Robbie!!! ( merged )

Graham Thomson

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

I can't be the only person who is fed up watching Hearts under Robbie Neilson.

and I know we finished 3rd, ( in a shocking league) but we did it. 

And yes we are in Europe, 

Regardless of which 11 he plays, most weeks I think it's pretty dire, 

And no I don't hate the guy I just think he has been Manager for to long, we need fresh ideas

Corners and free kicks Kingsley aside, they are dreadful. 

I don't want an argument about it it's just my opinion, or maybe I'm just getting to old!! 

The league is pretty rubbish and with our budget 3rd should be expected, 

And really it's not about today just, for me he wouldn't have survived Brora, 

But I realise he has a 3 year contract so will just have to get on with it. 

And yes I have seen worse teams in my 55 years watching Hearts, 40 of which as a season ticket holder. .

It's just my opinion.

Agreed, three different corner takers in the first 17 minutes which is just weird. I think our best hope is someone takes him down south to the managerial merry go round. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• soonbe110

• BackOfTheNet

• jr ewing

Naisys Tackle
Just now, jbee647 said:

Me neither, but I know for certain that some of the names in the short list would be sobering

Aye they would be brutal tbh.  Would take a guess that nobody near the top of the initial list would get near the job mind you.   

Unless a certain former Northern Ireland manager fancied it.  Him or Big Dunc just for shits.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

Aye let’s roll over to Hibs and hope Rangers take care of them in the final so we can earn a group stage place. What could have possibly went wrong?

We needed to beat Hibs and we did.

Nothing.  Hibs wouldn’t have won it.  I was just pointing out your post was incorrect.  Not seeing anyone say roll over to Hibs, what Hearts fan would say that ffs?!  We didn’t have to beat Hibs to get group stages in Europe, we had to finish 3rd.  Beating Hibs at Hampden is a given anyway.

People on here asking fans who we appoint next

:facepalm:

There is a guy at the club probably on 100k per year to make these decisions.

Unless they think as fans we do the recruitment, selection process and hiring

Saint Savage can discuss it with Ann at his next Coffee and Rich Tea morning.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

With our budget it would be nice to consistently finish 3rd, get into Europe and actually win a cup final

There's a way to lose and its certainly not like today. We never lay a glove on the OF. Rock up at Hampden in May taking half the stadium and never looked like we believed we could win a one off game. Particularly against a side who had been put through a chastening experience 70 hours beforehand. 

It's the failure to learn and lessons that's the most infuriating thing. I don't belittle the achievement of 3rd last year, but the league was garbage. We've got a big battle ahead to finish 3rd this year. We don't look right and the amount of goals we ship is a real concern. 

Robbie Neilson isn’t the best head coach we could attract.

The issue is, every appointment is a risk.

We’d rightly get ridiculed for getting rid of him now.

Whether you like it or not, things will need to get much worse before this becomes a ‘thing’.

We have an awful month in front of us. Results are likely to not be great looking at the fixtures. Add them to his last 20 or so games and the knives may be being sharpened.

We’re into Christmas/February time before it’s being discussed in boardroom tho imo.

I’ve said elsewhere tonight that I think this season will be his last. I stand by that 

The Grim Reaper
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

People on here asking fans who we appoint next

There is a guy at the club probably on 100k per year to make these decisions.

Unless they think as fans we do the recruitment, selection process and hiring

Saint Savage can discuss it with Ann at his next Coffee and Rich Tea morning.

The window cleaner?

2 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

I can't be the only person who is fed up watching Hearts under Robbie Neilson.

and I know we finished 3rd, ( in a shocking league) but we did it. 

And yes we are in Europe, 

Regardless of which 11 he plays, most weeks I think it's pretty dire, 

And no I don't hate the guy I just think he has been Manager for to long, we need fresh ideas

Corners and free kicks Kingsley aside, they are dreadful. 

I don't want an argument about it it's just my opinion, or maybe I'm just getting to old!! 

The league is pretty rubbish and with our budget 3rd should be expected, 

And really it's not about today just, for me he wouldn't have survived Brora, 

But I realise he has a 3 year contract so will just have to get on with it. 

And yes I have seen worse teams in my 55 years watching Hearts, 40 of which as a season ticket holder. .

It's just my opinion.

You will just get destroyed here 

I don’t rate him never have I prefer a manager that sticks with a formation to build consistency. But I can’t judge him on today as they are miles better than us end off. He has done well in spells and he ain’t going anywhere. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, benny said:

So who do we appoint.

It’s a bit like who should we sign, that’s up to the Sporting Director and the board. Preferably someone like Sergio untouched by the uglies who has no care for them. 

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

There's a way to lose and its certainly not like today. We never lay a glove on the OF. Rock up at Hampden in May taking half the stadium and never looked like we believed we could win a one off game. Particularly against a side who had been put through a chastening experience 70 hours beforehand. 

It's the failure to learn and lessons that's the most infuriating thing. I don't belittle the achievement of 3rd last year, but the league was garbage. We've got a big battle ahead to finish 3rd this year. We don't look right and the amount of goals we ship is a real concern. 

This.

KyleLafferty

If we are in and around 3rd come the World Cup he’s doing a good job, with all being considered.

Edited by KyleLafferty
Spelling

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I agree, we are missing halkett and rowles big time to tighten up at the back, we are awful defending balls from wide areas. 

Come on to **** you are from a football family and yet dont understand the basics of pur tactics which are defend narrow and let them have the ball out wide rather than in the middle. 

I know without rowles and halkett we are limited physically defending those and yes we maybe should change style but thats a big ask too. We didnt defend well in the middle either today. Kingsley looked like hed never met any of his teammates before for some reason and Neilson as we should expect was inconsistent. 

I dont know the answer. However, you should know better and be able to articulate a position without just throwing terms out there.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Neilson is a Grade A ****ing loser.

Well if you are in on this thread im out as itll go from about Neilson to about you and as you regularly tell us youve no been since 1923 due to a woman being involved 😉 enjoy your night i8

Just now, sadj said:

Well if you are in on this thread im out as itll go from about Neilson to about you and as you regularly tell us youve no been since 1923 due to a woman being involved 😉 enjoy your night i8

The birds would probably have more fight in them.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a bit like who should we sign, that’s up to the Sporting Director and the board. Preferably someone like Sergio untouched by the uglies who has no care for them. 

I was encouraged watching Humphrys today. He clearly hadn't read the memo about how you should be intimidated by Rangers and Celtic and be beat in the tunnel before kick off.

We need a manager with similar traits. Most preferably someone with no prior connections to Scotland and it's parochial nature. 

TynecastleBC5
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Neilson is a Grade A ****ing loser.

Takes one to know one 🤷🏼‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Spencer?

Hendricks?

Nope, the language is most definitely Spencer. 

I’ll lay a score 😉

2 minutes ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

Takes one to know one 🤷🏼‍♂️

I don't get paid a wedge to manage us though.

He shouldn't be sacked. It shouldn't even be being discussed. 

However, the view that Robbie Neilson is the best manager we can hope for is wrong. 

21 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Your points are all valid but we played like a team of individuals who were scared to make mistakes.

Apart from a couple of individual Humphrys shots, we never really threatened. Playing Mackay in Central role was a big mistake.

Also playing our full backs tucked in really hurt us as their wingers had too much space.

Dont disagree re full backs, but it's a bit damned if you do, damned if you don't. If we'd played 3 at the back to protect the wings, RN would be accused of not having a go. It was a risk, but that's what we want, no?

In any case though, I don't see it being so much of an issue with Halks in there. Kingsley showed again today he's good CB cover against general SPL fodder, but against Rangers and Istanbul he was shown up, big time.

Re McKay, agree, that failed. Humphreys though was excellent.

lost in space
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Come on to **** you are from a football family and yet dont understand the basics of pur tactics which are defend narrow and let them have the ball out wide rather than in the middle. 

I know without rowles and halkett we are limited physically defending those and yes we maybe should change style but thats a big ask too. We didnt defend well in the middle either today. Kingsley looked like hed never met any of his teammates before for some reason and Neilson as we should expect was inconsistent. 

I dont know the answer. However, you should know better and be able to articulate a position without just throwing terms out there.

Very good post. You may not know the answer - but I would have thought that our manager would try to address the tactical deficiencies to hamper their threat on the wings.

Heard Neilson is shitting it for his Monday high tea with Budge and Saint Savage. They are seemingly going to deny him a second Tunnocks Caramel Log.

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If you’ve supported Hearts for 60 years then you should be well aware that finishing 3rd, securing group stage European football, selling out season tickets and regularly getting to cup finals is hardly mediocre.

Absolutely not. But if you're happy to stand still fine but we've got an opportunity to move on.  I just don't think Neilson is the person to do that.

Dennis Reynolds

October is going to be a tough month. Pretty much no easy games at all. Will either make him or break him.

1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

He shouldn't be sacked. It shouldn't even be being discussed. 

However, the view that Robbie Neilson is the best manager we can hope for is wrong. 

Very much this.

Just to add, criticism of Robbie also does not equal wanting him sacked.

It's not happening guys, we have already given the management team new deals and budge has publicly backed them, lt's a very poor result today I totally get that and I am far from happy about it but to call for the managers head after 1 really bad result is a bit OTT is it not? Like i previously said we can come back to this thread If we haven't won in the next 10 games. Then there's definitely a Discussion to be had.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

October is going to be a tough month. Pretty much no easy games at all. Will either make him or break him.

Very much this.

Correct. 

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

Very much this.

Easy games?

Not even Brora is an easy game under the 3 stoogies.

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry, but without millions invested in the playing staff, it matters not a jot if any perspective coach has no fears of Rangers or Real Madrid he is not getting anywhere near the Old Firm, not in this lifetime anyway

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Easy games?

Not even Brora is an easy game under the 3 stoogies.

‘Hippy’ ‘3 stoogies’ ‘high tea with budge’

It’s like it’s 2019 all over again.

You'll soon disappear again. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Sorry, but without millions invested in the playing staff, it matters not a jot if any perspective coach has no fears of Rangers or Real Madrid he is not getting anywhere near the Old Firm, not in this lifetime anyway

Why does our DOF say we should then and our manager and captain set us up for a fall saying beating rangers should be within reach and drawing level on 2nd? 

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Says the man with a history of choring birds knickers.

Never stolen a pair of knickers in my life. 

Keep nodding your head and going with the flow though fella.

:fonzie:

lost in space
5 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Dont disagree re full backs, but it's a bit damned if you do, damned if you don't. If we'd played 3 at the back to protect the wings, RN would be accused of not having a go. It was a risk, but that's what we want, no?

In any case though, I don't see it being so much of an issue with Halks in there. Kingsley showed again today he's good CB cover against general SPL fodder, but against Rangers and Istanbul he was shown up, big time.

Re McKay, agree, that failed. Humphreys though was excellent.

Yes, re "damned if you do etc" and I have criticised the 5 at the back - BUT we play 2 defensive mids. We should be able to push full backs out to stop wingers getting the ball and be able to have a mid drop back when required.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

‘Hippy’ ‘3 stoogies’ ‘high tea with budge’

It’s like it’s 2019 all over again.

You'll soon disappear again

Walking away, the i8 way.

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Spot on👍I just don’t think the management team gets the best out of the players but it was enough to get third place in a crap league, so Neilson is deemed to be doing a good job! When was the last time we scored from a corner? Why is there never anybody free, or moving into space at throw ins? Why do we consistently pass the ball behind the player moving forward? These are all basics and we are failing miserably.AIMO

Rocky jamboa
24 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

Robbie Neilson isn’t the best head coach we could attract.

The issue is, every appointment is a risk.

We’d rightly get ridiculed for getting rid of him now.

Whether you like it or not, things will need to get much worse before this becomes a ‘thing’.

We have an awful month in front of us. Results are likely to not be great looking at the fixtures. Add them to his last 20 or so games and the knives may be being sharpened.

We’re into Christmas/February time before it’s being discussed in boardroom tho imo.

I’ve said elsewhere tonight that I think this season will be his last. I stand by that 

I agree with anything you've said there apart from the bit in bold. He's Bullet proof and I can't see him being away before the end of his contract. He survived Brora so he'll survive a run of poor results. 

1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I agree with anything you've said there apart from the bit in bold. He's Bullet proof and I can't see him being away before the end of his contract. He survived Brora so he'll survive a run of poor results. 

Different times, mate.

TynecastleBC5
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Look at the spending gap between us and them. We played some good football in the first half. More so than them up until the sending off in my opinion. We had lapses in concentration with regards to our marking for the first 2 goals. That's down to the players. The sending off ruined any chance of a comeback. Bad day at the office, write it off and we go again. Calling our manager a loser is just petulant and childish.

Here we go, got to be a  lovers or a  hater, the new world of polarised opinions.

Why can’t we discuss the manager objectively. He gets it right a lot of the time and wrong other times. Every single team in Scotland has a terrible record against the old firm. Each game he tries something different against the OF, I’m sure he doesn’t think ‘ah **** it we’ll just lose today’ 

Today he probably got it wrong, then before he can change it Devlin does what he does. We had created chances and if Humphrys plays the ball first time Shankland gets a tap in for 1-1. We defended like amateurs for their two goals not much Neilson can do there. But then he could be criticised for not packing the midfield.

There seems to be an expectation on 3rd this season, I think it would be an incredible achievement to get 3rd with the amount of games and I said so from the start of the season.

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Yes, re "damned if you do etc" and I have criticised the 5 at the back - BUT we play 2 defensive mids. We should be able to push full backs out to stop wingers getting the ball and be able to have a mid drop back when required.

Oh absolutely!

We ballsed this up with the first goal for sure as Kio dropped back in but got nowhere near Colak. Not sure if this was just a CB pairing and midfielder too new to gel, or just Kio tracking back badly, but it failed.

In ref to the OP though, I don't see this on this occasion as poor tactics. Just poor play.

I feel we setup to try to win the match today but it was unfortunately just a quality issue.

Other times I've definitely not thought this v the OF under Neilson.

Just now, PTBCAL said:

Finish behind Hibs come May and he will deserve his jotters.

As daft as it sounds but Killie is a must win game 

What if Killie beat us but we finish ahead of Hibs?

image.gif.c444e1c0dfcfa9556d86b79b702fa818.gif

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, three different corner takers in the first 17 minutes which is just weird. I think our best hope is someone takes him down south to the managerial merry go round. 

Sadly unlikely, Neilson knows he will never get a club anywhere else where he will never be sacked

been here before
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

And you dont put a single penny into the club or the FOH.

Swings and roundabouts eh?

• davemclaren changed the title to Robbie!!! ( merged )