

11 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I doubt it, Hibs will probably have a stream for their international subs, but otherwise, I'd maybe just keep an eye on this thread for a stream around kick off. 

Ex member of the SaS

My biggest worry about Porteuous is he will dive for a penalty and the officials will be fooled. Would take a red card when 3-0 up and get Cammy to half him.

58 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Only available if you have a subscription to hearts tv AND  you are watching from outwith the uk (or your laptop/pc/iPad etc is out of the uk 😎)