Robbie!!! ( merged )

Graham Thomson

Think we have a real psychological problem when I comes to playing the old firm. I don't know if it's the managers problem or the players or both, results like today will only make that worse going forwards. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• soonbe110

• BackOfTheNet

• jr ewing

9 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I read the OP and my first thought was @Bazzas right boot and @Frank Black will be along soon!!

I really did laugh out loud when I saw they were the first 2 who replied.

Well done to you both - manning the defences after today's game.

I assumed you would be along to add your vitriol.  I was right, well done us.

4 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

And I'm fed up with people who keep defending a manager who hits targets that are set at a level that we really should be achieving as a minimum.

Rubbish

Fort Vallance
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Go and support another team then.

We’re entitled to absolutely nothing.

After 60 years I'm supporting no other team. Entitled not at all.  Want better why not ? Just you crack on being happy with mediocrity. 

43 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

I can't be the only person who is fed up watching Hearts under Robbie Neilson.

and I know we finished 3rd, ( in a shocking league) but we did it. 

And yes we are in Europe, 

Regardless of which 11 he plays, most weeks I think it's pretty dire, 

And no I don't hate the guy I just think he has been Manager for to long, we need fresh ideas

Corners and free kicks Kingsley aside, they are dreadful. 

I don't want an argument about it it's just my opinion, or maybe I'm just getting to old!! 

The league is pretty rubbish and with our budget 3rd should be expected, 

And really it's not about today just, for me he wouldn't have survived Brora, 

But I realise he has a 3 year contract so will just have to get on with it. 

And yes I have seen worse teams in my 55 years watching Hearts, 40 of which as a season ticket holder. .

It's just my opinion.

You are right 

Neilson has had his time.

We are regressing under him.

We need a change of management.

It's not rocket science.

lost in space
1 minute ago, db211833 said:

I assumed you would be along to add your vitriol.  I was right, well done us.

My post does not contain vitriol!!

OK, maybe a tinge of sarcasm but "vitriol" is a bit harsh.

Well done us, indeed.

15 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

With our budget it would be nice to consistently finish 3rd, get into Europe and actually win a cup final

It’s almost like our entire existence has passed you by…

Yes, we’re now in a decent place financially and should be aiming to be the best of the rest consistently…It’s not easy though and never has been for any non OF club.

I do happen to think this will be Neilson's last as head coach, however.

15 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I read the OP and my first thought was @Bazzas right boot and @Frank Black will be along soon!!

I really did laugh out loud when I saw they were the first 2 who replied.

Well done to you both - manning the defences after today's game.

The wee team of fanboys always come on quickly, defend the indefensible, and hand out their usual abuse 

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You are right 

It's not rocket science.

So who do we appoint.

45 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Agree with you mate.

I think he has taken us as far as he is going too.

He over thinks everything on the park and is more worried about the opposition than what we do.

His recent record is not good reading and he's lucky he's not been shown the door.

Holy crap on a cracker. :laugh:

Clerry Jambo
13 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Why do you think our budget should see us consistently finishing 3rd. It's not the 3rd highest budget. 

Well it should be

Shooter McGavin
7 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

After 60 years I'm supporting no other team. Entitled not at all.  Want better why not ? Just you crack on being happy with mediocrity. 

If you’ve supported Hearts for 60 years then you should be well aware that finishing 3rd, securing group stage European football, selling out season tickets and regularly getting to cup finals is hardly mediocre.

Shooter McGavin
9 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

The wee team of fanboys always come on quickly, defend the indefensible, and hand out their usual abuse 

May I ask, what’s the indefensible?

1 hour ago, Graham Thomson said:

I can't be the only person who is fed up watching Hearts under Robbie Neilson.

and I know we finished 3rd, ( in a shocking league) but we did it. 

And yes we are in Europe, 

Regardless of which 11 he plays, most weeks I think it's pretty dire, 

And no I don't hate the guy I just think he has been Manager for to long, we need fresh ideas

Corners and free kicks Kingsley aside, they are dreadful. 

I don't want an argument about it it's just my opinion, or maybe I'm just getting to old!! 

The league is pretty rubbish and with our budget 3rd should be expected, 

And really it's not about today just, for me he wouldn't have survived Brora, 

But I realise he has a 3 year contract so will just have to get on with it. 

And yes I have seen worse teams in my 55 years watching Hearts, 40 of which as a season ticket holder. .

It's just my opinion.

Every time without fail after a defeat, there is a Neilson out thread. Every single there is no viable alternative offered.

So in the prospect of being unanswered as usual - and replace him with who> 

16 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

He says as he dishes out abuse. 😂

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You are right 

It's not rocket science.

This.

Was his 200th game today - our record in big games under him is honking we generally get pumped everytime v OF apart from a few - draw loads v Hibs and have never won at Easter Rd v them under him which is shocking even Stendel managed it in a short time 

Edited by rory78

Malinga the Swinga

****ing laughable op but entirely expected. If jkb not crawling with vermin, instead we get the same band of Neilson haters polluting every thread they can, with their self entitled bollocks.

They don't deserve a club to support.

Absolute slavers.

Some folk will never like Robbie Neilson. 

He got us 3rd in his first spell (without Rangers). Came back got us promoted and finished 3rd at the first attempt (by a mile) and got us to a cup final (which we were poor in)

Difficult start to this season with injuries and balancing european football with league games but we've won over in Latvia and not had a terrible domestic campaign all things considered although the Kilmarnock game was shocking.

The spell between Neilson leaving and coming back was for the most part shocking ultimately leading to us being in a position for the SPFL to demote us.

I will take Neilson and his shortcomings all day over Cathro, Levein and Stendel. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

****ing laughable op but entirely expected. If jkb not crawling with vermin, instead we get the same band of Neilson haters polluting every thread they can, with their self entitled bollocks.

They don't deserve a club to support.

Nelson haters.

:rofl:

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Well it should be

Well it's not. What do you propose to do about it, other than stamp your feet and greet?

Let me guess, you'll do nothing.

Have a nice night.

Shooter McGavin
7 minutes ago, haj said:

With our upcoming fixture list this place could end up a car crash by the time the month is out.

There will be people on here who’ll just expect us to rock up and blow Fiorentina away, and if we don’t they’ll be calling for Neilson to be sacked.

These people have no understanding of reality.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd welcome a better coaching team, just as I welcome better players, however its really not that simple. 

Better coaches also want better budgets and if they do well, they soon **** off.

I wish it were easier, its not 

I thought the way he made our most creative player man mark a Rangers midfielder was just ridiculous.

Neilson isn’t clueless…..but there are time where he does his very best to prove that he is,

So does anyone have any clue as to the identity of this managerial maestro who is going to have us challenging for Europe and honours every year ?

I think we should go for the manager who has had us in two Cup finals and playing in Europe in each spell as Manager. Not to mention the small fact of putting our wee neighbours out the cup in two semi finals. 

8 minutes ago, waterboy11 said:

Every time without fail after a defeat, there is a Neilson out thread. Every single there is no viable alternative offered.

So in the prospect of being unanswered as usual - and replace him with who> 

Ahhh - that’s a cop out apparently- there’s staff at the club to answer that prickly question.

still makes me think of a child having a tantrum “don’t want that…don’t like it” repeat ad nauseum. 

Naisys Tackle
19 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If you’ve supported Hearts for 60 years then you should be well aware that finishing 3rd, securing group stage European football, selling out season tickets and regularly getting to cup finals is hardly mediocre.

Let’s not pretend we have done anything different or achieved more than Aberdeen St Johnstone and Hibs to achieve group stage European football.  We have got extremely lucky that we qualified at a time the coefficient was in place that allowed it for the first time for our league.   The only qualifiers we played we lost home and away. 

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Absolute slavers.

Some folk will never like Robbie Neilson. 

He got us 3rd in his first spell (without Rangers). Came back got us promoted and finished 3rd at the first attempt (by a mile) and got us to a cup final (which we were poor in)

Difficult start to this season with injuries and balancing european football with league games but we've won over in Latvia and not had a terrible domestic campaign all things considered although the Kilmarnock game was shocking.

The spell between Neilson leaving and coming back was for the most part shocking ultimately leading to us being in a position for the SPFL to demote us.

I will take Neilson and his shortcomings all day over Cathro, Levein and Stendel. 

Far too sensible for here. You know the score.

We are supposed to beat everyone bar Rangers and Celtic because we've a bigger budget, even though we don't, while we are supposed to beat Rangers and Celtic despite them having bigger budget than us. 

It's the mentally challenged self entitled attitude of the FIFA playing Robbie haters.

Oh no 🙃 not again, maybe post this again after we haven't won in 10 games, but for now, this just smells like an overreaction to us getting pumped today.

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Nelson haters.

:rofl:

What other explanation can you come up with ? 

Their wee campaign is a joke. 

I would bet if a new manager got off to a bad start this lot would be wanting him gone after three games. 

Some of our fans want to turn us into a Watford type of club. 

Stability is vital for a club like us not change for change sake. 

Harry Potter

Folk moaning at others because of moaning at a defeat, hardly going to moan at a win,

one shot on target today, that is a shocking stat, as for starting a game, we are too casual,

should be fired up from the 1st second, we are not, dropped 3 places today but that is lost 

on some, its only october thay say, tbh pissed right off.

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

There will be people on here who’ll just expect us to rock up and blow Fiorentina away, and if we don’t they’ll be calling for Neilson to be sacked.

These people have no understanding of reality.

All most of us will be wanting is a performance where we look like a football team, organised, disciplined, hard working. If we were to win then that would be absolutely outstanding but if we don't then we would hope that they have put in a performance to be proud of.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Far too sensible for here. You know the score.

We are supposed to beat everyone bar Rangers and Celtic because we've a bigger budget, even though we don't, while we are supposed to beat Rangers and Celtic despite them having bigger budget than us. 

It's the mentally challenged self entitled attitude of the FIFA playing Robbie haters.

I'm far from his biggest fan myself but I think all things considered he's as close to a safe pair of hands as we will get and his stats back that up.

Shooter McGavin
4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Let’s not pretend we have done anything different or achieved more than Aberdeen St Johnstone and Hibs to achieve group stage European football.  We have got extremely lucky that we qualified at a time the coefficient was in place that allowed it for the first time for our league.  The only qualifiers we played we lost home and away. 

*To the reigning Swiss champions

6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Let’s not pretend we have done anything different or achieved more than Aberdeen St Johnstone and Hibs to achieve group stage European football.  We have got extremely lucky that we qualified at a time the coefficient was in place that allowed it for the first time for our league.   The only qualifiers we played we lost home and away. 

We finished miles in front of those clubs. 

So we achieved more than them. 

Naisys Tackle

Can't agree with the OP.  

I don't think there's improvement on last season though and hope Savage cuts the chat over quality over quantity and getting closer to 1st and 2nd in the league as it leads to false expectation and hysteria in the long term.

Massive dose of be careful of what you wish for. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, luckydug said:

What other explanation can you come up with ? 

Their wee campaign is a joke. 

I would bet if a new manager got off to a bad start this lot would be wanting him gone after three games. 

Some of our fans want to turn us into a Watford type of club. 

Stability is vital for a club like us not change for change sake. 

I certainly don't hate Neilson. 

He's probably a decent person. 

I just don't rate him as a manager. 

It's the same crap people come out with when they are defending him.

Naisys Tackle
24 minutes ago, haj said:

With our upcoming fixture list this place could end up a car crash by the time the month is out.

Already a car crash most weeks.

38 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Holy crap on a cracker. :laugh:

Be interested to see your view on him.

By all means please explain why he's the right man for the job.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Exactly this

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Folk moaning at others because of moaning at a defeat, hardly going to moan at a win,

one shot on target today, that is a shocking stat, as for starting a game, we are too casual,

should be fired up from the 1st second, we are not, dropped 3 places today but that is lost 

on some, its only october thay say, tbh pissed right off.

Sack the manager, sack the board, 

sack Ann Budge, Sack James Anderson(for not giving us enough money to beat the OF) 

Sack everyone including the catering staff as their Bovril is shit. 

Most of all sack all the moaning faced BASTREDS on JKB who greet like **** every time we lose. 😏

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Just what are you looking for ? 

What manager/coach would meet your expectations ? 

lost in space
9 minutes ago, feej said:

All most of us will be wanting is a performance where we look like a football team, organised, disciplined, hard working. If we were to win then that would be absolutely outstanding but if we don't then we would hope that they have put in a performance to be proud of.

Very well put. I think most of us would accept that. Unfortunately, we mostly don't display the ethics you list.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, luckydug said:

Just what are you looking for ? 

What manager/coach would meet your expectations ? 

I have no one particularly in mind but I’m sure Savage in his experience down south will have seen someone who could do better.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Exactly this

And it's almost the same small group of people who constantly complain about him. Of course, you never hear from them when we win, they're too upset we got a result.

I say almost because you can't forget about the vermin interlopers who are also enjoying this shit.

• davemclaren changed the title to Robbie!!! ( merged )