Robbie!!! ( merged )

Graham Thomson

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Haring is slow and sh**e, gives possession away time after time, get rid asap!!!

I think we only kept him because Beni was injured. Easier than finding someone else, sums us up well. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• soonbe110

• BackOfTheNet

• jr ewing

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Haring is slow and sh**e, gives possession away time after time, get rid asap!!!

Take Atkinson, Devlin, Sibbick, GMS, Cochrane and Henderson with him please.

Complete and utter horseshit the lot of them.

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

Struggling to see what our identity/style of play is to be honest. From back to front we seem to be disjointed or not in sync.

It was almost predictable how it would go today even without the red card. Half ersed pressing letting Goldson then Davies pick out those diagnals for the first two goals (same as the 2-0 game last season). Bar Humphrys there was no one willing to be direct or physical. We've signed a lure penalty box poacher in Shankland yet he seems to be expected to act like a budget Firmino chasing down full backs.

Spot on, the manager said on Thursday we play slow possession football instead of lumping it forward. His tactical plan was to lump it to Humphrey who did really well. 

1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Motherwell win papered the cracks.

4 wins in 18? 

Don’t think we’ve played 18 matches this season surely?! 🤷‍♂️

Last 30 games - W13 D4 L13 Win% 43%

Last 20 games - W7 D2 L11 Win% 35%

Last 10 games - W3 D0 L7 Win% 30%

We're getting worse.

wtf-disbelief.gif

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Here we go, got to be a  lovers or a  hater, the new world of polarised opinions.

Why can’t we discuss the manager objectively. He gets it right a lot of the time and wrong other times. Every single team in Scotland has a terrible record against the old firm. Each game he tries something different against the OF, I’m sure he doesn’t think ‘ah **** it we’ll just lose today’ 

Today he probably got it wrong, then before he can change it Devlin does what he does. We had created chances and if Humphrys plays the ball first time Shankland gets a tap in for 1-1. We defended like amateurs for their two goals not much Neilson can do there. But then he could be criticised for not packing the midfield.

There seems to be an expectation on 3rd this season, I think it would be an incredible achievement to get 3rd with the amount of games and I said so from the start of the season.

Read a lot of guff today but finally some sense spoken. It is getting tiresome discussing Neilson after every game and that includes when we win.

FWIW I think Neilson got the selection wrong today, we should have stuck with the 4-3-3 that served us well against Riga and Motherwell, and actually think it was a bit wild only putting 2 in against Arfield, Jack and Lundstram. Robbie has made mistakes this season but people really need to take a step back at times. We have to be patient, we have to see where we are at Xmas time. Obviously if we keep losing then he should go, but until we are adrift from the top 3 or 4 places then there should not be this same discussion after every single game. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Last 30 games - W13 D4 L13 Win% 43%

Last 20 games - W7 D2 L11 Win% 35%

Last 10 games - W3 D0 L7 Win% 30%

We're getting worse.

wtf-disbelief.gif

Assume this is a joke? 

Edited by karipidis

BackOfTheNet

I did say before the international break people were putting far too much importance on “3rd in the league, 2nd in our European group”. One round of fixtures later we’re 6th in the league. There’s hardly any points in it, so I’m not going to place any importance on the league position as it stands, but those that did when we were 3rd need to own it.

People lectured anyone who had the gall to question Neilson’s abilities as a tactician and took to rubbing people’s noses in it after the Motherwell game. As I say, you have to own it, if you were giving it the big one that we were 3rd then (as if the league was finished), then you have to accept we’re 6th (and behind Hibs and St. Mirren) and all that means.

The Grim Reaper
38 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I haven't bothered reading any of the thread, but just hopped in to ask:

What do people expect from a Hearts manager?

The absolute best any team (except two) in this stupid league can hope for is 3rd, two cups, and a trip or two into Europe.

So, Robbie so far has got us 3rd twice, two cup finals (losing to the OF x 2), and a trip or two into Europe. 

He's getting close to the maximum achievement possible

Gareth Southgate got England to a WC SF and EC final. 

I think most of the support recognizes Neilson as is a safe pair of hands, should secure us top 6 finishes but not the kind of guy to take us next level.

where the support diverges is whether or not that is good enough.

I think we need to stick with him this season then see if there’s any ambitious candidate who could be the k on be to take that next step. 

Just now, Kirky Jambo said:

I think most of the support recognizes Neilson as is a safe pair of hands, should secure us top 6 finishes but not the kind of guy to take us next level.

I think we need to stick with him this season then see if there’s any ambitious candidate who could be the k on be to take that next step. 

Top 6 isn't good enough. It's 3rd or get tae feck for Robbie and that's how it should be. Standards. 

2 minutes ago, Kirky Jambo said:

By top 6 do you mean 3rd? Because that's literally the only result he's delivered.

I can't believe I have to say this, but we cannot compete with the Old Firm and 'get to the next level' without more money.

The money that he secured through coming third last season, taking us to Europe.

2 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

By top 6 do you mean 3rd? Because that's literally the only result he's delivered.

I can't believe I have to say this, but we cannot compete with the Old Firm and 'get to the next level' without more money.

The money that he secured through coming third last season, taking us to Europe.

Yeah mate agree but I think with more money he wouldn’t have the mentality to compete with OF, don’t think he is that good a tactician/manager

2 minutes ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Yeah mate agree but I think with more money he wouldn’t have the mentality to compete with OF, don’t think he is that good a tactician/manager

Well thats your view. But all the statistical evidence shows that Robbie is one of our best managers in years.

And losing against a Rangers side worth 20 times our squad is not an indicator of his ability.

Edited by ali_jambo

To beat either of the uglies, firstly, you need your strongest team available given the sheer strength and quality of their squads.  (Our first choice CB pairing were not available and we were relying on a 19/20 year old CB and a FB playing at CB to combat their multi million pound players. It told. Boyce, is, IMO, a big miss for what he brings to the team and of course, one of our best MF’s is still out (Beni) ).

Secondly, you need to be absolutely clinical with any chance/even half chance because you know they will be (Humphrey’s plays that ball 1st time, it’s 1-1).

Thirdly, the set up needs to be spot on. (Robbie got this wrong today IMO. 2 in the MF against their 3 was a big ask. Buy any slim chance we had at 0-2, was extinguished when Cammy did what he did).

The other results going the way they did haven’t made this an enjoyable day by any means 😒

But starting a thread saying RN has been manager too long on the back of a result against a far stronger, multi million pound team seems a bit dramatic.

(And I get our overall form (prior to today, we’d won every league home match) has been patchy this season but how often have we actually had our strongest team playing and beaten?)

Scott Leitch

Without going through this thread has the wee man from Wallyford been all over it defending him?

Neilson isn't going anywhere. We could finish bottom 6 and he will be here next season. Pointless talking about this. 

August Landmesser
26 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Gareth Southgate got England to a WC SF and EC final. 

Callum Davidson won St Johnstone a LC, a SC and got a draw at Galatasaray

What's your point?

Scott Leitch
48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think we only kept him because Beni was injured. Easier than finding someone else, sums us up well. 

Haring is the least of the problems. For the last 2 plus years how many times have we conceded goals from cross balls? Do they work on this in training? Even when we have halkett fit (Before he is brought into it) we still concede. 

Scott Leitch
18 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Well thats your view. But all the statistical evidence shows that Robbie is one of our best managers in years.

And losing against a Rangers side worth 20 times our squad is not an indicator of his ability.

So when can we criticise him? When we lose v the Old firm they have a bigger budget. When we lose v Killie they have a lower budget. At what point can we criticise him? 

Don't say "Who could we get better" If Neilson left for another job what would we do? Hopefully we would advertise and see who is out there and applies. 

Anyway as I've said he isn't going anywhere regardless. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Haring is the least of the problems. For the last 2 plus years how many times have we conceded goals from cross balls? Do they work on this in training? Even when we have halkett fit (Before he is brought into it) we still concede. 

Agreed, add in our poor crossing it’s clear something needs to change. From a training video a few years back we train with metal dummies as defenders, this really doesn’t emulate a game situation. Sergio had them doing defence against attack drills ten years ago that was more advanced than we do now. As I said earlier three different corner takers in 17 minutes is bizarre. 

See this whole continually mentioned thing that Neilson has delivered 3rd in his 2 full seasons in the SPL, I think it's been forgotten by many that in the first of those there was no Rangers and no Hibs in the league !!!!! It's such an overegged stat for that reason alone. Aberdeen finished ahead of us! Last season we strolled 3rd against probably the worse competition for 3rd in the last 20 years. Neilson is a very lucky guy, somehow managed to play for Hearts for years despite being extremely mediocre and now has the Hearts head Coach gig tied up due to mass mismanagement and recruitment after he walked out the first time. He should count his lucky stars every night! 

Edited by Luckies1874

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

See this whole continually mentioned thing that Neilson has delivered 3rd in his 2 full seasons in the SPL, I think it's been forgotten by many that in the first of those there was no Rangers in the league !!!!! It's such an overegged stat for that reason alone. Aberdeen finished ahead of us! Last season we strolled 3rd against probably the worse competition for 3rd in the last 20 years. Neilson is a very lucky guy, somehow managed to play for Hearts for years despite being extremely mediocre and now has the Hearts head Coach gig tied up due to mass mismanagement and recruitment after he walked out the first time. He should count his lucky stars every night! 

Jesus Christ. 😄

No issues with Neilson being the manager currently, but I feel he was given a contract extension too early.  I thought if the board waited until mid season, that would have been more prudent.  

Appreciated our first choice center Half's are injured, but every team has injuries, right.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Without going through this thread has the wee man from Wallyford been all over it defending him?

Neilson isn't going anywhere. We could finish bottom 6 and he will be here next season. Pointless talking about this. 

Correct, unfortunately. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

See this whole continually mentioned thing that Neilson has delivered 3rd in his 2 full seasons in the SPL, I think it's been forgotten by many that in the first of those there was no Rangers and no Hibs in the league !!!!! It's such an overegged stat for that reason alone. Aberdeen finished ahead of us! Last season we strolled 3rd against probably the worse competition for 3rd in the last 20 years. Neilson is a very lucky guy, somehow managed to play for Hearts for years despite being extremely mediocre and now has the Hearts head Coach gig tied up due to mass mismanagement and recruitment after he walked out the first time. He should count his lucky stars every night! 

Fair points 

5 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

I can't be the only person who is fed up watching Hearts under Robbie Neilson.

and I know we finished 3rd, ( in a shocking league) but we did it. 

And yes we are in Europe, 

Regardless of which 11 he plays, most weeks I think it's pretty dire, 

And no I don't hate the guy I just think he has been Manager for to long, we need fresh ideas

Corners and free kicks Kingsley aside, they are dreadful. 

I don't want an argument about it it's just my opinion, or maybe I'm just getting to old!! 

The league is pretty rubbish and with our budget 3rd should be expected, 

And really it's not about today just, for me he wouldn't have survived Brora, 

But I realise he has a 3 year contract so will just have to get on with it. 

And yes I have seen worse teams in my 55 years watching Hearts, 40 of which as a season ticket holder. .

It's just my opinion.

if you don’t like watching it, stop. 

Genuinely ridiculous wanting the manager sacked after defeat to the old firm. 

why should we get 3rd automatically when Our wage budget is very similar to our competitors for 3rd?

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Here was me thinking Gordon and Cochrane where the 1st 2 on the team-sheet.

Agree with 4 of the 6, in order to take that apparent next step tho 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Top 6 isn't good enough. It's 3rd or get tae feck for Robbie and that's how it should be. Standards. 

I sort of agree with this, the club have to have a set of standards and the way I see it Hearts as a club should never finish lower than 4th in this league, given our standing and reputation within scottish football, let's be honest here, outside of the OF the league and most teams are utter pants and we should be burying most of the teams outwith the OF with our resources.

I think if he doesn't get at least 4th he should be sacked, I'm confident he will still get 3rd again though.

August Landmesser
41 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Make up your mind. 

We finished third behind Aberdeen, with no Rangers or Hibs= Shite 

We finished third behind Rangers, ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs= Shite 

What's the story, morning glory?

13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Make up your mind. 

We finished third behind Aberdeen, with no Rangers or Hibs= Shite 

We finished third behind Rangers, ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs= Shite 

What's the story, morning glory?

Never said "shite" at all, just bringing perspective to those who use his record of two 3rd place finishes as evidence of his managerial genius. Personally I think he deserves credit for those finishes, particularly last year as frankly any Scottish top flight league without Rangers and Hibs should always see Hearts finish 2nd or 3rd, at worse!  Last year we coasted and Neilson of course deserved plaudits but let's not pretend it was some masterclass, we were clearly better than a pretty motley crew behind us. This season it is looking very unlikely we will have it our own way like that but make no mistake anything but 3rd will be a horrible failure given the opportunity there for us. This has nothing to do with how many times Hearts have been 3rd in consecutive seasons, this is about now and the massive advantage we should have over virtually everyone else. Not only that we've known we would be 3rd since early in the year and still managed to have a very underwhelming transfer window failing to bring in the quality necessary in important areas. The pressure should not be on Neilson yet, in my view, but it damn well should be if he lets the chance to pull away from the rest slip by us. As should Savage by the way who has been far too much talk and far too little action recently.

Edited by Luckies1874

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

totally agree here👍

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

To beat either of the uglies, firstly, you need your strongest team available given the sheer strength and quality of their squads.  (Our first choice CB pairing were not available and we were relying on a 19/20 year old CB and a FB playing at CB to combat their multi million pound players. It told. Boyce, is, IMO, a big miss for what he brings to the team and of course, one of our best MF’s is still out (Beni) ).

Secondly, you need to be absolutely clinical with any chance/even half chance because you know they will be (Humphrey’s plays that ball 1st time, it’s 1-1).

Thirdly, the set up needs to be spot on. (Robbie got this wrong today IMO. 2 in the MF against their 3 was a big ask. Buy any slim chance we had at 0-2, was extinguished when Cammy did what he did).

The other results going the way they did haven’t made this an enjoyable day by any means 😒

But starting a thread saying RN has been manager too long on the back of a result against a far stronger, multi million pound team seems a bit dramatic.

(And I get our overall form (prior to today, we’d won every league home match) has been patchy this season but how often have we actually had our strongest team playing and beaten?)

Fair points but Boyce played in all five games against them last season and did nothing of note.
Teams rarely have their strongest teams available these days. 

1 hour ago, ali_jambo said:

Let’s not pretend a 4-0 home defeat to Rangers is excusable, it’s an unacceptable result, regardless of budgets.

However my comments weren’t to do with today, more a general observation. Would never advocate sacking a manager on one result. Neilson is a victim of his own (relative) success in a way. 

Bazzas right boot

After our first promotion, then 3rd place finish then with him leaving for MK Dons with us 2nd/3rd in in the league it's a real shame he never stayed and wasn't manager from then until now.

We really missed out when he left.

Thankfully after getting us promoted ( again)  and finishing 3rd again he has picked up where he left from.

It's a real shame, if he had the last 4/5 years we might have been well ahead of the pack by now.

6 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

I can't be the only person who is fed up watching Hearts under Robbie Neilson.

and I know we finished 3rd, ( in a shocking league) but we did it. 

And yes we are in Europe, 

Regardless of which 11 he plays, most weeks I think it's pretty dire, 

And no I don't hate the guy I just think he has been Manager for to long, we need fresh ideas

Corners and free kicks Kingsley aside, they are dreadful. 

I don't want an argument about it it's just my opinion, or maybe I'm just getting to old!! 

The league is pretty rubbish and with our budget 3rd should be expected, 

And really it's not about today just, for me he wouldn't have survived Brora, 

But I realise he has a 3 year contract so will just have to get on with it. 

And yes I have seen worse teams in my 55 years watching Hearts, 40 of which as a season ticket holder. .

It's just my opinion.

My opinion is it sounds like the sheep fans who hounded out the best manager they had in decades. Then were nearly relegated.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Carter said:

:troll:

Why is this thread a troll thread and the other thread stating he's been here to long isn't?

The lad is a SC legend, 10 years a player and under his mgt has 2x  3rd place finishes out of 2.

Has us in European group stage football for the first time since CL and the first non OF team  since Aberdeen over a decade ago.

He has deserves more respect and if he'd been here for 4/5 years then we might have been ahead of where we are now- his record would indicate that.

When he finishes 3rd again this year he'll be the best modern manager we've ever had.

:rofl:

Some boy like. I wish I didn't feel like you are going to be busier than Fireman Sam on here throughout October but I have a bad feeling that you are! 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

:rofl:

Some boy like. I wish I didn't feel like you are going to be busier than Fireman Sam on here throughout October but I have a bad feeling that you are! 

Fireman Sam is a lazy *******.

Too busy banging Penny.

Once we finish 3rd again this year he'll be 3 for 3 3rd place finishes.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why is this thread a troll thread and the other thread stating he's been here to long isn't?

The lad is a SC legend, 10 years a player and under his mgt has 2x  3rd place finishes out of 2.

Has us in European group stage football for the first time since CL and the first non OF team  since Aberdeen over a decade ago.

He has deserves more respect and if he'd been here for 4/5 years then we might have been ahead of where we are now- his record would indicate that.

When he finishes 3rd again this year he'll be the best modern manager we've ever had.

D sometimes people use the word troll just because they don’t like the opinion 

unless the intent is to annoy others then it isn’t trolling 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

After our first promotion, then 3rd place finish then with him leaving for MK Dons with us 2nd/3rd in in the league it's a real shame he never stayed and wasn't manager from then until now.

We really missed out when he left.

Thankfully after getting us promoted ( again)  and finishing 3rd again he has picked up where he left from.

It's a real shame, if he had the last 4/5 years we might have been well ahead of the pack by now.

He chose to leave 

37 minutes ago, jambocub said:

He chose to leave 

If I'd been harassed at work, I'd chose to leave , anaw.

Edited by ri Alban

26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

If I'd been harassed at work, I'd chose to leave , anaw.

Couldn't have felt that harassed to come back.

Ricardo Quaresma

Not reading this whole thread; quite a bunch of entitled wallopers posting

This is, always was going to be a tough season, especially until November

We are where we are, we have the players we have

If you’re going to come on here and empty your bowels all over the board, you’re just going to spread your poison

If you can’t write something positive then maybe you should think twice about writing something negative

We lost to rangers, with our central defensive pairing missing, what a shock!

11 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

When we get a bad result anybody slagging him gets the "what about winning the championship,  finishing third etc. "  When we get a decent result we get the "told you so stuff" He's done OK but anyone that thinks he can take us any further than where we are is dreaming. 

How much further/farther can you go that. 3rd, Cup finals. Behind the two best, biggest and richest clubs in Scotland. And European football. You need help if you think we're going any higher, other winning a cup.

• davemclaren changed the title to Robbie!!! ( merged )