The Hearts Ultras ( merged )

No Idle Talk

Gorgie_Rules
1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

The GU are a registered supporters club just like Merchy Hearts, Livi Hearts etc so they apply for tickets the same as every other supporters club. They are allocated tickets based on how many LP’s they have and if they qualify for a ticket. Easter Road a good example. The application sent in for the GU was about 100+ but only 70 odd qualified through the loyalty point scheme. 

Be a big loyalty threshold for Morton I would imagine. 

Bit of a long winded statement but Morton gave Motherwell an allocation of 3,000, with the statement suggesting it could have went up to 3,600.

https://gmfc.net/general-manager-stadium-update/

Wouldn’t be too far off the Easter Road threshold if we get that.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• been here before

• Wee Mikey

I am surprised there is even a little bit of dissent now . It is just a tiny minority that moan about them now as the thread indicates . They have been good to their word and do not give it racist or sectarian shit , and they keep the atmosphere ticking over in between flash points which create a natural atmosphere . Probably time everyone just accepted them as one of the many groups of supporters in our broad church and just let them get on with it tbh 

Selkirkhmfc1874
15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am surprised there is even a little bit of dissent now . It is just a tiny minority that moan about them now as the thread indicates . They have been good to their word and do not give it racist or sectarian shit , and they keep the atmosphere ticking over in between flash points which create a natural atmosphere . Probably time everyone just accepted them as one of the many groups of supporters in our broad church and just let them get on with it tbh 

Absolutely, they've been great on matchday and also the charity stuff they've done aswell ! Been a credit to the club

7 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Not sure the Lp system includes a requirement to sing at games. 

Don't get me wrong, I welcome the backing the GUs bring and, as has been pointed out, they more than likely have enough LPs to get tickets 

Well that’s alright then. Let’s give these guys the praise they deserve.

The Treasurer
28 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well that’s alright then. Let’s give these guys the praise they deserve.

Which I have done if you read my previous posts. 

One negative for me is the stereo type black hoodies. They should be maroon making them stand out from the rest 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Which I have done if you read my previous posts. 

One negative for me is the stereo type black hoodies. They should be maroon making them stand out from the rest 

Why is black hoodies a negative because if you look at most Hearts fans black is the most common colour. You see black is the most common colour of hoodie as an example I have 3 black hoodies & 1 grey and you want these guy’s to go out and buy maroon hoodies because you think the Ultras should stand out from the rest. Well I’m sure the Ultras would welcome you buying every Ultra a maroon hoodie (good quality) or find them a sponsor which these guys might like. . A bit of advice TT, maybe better asking the Gorgie Ultras on their views first.

Edited by mitch41

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Why is black hoodies a negative because if you look at most Hearts fans black is the most common colour. You see black is the most common colour of hoodie as an example I have 3 black hoodies & 1 grey and you want these guy’s to go out and buy maroon hoodies because you think the Ultras should stand out from the rest. Well I’m sure the Ultras would welcome you buying every Ultra a maroon hoodie (good quality) or find them a sponsor which these guys might like. . A bit of advice TT, maybe better asking the Gorgie Ultras on their views first.

You've answered your own question. They just look the same as every other group. 

Our club is unique, so are our fans. 

As for the expense, I don't think the cost of a hoodie would be outwith the means of most people 

gordon simpson

FC Copenhagen ultras  look great behind goals

Hearts should aim for a whole end behind goals outstanding 

• 3 weeks later...

I like that our Ultras are pure with no political or antagonising songs. 

They did output a loud rendition of ‘Celtic Boysclub Paedophiles’ today. 

Good to get the Mhanks riled up but hopefully our crew keep going with a good image. Respect for atmosphere today. 👍

been here before

Section N doing their best trying to get the Billy Boys going, fenian blood and all thankfully didnt take of despite a fair few efforts.

1874Jambo

I'm not a fan of 'the ultras' feel the players are quick to acknowledge them after the game and the rest of the ground are second place, do we know if they actually pay for all the seats behind the goals or are people missing out on a seat where the banner takes up 2 rows

2 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

I'm not a fan of 'the ultras' feel the players are quick to acknowledge them after the game and the rest of the ground are second place, do we know if they actually pay for all the seats behind the goals or are people missing out on a seat where the banner takes up 2 rows

I smell shite

Shooter McGavin
8 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

The players have been on record as saying they love the Gorgie Ultras, but they hate every other Hearts fan in the stadium with a passion, so you’re probably right.

And with regards to the seats, people do actually sit in them but the ultras get in nice and early to drag them out and put their banners down 👍🏻

been here before
3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The players have been on record as saying they love the Gorgie Ultras, but they hate every other Hearts fan in the stadium with a passion, so you’re probably right.

Thats true, its what the huddle at the end was about. Alll telling each other how big a set of wanks each section is apart from the 'ultras'. I've heard B is particularly disliked. No idea why.

Perhaps someone ITK could tell us.

Edited by been here before

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

what a pile of shite. 

They go and enjoy themselves whilst certain other sections of the ground sit on their hands grumbling about any little bit of loud noise or swear word. 

No wonder the players want to acknowledge them. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

Thats true, its what the huddle at the end was about. Alll telling each other how big a set of wanks each section is apart from the 'ultras'. I've heard B is particularly disliked. No idea why.

Do you sit in B?

Paisley Jambo
On 13/02/2024 at 13:56, Sooks said:

Totally agree. Create a good atmosphere before and during games. Visits to Tynecastle are more enjoyable now.

The Levein Library seems like a different era now

been here before
7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Do you sit in B?

Nah I deliberately chose the one I didnt sit in to deny the first dullard to predictably ask that question the chance to shine.

Rousset1

I would buy all The Ultras a half-time pie if I could afford to do so.

Maybe FOH could oblige?

Back of the Bus

Another solid vote for the GU.

They lift the atmos at Tynie and even more so away. 

Keep it up. 

fabienleclerq
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nah I deliberately chose the one I didnt sit in to deny the first dullard to predictably ask that question the chance to shine.

🤣

Benny Klack
45 minutes ago, been here before said:

oi - I’m in section B 😳

Thought the GU’s were great again today - well done folks, keep it going, you are making a difference. Hopefully see the section expand next season 👏

Thunder and Lightning
On 13/02/2024 at 19:25, The Treasurer said:

You've answered your own question. They just look the same as every other group. 

Our club is unique, so are our fans. 

As for the expense, I don't think the cost of a hoodie would be outwith the means of most people 

Our club isn't unique. It's the same as the majority of other football clubs. Yes there are a few differences. But that's it. 

As for the hoodie situation. Many people wear tops to the game. A section all wearing black does stand out. And that's the point.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, 1874Jambo said:

Maybe because they travel to all the away games and back the team even when games are shite no? 

You're either at it or dolly. 

boag1874
2 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

Jealous much? Deary me

2 hours ago, been here before said:

TBF, I couldn't resist.  A bit like Alan Davies on QI, knows the obvious response will get a klaxon, but can't help himself.

1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Our club isn't unique. It's the same as the majority of other football clubs. Yes there are a few differences. But that's it. 

As for the hoodie situation. Many people wear tops to the game. A section all wearing black does stand out. And that's the point.

That is something that seems to escape those that criticise them for wearing all black.  It does stand out amongst  a sea of largely maroon.  Yes, it makes them look like ultras from other clubs, but the ultras at those clubs also stand out because they wear black, rather than their team's colours.  Obviously it wouldn't work if you're team's colours were black, but how many teams play in black? 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, jamborich said:

I think they are brilliant and I’m 68 keep it going boys 

I’m fast approaching 70 and I love those lads. Takes me back to my younger days when we got behind our team from below the refreshment kiosk under the covered terracing. 

GinRummy
8 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

When I was young I always promised myself I wouldn’t end up an old fuddy duddy. Good you’ve embraced it.  

Imagine being jealous you didn't get a wee clap from the players at full time 

The Treasurer

Could have done without the "pedophile" songs yesterday. 

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

what a pile of shite. 

They go and enjoy themselves whilst certain other sections of the ground sit on their hands grumbling about any little bit of loud noise or swear word. 

No wonder the players want to acknowledge them. 

👍

Edited by Harry Potter

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Could have done without the "pedophile" songs yesterday. 

Nah,being a peody hiding club isn't a protected characteristic.

Not my banter, but Fair game giving the circumstances imo!

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah,being a peody hiding club isn't a protected characteristic.

Not my banter, but Fair game giving the circumstances imo!

I don't think child abuse is a subject that should be used for football "banter" in any circumstances 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, The Treasurer said:

I don't think child abuse is a subject that should be used for football "banter" in any circumstances 

Me neither, but others disagree and each to their own.

I don't think abusing anyone is banter for any flaw,  but I here a lot of bad words and name calling at the football, I'm not there to police it.

Bungalow Bill

I’d prefer the ultra’s were in a section closer to the away end - maybe add to the atmosphere a bit more, do the ultras like being in the Gorgie stand? 

ehcaley
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

When I was young I always promised myself I wouldn’t end up an old fuddy duddy. Good you’ve embraced it.  

When I was young,I followed Hearts

HMFC the team for me❤🇱🇻

jamboozy
7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’m fast approaching 70 and I love those lads. Takes me back to my younger days when we got behind our team from below the refreshment kiosk under the covered terracing. 

Oh man, now you’re taking me back, scarf on my wrist and one tied through the belt loop on my Levy’s.

I like seeing and hearing the GU , the only thing that disappointed yesterday was there were fewer of them.

boag1874
18 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I’d prefer the ultra’s were in a section closer to the away end - maybe add to the atmosphere a bit more, do the ultras like being in the Gorgie stand? 

The Ultras wanted to be behind the goals as it’s the most natural place for a “home end”. It won’t always be one wee section it’s worth remembering, it’ll expand out potentially with the addition of safe standing. As the section grows it’ll make more sense as to why it’s behind the goals.

Why not put ultras in roseburn 3 sections behind goals, along with section n and section h in the wheatfield the place would be bouncing. Give all away fans one section.

Silvery_Moon
10 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

I wonder if somewhere else could be found for the banner to allow two more rows worth of ultras to attend. 

Doc Rob

I like them. I was worried they might borrow from the Rangers* song book, but they haven’t. I do find the drum annoying, but maybe that’s just me

AlphonseCapone
13 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

The Ultras wanted to be behind the goals as it’s the most natural place for a “home end”. It won’t always be one wee section it’s worth remembering, it’ll expand out potentially with the addition of safe standing. As the section grows it’ll make more sense as to why it’s behind the goals.

Aye I didn't think the Gorgie stand was the right place initially but I get the logic now once it grows and I think it's the best place for it. 

I think they are often out of sync with the rest of the ground, but it'll solve itself once their section grows.

Really not a fan of drums being banged constantly though, think that really does affect the rest of the stadium getting a song going.

Batistuta87
11 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

Waaaah they went to them first waaaaaaah 

Christ man. Grow up. 

46 minutes ago, hans said:

Why not put ultras in roseburn 3 sections behind goals, along with section n and section h in the wheatfield the place would be bouncing. Give all away fans one section.

I'm pretty sure this has been explained many times over.

gordon simpson
32 minutes ago, kila said:

I think they are often out of sync with the rest of the ground, but it'll solve itself once their section grows.

Really not a fan of drums being banged constantly though, think that really does affect the rest of the stadium getting a song going.

old fart here , love the drum love the ultras .

Onward and upward HHGH