***Official Heart of Midlothian v Fiorentina match thread***

Bazzas right boot

I will go to tynecastle thinking we can get a result same as i do every game but will not be surprised if we lost 4-0. 

If kio is now out as well that is a massive blow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• Taffin

• Harry Potter

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Interesting read.

Same strength as Carlsberg Special Brew.

That's brutal stuff.

Had a pint in peschiera,lake garda mistaking it for normal tennents. Horrific stuff. All the young italians were drinking it albeit in half pints 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Gino speaking as if he knows he is starting - pace behind the back line. Would suit Humphrys and Forest as well…

Mckay as the final part of the starting front 4.

With the right midfield might work very well.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Gino speaking as if he knows he is starting - pace behind the back line. Would suit Humphrys and Forest as well…

Mckay as the final part of the starting front 4.

With the right midfield might work very well.

I think it's the way to go in Europre.  I like Shanks, so not a go at him, but his lack of pace shows up more in these games.  Against SPFL teams, especially at home if they sit it, he's a great asset.  In Europe where possession is at a premium, I feel the game is built more for Gino and The Hump.

Did I hear someone say Gino a doubt?!  And now Kio?  Where this coming from?

25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think it's the way to go in Europre.  I like Shanks, so not a go at him, but his lack of pace shows up more in these games.  Against SPFL teams, especially at home if they sit it, he's a great asset.  In Europe where possession is at a premium, I feel the game is built more for Gino and The Hump.

Did I hear someone say Gino a doubt?!  And now Kio?  Where this coming from?

It's came from a random person on KB so chances are it's complete nonsense! Might be true but nothing from any reliable source that I've seen and usually would be picked up by the EEN if true. 

3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

It's came from a random person on KB so chances are it's complete nonsense! Might be true but nothing from any reliable source that I've seen and usually would be picked up by the EEN if true. 

Phew!

So just Halks and Kingsley to worry about!

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Chipped bone in his foot is the rumour. Out for a few weeks

Absolutely nothing in the news search engines and nothing on Twitter. If this is true, you've got deep sources.

Unfortunately due to Covid I'm now selling 2 adults & 1 U18 seated together.

Wheatfield Section B Row 8

£65

2 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Is this being broadcast & if so by whom?

BT are showing it. BT Sports 3.

Edited by graygo

hmfc4life1991
5 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Is this being broadcast & if so by whom?

Does this really need asked every game.... BT have had the rights for years for European games 

gorgierulesapply88
15 minutes ago, fatjambo said:

Unfortunately due to Covid I'm now selling 2 adults & 1 U18 seated together.

Wheatfield Section B Row 8

£65

I'm in Mallorca back midnight tomorrow happy to meet with cash on Thursday? Covid doesn't bother me so happy to meet in person. 

We are so due a resukt in a “big” game but I have no confidence in us right now. 

Just not good enough defensively at RB or CH and we never score goals in games against better teams. 

Bazzas right boot

Looking forward to it.

Big, sexy, illustrious team at Tynecastle- cold, wintery, hopefully a little drizzle and under the flood lights. 

Not to mention Fiorentina are in town.

Few pints,  food.

Chance of a famous win.

Might get ragdolled though, these are the chances you take as a Hearts fan.

Either way, it's cracking to have these nights back.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Psychedelicropcircle
20 minutes ago, hmfc4life1991 said:

Does this really need asked every game.... BT have had the rights for years for European games 

I’ve only asked once ya crabbit *****😵💫

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

This is probably the key game in the group. Win and we qualify. Possibly pointing out the obvious here to be fair..:

Maybe, but Fiorentina could beat the turks Sat home. 

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I’ve only asked once ya crabbit *****😵💫

In colour and HD.:10900:

20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Looking forward to it.

Big, sexy, illustrious team at Tynecastle- cold, wintery, hopefully a little drizzle and under the flood lights. 

Few pints,  food.

Chance of a famous win.

Great Post! 

Pasquale for King

I think the fact Fiorentina play a possession based game might help us, we can maybe be more compact and protect the fragile defence.

I think Shankland will start, which might not be the best plan. 

Gordon

Cochrane

Kingsley

Halkett/Neilson

Smith

Grant

Kio/Haring

Devlin

McKay

Gino

Humphrys 

The front three can rotate. 

41 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I'm in Mallorca back midnight tomorrow happy to meet with cash on Thursday? Covid doesn't bother me so happy to meet in person. 

They are print at home tickets so need to be emailed over.

I'm feeling the excitement now as my e-tickets were sent this afternoon to me via Italy. For some reason I didn't expect them as I thought my friends were bringing paper ones over with them! That's a bonus just in case of a flight delay etc. Presuming the QR code on it gets scanned? 

Fiorentina accidentally charged me full price for my son so are going to reimburse which is a bonus.

We're apparently bringing 800 according to a source this morning as sales weren't quite as high as predicted. 

Watt-Zeefuik
50 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe, but Fiorentina could beat the turks Sat home. 

It's possible, but if they can beat Istanbul, I don't have much hope for us beating them. We didn't play particularly badly against them and they strolled it.

19 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

It's possible, but if they can beat Istanbul, I don't have much hope for us beating them. We didn't play particularly badly against them and they strolled it.

We're certainly capable but need to play better. That Istanbul game was a strange one.....dominated and threatened to score, then lost a soft one and then looked psychologically fragile after our keeper's howler. Once we went down to 10 with 20 mins to go, the tide turned.

However, the stats over the course of the whole game, considering those circumstances, show that it wasn't the walkover the result suggests.... (Ignore purple colour! Fiorentina stats on the right hand side)

Screenshot_20221004-181238_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-181251_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Stuart Jack
error

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Stuart Jack said:

We're certainly capable but need to play better. That Istanbul game was a strange one.....dominated and threatened to score, then lost a soft one and then looked psychologically fragile after our keeper's howler. Once we went down to 10 with 20 mins to go, the tide turned.

However, the stats over the course of the whole game, considering those circumstances, show that it wasn't the walkover the result suggests....

I respect the stats work but to me I was encouraged in the first half until I realized they hadn't gotten out of second gear yet.

At the critical moment, they turned on the quality and overpowered us. Their displays when they really made a concerted effort to attack us showed the gulf in quality.

It certainly looks like we won't see Ozil take on Hearts given his back trouble but he's plainly not out of place in that side.

3 hours ago, savage said:

I will go to tynecastle thinking we can get a result same as i do every game but will not be surprised if we lost 4-0. 

If kio is now out as well that is a massive blow

Hope we don't lose by that scoreline. When was the last time we lost three home games in a row by 4-0?

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Looking forward to it.

Few pints,  food.

Chance of a famous win.

Making it sound magnificent! Gutted I can't make this one. Hope everyone's evening is as good as the above!

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

This is probably the key game in the group. Win and we qualify. Possibly pointing out the obvious here to be fair..:

Yep, second place decider unless it finishes in a draw. 

Gorgie_Rules

Need to play with 2 natural centres backs whether its a back 3 or 4. Playing a full back in Smith or Kinglsey in the centre of a back 4 when they are natural full backs, or both either side of Neilson doesn’t work.

Appreciate thats stating the obvious around the absence of Halkett, but the lack of 2 imposing centre backs makes us very vulnerable.

It’s a shame Sibbick has been written off so early on.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

No Idle Talk

Right. It's a change of tack for me going into this game. No 4-2-3-1. No starting with four attacking players in the team. No trying to take the game to them. I think if we try that again it will be arses felt time again.

Saturday laid one thing out there for all to see. Our defence is a mess. There were gaps everywhere and Rangers players had oceans of space to run into. That CANNOT happen on Thursday night. We will be in for another long night if it does. We MUST protect the centre of our defence. Absolutely must. I would like to see us start with three central midfielders in this game. Don't let ourselves get outnumbered in that area of the park. 4-3-1-2 or 4-5-1 would be acceptable formations for me. 

Protect the centre of the defence. Be organised. Compete. Chances will come along at some point in the match and it's on us to take them when they do. But first and foremost we have to stay in the game. If we are going to win this match, the score will be 1-0 or 2-1 or 2-0. If we concede twice, we ain't winning it. So we have to be more solid than we were on Saturday.

I know there are some of our supporters who will hate this approach in a home game but I think it is a needs must situation. With our defence being as bad as it currently is, it would be kamikaze stuff to throw men forward and try to 'get at them' as Robbie put it.

Edited by No Idle Talk

7 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Right. It's a change of tack for me going into this game. No 4-2-3-1. No starting with four attacking players in the team. No trying to take the game to them. I think if we try that again it will be arses felt time again.

Saturday laid one thing out there for all to see. Our defence is a mess. There were gaps everywhere and Rangers players had oceans of space to run into. That CANNOT happen on Thursday night. We will be in for another long night if it does. We MUST protect the centre of our defence. Absolutely must. I would like to see us start with three central midfielders in this game. Don't let ourselves get outnumbered in that area of the park. 4-3-1-2 or 4-5-1 would be acceptable formations for me. 

Protect the centre of the defence. Be organised. Compete. Chances will come along at some point in the match and it's on us to take them when they do. But first and foremost we have to stay in the game. If we are going to win this match, the score will be 1-0 or 2-1 or 2-0. If we concede twice, we ain't winning it. So we have to be more solid than we were on Saturday.

I know there are some of our supporters who will hate this approach in a home game but I think it is a needs must situation. With our defence being as bad as it currently is, it would be kamikaze stuff to throw men forward and try to 'get at them' as Robbie put it.

The 4141 from the first half against Zurich at Tynecastle for me. Devlin sweeping between the lines. Grant and Kio in central midfield. Not totally sure which wingers or forward I would want atm. 

would worry about 4312 leaving the wings uncontested. I get the Suggestion to pack protection in front of the box, but we have vampiric levels of difficulties with crosses at the moment. Need to stop them coming in rather than crowd the box to repel them. I think we’d be just as likely to get in each other’s way. 

Wouldn’t be gutted to see 343 back with Smith in at RCB, especially as they seem to have a threat down the wings. 

Really looking forward to this one . I am under no illusions about getting any points as I understand how difficult that would be , but even as massive under dogs it is great to test your players against opposition like this 

I loved watching Batigol as a teen and in my early twenties and that home strip has always been a thing of beauty

I still expect idiots to be ripping their club and team apart after they beat us but I will just **** off to the shed again for a few days until the worst of them have cried themselves out 😄 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Too well thought out.

We need to believe, press 'n have a go.

No worrying about them.

That's the jkb tactical masterclass. 

Nothing can give wrong. 

Bazzas right boot

The best part about tomorrow is that it will be dark at ko. 

That means 

download.png

pettigrewsstylist
16 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Maybe, Turks in Florence would also be key. What i am sure of is that anything less than a win and we wont qualify.

6 hours ago, Vince said:

What pubs near Tynecastle would tou recommend for some

good atmosphere in the afternoon please?

Thanks 👍🏻

Assuming you are a Fiorentina fan? If so, the pubs you'll get no issues in are mostly around Haymarket station - Haymarket Bar, Platform 5, Ryries (although Ryries don't allow football colours). If you venture closure to Tynecastle via Gorgie Road then all pubs are generally home only and will be very lively as the day goes on but honestly if you are friendly, causing no aggro then you'll be fine.

I know it won't be popular but if Halkett is still out I'd start Sibbick over Neilson. Neilson is clearly a cracking prospect but despite being a big guy he's just not very physical and backs off his opponents too much. Sibbick is far stronger and willing to engage in aerial battles. And he also has brilliant recovery pace if we are trying to play a higher line. He too isn't the finished article, but for a game where we'll actually have to defend rather than need ball playing CH's I'd take him every day.

We_are_the_Hearts

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Subbick Devlin

Humphreys      Grant.        Mckay

Ginnelly

Would stick Sibbick in with Devlin for some pace and tenacity in there

22 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Subbick Devlin

Humphreys      Grant.        Mckay

Ginnelly

Would stick Sibbick in with Devlin for some pace and tenacity in there

Got a feeling Gino will start upfront too.

Start with good intentions but be let down by the defence in the first 15 mins, then a real struggle against a far superior team.

KB tantrums and tell us we just need to be more like St Mirren

3 hours ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Anyone selling x3 adult tickets anywhere in any stand give me a shout!

Unfortunately I can no longer attend so selling 1 adult ticket back of Section F in Wheatfield. Drop me a PM if you want it mate.

Bought as part of the 3 match package but I would take 30 quid for it.

Don't know if mentioned already here but a good video put up on Youtube the last couple of days entitled: IL CLUB salvato dal CUORE dei TIFOSI

It's in Italian but fans will enjoy the footage and it's actually a pretty good concise history of the club.

jambo-fletch

Gordon

smith Neilson Kingsley

Atikinson Devlin Kio Cochrane

Forrest Shankland McKay 

Ginelly could be useful for his pace though!

Edited by jambo-fletch

3 minutes ago, jambo-fletch said:

Gordon

smith Neilson Kingsley

Atikinson Devlin Kio Cochrane

Forrest Shankland McKay 

Ginelly could be useful for his pace though!

I would play Ginnelly, especially if they play a high line, his pace could be crucial. I would also play Humphrys instead of Forrest for this one, he doesn't deserve to be left out after Saturday where he was our best player. Really need a big performance from McKay and for the back line to be a lot better than they have recently. 

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official Heart of Midlothian v Fiorentina match thread***