• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

19 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

343 I think Grant and Devlin holding midfielders

More likely yeah, just means Halks rcb and Kingsley cb whi i dont think is ideal but far from a nightnare either

24 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Andy Halliday ffs.

Hes a very solid and reliable player sort of thing we usually praise Smith for. Whats the issue? 

18 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Good European experience 

Didnt think you appreciated the European experience? 

13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I've just watched their game against Linfield . 

Linfield should have tanked them missed chances galore. 

RFS only got a draw through a freak own goal. 

Their draw in Italy was a credible result but we should still be beating them imo. 

Those Irish teams always put up a game in the early rounds though as they have been playing through the summer.

I'm not saying we won't win just it's a tougher game than a lot seem to be thinking it will be.

Edited by vegas-voss

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

More likely yeah, just means Halks rcb and Kingsley cb whi i dont think is ideal but far from a nightnare either

Team looks far better on paper in 4231 though

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Surely 4231.

343 would be batshit mental given the entire defence would be playing in a position other than their best!!

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hes a very solid and reliable player sort of thing we usually praise Smith for. Whats the issue? 

Didnt think you appreciated the European experience? 

Offers absolutely nothing going forward, nothing defensively. Runs about loads, but that's about it. Smith is an internationalist, they're incomparable.

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Those Irish teams always put up a game in the early rounds though as they have been playing through the summer.

I'm not saying we won't win just it's a tougher game than a lot seem to be thinking it will be.

I don't think the Irish league Lingfield are in play through the summer do they? 

If Riga have set up with 3 at thr back there's a great chance we'll have a lot of joy.

It's a shite formation and easily exploited.

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I don't think the Irish league Lingfield are in play through the summer do they? 

Shows my knowledge I thought both of them did 

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Surely 4231.

343 would be batshit mental given the entire defence would be playing in a position other than their best!!

Kingsley, Halkett and Smith could play in their best positions in a 3 if either Halliday or Cochrane switch to cover at RWB. Obviously not ideal at RWB but possible and might help our defence which has been a problem 

13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Their season started after ours. Linfield are Northern Irish. 

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Kingsley, Halkett and Smith could play in their best positions in a 3 if either Halliday or Cochrane switch to cover at RWB. Obviously not ideal at RWB but possible and might help our defence which has been a problem 

Halliday or Cochrane at RWB would be even dafter... 4231 literally has everyone in their preferred positions.

Dennis Reynolds

If we're playing a three, we could and should play Neilson in there. Shoehorning Halliday/Cochrane in is asking for trouble. I still think it'll be four at the back though.

11 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Nah started a couple weeks after us I think. 

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Their season started after ours. Linfield are Northern Irish. 

I know they are Northern Irish I just thought both the Irish countries were summer football 😂

Edited by vegas-voss

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

Looking at the Midtjylland score just goes to show anything can happen in Europe 

Not the first time they have shocked teams especially at home.In fact is it even a shock anymore when they have results like that.

20 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Offers absolutely nothing going forward, nothing defensively. Runs about loads, but that's about it. Smith is an internationalist, they're incomparable.

Thats a terrible take on him but you stick to your guns 🫠

36 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Decent enough line up.  4231 and attacking so hopefully going out for the win.

Not a massive fan of halliday, and gino blows hot and cold. Would have preferred Haring and forrest, although both were rubbish the last game.

Come on ye Hearts! 🇱🇻  looking forward to this.

It’s a 343 

10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I know they are Northern Irish I just thought both the Irish countries were summer football 😂

You had me fooled for a few minutes. 😄