***Official RFS v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

Scott Leitch

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

8 of the players who started in the 1-1 draw v Juve played apart against Riga (5 starting, 3 off the bench). Yes I’d imagine it was a smash and gran hit it shows that they are incredibly resilient and must be decent defensively. Yes we should be beating them but it’s not going to be easy, despite ur implications that it will be, which obviously to stick the knife in if we don’t and also give no credit if we do win. 

No away game will ever be easy but in context of European football at this stage, as winnable as they come. 

Don't put words in my mouth, or make false and ridiculous implications on my behalf. 

Good evening 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

These guys are going to bully the shit out of us aren’t they?

With neilson in charge? Almost definitely.

10 hours ago, Henroddy said:

Apparently big physical and strong

If we play how we can with good football we will get a result 

If he tries to matchup with them we will get beat 

Play our way 4231 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

We couldn’t beat Hibs, Livingston or Kilmarnock.

anybody thinking this is going to be ‘easy’ is off their rocker

Is anyone sayi g it will be easy tho, especially after the last round of results. 

Most acknowledgeit will be difficult. 

Ricardo Quaresma

I'm getting tired of people using killie & livi as a stick to beat the squad with

These games were as good as chucked from the start

So don't act as if that was our strongest team, because of injuries, it was far from it

You're just pissed off you had to watch it

It was indeed turgid

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I'm getting tired of people using killie & livi as a stick to beat the squad with

These games were as good as chucked from the start

So don't act as if that was our strongest team, because of injuries, it was far from it

You're just pissed off you had to watch it

It was indeed turgid

Did Killie and Livi have their strongest XI? Genuinely doubt it. It is a rarity for any team ever to have their XI top guns out on the park at once. Injuries are part and parcel of the modern game but we have the means to have strength in depth. After all this time we still only have about 7 or 8 decent players. Pep Neilson, shiney teeth and Forrest Gump are failing big time. Neilson has never achieved balance. We have always been strong in one area of the park poor in others. He will then fix the area we are shite in to the cost of the area we were already good in.

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Did Killie and Livi have their strongest XI?

livi did; didn't watch killie game because the LC is shit and don't care if we ever win it again

The post was about personnel and fitness; tactics are only relevant for the next game

These games are done and the sooner we get back to league business with a stronger squad, the better

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Did Killie and Livi have their strongest XI? Genuinely doubt it. It is a rarity for any team ever to have their XI top guns out on the park at once. Injuries are part and parcel of the modern game but we have the means to have strength in depth. After all this time we still only have about 7 or 8 decent players. Pep Neilson, shiney teeth and Forrest Gump are failing big time. Neilson has never achieved balance. We have always been strong in one area of the park poor in others. He will then fix the area we are shite in to the cost of the area we were already good in.

Define failing big time? What an absolute drama queen. 

Just now, karipidis said:

Define failing big time? What an absolute drama queen. 

- Not winning many games

- Players nowhere near required physical and fitness levels

- Unsettled team

- Too many injuries (it is not just bad luck)

- No clean sheet since the end of April

- Not scoring many

- Losing to lesser opposition

- Terrible recruitment yet again

Don't care if we are tagged favourites or underdogs I just want us to go out and try to win this game - two victories against RFS will be needed in order to give us any realistic chance of progressing. If we go down fighting so be it, concentrate on league position/Scottish cup, enjoy the Europe experience/cash and make ourselves better to go again next year.

Is it on HTV?

Don't care if we are tagged favourites or underdogs I just want us to go out and try to win this game - two victories against RFS will be needed in order to give us any realistic chance of progressing. If we go down fighting so be it, concentrate on league position/Scottish cup, enjoy the Europe experience/cash and make ourselves better to go again next year.

Is it on HTV?

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Is it on HTV?

Just audio, I believe

Three points would be nice. This will be the best of the 4 trips. Sad to have cancelled due to family accident, (I would be there now), but Neilsen has had plenty time to sort out a win. 

Not feeling too optimistic about this one. Our defending from set pieces has been shocking lately and with the height of their team we could really struggle if we concede free kicks and corners. Without Halkett we are a shambles back there and I can't see him playing to be honest. Got to hope we at least created chances and retain the ball far better than we have lately. Would also be good to see us not shelling long balls to Shanklands head. 

We should be beating this lot, linfield scored 3 goals against them and just went out on penalty kicks.

less negativity more positive thoughts, we are better than them.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

We couldn’t beat Hibs, Livingston or Kilmarnock.

anybody thinking this is going to be ‘easy’ is off their rocker

There are no easy games in Europe these days. All about taking your chances when they come along as we seen in all three of our games so far. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

- Not winning many games

- Unsettled team

- Not scoring many

Midweek meltdown!

Psychedelicropcircle

- Not winning many games

- Unsettled team

- Not scoring many

When hearts are doing well you never post

55 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

We should be beating this lot, linfield scored 3 goals against them and just went out on penalty kicks.

less negativity more positive thoughts, we are better than them.

Football doesn't work like that though. They are a very tall team apparently and we are crap in the air without our first choice CB's as was shown by Kingsley last week.

Halliday is quoted as saying the way we can beat them is by playing possession football which usually means we will play loads of passes in our own half before either lumping it long or passing it back to Gordon who will launch it out of play or try and find the smallest player in our team with the high ball.

We really are lacking in belief and confidence at the moment and the players look like they are feeling sorry for themselves.

We really need to be putting in a big performance and trying our hardest to get three points here and give everyone a boost.

31 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Football doesn't work like that though. They are a very tall team apparently and we are crap in the air without our first choice CB's as was shown by Kingsley last week.

Halliday is quoted as saying the way we can beat them is by playing possession football which usually means we will play loads of passes in our own half before either lumping it long or passing it back to Gordon who will launch it out of play or try and find the smallest player in our team with the high ball.

We really are lacking in belief and confidence at the moment and the players look like they are feeling sorry for themselves.

We really need to be putting in a big performance and trying our hardest to get three points here and give everyone a boost.

Suppose the belief and confidence is the mental strain we allegedly are going through😒time to get a grip, get wired

in and win the game , they have tall players big deal, play it on the deck , still never got that Livi result, players should have been up for that to earn their euro places but probably does not work like that.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If Sibbick plays we are as good as beat. 

Either way I am not even going to watch the game.  Will just check to see if you've posted after the game.  If you've not bothered posting I'll know we've had a good result.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

- Not winning many games

- Unsettled team

- Not scoring many

And never been out of the top 3 or 4?? You must be glad you "support" Hearts and not one of the teams doing worse than the above.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

And never been out of the top 3 or 4?? You must be glad you "support" Hearts and not one of the teams doing worse than the above.

Judging him on that is like saying you got a photo taken with 2 giants and the 7 dwarves and you were the 3rd or 4th tallest in the photo.

Edited by i8hibsh

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Judging him on that is like saying you got a photo taken with 2 giants and the 7 dwarves and you were the 3rd or 4th tallest in the photo.

No it's not.

Let me know if I need to explain why it's not.

5 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Need to play a natural centre half. If Halketts not available then need to just go with Neilson/Sibbick with Kingsley and Smith either side

This^
The 4x full backs shite is insanity at any level. 

15 hours ago, karipidis said:

8 of the players who started in the 1-1 draw v Juve played a part against Riga (5 starting, 3 off the bench). Yes I’d imagine it was a smash and grab but it shows that they are incredibly resilient and must be decent defensively. Yes we should be beating them but it’s not going to be easy, despite ur implications that it will be, which is obviously to stick the knife in if we don’t and also give no credit if we do win. 

Mind when Dundee Utd beat AZ Alkmaar 1-0?

Definitely can't look much into one off results.

These guys are probably about the same level as a Livi or a Killie so we should win easy 🤪

If that's the case, then why do you even bother following Hearts and spending so much time on here?

You'll never be better than 3rd and anything lower than that would have to mean a total disaster. Which means you can literally never enjoy anything associated with us (which obvs explains a lot).

22 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

If that's the case, then why do you even bother following Hearts and spending so much time on here?

You'll never be better than 3rd and anything lower than that would have to mean a total disaster. Which means you can literally never enjoy anything associated with us (which obvs explains a lot).

Don't waste your time. He only shows up when things aren't going well.

If Hearts are successful i8 is nowhere to be found.

2 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

Mind when Dundee Utd beat AZ Alkmaar 1-0?

Definitely can't look much into one off results.

These guys are probably about the same level as a Livi or a Killie so we should win easy 🤪

Pretty sure Linfield dominated the game against them in Ireland.

If we are organised and the players know what the plan is, we should get a result.

If there is no plan B again if we go behind.....

If he plays our midfield miles away from our strikers again, we get another embarrassing result. 

Is possession pass it back and sideways all game against the six footers.

Anyway,telling the opposition how we are going to approach the game is thick.If it is a bluff,then i will retract my point.

If Halkett is still out (hopefully not)

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Kingsley  

Atkinson Devlin Grant Cochrane

McKay

Humphrys Shankland 

I Feel this is our most balanced team and gives us the best chance of a result imo, I know people might not like Sibbick in the team but he is very tall and adds height in our backline and if he is in the middle he can step into midfield at times too, I think we could use Natty and Cochrane to great effect for our width and getting forward, this also allows Barrie McKay a more central role and gives him more influence in a free reign sort of position behind the strikers in the game imo, we also need a tall and physical striker to hold the ball up (Humphrys) and for Shankland to play off.