• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• Taffin

• Harry Potter

11 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The Bob fans on here make it up as they go along, They are fighting a losing battle, hopefully Budge sees sense before things turn really ugly.

Things will HAVE to turn REALLY ugly for Budge to sack a manager just handed a 3 year deal 10 weeks ago. 

31 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

@Stuart Jackhow was it for you !!

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

@Stuart Jack ...

Here are a couple of photos for you, and hopefully you can pick yourself out on the first one.

I'm guessing that Tynecastle is now one of your favourite away grounds. 😎

Screenshot_20221007-064147_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221007-064244_Gallery.jpg

Well, I thought I'd let the dust settle before commenting and as I hope you've seen already from me on here, I certainly don't want to antagonise or pass comment on your team, manager or what they should or shouldn't be doing. However, understandably that'll be a sore one in terms of the manner of what happened but to be fair, that early goal helped us confidence wise and remember just because we've had inconsistent results and have been struggling to score, we have dominated both Napoli and Juventus this season. Had Ginnelly stuck that great chance away it might have changed things psychologically and we could tell it was a turning point by the way Gollini celebrated that save.

From my (our) perspective it was a great night both in terms of result and a much better performance. I thought Amrabat had a great game, orchestrating the midfield and was impressed in particular with the movement of our front 3 with Kouame, Jovic and Saponara.

Personally, I had a great time with my son (first live Fiorentina match for him) and the atmosphere in our bit was amazing - constant singing and support for the 90 and have nearly lost my voice! The only downside was that I got stuck in traffic beforehand and didn't have time to meet or go for a pint with my Italian pal beforehand. We didn't see him until we came out so only had a quick 10 min chat before we could get past the cordon back to the car.

I have to say that the Hearts fans and security we met were brilliant. Security were polite and had a sense of humour although a couple looked terrified when our ultras turned up in the street en masse! There was also one inside who looked really stressed when we entered and kept yelling for us all to sit down.

One Hearts fan outside the main stand came up for a chat and said he's also a Torino fan. Your guy slinging programmes outside the main stand was nice so we all tipped him our change.

I hope there were no issues anywhere in the city as we'd love you to all enjoy your time in Florence next week and all get in the Franchi. Please do continue to message me on here if you have any questions or need advice.

Cheers, Stuart 

22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Eh ? we’ve been told constantly since Savage came in that Robbie has the final say. He might not be doing the scouting or the admin or the negotiating, but he’s most definitely a major part of ‘picking’ the players.

I don’t think enough good players have been put in front of him to pick and our transfer window looks more and more of a cluster feck with every passing game, but he’s a big part of what and who are pulling the jersey on.

For me the problems with Neilson are quite obvious. He is tactically naïve. He’s indecisive. He is over cautious and unadventurous and he doesn’t come across as a man manager. He comes across as someone who wings it and has a very basic plan which changes frequently or is frequently just plain wrong. More often than not he loses the really big important games because he simply isn’t up to the job beyond that basic level. 

He’s made us easy to play against. The motivation and morale looks rock bottom to me. He finished 3rd last year, let’s be honest, mostly because every single club we’d consider a rival couldn’t put a run of results together and now we’ve been sussed. no one is scared to come and play us and our away form is off the scale poor.

Hes not getting sacked for European failure. He’s not getting sacked for mediocre league form but we’re a nothing team going nowhere for as long as we keep him and his team in place. I really can’t wait to see the back of him now but unfortunately it’s not going to happen without a really horrible run of results which no one really wants to see and which will write off an entire season and put us right back to square one with yet another rebuild from the ground up.

I agree that we are not identifying players at the level we need to make the necessary step up in quality.  Neilson is correct to say no if he doesn’t think a player is good enough to sign, after all once signed it’s Neilson that will be evaluated based on how the player performs.  I don’t think it’s any surprise that after a poor closing week or two to the transfer window our head of recruitment has quickly left the club. Our Sporting Director hired him fairly recently so that’s one mistake on his record. Can’t afford many more imo   

15 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Let’s remember Riga drew with Istanbul and Fiorentina

Let’s remember Fiorentina had 73% possession, 30 attempts at goal, it’s not like Riga deserved a draw though credit to them for getting one. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
12 hours ago, Taffin said:

Away and argue with someone else. You do nothing on here but comment on people's replies to other posters and then slaver a load of nonsense that doesn't even make sense in and of itself.

I'm 90% certain you're an undercover troll.

90%.     :lol:

Ex member of the SaS

Well I told you so! Set out to defend and we will lose. Over run in midfield and no out ball at set pieces. The Robbie fan boys will be pounding the key boards trying to convince us he is the right choice, when we can all see ( even them hopefully ) he does not have that special something that makes a good manager. He can't look at a game and see where things are going wrong, and does not have a plan B to change things. I thought he MIGHT do so at half time but no, just the usual dodgy subs with not increase in performance.

Stated at the start of this campaign we should focus on the league, so not too bothered about the defeat. What is a worry is the manner of that defeat and the manager's inability to see he was wrong. Too many yes men in the dug out and no one willing to stand up and tell him he is wrong.

Get the finger out and get third, anything less and he MUST go. We have the financial clout to get third and we SHOULD be able to attract better players than the rest, so third is the bench mark, fail to achieve this and he is no good for us.

2 hours ago, longmalx said:

Grant gets a hard time but last night I thought he was one of the few (only ?) players last night who had composure, wanted the ball and didn’t panic.

It’s clear Shankland and McKay (which is a shame!) can’t play against decent sides - they contribute v little. But having to swap 2 of your main players out for the big games is just not the position you want to be in.

Maybe I’m being harsh but Shankland looks disinterested at times - I can’t get my head around why.

Shankland has been a major disappointment to me. His attitude and workrate are poor. Humphrys has more about him imo 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Let’s remember Riga drew with Istanbul and Fiorentina

And that we beat RFS.

Lets remember that as well.

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, jambocub said:

So no really any problems 

Apart from the problems I mentioned,  aye.

Strange take away.

3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Like they hammered Leipzig. 😂😂

This. Haven't we seen enough this season to realise just how shite scottish football is. Some laughed at Motherwell getting pumped. Some laughed at Dundee Utd getting pumped. Though I'm sure there are many still laughing at ourselves and both glasgow teams I don't find it funny. Our league is pish. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fantasist. But I will forever support my team and the league. It may be shit but its our shit 👍

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And that we beat RFS.

I was there and remember it well.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And that we beat RFS.

Thanks to them we aren't totally out of league 👍

Bazzas right boot
Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I was there and remember it well.

It's just your comment about RFS 's results excluded that.

It's an important point to be over looked when discussing their results. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

It's just your comment about RFS 's results excluded that.

It's an important point to be over looked when discussing their results. 

The point was people are saying we can’t compete or get results against teams like Fiorentina or Istanbul because of money or Scottish football etc. I am just pointing out that is loser mentality and a lot of shite. With the tight manager, players and attitude you can!!

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I agree that we are not identifying players at the level we need to make the necessary step up in quality.  Neilson is correct to say no if he doesn’t think a player is good enough to sign, after all once signed it’s Neilson that will be evaluated based on how the player performs.  I don’t think it’s any surprise that after a poor closing week or two to the transfer window our head of recruitment has quickly left the club. Our Sporting Director hired him fairly recently so that’s one mistake on his record. Can’t afford many more imo   

I don’t know the ins and outs of that appointment, the level of the guys responsibility and activity, and more importantly we don’t know why he is no longer with us.

Did he majorly feck up ? Did he not agree with the transfer policy or the methods ? Was the budget pulled ? Was he simply the extra cook spoiling the broth ? Was he ignored or did we over rely on him and he wasn’t up to it. Did he get head hunted with an offer he couldn’t refuse ? Have we replaced him like for like ? Will we ? What’s the mid to long term intentions for all the extra revenue coming in this season ? Did we penny pinch and miss targets as a result. Does Savage REALLY think this club ‘sells itself’ ?

It wasn’t  just the last 2 weeks of the window that went wrong. For me it was the entire 2-3 months. We signed ONE player IMO who is a significant improvement on what we had and that’s Rowles. The rest are so far looking pretty mediocre and everyone involved from the board down through Savage, the analysis team and Neilson has made an almighty mess and wasted a whole lot of money.

Edited by JimmyCant

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The point was people are saying we can’t compete or get results against teams like Fiorentina or Istanbul because of money or Scottish football etc. I am just pointing out that is loser mentality and a lot of shite. With the tight manager, players and attitude you can!!

They got lucky with a couple of draws when they parked the bus but when they tried to win a game they got pumped from us- at home. 

Or maybe they are a really good side that can compete with Fiorentina and Istanbul and we got an unbelievable win v them, Away?

Which way you going?

We_are_the_Hearts
14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They got lucky with a couple of draws when they parked the bus but when they tried to win a game they got pumped from us- at home. 

Or maybe they are a really good side that can compete with Fiorentina and Istanbul and we got an unbelievable win v them, Away?

Which way you going?

Or they actually competed, made tackles, worked hard. For some reason our team has stopped even tackling? Has Neilson ever made a tackle? Just wanders about ball watching. We are pathetic. I’ve seen worse Hearts players playing with passion and getting tore in. We never beat Bayern, Athletico Madrid, Bologna or Stuttgart cause we had better players than them. Even McGlynn got us fired up  at home to Liverpool. Our players look like rabbits in the headlights , probably listening to the managers moans about mental fatigue and all the other bullshit excuses Coco comes out with. 

Ah well there’s always next time … just heading to Haymarket station for the journey south to warmer climes, should be home before 8pm. Looking forward to hopefully some sunshine and not too much rain in Florence next week!

Onwards and upwards

♥️♥️♥️♥️
HHGH

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Or they actually competed, made tackles, worked hard. For some reason our team has stopped even tackling? Has Neilson ever made a tackle? Just wanders about ball watching. We are pathetic. I’ve seen worse Hearts players playing with passion and getting tore in. We never beat Bayern, Athletico Madrid, Bologna or Stuttgart cause we had better players than them. Even McGlynn got us fired up  at home to Liverpool. Our players look like rabbits in the headlights , probably listening to the managers moans about mental fatigue and all the other bullshit excuses Coco comes out with. 

This is absolutely spot on. I'm amazed at the number of posters excusing last night's performance and result on the basis that Fiorentina have much better players than us. But the teams you mention also had better players than us. We beat them by going for it right from the start, upsetting their rhythm, letting the atmosphere get to them - and first and foremost playing with a bit of belief. It's not the defeat that is annoying, but the manner of the defeat. The first half last night was dreadful regardless of the opposition.  

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Thing is, when you look at the group, a draw in Florence, however unlikely that might seem, and we’re right back in the mix if we beat Riga and they(Fiorentina)lose to Istanbul. 

It’s going to take a mammoth effort, a change in attitude, a mix of results going our way and a bit of luck in the two away games left, but almost laughably, it’s still doable.

I fear for the return leg in Florence. Particularly if Halkett isn’t fit. But weird things happen sometimes. We drew away to Spurs after getting horsed at home (albeit against a weaker team) and we were close to winning at Anfield.

Having said that: last night was unacceptable. Not because we lost, but because we didn’t try. We sat off the Fiorentina players and let them play. We didn’t try to press or harry them at all. Inviting a good team onto us was only ever going to end one way, and due to our makeshift defence it happened rapidly. Weirdly, we were slightly better after the sending off, but only slightly.

I reckon all of us could have lived with defeat if we had gone down fighting, but we showed more or less no fight in the match. Just like so many games v the OF, we looked as if we had accepted defeat before kick-off.

Ex member of the SaS

No matter how angry we are at our own performance just how bad were the officials? Offsides when clearly on, no flag when clearly offside and the keeper handling outside the box with no punishment. The number of fouls they committed with no cards.

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

No matter how angry we are at our own performance just how bad were the officials? Offsides when clearly on, no flag when clearly offside and the keeper handling outside the box with no punishment. The number of fouls they committed with no cards.

The officials we have had in the Conference league have all been of a SPL standard. Only the ECL get the good ones.  Expect much the same throughout the competition.

John Findlay

Just watched half hour highlights of the game on BT sport.

1. Never a sending off. Jovic was never getting the ball. So he was not denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. Yellow for the shirt pull, for both players as Jovic was pulling Neilson's shirt before Neilson pulled his.

2. We were horrendous defending cross balls into the box, especially from corner kicks. I know this goes against the grain for many, but alot of that is down to Craig Gordon not commanding his penalty box or six yard box. This is his area of the pitch. He is in charge of defending it, so he organises the defence and let's everyone know he is charge, and he doesn't stay rooted to his line either. 

3. For me a big difference between Foirentina and us, is their players have far superior footballing brains to ours. They think quicker with their heads, therefore they do things quicker with their feet. Their players don't stand and admire a pass, they are always on the move creating space. I hope our coaching staff use them and the Turks as learning tools.

4. I think we will come third in the group.

The hard reality is at this moment in time, it's where we deserve to come.

Hopefully it is a good learning curve for our players. Some I feel will take in more than others.

What we have to ensure, is at the end of this season we have once again qualified for Europe, next season we will be better equipped to deal with it.

6 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Just read that there was no hot water and Hearts are likely to be fined by UEFA for the inefficiency of the logistics 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

We can forget about the "next level" then. 

The lowest ranked European Competition is the Conference so, by definition, that is the next level. 

If we're losing 7 goals without reply at home over 2 matches , that would suggest that we're not ready for the next level until something changes. 

Now that the dust has settled and my disappointment has abated and I ‘look forward 🤔’ to yet another trip to Kilmarnock away before my flight to Bologna on Tuesday, then my summarised thoughts for the post match analysis and yet ‘another cracking European night under the lights’ (2 down, 1 to go, surely we’ll score a goal at home in our next home tie?)  are thus and I’ll start with the positives first as I’m a glass half full type of guy, except when it’s empty; 

1) Thank god it was windy and raining as the weather indeed proved to be a leveller against the ‘silky Italian way.’ On a clear night with good conditions  we could’ve lost by 6

2) The cod fillet in the European executive lounge was sublime although the Mrs chicken fillet was a bit on the dry side and she didn’t finish it. Good job help was at hand to polish off the remnants. She made up for it by indulging in the ‘free’ Prosecco on offer….wonder if it was Italian by origin? Makes sense on such a momentous occasion for the Gorgie faithful. 

3) Steak buffet pies at halftime were guff, a bit like our Insipid performance on the park. Thankfully travelling to the home of a real steak pie on Sunday where again the consuming of such a gastronomic delight will no doubt be the highlight of ‘another given Sunday!’

PS you can buy killie pies in Aldi. For anyone getting disillusioned at the moment then go along to Aldi, buy 6 steak pies, invite your friends round and crack open a cold one or ten. Put the pies in the oven for half time and if a Hearts tv subscriber, then sit with your bar scarf on, enjoy the beer and food with your pals and save yourself a trip to Killie for your alternative match day experience. Remember and don’t over heat your pies as the gravy can be nuclear hot. Had a bad experience down there a few years ago and ruined a brand new top 🤬

3) The hooligan barrier across the Mcleod street road stopping our home support heading home north west towards Roseburn…is there any need? The whole evening was friendly and this is a waste of resources. 

4) Thankfully our brand new second hand screens at each end of the wheatfield and main stand, didn’t show highlights. I thought after spending such a kings ransom we’d be treated to the highlights and goals etc incase the gorgie faithful were texting their pals and missed a goal but alas no replays. Seems a tad expensive just to highlight the starting teams. Simple team sheet in with the match day programme could’ve saved us ££££££££££‘s. Hope they get this rectified for the January fixture against the wee team. Looking forward to watching another 3 goals up on the big screens. No such luck was spared in the exec lounge though as BT sport were showing the highlights of our ‘hapless defending’. I’m sure Motherwell and Arab fans will be lamenting the old adage, ‘he who laughs last, laughs loudest!’ 

5) I love the colour of purple and I though the Fiorentina shirts look great. Looking forward to seeing them in their home shirts and hopefully as we play in white next week then we’ll take inspiration from our recent away game in Latvia. We can but dream! 

6) The athleticism on the Italians

made our wee team look like the seven dwarves had found some maroon shirts and turned up for a game with 4 of their big pals. It really was big men against wee boys. I hope we learn from our ‘learning curve.’ The diddy cup of European adventures has shown us up to be exactly what we are and where we are….a bunch of diddies and well out our depth. At least it throws up more questions than answers of the quality of our squad. 

7) The recent pre season games away to Preston and Tranmere was arranged to give the squad a chance to prepare for Europe with a game midweek then again at the weekend. I can’t believe Anne fell for that old chestnut and sanctioned this. Has Robbie got a burd in Lancashire and maybe it was more of a busman’s holiday or something?

Still Blackpool pleasure beach, I’m sure there’s irony in there somewhere, is still a shithole but the kids loved it

and I managed to visit a ground I haven’t been to before. 

8- One days work left before the passport is looked out again and the excitement kicks in for Firenze. Match ticket arrived this morning so it’s all looking positive again. 

See you all in Florence and some of you In Kilmarnock. 🇱🇻

Keep the faith! - Gorgie Rules 🇱🇻

10 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Now that the dust has settled and my disappointment has abated and I ‘look forward 🤔’ to yet another trip to Kilmarnock away before my flight to Bologna on Tuesday, then my summarised thoughts for the post match analysis and yet ‘another cracking European night under the lights’ (2 down, 1 to go, surely we’ll score a goal at home in our next home tie?)  are thus and I’ll start with the positives first as I’m a glass half full type of guy, except when it’s empty; 

1) Thank god it was windy and raining as the weather indeed proved to be a leveller against the ‘silky Italian way.’ On a clear night with good conditions  we could’ve lost by 6

2) The cod fillet in the European executive lounge was sublime although the Mrs chicken fillet was a bit on the dry side and she didn’t finish it. Good job help was at hand to polish off the remnants. She made up for it by indulging in the ‘free’ Prosecco on offer….wonder if it was Italian by origin? Makes sense on such a momentous occasion for the Gorgie faithful. 

3) Steak buffet pies at halftime were guff, a bit like our Insipid performance on the park. Thankfully travelling to the home of a real steak pie on Sunday where again the consuming of such a gastronomic delight will no doubt be the highlight of ‘another given Sunday!’

PS you can buy killie pies in Aldi. For anyone getting disillusioned at the moment then go along to Aldi, buy 6 steak pies, invite your friends round and crack open a cold one or ten. Put the pies in the oven for half time and if a Hearts tv subscriber, then sit with your bar scarf on, enjoy the beer and food with your pals and save yourself a trip to Killie for your alternative match day experience. Remember and don’t over heat your pies as the gravy can be nuclear hot. Had a bad experience down there a few years ago and ruined a brand new top 🤬

3) The hooligan barrier across the Mcleod street road stopping our home support heading home north west towards Roseburn…is there any need? The whole evening was friendly and this is a waste of resources. 

4) Thankfully our brand new second hand screens at each end of the wheatfield and main stand, didn’t show highlights. I thought after spending such a kings ransom we’d be treated to the highlights and goals etc incase the gorgie faithful were texting their pals and missed a goal but alas no replays. Seems a tad expensive just to highlight the starting teams. Simple team sheet in with the match day programme could’ve saved us ££££££££££‘s. Hope they get this rectified for the January fixture against the wee team. Looking forward to watching another 3 goals up on the big screens. No such luck was spared in the exec lounge though as BT sport were showing the highlights of our ‘hapless defending’. I’m sure Motherwell and Arab fans will be lamenting the old adage, ‘he who laughs last, laughs loudest!’ 

5) I love the colour of purple and I though the Fiorentina shirts look great. Looking forward to seeing them in their home shirts and hopefully as we play in white next week then we’ll take inspiration from our recent away game in Latvia. We can but dream! 

made our wee team look like the seven dwarves had found some maroon shirts and turned up for a game with 4 of their big pals. It really was big men against wee boys. I hope we learn from our ‘learning curve.’ The diddy cup of European adventures has shown us up to be exactly what we are and where we are….a bunch of diddies and well out our depth. At least it throws up more questions than answers of the quality of our squad. 

7) The recent pre season games away to Preston and Tranmere was arranged to give the squad a chance to prepare for Europe with a game midweek then again at the weekend. I can’t believe Anne fell for that old chestnut and sanctioned this. Has Robbie got a burd in Lancashire and maybe it was more of a busman’s holiday or something?

Still Blackpool pleasure beach, I’m sure there’s irony in there somewhere, is still a shithole but the kids loved it

8- One days work left before the passport is looked out again and the excitement kicks in for Firenze. Match ticket arrived this morning so it’s all looking positive again. 

Agree with most of what you say except that...

I believe, perhaps controversially, that Killie pies are actually crap.

There I've said it. The unsayable of Scottish Football Cuisine opinions.

Killie pies are crap. 

Especially the ones from Aldi (other vendors/supermarkets are available for this product). 

fabienleclerq

Are they allowed to show replays? Did they not change the rules after the World Cup in SA. Iirc it was an Argentina goal ruled offside or something possibly Teves.

The screens will hopefully pay for themselves through advertising etc, I think they are a good addition. 

Your point #3 caught us out too. We left the Roseburn and were 'funnelled' away to the north.

Not much help considering I'd parked near Robertson Avenue and had a metal barrier preventing me from getting there back to my car! To be fair a couple of stewards and a policeman were brilliant and said to us and a group of Italians to hang on a few mins and they'd take down one of there other steel barriers (think it was around Murieston Park) and let us through to access back to Gorgie. 

All our interactions with authorities and Hearts fans were brilliant on the night inside and outside Tynecastle and I hope it's reciprocated in Firenze 👍

2 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Agree with most of what you say except that...

I believe, perhaps controversially, that Killie pies are actually crap.

There I've said it. The unsayable of Scottish Football Cuisine opinions.

Killie pies are crap. 

Especially the ones from Aldi (other vendors/supermarkets are available for this product). 

Mate you haven’t tasted my Mrs cooking. Believe me If you did then a  killie pie is a godsend with some beans and skinny fries oven chips. Standard fayre in our gaff.  I’ll be pasta’d oot my nut next week though and washed down with a nice chianti or Peroni. Wish we could play in Italy every year.

Hope the Mrs isn’t reading KB anytime soon though 😬