The Hearts Ultras ( merged )

No Idle Talk

Cameronstheman
2 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Allez Allez, Gorgie Jamtarts, nice one Cyril and have heard the tune of the new Cantwell song but it hasn’t taken off just too name a few 

I think most Ultras have the same songs no big deal 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• been here before

• Wee Mikey

1 minute ago, Cameronstheman said:

Yep!

been here before
3 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Indeed. Tik tok identikit ultras.

No difference from one team to another.

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Brilliant atmosphere created again but I did cringe at the nice one Cyril song stolen from the huns. 

I did laugh when I heard Rangers sing it last week.

The song is a very famous Spurs song for us of an older generation or two.

Cyril Kowles played for Spurs as a left back, the song written to celebrate his first goal for the club. Early 70s.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I did laugh when I heard Rangers sing it last week.

The song is a very famous Spurs song for us of an older generation or two.

Cyril Kowles played for Spurs as a left back, the song written to celebrate his first goal for the club. Early 70s.

No it wasnt. The song was originally written as an advert for a bread company. Cyril was the name of the baker in the ad.

Spurs copied it from there by way of the Cockerel Chorus releasing it.

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, been here before said:

No it wasnt. The song was originally written as an advert for a bread company. Cyril was the name of the baker in the ad.

Well you Ken what I meant :lol:

Must admit I don't remember the ad and how do you know that, you're just a whippersnapper?

Kjell Olofsson

Well done to all fans that made the trip to Dens Park today! Outstanding! Just watched the highlights. 

Ultras right behind the goals looked great! Trust me, would look even better if you ditched the black for maroon.

The whole black thing will run its course in society soon! Move to maroon soon! Our famous maroon! 

Leave the black to St Mirren, Ayr United, Derby County, Notts County and all the other teams that wear black rather than their club colours!

HeartofIron
11 hours ago, been here before said:

Also very big in the 80's with WBA and Coventry fans when the superb Cyrille Regis scored. 

Pretty much all current songs are adapted from old terrace chants. 

No problems at all with it. GU have been brilliant last couple of seasons. 

These lads & lassies are the future of the club.

As an old codger, I think they're a breath of fresh air.

long may they continue !👍

2 hours ago, bairdy said:

These lads & lassies are the future of the club.

As an old codger, I think they're a breath of fresh air.

long may they continue !👍

Correct.  👍🇱🇻

jamborich

Jumping on this thread not really wanting to read it all but have to say the young guys make my day I’m 68 love the atmosphere they bring to the stadium 

the posh bit
On 03/02/2024 at 20:38, been here before said:

Indeed. Tik tok identikit ultras.

No difference from one team to another.

Spot on. 

On 03/02/2024 at 23:04, been here before said:

Didn’t he famously dribble the ball out from his own goal line?

I’m sure I can remember seeing something from saint and greavsie years ago but tried to find it on google and couldn’t. 

Tommy Brown

After reading the Wiki, I don't think there was an original song, only a slogan.

Cockney chorus put it to music and won an award

its writers Spiro and Clarke received an Ivor Novello Award for Best Novel or Unusual Song in 1974.

In 1972, Wonderloaf Bread created a television advertising campaign written by Peter Mayle with the slogan "Nice one, Cyril", where the slogan was used to congratulate a baker named Cyril for baking a good loaf of bread.[4][5][6] The slogan was picked by fans of the football club Tottenham Hotspur, who chanted "Nice one Cyril" to praise a Tottenham player named Cyril Knowles.[6][7] Harold Spiro, a fan of the club, wrote the song with Helen Clarke based on the slogan. They also used the tune of the folk song "Farewell, Ladies" for the chorus. The song was performed by the Cockerel Chorus (the cockerel is the emblem of Tottenham Hotspur) fronted by Spiro, with Jamie Phillips singing the opening operatic part.[8] It is also the first professional recording of future Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain.

22 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

New logo for next season needed lads

why change it

hoof.hearted

Having sang & chanted up in the corner in my youth I'm officially an auld ******* now so absolutely love what the ultras are doing. Wish you could fill the entire stand.

hoof.hearted

And another thing that I love about our ultras, they're not wannabe terrorists like our city neighbours from Lochend.

Hectormasson
3 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Having sang & chanted up in the corner in my youth I'm officially an auld ******* now so absolutely love what the ultras are doing. Wish you could fill the entire stand.

👏👏👏👏👏👏🙌

gorgierulesapply88

Negative comments are part and parcel and yet still not everyone will agree with the idea.

They have certainly been a breath of fresh air, and continue to 'grow' both in stature and size.

Those who organise things are respected both in and out the group.

And I cannot wait to see future creativity both with displays when planned and WHEN the expansion is granted. 

On 03/02/2024 at 15:04, 19/05/2012 said:

seems like most of the songs are stolen from Rangers unfortunately

Turn on a Hearts match then a random high level match in a CONMEBOL nation then a random high level match in MLS and you'll hear the same tunes with some different words. 

Only so many popular, catchy tunes exist that you can change words to match a football match. 

If they're singing and making noise and having fun, I give them an A+, as long as the tunes are not sectarian nor racist. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I was sitting (well, standing) right behind them tonight. It was brilliant. I'm officially a "Hearts da" (horrible weegie patter aside), but I had a great time. I don't know all the words to all the songs but joined in for most of them. And the banner was superb. 

Pieandbovril
On 20/11/2022 at 15:16, No Idle Talk said:

I'm 47yo so I'm a wee bit auld for the ultras scene. I've observed this scene happening at Celtic and Rangers over the last few years and, frankly, thought it was all a bit wank. I've felt it was wank because I remember being at Tynecastle in the 80's and the atmosphere was tremendous. No ultras. Just Hearts fans.

I suppose times move on. The atmosphere at Tynecastle for your average home fixture against St Mirren, Ross County, Kilmarnock etc isn't always what it could be. So I'm slowly coming around to the way of thinking that this 'Ultras' movement isn't a bad thing. I'd rather have some ultras giving it beans than Tynecastle being a bit of a morgue on match day. 

It's probably a generational thing. I just think fans should turn up and sing songs without the need for an 'ultra' movement. But maybe those days have gone?

Respect to the young crew who love the Jambos enough to jump up and down and sing for 90mins non stop. I love that and we need that energy.

Just curious to know what people's thoughts in general are on this subject?

It's a good question and topic. (this my first post btw -  so possibly crapping on too much)

Like you I've mixed feeling about the so-called ultras - esp. the wearing black palaver. And no scarfs? But yes they do lead in the singing - which is needed.

I'm 63 and well remember the 'good old days' when the shed (right in front of the pie and bovril stand) was the centre of all the singing. It took a helluva match e.g beating Hibs or the legendary match v Lokomotiv Leipzig in 1976 for the auld trusties in the auld stand to start singing - e.g "His name is Drew Busby the talk of the North.....".

So while the shed always was singing the rest of the ground not so much. 

I think most folk see all-seated grounds as having killed the atmosphere a lot. Unlike actually killing people as the old terracing grounds did on occasion - so a good bit of progress overall maybe.

When HMFC seated most of the main shed area, back in the late 1970s or early 1980s -  the 'shed' as in the singing jambos moved up into the unseated corner of the covered area - in front of the high class pissoir which folk of my vintage will remember all too well. Meaning singing needed standing  - from what I  see on the box the ultras tend to stand.

Should everyone be standing to create more noise? 

Whatever the answer - can we at least ban drums from football grounds? The monotonous and repetitive drone is so annoying and is no match for good auld singing. 

This is My Story Podcast

Thought everyone, both stands, were superb today! Proper party atmosphere! Roll on Morton! 

🎶He’s electric……

♥️🇱🇻

The fans in the 2 stands on sunday were fantastic, what a backing they gave the team. Did I mind standing and singing, no it was electric. Did I mind the traffic congestion after the game , no. Now all I want is to get tickets for Morton and hoping  the Ultras are getting priority for the superb backing they give the Hearts.

chester copperpot
12 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Enjoyed the She’s electric cover today.

Yip, a thing of beauty

Big hit, remember it on TOTP.       

Armageddon

Folk on here trying to criticize the young lads claiming stolen SevCo songs 😂

It’s desperate patter that, not to mention smelly as **** 🤣

Love the she’s electric song. 

Any GUs reading maybe a tweak on the lyrics to update them -

He’s electric,

He’s won against Hibees and Celtic,

He’s done things we never expected,

Stevie Naismith gives the gorgie more

More or Roar? 

This is My Story Podcast
6 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Love the she’s electric song. 

Any GUs reading maybe a tweak on the lyrics to update them -

He’s electric,

He’s won against Hibees and Celtic,

He’s done things we never expected,

Stevie Naismith gives the gorgie more

More or Roar? 

The song was sung when he was a player. 

30 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

He’s not a player anymore. 

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

The fans in the 2 stands on sunday were fantastic, what a backing they gave the team. Did I mind standing and singing, no it was electric. Did I mind the traffic congestion after the game , no. Now all I want is to get tickets for Morton and hoping  the Ultras are getting priority for the superb backing they give the Hearts.

Why should the ultras, or anyone else, get priority. 

All those with the required LPs should get the same priority, whether they sing and jump about or not 

Thunder and Lightning
10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

All those with the required LPs should get the same priority, whether they sing and jump about or not 

I don't think they will need it, they seem to be at most away games. 

Independence
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

They appear to be at all games, home and away, so they will probably qualify for tickets. They are a 12th man just now , so, good luck to them.

Shooter McGavin
10 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Because the players enjoy what they bring to the table and they aren’t all that keen on punters who watch in silence, and only make a noise when they’re moaning or shouting abuse at them.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Because the players enjoy what they bring to the table and they aren’t all that keen on punters who watch in silence, and only make a noise when they’re moaning or shouting abuse at them.

Not sure the Lp system includes a requirement to sing at games. 

Don't get me wrong, I welcome the backing the GUs bring and, as has been pointed out, they more than likely have enough LPs to get tickets 

This is My Story Podcast

The GU are a registered supporters club just like Merchy Hearts, Livi Hearts etc so they apply for tickets the same as every other supporters club. They are allocated tickets based on how many LP’s they have and if they qualify for a ticket. Easter Road a good example. The application sent in for the GU was about 100+ but only 70 odd qualified through the loyalty point scheme. 

Be a big loyalty threshold for Morton I would imagine. 

15 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Gathered that