***Official Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Scottish Cup Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

Pre Derby Nerves in full swing now 

:D 

Yip. Never confident before a derby. It's always the same, form out the window, etc. I'll be feeling physically sick about 2pm 😂

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• JudyJudyJudy

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

1 minute ago, Mister T said:

Yip. Never confident before a derby. It's always the same, form out the window, etc. I'll be feeling physically sick about 2pm 😂

2 hours ago, jambocub said:

I'm the exact same , 40 years of always being nervous before every derby

Watching this made it a little better haha!

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think it’ll be 4, 5, 6 for Hearts. They’re getting pumped.

:yas:

I'm on this train. 

They are getting battered, and it will break them. Jim Cantwin escaped with his job, but Agent Lee isn't. 

Wee Lee, just can’t help himself ,here are some of his latest gems in his recent waffle

Lee Johnson claims Hibs forward line is 'best in the league' outside of Celtic and Rangers

Despite Hearts striker Lawrence Shankland on the verge of hitting the 20 goal mark, Johnson reckons the Hibees have the better firepower.

Ahead of today’s Scottish Cup Edinburgh derby, the Leith boss shut down talk of a major gap between the two capital clubs. The Jambos are currently 11 points ahead of Hibs in the league table and haven’t lost a derby fixture since 2019.

Johnson is insists that when he’s got Kevin Nisbet, Martin Boyle, Aiden McGeady, Elie Youan and Harry McKirdy fit and firing then only Rangers and Celtic have more quality in attack.

DBE92451-5F9A-4BCF-883A-338453D8BF91.png

"I believe our front players, fully-fit with a pre-season behind them, are as good as any outside the Old Firm – and probably the best” - Lee Johnson 

Pin this to the wall tomorrow. 

🤡 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Hmmmmm dunno. Can’t think of anything at all worth doing outwith licensing hours 

9AA9F81F-8FC7-4649-BCF9-C5BB80B153A9.gif

705422CC-20F8-4466-94E6-49B47D832C9B.jpeg

I’m getting the usual nerves be for a game against the hobos… come on the Famous let’s just win this please 

FTH 

HHGH…………..Forever 

I’m in the top 10% pant-wetter bracket, but have a good feeling about tomorrow in my heart. Head says it is exactly 50/50 according to the bookies.

Heart says 1-2, McKay winner. Head says 0-0 and coin flip after that.

11 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

"I believe our front players, fully-fit with a pre-season behind them, are as good as any outside the Old Firm – and probably the best” - Lee Johnson 

🤡 

meaningless wee tit......fth🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

🤡 

The spoon is strong in this one 

luckyBatistuta

5 mins ago, they know what’s coming.

:scenes:

:robboyas:

:rudiyas:

:fth:

68D9D766-85A0-4F34-8A3F-072E0A0406AF.jpeg

8E665F0A-BF27-4B30-A100-A932933DF396.jpeg

2897E3EB-27EC-4632-8460-6FC3CC954B4F.jpeg

Edited by luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yeah he's the one we need to watch, the 2 goals he scored vs Dundee United were of pretty high quality tbf, especially the 2nd one. I don't rate the Dundee United keeper though.

The defending was absolutely diabolical. Think it was Liam smith. If my 10 year old defended like that in a Sunday morning I’d haul him off in embarrassment. He won’t get it anywhere near that easy tomorrow. Similarly to Tynie. 

Cut off the supply to Nisbet and the game will be like it was a couple of weeks ago. Just hope we don't slack off into that 2nd half performance as I'd imagine, given they're at home, they'd take one of the chances given to them. 

1 hour ago, Mister T said:

Yup me too! Same before every Derby! 🤣

pettigrewsstylist

We will need energy, they are gonna kick lumps out us first 30 mins. Match the energy and then let quality shine thro.

We wil need 2 or 3 to win i suspect.

33 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Wee Lee, just can’t help himself ,here are some of his latest gems in his recent waffle

Lee Johnson claims Hibs forward line is 'best in the league' outside of Celtic and Rangers

Despite Hearts striker Lawrence Shankland on the verge of hitting the 20 goal mark, Johnson reckons the Hibees have the better firepower.

Ahead of today’s Scottish Cup Edinburgh derby, the Leith boss shut down talk of a major gap between the two capital clubs. The Jambos are currently 11 points ahead of Hibs in the league table and haven’t lost a derby fixture since 2019.

Johnson is insists that when he’s got Kevin Nisbet, Martin Boyle, Aiden McGeady, Elie Youan and Harry McKirdy fit and firing then only Rangers and Celtic have more quality in attack.

This guy is quality. It’s like he intentionally goes out his way to paint a target on his back. 

I play aggressive attacking football. If they score 4, we’ll score 5!’

‘I have this app and regularly swap ideas with Pep.’

‘I’m in charge of transfers. I’ve been after Bojang and Tavares for years.’

’What do you mean I can’t go out on the bevvy before a game? I can do what I want’

’I have the best strike force outside the OF’

Sounds great Lee. Where are you in the table again?

Eh . . . 6th. Just.’

45 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

It’s less than three weeks since this deluded arsehole was moaning his tits off about being “sick of the mediocrity in the final third” after his team was boabied at Tynecastle.

A chancer.

13 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We will need energy, they are gonna kick lumps out us first 30 mins. Match the energy and then let quality shine thro.

We wil need 2 or 3 to win i suspect.

Really?

I can’t see them scoring to be honest. 

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Never mind Shankland, Mckay and Gino will be pissing themselves at that.

N Lincs Jambo

I don’t normally post on match threads but Hibs are getting ripped a new farter tomorrow. End of story!

43 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Never mind Shankland, Mckay and Gino will be pissing themselves at that.

Absolutely, if Shankland , McKay and Gino play well we have nothing to worry about .

periodictabledancer

Comfortable win for HMFC today.

We're just arguing over the margin. I'll go for 4-0 and a total coin throwing riot from the scum. 

2 hours ago, Mister T said:

I'm feeling physically sick already. Going to be a long night. I want this one bad.

A pumping would be lovely, of course.

But the idea of us edging it 2-1, with Nisbet scoring a cracker but Shankland netting two penalties, oh that would make for a good laugh. Win-win in that case, we'll be in the draw for the next round and they can take solace in winning based on goals that count.

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, DS98 said:

He won’t get it anywhere near that easy tomorrow. Similarly to Tynie. 

Hopefully that's the case 👍🏻

Ricardo Quaresma
11 hours ago, Dalry said:

Never been so confident going into a fixture with Hibs at ER. We are far better than them and our team has such confidence right now, can't see Hibs doing much against us. 1-3 Hearts, maybe a late consolation for them. I think they'll miss Newell a lot 

Think this is the likely score, minimum

11 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Despite what some on here say about Nisbet, I think we need to very aware of him.  He's a natural striker who can score from close in or from range. If he doesn't get any space or if the supply to him is cut off, his threat will be nullified.  I don't think we can take anything for granted.  As in every derby we need to prove we're better than they are.  I think Robbie will know this!

He did nothing on the 2nd and played the full game

4 hours ago, indianajones said:

Anyone got the song name for the 'sholololo Gorgie, jam tarts' song? 

Venga Boys - Brazil

FTH

Need to go for the jugular from kickoff. don't give them time on the ball, get in their faces, take our chances when they come our way. suspect they will try to intimidate us on the park like they did at Hampden in the semi! 

We need a good start as they will come flying out of the traps and see a one off game as their best chance to get their fans on board. A Derby is always who wants it the most but looking at their defence of Rocky, Hanlon, Stevenson, Fish we should be too good. Don't concede early and we will win in my opinion. 

Edited by jimbojambo
Spelling

There's enough excitement about this game that it will no doubt end up a boring no score draw.

Or 1-3 Jambos.

And instead of the predicted them trying kick us off the park, I don't mind if we kick them off the park.

Hibs aren't scoring, lucky if they end up with 3 on target. Nisbit is pish, they wanted rid before injury, never touched the ball 3 weeks ago at Tynecastle. A handful of goals against some bottom 6 shite doesn't change anything. Come out firing Hearts and give them another 90minutes to forget, game won by HT again so they can maybe claim better side second half. 

7 hours ago, LogicalEric said:

Just hope we don't slack off into that 2nd half performance as I'd imagine, given they're at home, they'd take one of the chances given to them. 

Given that both Kingsley and Cochrane are fit, the odds of us having to do a simultaneous double full-back switch and play a right back on the left. 

We were destroying them until that happened. 

13 minutes ago, CMc said:

Given that both Kingsley and Cochrane are fit, the odds of us having to do a simultaneous double full-back switch and play a right back on the left. 

A very rusty, and defensively suspect Right back. Those changes certainly changed the game. 

No nerves here as it's only Hibs, gonna be a 2-1 victory with a red card for them. Take care on the bridge of doom guys. FTH.

9 hours ago, Mac80 said:

🤡 

He’s an absolute wa@#er.   Hearts should be spitting teeth and blood, ready to ram it back down his throat……then laugh. 

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

He’s an absolute wa@#er.   Hearts should be spitting teeth and blood, ready to ram it back down his throat……then laugh. 

100% get that he has to try and seem confident and try and give his players a boost but even they must know he's talking absolute garbage coming out with stuff like that. Guy gets more like David Brent every press conference.

1 hour ago, CMc said:

That's a fair point. In the 2nd half it looked they'd just gone gung ho and chucked everything they could at us. That Youan is always tricky with his pace but has zero end product. McGeady will always have flashes but no danger will he be able to do that for 60/70 mins given his age/injuries. 

Just now, LogicalEric said:

100% get that he has to try and seem confident and try and give his players a boost but even they must know he's talking absolute garbage coming out with stuff like that. Guy gets more like David Brent every press conference.

It comes across as desperate and even his players must feel that unless they are completely thick and buying it.  Thing is though, Johnson will believe it.  He’s a belter. 

It’s actually unneeded pressure he’s put on his players. Not that we need it, but hopefully it works as an own goal on his part.  

The work is done on the training pitch and games as a season goes on, not in the newspaper with desperate attempts to rally your squad.  

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, edramone said:

There's enough excitement about this game that it will no doubt end up a boring no score draw.

Or 1-3 Jambos.

And instead of the predicted them trying kick us off the park, I don't mind if we kick them off the park.

If it's a boring 0-0 it will end up a penalty shoot out.

Boring isn't a option