• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• JudyJudyJudy

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

It's way too (Udin)easy to have a chuckle at them; but, seriously ... if £250K is representative of offers for Porteous then they are in deeper 💩 than I thought. 

Similar position to Sheffield Wednesday with C-Patz.

The question is how important is he to seeing out the season.

As things stand, Hibs have got a realistic chance of finishing out of the relegation and play-off spots. If they feel they can achieve that without Porteous, it's a quarter mill FREE MUNNEY. However, they might consider that Porto is so influential that without him, they'd end up in the boonies. If that were the case, the 'cost' of £250k might be worth it.

Personally, I think there's a good player in there; just that he's not going to show the world how good he is in a Hibs squad. I'm not sure he makes a significant difference to them, so if I were in their shoes, I'd cash in on the £250k.

If I were Joe Savage, I might make a cheeky wee bid of £260k, offering him European football (from the bench) to steer him away from Blackburn :D

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

As things stand, Hibs have got a realistic chance of finishing out of the relegation and play-off spots. If they feel they can achieve that without Porteous, it's a quarter mill FREE MUNNEY. However, they might consider that Porto is so influential that without him, they'd end up in the boonies. If that were the case, the 'cost' of £250k might be worth it.

Personally, I think there's a good player in there; just that he's not going to show the world how good he is in a Hibs squad. I'm not sure he makes a significant difference to them, so if I were in their shoes, I'd cash in on the £250k.

If I were Joe Savage, I might make a cheeky wee bid of £260k, offering him European football (from the bench) to steer him away from Blackburn :D

I'm here.

He's decent and wil improve.

However, he's not as good as the media and Hibs make out, nor is he as bad as He's made out to be on here.

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

And thankfully you are not Joe Savage. What a waste of money that would be. Shit player talked up by hibs with one decent international appearance. Bad attitude, cheating prick that would disrupt our dressing room. Would rather play with 10.

2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

And thankfully you are not Joe Savage. What a waste of money that would be. Shit player talked up by hibs with one decent international appearance. Bad attitude, cheating prick that would disrupt our dressing room. Would rather play with 10.

Good grief!!!

I'm agreeing with you.

🤣🤣👍

south morocco
21 minutes ago, PauloSergio said:

I’m in the West Stand. Going to have to sit on my hands for 90mins. 😂

Fair play. I just couldn’t do it!!

3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

100% agree.  He'll flop wherever he goes and back at H1b5 in 3 or 4 years.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
24 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I'm with a few here who reckon as a footballer he's better than thought of on here, but not as good as he/Hibs think - but that's immaterial because as you point out he is a classless moron who exhibits bad behavior professionally and personally.  In short, he's Hibs.

1 hour ago, PauloSergio said:

I’m in the West Stand. Going to have to sit on my hands for 90mins. 😂

Nah. 55 and then you'll be sitting on your own after the mass exodus 

part_time_jambo

I see the game is on a channel called via play. Is this yet another Sky channel that we have to pay extra to watch?  Won’t be encouraging it I’m afraid, no matter how much I want to see the game.

18 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

I see the game is on a channel called via play. Is this yet another Sky channel that we have to pay extra to watch?  Won’t be encouraging it I’m afraid, no matter how much I want to see the game.

It’s a new name for Premier sports

you can buy 1 month for £15 

Fxxx the SPFL
47 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Nah. 55 and then you'll be sitting on your own after the mass exodus 

Maybe not on his own could be a few others hanging around lol

If folk done on mass we could literally fill the famous five stand with jambos barely a seat sold. They might get suss to a few thousand tickets suddenly flying out the door though 

1 hour ago, Queensland Jambo said:

I'm with a few here who reckon as a footballer he's better than thought of on here, but not as good as he/Hibs think - but that's immaterial because as you point out he is a classless moron who exhibits bad behavior professionally and personally.  In short, he's Hibs.

This. I think there is a half decent player in there in all honesty and a move away from the mutants may help. He's just got a Ready Brek glow (for those who remember) of total fuddery around him that exhibits cheating, plastic hard man and wanna be important to the clueless hoards. My only concern this weekend is not the result as I think we will win this, but what damage the Portoloo will do. I can't put it past him or Cadden to go full throttle on our players.

As someone had mentioned before, I would truly love it if one of our players stood next to him as he inevitably goes down holding head and gives it the wrestling/boxing 10 count. 

2 hours ago, Chevy Chase said:

Expect plenty footage of the Hearts end from the West Stand to appear 😉

Maroon flares at 90mins I’m told in the home end  🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by JAYEL

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Just get into the pot for the next round. Could not care less how it’s done. 

That's what it's all about in the cup.

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

This is your best ever post👍

WheatfieldWarrior
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Guy I used to work with has just told me he's got a ticket in the Hibs end. Right opposite us. 

tempted to do that myself tbh

5 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

tempted to do that myself tbh

it’s crap in the Hibs end, did it twice, never again, you just can’t enjoy it, would rather watch on TV where I can shout and celebrate 

WheatfieldWarrior
2 minutes ago, Dalry said:

it’s crap in the Hibs end, did it twice, never again, you just can’t enjoy it, would rather watch on TV where I can shout and celebrate 

You could give it the big Yaaaaaas!!!! at the end - should be empty by then surely :)

section s heart
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Only other factor is if Hibs think losing Porteous would lose them league places and consequently prize money. 

No way can they afford to sell porteous.  Rumour is Gordon has cut off their cash supply re’ transfers so nobody incoming.  Looks like he’s lost interest in them

Edited by 1971fozzy

part_time_jambo
19 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Only other factor is if Hibs think losing Porteous would lose them league places and consequently prize money. 

Hibs don't care about money for league position or they wouldn't have voted for us to be relegated.

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

It’s a new name for Premier sports

you can buy 1 month for £15 

Cheers. Still not paying them though.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Guy I used to work with has just told me he's got a ticket in the Hibs end. Right opposite us. 

I couldn't do it. I'm like a jack in the box when we cross the halfway line against anyone. I tried it once at Ibrox and had to leave after half an hour, it was unbearable keeping emotions in check.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 19/01/2023 at 00:05, Armageddon said:

3-0 Hibs.  All goals in the first 15 minutes.

Do you have a backup prediction?

For those that don’t have sky tv, one way to get Viaplay is through Amazon Prime. Subscribe to channel for a month for £15. And remember to cancel in your Amazon subscriptions section. If you’re having difficulty finding it just type in viaplay in search function once you are in the app.

38 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

No way can they afford to sell porteous.  Rumour is Gordon has cut off their cash supply re’ transfers so nobody incoming.  Looks like he’s lost interest in them

Wasn’t aware he was putting money into the club in any case.  I think they have been clear that they need to clear the decks before making any moves.   Which I take to mean self fund new transfers but cutting the wage bill.  This is why we’ve only seen outgoing thus far.  Reckon we’ll see some incomings soon, otherwise they are bottom 6,  or even relegation fight candidates.  

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Wasn’t aware he was putting money into the club in any case.  I think they have been clear that they need to clear the decks before making any moves.   Which I take to mean self fund new transfers but cutting the wage bill.  This is why we’ve only seen outgoing thus far.  Reckon we’ll see some incomings soon, otherwise they are bottom 6,  or even relegation fight candidates.  

their accounts will be fun to read. Coming out in March I believe.

on a side note one of my mates is going to hospitality thanks to his work and they are charging his company £225 per person ffs.  Drink obviously included but that’s only from 11.30 till kick off, half time, then after the game 2 hours.  He said he will make sure they make no money from his £225 intends to order everything and leave it on the table if he can’t drink it 🤣🤣.

but shows where they make money

WheatfieldWarrior
58 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Oh dear.  How sad.....

:pleasing: 

LarrysRightFoot

Apologies if already mentioned but the EEN story on Paterson (amongst other things) mentions that Halliday will now miss the game. 

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

You take things too seriously.

£260k to put Porteous on our bench? Out of the squillions we'll make from European football? Got to be worth it for the laughs. Next Christmas, sell him on for £265k. Job's a good 'un.

I know it’s a cup game but this could relegate them. Any win is great in a cup tie but be as clinical as we were on Wednesday and they won’t recover this season. 

51 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Apologies if already mentioned but the EEN story on Paterson (amongst other things) mentions that Halliday will now miss the game. 

Thank goodness.He should only play if we are short of starters.Decent player but nowhere near good enough if we are serious about improving the team/squad.

8 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

Thank goodness.He should only play if we are short of starters.Decent player but nowhere near good enough if we are serious about improving the team/squad.

I was gutted he played in the game at Tynecastle the week before the semi final. Really gutted. 

5 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Just get into the pot for the next round. Could not care less how it’s done. 

Very much so. Won't be an easy game. They'll be up for it and we need to be ready. We've got far more quality but there's a professional job to be done. 

queensferryjambo
13 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Reading on FB about Hearts fans snapping up tickets in the home end

Surely not, Hibs must have a system in place that would stop this. Hearts definitely do as I am sure you have to have a prior purchase history with the club.

I know this might go against the grain, but I hate when Hearts get Celtic and Rangers interlopers in our end and really don't think it is cool our fans going in the Hibs end.

It would be much better if Hibs had just gave us an extra section in their main stand.