• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• Taffin

• Harry Potter

15 minutes ago, cjambo1993 said:

Unfortunately I can no longer attend so selling 1 adult ticket back of Section F in Wheatfield. Drop me a PM if you want it mate.

Bought as part of the 3 match package but I would take 30 quid for it.

2 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

Anyone selling a ticket for this?

The Old Tolbooth
24 minutes ago, jambo-fletch said:

Gordon

smith Neilson Kingsley

Atikinson Devlin Kio Cochrane

Forrest Shankland McKay 

Ginelly could be useful for his pace though!

That defence gives me the fear, let's hope Halkett is back, and we play Neilson beside him, and Atkinson for his pace at right back as Smith was exposed against Rangers a few times there for speed. 

heisenberg86

Please please let Halkett be available 

Gordon 

Atkinson.   Halkett. Kingsley.   Cochrane 

Kio.      Devlin.     Halliday.  

gino.             Humphreys.        Mackay 

think we need to play with 3 in the middle of the park, Gino and Mackay drop in when they have the ball, feel humps might be a bit better at holding it up and running the channels to try get us up the park and not camped in our own half for long periods

famous night in Gorgie

Hearts 1 Fiorentina 0 

A_A wehatethehibs

Would go with a back 3 of Smith-Neilson-Kingsley if there’s no Halkett.

Atkinson and Cochrane WBs.

Should be the default setting if there’s no Halkett / Rowles 

A_A wehatethehibs
39 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That defence gives me the fear, let's hope Halkett is back, and we play Neilson beside him, and Atkinson for his pace at right back as Smith was exposed against Rangers a few times there for speed. 

That’s the same defence that played 70 and kept a clean sheet against RFS, best option we’ve got with no Halks. 

upgotheheads

Gordon

Smith                          Halkett/Neilson       Kingsley          Cochrane                                      

Kio                                   Devlin                             McKay

Grant

Gino                        Shankland/Humphrys

It seems to have gone very quiet on Halkett? I felt that we were very light in midfield on Saturday and while Humphrys looked decent with the ball at his feet he's not a winger, and we didn't get the ball into the penalty box quick enough. When Rangers crowded us out the ball went through our midfield far too quickly, so Gant playing in front of a three-man midfield could help.

Forrest might be more effective coming off the bench but it's maybe time to give GMS a chance.

Edited by upgotheheads

Gorgie_Rules

Surprised to see so many wanting Kingsley to play centre back in a back 4. The guy has been a left back his whole career. Just because he plays left side of a back 3 doesn’t make him automatically good enough to play CB in a back 4. 

Halkett being fit is crucial, would be a lot more confident with Neilson Halkett Kingsley.

3 in the middle and Humphrey’s up front. 

Feel we are over run in the middle when we play only 2. Got to be 3 in the middle. 

Gino and Forrest supporting Humphrey’s. McKay needs a break 

Humphrey’s to hold the ball up and Gino and Forrest to fee of him. 

Once halkett and rowles are bsck I would say we have a back for of smith/Atkinson. Halkett, rowles Kingsley. 
I’m not really sure how to fit Cochrane into the team if playing a back 4 and don’t feel he deserves to be dropped. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Don't really see that as a bad thing.

Rush him back to play in Europe, only to **** him up further, or build him up for the more important league & SC games...know what I'm choosing, tbh.

Absolutely. It’s imperative we get him back when he’s ready. But still. Would have been nice to see him line up. 

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't really see that as a bad thing.

Rush him back to play in Europe, only to **** him up further, or build him up for the more important league & SC games...know what I'm choosing, tbh.

True he needs to be 100% but it's definitely not good if he still isn't at that stage yet.

upgotheheads
50 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Feel we are over run in the middle when we play only 2. Got to be 3 in the middle. 

I think we played with three in the middle (Mckay, Devlin,  Kio) against Sevco and were overrun. Although at home in a European tie it might well be worth the risk.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Before someone asks

Supporters attending Thursday night’s UEFA Europa Conference League Group A match between Hearts and ACF Fiorentina should read the following information.

Key Info

Tickets: HOME SELL OUT

Kick-off: 8pm

Turnstiles open: 7pm

Ticket Office hours: 9am until kick-off  - please get here early to avoid collection queues!

Clubstore hours: 9am to kick-off

Eighteen74 Bar and Gorgie Suite: Open from 5.30pm to match ticket holders

TV: BT Sport, live audio commentary available to all Hearts TV subscribers

39 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

By playing him or not playing him?

Either way suits that poster as he promotes his pals business over our club 

6 hours ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Anyone selling x3 adult tickets anywhere in any stand give me a shout!

I've got 2 Adults and 1 U18 seated together in Wheatfield.

£65

2 minutes ago, escobri said:

Apologies if missed but anyone know how many away fans are expected?

1,200 odds apparently

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Pedant alert!!!  Humphreys does NOT have an apostrophe before the S.  There's only one of him!

Midloth_Iain
7 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Pedant alert!!!  Humphreys does NOT have an apostrophe before the S.  There's only one of him!

Pedant alert 2.

Neither does Humphrys 

The Grim Reaper
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

There was only one Humphrey on the park, not three Humphreys. See that fantastic goal? It was Humphrey's first since signing.

spell.jpg

27 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

1,200 odds apparently

The guy Stuart Jack (Fiorentina fan) who has been posting on here said yesterday it’s only 800, they hadn’t shifted as many as first thought. 

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

The guy Stuart Jack (Fiorentina fan) who has been posting on here said yesterday it’s only 800, they hadn’t shifted as many as first thought. 

Ah right I thought he'd said they'd sold out their end.

3 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

spell.jpg

Thaf was almost inevitable. 😆

Och, Humphry, Humphrey, Humphrie; not to mention whether or not to add an s.

1 hour ago, escobri said:

Apologies if missed but anyone know how many away fans are expected?

According to Italian sources yesterday we have around 800

41 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Ah right I thought he'd said they'd sold out their end.

Yeah, I had two conflicting sources but don't think the club have officially confirmed a number yet.

If Halkett does not make it and we play Neilson , I honestly think he will put in a performance that will have us and every one else who sees the game raving about him

Our official squad list for the game.....Ikone, Sottil, Castrovilli and Barak are our 4 main absentees. However, we've got Gonzales, Milenkovich and Dodo back in who have all been a huge miss.

Screenshot_20221005-135121_Facebook.jpg

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If Halkett does not make it and we play Neilson , I honestly think he will put in a performance that will have us and every one else who sees the game raving about him

Can’t see it. 

3 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Can’t see it. 

I can . He is a kid in professional terms and he is learning every game . Some games he has looked amazing and others he has struggled . I think it will all click for him tomorrow if he gets the nod 

17 minutes ago, Stuart Jack said:

Our official squad list for the game.....Ikone, Sottil, Castrovilli and Barak are our 4 main absentees. However, we've got Gonzales, Milenkovich and Dodo back in who have all been a huge miss.

Screenshot_20221005-135121_Facebook.jpg

Luka Jovic scares the sh*t out of me. 

He's been out of form recently but what a striker he is. 

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can . He is a kid in professional terms and he is learning every game . Some games he has looked amazing and others he has struggled . I think it will all click for him tomorrow if he gets the nod 

Be out his depth. 

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Be out his depth. 

I thought he would be against Celtic and he did admirably in my view

To paraphrase the negbot from the shite pub , bookmark it 🙂 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I thought he would be against Celtic and he did admirably in my view

To paraphrase the negbot from the shite pub , bookmark it 🙂 

He is decent with the ball at his feet but nowhere near ready defensively. Ball watches, plays players on and gets outmuscled. Can only piss with the **** you have though 

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

He is decent with the ball at his feet but nowhere near ready defensively. Ball watches, plays players on and gets outmuscled. Can only piss with the **** you have though 

All a part of the learning process and to me he is a quick learner ………….. we shall see 🙂 

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All a part of the learning process and to me he is a quick learner ………….. we shall see 🙂 

Would happily be wrong 🤞

14 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Luka Jovic scares the sh*t out of me. 

He's been out of form recently but what a striker he is. 

He's not firing yet but to be fair hasn'tbeen given a run of games. Scored a couple pre-season and in the first game but looked a bit rusty. Arguably he's not a traditional  no.9 but needs to play with or behind a striker. Real paid £60 million but he was out the squad for two years due to Benzema.

He may well play just behind Cabral or Kouame if he starts (almost like an attacking midfielder), or be brought on as a straight swap.

2 hours ago, fatjambo said:

I've got 2 Adults and 1 U18 seated together in Wheatfield.

£65

Tickets now sold.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official Heart of Midlothian v Fiorentina match thread***