• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• soonbe110

• BackOfTheNet

• jr ewing

15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Let’s not pretend we have done anything different or achieved more than Aberdeen St Johnstone and Hibs to achieve group stage European football.  We have got extremely lucky that we qualified at a time the coefficient was in place that allowed it for the first time for our league.   The only qualifiers we played we lost home and away. 

We were also very ‘unlucky’ that when covid hit and clubs were facing the very real prospect of going to the wall, we were demoted after 30 games. The season was incomplete, the fixtures completed were unbalanced and the decision was unjust.

I prefer to call our ‘luck’ in getting to the group stages ‘eeksies’.

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

*To the reigning Swiss champions

We still lost.  They lost their manager, team torn apart and sit joint bottom with 2 points. 

The same as we won to a mediocre Latvian team that everyone got credit for.

Stop looking for excuses for absolute everything.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

And it's almost the same small group of people who constantly complain about him. Of course, you never hear from them when we win, they're too upset we got a result.

I say almost because you can't forget about the vermin interlopers who are also enjoying this shit.

What an absolute slaver you are.

lost in space
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sack the manager, sack the board, 

sack Ann Budge, Sack James Anderson(for not giving us enough money to beat the OF) 

Sack everyone including the catering staff as their Bovril is shit. 

Most of all sack all the moaning faced BASTREDS on JKB who greet like **** every time we lose. 😏

For the millionth time - stop exaggerating!

1 hour ago, Graham Thomson said:

I can't be the only person who is fed up watching Hearts under Robbie Neilson.

and I know we finished 3rd, ( in a shocking league) but we did it. 

And yes we are in Europe, 

Regardless of which 11 he plays, most weeks I think it's pretty dire, 

And no I don't hate the guy I just think he has been Manager for to long, we need fresh ideas

Corners and free kicks Kingsley aside, they are dreadful. 

I don't want an argument about it it's just my opinion, or maybe I'm just getting to old!! 

The league is pretty rubbish and with our budget 3rd should be expected, 

And really it's not about today just, for me he wouldn't have survived Brora, 

But I realise he has a 3 year contract so will just have to get on with it. 

And yes I have seen worse teams in my 55 years watching Hearts, 40 of which as a season ticket holder. .

It's just my opinion.

Yawn , hopefully if your on the right side of the dyke? In the morning you’ll realise that injuries aside ,new players aside, ,millions of £££s aside ,we? Are going the right way  😇😇😇😇😇.    🤮

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Very well put. I think most of us would accept that. Unfortunately, we mostly don't display the ethics you list.

Individual errors let us down today.

Rangers were hardly all over us before the red card.

We didn't sit back like previous teams have; enjoyed most of the ball in their half and forced them to counter.

The difference in quality up front was telling.

24 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Let’s not pretend we have done anything different or achieved more than Aberdeen St Johnstone and Hibs to achieve group stage European football.  We have got extremely lucky that we qualified at a time the coefficient was in place that allowed it for the first time for our league.   The only qualifiers we played we lost home and away. 

Head to head game vs Hibs secured us this European place. 

Naisys Tackle
15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We finished miles in front of those clubs. 

So we achieved more than them. 

We achieved as much as them when they finished 3rd miles ahead of us.  We got lucky the Conference League was there despite losing.  Making the Groups is no more of an achievement than finishing 3rd any other time.  Craig Levein making the groups was a wonderful achievement because we had to actually qualify by winning games in Europe after finishing 3rd.  We had to do nothing more special than any other team thats gotten into Europe yet its treated as more on an achievement. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, EH11 2NL said:

Head to head game vs Hibs secured us this European place. 

Yep.  I'm talking in terms of when they qualified for Europe. 

Malinga the Swinga
24 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Jeez, imagine bemoaning and downplaying being in Europe. A new low, even for here.

You can always support Fiorentina on Thursday, hoping we don't get another so called undeserved win. After all, according to you, we shouldn't even be in tournament.

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We still lost.  They lost their manager, team torn apart and sit joint bottom with 2 points. 

The same as we won to a mediocre Latvian team that everyone got credit for.

Stop looking for excuses for absolute everything.

It’s not an excuse, I’m adding the context to your argument that was unfortunately missing.

They’re the current Swiss champs with a squad worth twice as much as ours.

Was hardly going to be a walkover.

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

We achieved as much as them when they finished 3rd miles ahead of us.  We got lucky the Conference League was there despite losing.  Making the Groups is no more of an achievement than finishing 3rd any other time.  Craig Levein making the groups was a wonderful achievement because we had to actually qualify by winning games in Europe after finishing 3rd.  We had to do nothing more special than any other team thats gotten into Europe yet its treated as more on an achievement. 

We had to reach the cup final. Thus requiring taking care of Hibs at Hampden yet again.

Otherwise the group stages would have been beyond us most likely.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Jeez, imagine bemoaning and downplaying being in Europe. A new low, even for here.

You can always support Fiorentina on Thursday, hoping we don't get another so called undeserved win. After all, according to you, we shouldn't even be in tournament.

Who is doing that?  It's great for the club we got given the groups through circumstance and not through any more of an achievement than when the others finished 3rd or actually won a trophy. 

Why do you always have to go to the extremes of putting words in others mouth?  

Keep Robbie Neilson this season and we might miss out on top 3

Sack Robbie Neilson and there is no chance we will make top 3

Any decent coach from England or abroad is not coming to the two horse league that is the SPFL without being given the guarantee of a very substantial salary and large transfer budget, without those promises we will only hire much the same as we have hired in the past.

Despite what many might believe, Hearts and Scottish football is not that much of an attraction to an aspiring top level coach

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

It’s not an excuse, I’m adding the context to your argument that was unfortunately missing.

They’re the current Swiss champs with a squad worth twice as much as ours.

Was hardly going to be a walkover.

Nobody said it was.  We lost though.  We didn't make a group for any achievement bar being best of the diddies domestically. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Chevy Chase said:

We had to reach the cup final. Thus requiring taking care of Hibs at Hampden yet again.

If Hibs had won and Rangers pumped them in the final we would be in exactly the same position as we are now. 

2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Any decent coach from England or abroad is not coming to the two horse league that is the SPFL without being given the guarantee of a very substantial salary and large transfer budget, without those promises we will only hire much the same as we have hired in the past.

Despite what many might believe, Hearts and Scottish football is not that much of an attraction to an aspiring top level coach

This.

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If Hibs had won and Rangers pumped them in the final we would be in exactly the same position as we are now. 

Ah well. Mon the Hibs.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Totally agree. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Chevy Chase said:

Ah well. Mon the Hibs.

Who said that?  We won thankfully.  We didn't go over and above to make a group stage though.  That was my point.  

Malinga the Swinga

According to geniuses on here, Sean Dyche would jump at chance. They're deluded beyond belief, driven by hatred of Neilson while believing the next world class manager will jump at coming here and lead us to glory. No idea what planet they're on, but it certainly isn't this one.

Shooter McGavin

Nobody said it was.  We lost though.  We didn't make a group for any achievement bar being best of the diddies domestically. 

Who cares mate?

We got there and we’ve got European trips to look forward to, and we’ve pocketed a decent bit of cash as a result.

I’m surprised anybody has even got the energy to try and take the shine off it, to be honest.

Genuine question here.

How far can another manager take us.

Apart from winning a cup Robbie has done all that he can in my opinion. 

Break the old firm? We don't have the budget, simple.

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You must have been gutted when we beat you in Hampden semi final. Sorry, make that beat you again.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Who cares mate?

We got there and we’ve got European trips to look forward to, and we’ve pocketed a decent bit of cash as a result.

I’m surprised anybody has even got the energy to try and take the shine off it, to be honest.

Making the groups is great.  

Who said that?  We won thankfully.  We didn't go over and above to make a group stage though.  That was my point.  

Riga and Florence to come will ensure I’m ok with how it all turned out.

You knock yourself out on here, tho 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Naisys Tackle

Riga and Florence to come will ensure I’m ok with how it all turned out.

You knock yourself out on here, tho 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Turned out great.  Never once said otherwise.  Hardly an extra achievement for the management team though.  Leveins was. 

Turned out great.  Never once said otherwise.  Hardly an extra achievement for the management team though.  Leveins was. 

I’ve never mentioned any ‘extra achievement’…..can’t see anyone mentioning that apart from you tbh. I’ve not read the whole thread mind

Naisys Tackle

I’ve never mentioned any ‘extra achievement’…..can’t see anyone mentioning that apart from you tbh. I’ve not read the whole thread mind

Others did.  That's why I replied.   Was only adding some perspective.  

Good wins v Riga and Motherwell aside but we've been more bad than good this season. Today was really atrocious. 

Halkett and Rowles look more and more pivotal to our team with every defeat but Gordon, Smith and Kingsley didn't take charge today, they should be leading.  Kingsley has been shite all season at CB btw. He's a LB/LWB or LCB in a 3. Never a CB in a 4. 

Our midfield has been all over the shop all season, Kio might sort that but if it's not one, e.g. Grant v Zurich, it's the other i.e. Devlin today or Haring all over the place, a player who has been excellent for us up until this season. I don't know what has happened to our midfield but it's been very poor. On top of that Barrie McKay anonymous yet again in a big game, you can see why he plays for us because he can only be arsed half the time and it's generally against lesser opposition. 

Biggest issue for me is upfront. Shanks might get the odd goal from the penalty spot or against lesser opposition but in general he's been pretty pish. Needs to do a lot more to convince that he is a long term option upfront for us. He gives defenders an easy game. 

Robbie has a lot to fix, there's no doubt about it but sacking him? Nah. The season is still young, I feel we should and can improve massively and I have faith that he can get some consistency back into this team. However, we've had one too many drubbings this season for my liking and we have a lot of good teams to play in the coming weeks, the first priority has to be sorting out our leaky defence because we concede too many shots and poor goals. 

14 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

👏👏👏sadly true

lost in space
4 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Individual errors let us down today.

Rangers were hardly all over us before the red card.

We didn't sit back like previous teams have; enjoyed most of the ball in their half and forced them to counter.

The difference in quality up front was telling.

Your points are all valid but we played like a team of individuals who were scared to make mistakes.

Apart from a couple of individual Humphrys shots, we never really threatened. Playing Mackay in Central role was a big mistake.

Also playing our full backs tucked in really hurt us as their wingers had too much space.

Others did.  That's why I replied.   Was only adding some perspective.  

Perspective back at ye. We don’t give a **** ✈️ 🇱🇻 😃

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

We didn’t need to reach the cup final, we just needed Rangers or Celtic to win it.  Or us. 

Laurie summed it up nicely on twitter. All the constant Neilson out from some totally dilutes any criticism when it is deserved.

Team was good from what we had to pick from, we had intent to start with , let down by some players today.

I would retweet him or post a link on here but don't know how. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We didn’t need to reach the cup final, we just needed Rangers or Celtic to win it.  Or us. 

Aye let’s roll over to Hibs and hope Rangers take care of them in the final so we can earn a group stage place. What could have possibly went wrong?

We needed to beat Hibs and we did.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

👏👏👏sadly true

An even sadder fact is that if we got rid of Robbie Neilson tomorrow, the first name and bookies favourites would be Jack Ross or Steven Pressley 

I just take it as a given now that a loss or disappointing draw guarantees a new thread like this as the existing ones keep rumbling on even when we win 😁

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Laurie summed it up nicely on twitter. All the constant Neilson out from some totally dilutes any criticism when it is deserved.

Team was good from what we had to pick from, we had intent to start with , let down by some players today.

On the other hand you are not allowed to say a single thing to some or they take it as personally as disrespecting their mother and automatically become some hater type figure.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's an original opinion. 

Lots of new things to discuss and dissect. 

Haha, I've only just ventured back onto JKB after full-time, first thing I see is this thread title, your comment should really be the second and only before the lock. 

Folk really do lose their minds after a defeat, especially considering we lost to one of the Rich Clubs. 

We play like a team where the manager knows his job is safe no matter what.

We function like a hippy commune set up with ambitions to build the nicest most inclusive community centre in the country.

Said it for years.

Naisys Tackle

An even sadder fact is that if we got rid of Robbie Neilson tomorrow, the first name and bookies favourites would be Jack Ross or Steven Pressley 

Least it wouldn't be Cathro or Levein.

We got rid of Robbie at the moment it would be terrible for our reputation to begin with.   Secondly I've no idea who comes in to replace him.

lost in space
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

How many times do we accept "let down by some players" before we start to wonder why this happens in so many games?

My question is rhetoric but this excuse has a short shelf life.

Least it wouldn't be Cathro or Levein.

We got rid of Robbie at the moment it would be terrible for our reputation to begin with.   Secondly I've no idea who comes in to replace him.

Me neither, but I know for certain that some of the names in the short list would be sobering

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Haha, I've only just ventured back onto JKB after full-time, first thing I see is this thread title, your comment should really be the second and only before the lock. 

Folk really do lose their minds after a defeat, especially considering we lost to one of the Rich Clubs. 

The majority of posters losing their minds are the ones who won't hear a word against Neilson.  If they expect to come on here after a heavy defeat and not expect to read any differing views to everythings great and we hadnt a hope of anything less than a pumping then a football forum isnt probably for them. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Robbie!!! ( merged )