The Hearts Ultras ( merged )

No Idle Talk

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Not all versions  hearts brought out a record in 1976, marching through gorgie. Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember

It was on a CD much later than that too. I remember it when I was a kid...probably mid-90s.

A few will always sing the version though that hurts others feelings; it's not really on in this day and age to be offending people.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Wee Mikey

• been here before

• This is My Story Podcast

indianajones
On 15/03/2024 at 15:39, KyleLafferty said:

We won the cup at Hampden,

on a sunny day in May.

The ball fell to Rudi Skacel,

and he made the Hibbes pay.

Grainger scored his pen,

gowser from a yard.

And the party all started,

with a goal from Darren Barr 

Allez Allez Allez 

On 15/03/2024 at 15:42, Sooks said:

Like that 

Good lyrics but i honestly despise this tune.

One that every club seems to have now. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Your about as subtle as a brick, well done tho.

Does the song have naughty words? Yes.

Does this make people sad? Seemingly so.

Don't get what your issue is in this instance.

been here before
27 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

More of an observation than a put down.

Cool.

Using it again soon?

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

a grand piano would not look out of place 

as long as maroon and white 

Getting it up the steps might be a problem 

5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

"We're out to beat you everytime..." Just like the officially released B side back in the day.

Not what I heard being sung yesterday, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip,  it's an important consideration when getting a new player-

Does his name fit in with a song?

And it does, great signing!!!

Armageddon
11 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Not what I heard being sung yesterday, unfortunately.

Aye I can imagine, quite a rousing song though.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Cool.

Using it again soon?

Now, now- no spoilers.

John Findlay
9 hours ago, Taffin said:

It was on a CD much later than that too. I remember it when I was a kid...probably mid-90s.

A few will always sing the version though that hurts others feelings; it's not really on in this day and age to be offending people.

In all seriousness, very difficult nowadays, when there are people who get offended by everything, and anyone.

been here before
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

In all seriousness, very difficult nowadays, when there are people who get offended by everything, and anyone.

Too true Albert not like the old days eh? Fenian blood, chucking bananas and making monkey noises at black players, inviting random females to get their tits out for the boys, songs abot being gay and bent... halcyon days.

Now folk are just offended by all that stuff. None of that pish during your navy days, just woke snowflakes everywhere nowadays.

John Findlay
57 minutes ago, been here before said:

Too true Albert not like the old days eh? Fenian blood, chucking bananas and making monkey noises at black players, inviting random females to get their tits out for the boys, songs abot being gay and bent... halcyon days.

Now folk are just offended by all that stuff. None of that pish during your navy days, just woke snowflakes everywhere nowadays.

You need help, and fast.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Just think,  without the easily offended we could be belting out all these classics. 

Grrrr.....

been here before
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Just think,  without the easily offended we could be belting out all these classics. 

Grrrr.....

Annoying as ****.

Too many easily offended by everything and everyone out there spoiling everyones fun.

Woke gone mad.

Starting to wonder if a better solution to this stupid ****ing Hun song song might actually be for everyone else to join in and use the lyrics from the old CD / record “ out to beat you every time “ ? At the moment most of us just do not sing anything when that song starts up and it dies out really quickly most times . If it was just a minority singing about fenian blood and everyone else singing the other lyrics then it would pretty much wipe the offensive part out right away . Killie and Dundee both sing versions of the song with no issues 

The morons in our own support are a definite minority nowadays so maybe just let it die out naturally and be replaced by the other words

jamboozy
22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You need help, and fast.

I wish everyone else would put him on ignore.😖

boag1874
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Starting to wonder if a better solution to this stupid ****ing Hun song song might actually be for everyone else to join in and use the lyrics from the old CD / record “ out to beat you every time “ ? At the moment most of us just do not sing anything when that song starts up and it dies out really quickly most times . If it was just a minority singing about fenian blood and everyone else singing the other lyrics then it would pretty much wipe the offensive part out right away . Killie and Dundee both sing versions of the song with no issues 

The morons in our own support are a definite minority nowadays so maybe just let it die out naturally and be replaced by the other words

I think unfortunately it’s too tainted by the sectarian version to ever work. It’s always going to be linked to that. Shame because strictly as a football chant it’s a really good one but singing about fenian blood and making references to a fascist Glasgow razor gang in 2024 (which too many will do regardless of what others sing) makes us look like absolute morons

5 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I think unfortunately it’s too tainted by the sectarian version to ever work. It’s always going to be linked to that. Shame because strictly as a football chant it’s a really good one but singing about fenian blood and making references to a fascist Glasgow razor gang in 2024 (which too many will do regardless of what others sing) makes us look like absolute morons

That was always the position I took in the past too , but it does not seem to want to die . Maybe a fresh approach ? Drowning the Hun bit out might be more effective 

Ex member of the SaS

Not offended but why are they singing I was born under a union flag? If they want to support the bigots then go to Hunbrox and take their scummy songs with them.

I know they create a god atmosphere but see at small away grounds like Sat could they not wave the big flags less during the game,just obscured everyone behind thems view,All for it before the game and at a break in play but not constantly.

Ray Gin
4 hours ago, boag1874 said:

:spoton: 

My Dad was a Teddy Boy . They generally did not think too much of the hooligans . The hooligans did not rate the casuals that would ultimately replace them . The Ultras in this country seem to be far more removed from casuals than the ultras in other countries are . Best just to let them strike their own path I reckon . Our ones do not seem to be that arsed about bigotry , racism and homophobia ect, so personally quite happy to have them adding a bit of noise to proceedings and I do not think my 45 year old self is entitled to tell them how to dress :) 

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:spoton: 

I used to vehemently argue this very same point mate . It has not got rid of it though . If anything , when a few decide to sing the Hun version , and everyone else stays quiet , it makes what they are singing more clear to everyone else . If it was diluted down by three quarters of a stadium sing the less offensive lines then maybe that would be a more successful way of getting rid of it 

stirlingshirejambo
2 hours ago, bigdav said:

I know they create a god atmosphere but see at small away grounds like Sat could they not wave the big flags less during the game,just obscured everyone behind thems view,All for it before the game and at a break in play but not constantly.

I was sat in amongst them and as unsure if we could get 3 seats together elsewhere we decided to stay.

one ultra introduced himself and asked our names as obviously we were not part of their group and he was most pleasant think he was just reassuring us that they were going be no bother

i was right behind one of the flags and while mildly annoying got used to it and to be honest I’m more than happy to accept this as I love their enthusiasm and noise. A number never came back (or moved) after half time so much less cramped and while I wouldn’t choose to sit amongst them have no problem with their general behaviour

The Union Jack song irritates me but nowhere near as much as Sibbick falling asleep in 6 yard box 

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

I was sat in amongst them and as unsure if we could get 3 seats together elsewhere we decided to stay.

one ultra introduced himself and asked our names as obviously we were not part of their group and he was most pleasant think he was just reassuring us that they were going be no bother

i was right behind one of the flags and while mildly annoying got used to it and to be honest I’m more than happy to accept this as I love their enthusiasm and noise. A number never came back (or moved) after half time so much less cramped and while I wouldn’t choose to sit amongst them have no problem with their general behaviour

The Union Jack song irritates me but nowhere near as much as Sibbick falling asleep in 6 yard box 

😂

Ray Gin
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I used to vehemently argue this very same point mate . It has not got rid of it though . If anything , when a few decide to sing the Hun version , and everyone else stays quiet , it makes what they are singing more clear to everyone else . If it was diluted down by three quarters of a stadium sing the less offensive lines then maybe that would be a more successful way of getting rid of it 

How do you ensure a ratio that drowns out the hun version though? 

12 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I'm not getting drawn on wider things like racism and sexism as I don't think they're comparable, but the topic in discussion just strikes me as everyone involved needing to grow up and enter the 21st century.

Edited by Taffin

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

How do you ensure a ratio that drowns out the hun version though? 

If everyone that does sing at the moment sings , then I expect they would be in the minority . My reasoning is that we sing in unison to most songs if we know them , and we do , but when that song starts it is always less people at the beginning and it tails off dramatically when it reaches “ we’re “

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is just Gorgie Stand but there’s a display tomorrow to mark Big Hearts Day - make sure you’re at your seat ahead of teams coming out to take part!

Armageddon

Brilliant again today GU’s 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Absolutely getting the stadium rocking!

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

They certainly were and outside they were collecting money for big hearts. Well done troops

Gundermann
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Yes, fantastic noise in second half. 

JudyJudyJudy

Yes they did well . There was a very rousing “ heart of Midlothian “ 

heartsfc_fan

Got the stadium going a few times today. Especially around the 60th minute 👍

Eric Milligans Duffle Coat

They were and are a credit to themselves and the club for the most part.

Kudos to the boy Robbie who was brilliant today trying to get kids and folk in wheelchairs involved. Him, Chris and Freddie often go above and beyond to engage with people which is really good.

Chunks of hospitality were bouncing with them, a peek of what could be if their section were to keep expanding. Shame there wasn't a goal at the Gorgie end to win it.

mscjambo
1 hour ago, Eric Milligans Duffle Coat said:

They were and are a credit to themselves and the club for the most part.

Kudos to the boy Robbie who was brilliant today trying to get kids and folk in wheelchairs involved. Him, Chris and Freddie often go above and beyond to engage with people which is really good.

Freddie has a very good social media presence too. Engages alot

Ultras have been hugely positive 

Edited by mscjambo

Generic Username

Night and day from the reprobates who tried to do an ultra section way back when. They seem to have it nailed down & if they can grow their allocation at Tynecastle it's only going to be a good thing. 

norrie1952
2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Yes that was brilliant. It must inspire the players 

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, kila said:

Chunks of hospitality were bouncing with them, a peek of what could be if their section were to keep expanding. Shame there wasn't a goal at the Gorgie end to win it.

There was a boy in a suit bouncing up and down second half, a few sherbets taken I think 😂

20 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

There was a boy in a suit bouncing up and down second half, a few sherbets taken I think 😂

Seen this today across the stadium from the Roseburn. Must’ve been a good day in the Gorgie Suite. 🤣

been here before
35 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Older boy, glasses, either bald or grey hair wearing a grey suit?

Aye he was rocking :rofl:

1 minute ago, been here before said:

I could see him from the Roseburn

Gorgie corporate bouncing second half 🙂

gordon simpson
4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

loved the woman just up behind the GU she was dancing and singing like a Banshee HHGH

Perth to Paisley

Best atmosphere for ages

Their efforts didn't end on the Whistle either as they were clearing up all the display.

Fine effort 👏👏👏

norrie1952

Everyone will want hospitality now.A meal,light refreshment and a bloody good sing song. Well done ultras.

Chuck Berry
22 minutes ago, been here before said:

White shirt, dark tie. He was well on it 👏 

maroondevo52

I thought the young team ( well some not so young) in upper N would have moved beside the Ultras but doesn't look like it.

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Did a good job,