Robbie!!! ( merged )

Graham Thomson

I despair at our support.  This is as good as it’s ever going to get.

those of you that want Robbie out, are you happy with us being worse and achieving less, because that’s what you are asking for.  Third and a cup final.

He is one of the most successful hearts managers post 1960.  

those of you that want him out we’re you around in the late 70s when we yo-yo d between divisions.

The entitlement on here is off the scale.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• soonbe110

• BackOfTheNet

• jr ewing

Good thread, thought Humphrys looked the business yesterday and Kio was decent. Squad building nicely. The curse of the Hearts manager regarding awful injuries seems to be still in the air unfortunately though. 

I doubt we'll ever see our current best 11 on the pitch at the same time, I like the recruitment policy though and we are most definitely improving and learning. 

Thought he got it spot on yesterday, we dominated the midfield until Devlin walked, would we have gotten back into the game with 11 men, doubtful. The buns where again clinical in front of goal, that's why they pay the big bucks.

Anyone who didn't understand the substitutions yesterday, doesn't really understand the game. Robbie wouldn't have made the same choices had we not had a massive game on Thursday, that's for sure. 

It's a tough job currently, but it was always going to be a rough ride in the circumstances. Personally I'm loving it, yesterday's game is gone, onto the next one etc etc. 

Robbie is doing just fine !

kingantti1874

Well, as if we needed a threat to out the clueless bellends in our support.

Cochrane, had a bad game but has been ****ing brilliant this season, and Cammy Devlin won’t be getting launched. He will go on to play for a bigger club than ones.

such a bunch of dramatic clowns. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well, as if we needed a threat to out the clueless bellends in our support.

Cochrane, had a bad game but has been ****ing brilliant this season, and Cammy Devlin won’t be getting launched. He will go on to play for a bigger club than ones.

such a bunch of dramatic clowns. 

Just one of those days.

Just play to Shankland's strengths and he'll score for fun. What's wrong with McKay, btw, he's not been on his game , since Boycie got injured. 

Sort it out, Robbie. But there's not really much you can do about injuries, except whomever gave the green light to put Halkett back in early, need their arse kicked.

Edited by ri Alban

We get too many injuries as our training is clearly not up to scratch. Our players are nowhere near the fitness or strength levels required.

Our mentality is shit.

Our defense and midfield changes every single week they just can't establish solid partnerships.

He constantly changes shit.  It is the SPL for **** sake!

Through all the talk about squad depth and balance we are very weak throughout and have no balance.

Recruitment is poor......still!

The 3 Goons know that absolutely no matter what the result and who against their jobs are safe.

Unless we are playing a lesser team we may as well not bother getting our kits out the bag. Big games are a waste of Bold, Ariel and Daz to us.

League Cup games are a write off.

Our discipline sucks.

I’m all for Robbie. We started well yesterday and with Halkett and Rowles we don’t concede the first .  0-4 at home isn’t good but Devlins stupidity had a big bearing on that. 
This month is going to be very difficult so there’s not much point in being on here if we don’t have a good month. The usual posters / interlopers will be howling.

edit……^ see above 🤣

Edited by 1971fozzy

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just play to Shankland's strengths and he'll score for fun. What's wrong with McKay, btw, he's not been on his game , since Boycie got injured. 

Sort it out, Robbie. But there's not really much you can do about injuries, except whomever gave the green light to put Halkett back in early, need their arse kicked.

Said it for ages but Mckay is immense v lesser teams but nowhere near the level required for big games.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who signed them who coached them? Ultimately any manager is responsible for what his team does, absolute basics at any club. 

Not individual players making stupid mistakes though. No manager can control everything his players do.  Are you suggesting Spurs should sack Conte after yesterday? Klopp should certainly be long gone based on your beliefs. 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

I’m all for Robbie. We started well yesterday and with Halkett and Rowles we don’t concede the first .  0-4 at home isn’t good but Devlins stupidity had a big bearing on that. 
This month is going to be very difficult so there’s not much point in being on here if we don’t have a good month. The usual posters / interlopers will be howling

Devlin's stupidity is Neilson's fault though.  Ill discipline comes from the top.  It is clear to see that little scrote is a liability. I wouldn't play him so why do the 3 Stoogies?

Last time I pointed out RN may not be able to take us to the next level I was called a Hibs fan.

His record against the old firm is utterly horrific. We'll get pumped 4-0+ both times against Fiorentina and similar against Celtic on the 22nd. 

If that's the level of ambition you have we may as well pack it up.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not individual players making stupid mistakes though. No manager can control everything his players do.  Are you suggesting Spurs should sack Conte after yesterday? Klopp should certainly be long gone based on your beliefs. 

Discipline is a managers job.

been here before
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Devlin's stupidity is Neilson's fault though.  Ill discipline comes from the top.  It is clear to see that little scrote is a liability. I wouldn't play him so why do the 3 Stoogies?

:rofl:

Thats three different threads now plus the one on the thread you started last night that got hoofed within minutes.

Cant be arsed going to games, contributing nothing to the club and giving up your FOH contributions. There's a Larry, Moe and Curley right there.

Edited by been here before

22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We get too many injuries as our training is clearly not up to scratch. Our players are nowhere near the fitness or strength levels required.

Our mentality is shit.

Our defense and midfield changes every single week they just can't establish solid partnerships.

Through all the talk about squad depth and balance we are very weak throughout and have no balance.

The 3 Goons know that absolutely no matter what the result and who against their jobs are safe.

Unless we are playing a lesser team we may as well not bother getting our kits out the bag. Big games are a waste of Bold, Ariel and Daz to us.

Our discipline sucks.

Can’t argue with most of that

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

🤣 you wouldn’t play him so why does our management ?

Given how you talk about our players , management and Ann Budge etc is appalling.  Given you contribute zero to the club financially or attending wise it’s a wonder you post given it’s all offensive content. However I suppose it’s better for society your frustration or whatever it is , is carried out over a keyboard than outside

Interestingly we have the exact same amount of points as we have after the corresponding fixtures last season.

beat Dundee United, Ross County and St Johnstone and lost to Rangers in the first games against them at home. 

Drew with Hibs and lost to Celtic in the first games against them away from home. Only reversal is we beat Livi and lost to Motherwell away. 

Injuries have been bad, had european fixtures, and relatively tough fixtures. Robbie’s made mistakes this season but his position should not be under threat. 

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Couldn't have felt that harassed to come back.

Neilson said he regretted leaving after just 2 weeks at MK Dons (via HMSA Q&A). 

Shooter McGavin

We get on a good run of results, and certain posters on here disappear and/or don’t come on here to praise the players and management.

We lose a game, boom they’re back and everything is s***, nobody is good enough and everybody needs sacked.

Rinse and repeat.

Luckily they know very little about football, and don’t have any influence at the club.

29 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Last time I pointed out RN may not be able to take us to the next level I was called a Hibs fan.

His record against the old firm is utterly horrific. We'll get pumped 4-0+ both times against Fiorentina and similar against Celtic on the 22nd. 

If that's the level of ambition you have we may as well pack it up.

In conversations such as this it’s worth taking in to account some stats…

https://twitter.com/TifoFootball_/status/1499671238100209664?s=20&t=fv-B9BBqHNWr6VKj6giJNQ

buzzbomb1958
5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why is this thread a troll thread and the other thread stating he's been here to long isn't?

The lad is a SC legend, 10 years a player and under his mgt has 2x  3rd place finishes out of 2.

Has us in European group stage football for the first time since CL and the first non OF team  since Aberdeen over a decade ago.

He has deserves more respect and if he'd been here for 4/5 years then we might have been ahead of where we are now- his record would indicate that.

When he finishes 3rd again this year he'll be the best modern manager we've ever had.

We will not finish third this season, last season every team below us were dugshit , this season every team looks to have improved apart from the usual suspects, think Robbie has hit the ceiling and has taken us as far as he can I’m afraid , This season should have been used to consolidate our place in the league, European football should have been used to gain experience as it was a free hit . I do hope we kick on once Europe is done and we have a full squad back , there should be no excuses, if we don’t then the extra cash we’ve made should be used to get a better manager in place as we won’t have a better chance to do so IMO

• davemclaren changed the title to Robbie!!! ( merged )
Gordon Ramsay

Don't agree with his comments that we were playing well before Devlin sending off. We had one pass back shot and Rangers weren't out of 1st gear yet were 2 nil up. 

I fear for us this month, the fixtures are not kind and that defence is a shambles. 

Neilson for me not the man to take us forward but he's not going anywhere, just need to accept it. 

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, Voxpop said:

those of you that want Robbie out, are you happy with us being worse and achieving less, because that’s what you are asking for.  Third and a cup final.

those of you that want him out we’re you around in the late 70s when we yo-yo d between divisions.

Successful? His record is papered over by playing part time teams in the championship.

Even in the championship we drew games and should have skudded sides.

Brora is still unforgivable as was his money spinning replay shout to then goto er and lose the replay. 

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Successful? His record is papered over by playing part time teams in the championship.

Even in the championship we drew games and should have skudded sides.

Brora is still unforgivable as was his money spinning replay shout to then goto er and lose the replay. 

From our two seasons in the Championship, we finished with a combined goal difference of +109, including a 10-0 win 😂

It’s also weird how Brora live in your head rent free.

I have faith Robbie will turn us around but everyone needs to be on the same boat regarding standards and anything less than 3rd place cannot be accepted. There's no room for sentiment anymore at Hearts, if Robbie doesn't do the business he should be punted regardless of his status as a Hearts man. That's the nature of the game. 

When Halkett and Rowles are fit we should be much improved. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s not my beliefs, managers take responsibility for what their players do on the pitch, part and parcel as RN says.
If you think it’s just about yesterday or one game you’ve not been paying attention, no surprise really. 

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

How much further/farther can you go that. 3rd, Cup finals. Behind the two best, biggest and richest clubs in Scotland. And European football. You need help if you think we're going any higher, other winning a cup.

I've got no argument with any of that. But I don't think getting within 10 points of second and winning occasionally in Glasgow means I need therapy.

Robbie is nowhere near getting the sack just now. He’s definitely got a job on his hands this season though, it’s just not clicking so far, and defensively we’re an utter shambles.

14 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

He over thinks everything on the park and is more worried about the opposition than what we do.

Based on how we started against Rangers (all out attack throwing caution to the wind) I'd say the opposite. Perhaps he should have been MORE worried about the opposition. 

It's not Robbie's fault we were without our two best central defenders and Devlin had a rush of blood to the head. And I don't know what was wrong with Kingsley.

I've been going to matches as long as the OP,  56 years. If we sacked our manager every time an OF team beat us where would we be?

Just now, 4marsbars said:

Based on how we started against Rangers (all out attack throwing caution to the wind) I'd say the opposite. Perhaps he should have been MORE worried about the opposition. 

It's not Robbie's fault we were without our two best central defenders and Devlin had a rush of blood to the head. And I don't know what was wrong with Kingsley.

I've been going to matches as long as the OP,  56 years. If we sacked our manager every time an OF team beat us where would we be?

Getting beat of Rangers isn't the issue.

It's the fact in the last two games we've played them we have had one shot on target against them.

He always gets the set up wrong on big games or makes changes that look pre planned and not based on how the game is going.

No plan b when we need to change it.

We had two strikers on the park yesterday and played on as a winger when our best winger was playing in the middle.

Not rocket science to play our players in their natural positions.

Cairneyhill Jambo

As some have said  previously, Neilson is not the manager to take us forward. 

He is tactically inept and can't change the system. 

He said after the game yesterday that we created chances. We had one shot on target, the same as the Istanbul game. Two shots on target in two home games is pathetic. 

In the 2nd half, Kio was trying to organise the team and shouting instructions. A 24 year old playing his 2nd game. FFS. It's about time our manager and more senior players started taking responsibility. They just don't look interested. 

Just now, mellors1874 said:

It's the fact in the last two games we've played them we have had one shot on target against them.

He always gets the set up wrong on big games or makes changes that look pre planned and not based on how the game is going.

We had two strikers on the park yesterday and played on as a winger when our best winger was playing in the middle.

Also never seems to notice how rangers full backs always overlap and leaves us 2 v 1 with us playing narrow.

Did it in the cup final and did it again yesterday.

Sinbad the Sailor
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Our mentality is shit.

Our discipline sucks.

I'm sure your Dr can prescribe you something. Lay off the bevvy meantime

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We will not finish third this season, last season every team below us were dugshit , this season every team looks to have improved apart from the usual suspects, think Robbie has hit the ceiling and has taken us as far as he can I’m afraid , This season should have been used to consolidate our place in the league, European football should have been used to gain experience as it was a free hit . I do hope we kick on once Europe is done and we have a full squad back , there should be no excuses, if we don’t then the extra cash we’ve made should be used to get a better manager in place as we won’t have a better chance to do so IMO

This is a false premise argument. You have predicted we won’t get 3rd and are criticising him for it as if it has come to pass. 

Nelly Terraces

Once we have some key players back from injury that’ll tell us a lot about Robbie Neilsons managerial capabilities. As things stand we’re not playing well, dropping too many points to shite like Livi & the Lochenders.

We’re in danger of having to fight for 3rd from a position well behind the club that is, does Robbie have what it takes to get the best out our available squad to achieve that? I honestly have my doubts, but really hope he can prove me wrong.

Edited by Nelly Terraces

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

When I saw the team I expected a 3-5-2 and an attacking game. When we started it turned out to be a 4-3-3, still a good attacking formation, but our midfield was swamped, which was why Devlin was so desperate to get us into the game that he made that stupid tackle (imo). We then had a striker playing as a winger and just Shankland in the middle. We then compounded the problem by not getting Forrest into the game and being lopsided down the right.

Humphrys did well and could be a good signing, but we have zero presence when we can't get two strikers in the box together with good delivery from the wings, and we didn't do that enough yesterday.

buzzbomb1958
12 minutes ago, CMc said:

This is a false premise argument. You have predicted we won’t get 3rd and are criticising him for it as if it has come to pass. 

If you think that Robbie has brought us forward you are entitled to this opinion,I just think that his inexperience is going to do for him I’m sorry but I think this seasons aims were all wrong from the start as I explained in my post , I will look forward to Europe being finished, money in the bank then no excuses, if this doesn’t happens then he should be toast

22 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Also never seems to notice how rangers full backs always overlap and leaves us 2 v 1 with us playing narrow.

Did it in the cup final and did it again yesterday.

This is very true 

I felt sorry for Atkinson in the final and nothing was done to change it

So much talk of ceilings and Robbie has taken us as far as we can go. Well yes for now that's it, 3rd in the league, cup final appearances and European football. That's far as we can go. Unless the uglies have a really bad season. Or we continue to build season after season bringing in more revenue and better quality players, even then its a massive jump to compete with 2 teams that have the resources they do.. 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Our mentality is shit.

Our discipline sucks.

So beni and Boyce getting hurt in a tackle and rowles breaking his foot whilst scoring is due to our training? We defo seem to have a problem with injuries but quite a lot of it just seems to be down to bad luck. 

2 hours ago, Voxpop said:

Sorry mate but he's not.

We've had 3 cup winning managers since 1960 and Robbie ain't one of them.

Captain Lithuania
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Agree, feel like Shankland is being wasted. Now, obviously we are not Celtic, do not have players as good as Celtic do, nor the money to spend on players they do, but we should be able to get the ball out wide behind the defence and play it low and hard across the goal. 

McKay has been rubbish this season, I think he’s had about 10 decent games for us across the whole time he’s been here. His issues are in his head. If he tries to beat a man and fails, that’s it, his head’s down. If we had a player with McKay’s ability and Ginnelly’s mentality we would have an unbelievable player on our hands. McKay was in front of goal in the first half yesterday and instead of letting fly he made a terrible pass and Rangers broke on us. 

My predictions for this season is we won’t beat either side of the OF we won’t beat Aberdeen and we won’t beat hibs.we will play along to finish 5th this season then he will use the excuse of being in Europe..

2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Sorry mate but he's not.

We've had 3 cup winning managers since 1960 and Robbie ain't one of them.

If he was to win a cup though, he would be our 2nd most successful manager given that he's had 2 top 3 finishes and got us to two cup finals. 

Just now, Bing1874 said:

My predictions for this season is we won’t beat either side of the OF we won’t beat Aberdeen and we won’t beat hibs.we will play along to finish 5th this season then he will use the excuse of being in Europe..

That wouldn't be acceptable and anyone defending that would be off their heid! 

1 minute ago, Bing1874 said:

Hibs are the sheep are shit. We will beat them both

Fire_At_The_Disco

Third in league and at least semi of the Scottish Cup or I’m afraid he has taken us as far as his skills and knowledge can go.