The Hearts Ultras ( merged )

No Idle Talk

Shooter McGavin

The reasons why they're in the Gorgie has been done to death on here many times.

We've got the enviable problem of having sold-out season tickets, so getting them all in one area can't just happen overnight. I reckon it'll take them a few years to expand beyond their current section.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• been here before

• Wee Mikey

Chuck Berry

Get the whole front of the Georgie safe standing and allow the Ultras to expand.  It'll take time due to people wanting to be moved, but ultimately that has to be the plan.  Get the N neds in there as well away from the away sections.

ginger jambo98

Did anyone get a wee vid of the GU doing the Poznan near full time ? Top trolling of the Goon Brigade tramps.

been here before
1 hour ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Did anyone get a wee vid of the GU doing the Poznan near full time ? Top trolling of the Goon Brigade tramps.

Not a patch on the whole stadium doing it during the 4-0 game. That was stellar trolling, the only time I can recall the whole Wheatfield stand moving.

Shame the telly cameras some how didnt manage to capture it though :rolleyes2: and the best we have of it a youtube video of Lafferty laughing at it from the bench.

Screenshot_20240304_185509_SamsungInternet.jpg.0e5eb8332bd1b19f0dcc5c6acaf0ba8a.jpg

2 hours ago, ginger jambo98 said:

giphy.gif

ginger jambo98
31 minutes ago, kila said:

giphy.gif

Brilliant, cheers Kila.

heartsfc_fan
48 minutes ago, kila said:

giphy.gif

:Shanks:

Aussie Jambo

How come we only have that many?

Genuine question. It seems that all the other teams seem to have 10x as many? 
I love the ultras. Bringing back the shed days with the MIBs. 

Smithian

Love the group. Appreciate they are non-political and non-sectarian. As long as that remains, hopefully in the long term Hearts work to provide them safe standing and to expand the section.

Drums don't bother me. But megaphones are terrible, so thoughts are with nearby ticketholders who have to deal with that.

Fire_At_The_Disco

I love them, brought some much needed fan participation back to the stands, there was even a few of the prawn sandwich munchers in section S comfy seats getting involved. Anyway as an auld middle ager I hope they keep growing in numbers, would love to see a full lower standing section of the young team. 

11 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

There’s more of them at away games. The season ticket situation doesn’t help them at Tynecastle. We need to be moving people out of the bottom sections and have the entire bottom section an ultras area. Tynecastle is a library without them. 

Paris 84

I’ve never understood why the Ultras don’t use the “Lawrence Shankland is a ****ing goal machine” song, as it would certainly get taken up by the rest of the fans. 

30 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

I’ve never understood why the Ultras don’t use the “Lawrence Shankland is a ****ing goal machine” song, as it would certainly get taken up by the rest of the fans. 

Maybe they think three songs for him would be overkill. 

31 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

As much as I would love this and I love that song, it is surely reserved for the sweet prince only. 

Nelly Terraces

I'm another old timer & think these young lads are doing a top job, but I can think of 2 things small to improve the whole 'Ultras' thing:

1. To them personally: Lads, quit wearing all black gear like all the other groups at other clubs, it's just sheep like behaviour. Be more individual & wear wtf you like, or club colours. 

2. To the club: I know it might take time & some logistics, but get them back down the other end of the ground. They had way more effect of getting the rest of the ground making a racket when they were there & are a bit lost stuck in that section at the Gorgie end. 

Shooter McGavin
13 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

The group is bigger than their current section, as we see at away games.

I reckon they could easily fill the neighbouring sections, but right now a lot of the group will still be in other parts of the stadium, and with the ST's being sold-out, it's not that easy to move folk around.

With that being said, hopefully the club slowly shift folk around season-by-season until they've got the full bottom of the Gorgie.

Wee Mikey
4 hours ago, Bender said:

Maybe they think three songs for him would be overkill. 

Nah, the more Shanks songs the better, say I.

🎶🎵🎶

I'm too sexy for my shirt,
Too sexy for my shirt,
So sexy it hurts.

And I'm too sexy for the Celts,
Too sexy for the Gers, man,
Middle East, or Japan.

🎶🎵🎶

Methinks the Hearts 'catwalk' suits him just fine.

😎

Aussie Jambo
6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Nah, the more Shanks songs the better, say I.

🎶🎵🎶

I'm too sexy for my shirt,
Too sexy for my shirt,
So sexy it hurts.

And I'm too sexy for the Celts,
Too sexy for the Gers, man,
Middle East, or Japan.

🎶🎵🎶

Methinks the Hearts 'catwalk' suits him just fine.

😎

😂😂

Aussie Jambo
10 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I reckon they could easily fill the neighbouring sections, but right now a lot of the group will still be in other parts of the stadium, and with the ST's being sold-out, it's not that easy to move folk around.

With that being said, hopefully the club slowly shift folk around season-by-season until they've got the full bottom of the Gorgie.

Would make sense. They already made room behind the goals. Can’t be hard to move the rest? 

Need a front facing South American style anthem for big games/European nights where the whole stadium is bouncing, got the ideal stadium for it, River Plate style

Edited by sac
Spelling

been here before
13 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I was at this game. Anyone remember what this was about? Dundee polis were renowned for being *******s. Always loved when this went down. Hooly hoooly hooligans. 

https://youtu.be/xkRB-9yWkdE?si=neL3rp7STcfV_ujT

I think your answer as to what it was about is explained in the first few sentences of Cock Browns commentary.

Loved away days then, great numbers on the move and nice to see those TSB corners again.

Pasquale for King

The march and fireworks are embarrassing and scaring neighbours and pets doesn’t reflect well on the club. 

the posh bit
16 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I was at this game. Anyone remember what this was about? Dundee polis were renowned for being *******s. Always loved when this went down. Hooly hoooly hooligans. 

https://youtu.be/xkRB-9yWkdE?si=neL3rp7STcfV_ujT

Was at that match. It was pretty mental, standard for Tannadice back then. There was always the odd brick getting lobbed over the perimeter fence. It was usually both ways however their fans were pretty quiet once the GA started on the police that night. 

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

There was plenty of empty seats around them on Sunday.

Shooter McGavin
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There was plenty of empty seats around them on Sunday.

Aye there was.

We’ve all seen over the last few seasons how big the group is at away games, and if that carried over to home games, the Gorgie stand could become the focal point of the stadium 👍🏻

Aussie Jambo
9 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Was at that match. It was pretty mental, standard for Tannadice back then. There was always the odd brick getting lobbed over the perimeter fence. It was usually both ways however their fans were pretty quiet once the GA started on the police that night. 

Might have been the cross over from Gorge Boot boys to CSF. It was about 1984 the casuals in Edinburgh started. Our fans have never backed away from any fights. E we were the worst in Scotland for a long time. That’s why I loved going in the shed as a teenager. Same as these young chairs. 

fabienleclerq
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The march and fireworks are embarrassing and scaring neighbours and pets doesn’t reflect well on the club. 

Away you go.

Mr Sifter
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Come on tae **** 🤣

The fireworks are a bit mental tbf, surprised the police allow it. Flares/smoke bombs are fine.

Jamborose
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Deary me……

Gorgierools
10 hours ago, the posh bit said:

I remember painting hard hats maroon and white for protection in the shed. Darts were often the projectile of choice. Never seen a corkscrew tbf

the posh bit
52 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

I remember painting hard hats maroon and white for protection in the shed. Darts were often the projectile of choice. Never seen a corkscrew tbf

Do you remember the eggs and flour at Paisley? 😀

Gorgierools
2 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Do you remember the eggs and flour at Paisley? 😀

Yep,and the golf balls 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Away you go.

No fun having two dog’s barking their heads off because some wee ******s think they’re clever, they behave at the match they shouldn’t act like these other ***** outside. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Come on tae **** 🤣

I take it you dont have dogs going off their heads when people are illegally letting of fireworks in a built up area? 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Jamborose said:

Deary me……

Its not Turkey or Italy, they should save their energy for games where we can barely hear them over the away fans. 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Aye there was.

We’ve all seen over the last few seasons how big the group is at away games, and if that carried over to home games, the Gorgie stand could become the focal point of the stadium 👍🏻

Depends on whether the club feel like expanding the area really.

Mr Sifter
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I take it you dont have dogs going off their heads when people are illegally letting of fireworks in a built up area? 

No, I don’t. As it happens, my dog sleeps through every fireworks night without concern, but I appreciate he’s in a tiny minority that do. That doesn’t detract from my point though. I can never understand folk who choose to live in a built up area like Slateford, yet complain about the noise. There’s probably more noise emits from the boozers/main road/schools/trainlines there over the course of a year than there is with fireworks going off once in a blue moon. I just don’t get it 🤷‍♂️ 

Peakybunnet

They would be better in the school end to be honest. Closer to G and N and would create a great atmosphere. 

Only problem I see is the Hibs game issues. My preference would be to give them one section only and problem would be solved. 

Plenty season ticket holders in the school end would be happy to move across the ground. 

Apologies for calling it school end but always has been to me. 

Scott Leitch
38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its not Turkey or Italy, they should save their energy for games where we can barely hear them over the away fans. 

😂

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

No, I don’t. As it happens, my dog sleeps through every fireworks night without concern, but I appreciate he’s in a tiny minority that do. That doesn’t detract from my point though. I can never understand folk who choose to live in a built up area like Slateford, yet complain about the noise. There’s probably more noise emits from the boozers/main road/schools/trainlines there over the course of a year than there is with fireworks going off once in a blue moon. I just don’t get it 🤷‍♂️ 

We have lived in Gorgie for over 20 years through choice, rarely ever complain about the noise, the wife has moaned about parking during games etc. But when It’s unnecessary and illegal fireworks them yes Im going to complain. Not really sure what benefit they believe it brings, my great nephew was on the “march” and he couldn’t answer that either. 
Glad your dog doesn’t get upset by fireworks but most pets do, due to the  omnipresent mice in the area lots of people have cats too. There are enough fireworks going off without our fan’s adding to the problem. 

Thunder and Lightning
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I take it you dont have dogs going off their heads when people are illegally letting of fireworks in a built up area

Have your told your mum, or a teacher?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

They would be better in the school end to be honest. Closer to G and N and would create a great atmosphere. 

Only problem I see is the Hibs game issues. My preference would be to give them one section only and problem would be solved. 

Plenty season ticket holders in the school end would be happy to move across the ground. 

Apologies for calling it school end but always has been to me. 

They were fine in section n, they actually saved us hearing the songs more suited to Rangers. We can’t hear them most weeks in section p. 

We_are_the_Hearts

Its like the folk that buy houses near airports and moan about the flight paths :notsure:.

Generation of whingers. Aye lets all go to a game of footy and keep the noise down cause of a dug 😄.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Have your told your mum, or a teacher?

I would explain it to you or anyone else on here easily in person.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Its like the folk that buy houses near airports and moan about the flight paths :notsure:.

Generation of whingers. Aye lets all go to a game of footy and keep the noise down cause of a dug 😄.

Nobody makes more noise at the game than me, there’s absolutely no reason to breaking the law outside grounds, lets leave that to the uglies or the Hibs fans. 

Pasquale for King

Everyone seems to be desperate to go back to the old days, they were great no doubt but unfortunately it’s 2024 and we have moved on. 
The atmosphere has definitely improved since the GU began and they are a welcome addition inside the stadium. 

soonbe110
14 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Aye there was.

It’s only proper registered GU’s that are allowed into the section in Gorgie.  At away games anybody can, and lots do, join up with them. Not full-blown GU’s though and not bound by the behaviour agreement that’s in place for home games. 

conn artist

Can someone help me out. What are the lyrics to chant sung to Oasis - She’s Electric. Can never work out beyond the first line or two. My son really wants to know. 

Thanks in advance.