Neilson(Robbie)

gorgierulesapply88

23 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

If we can't attract better players than Halliday, Haring and Atkinson then how on earth are we going to attract a manager that's more experienced than Neilson.

Something not right at the club at the moment. Runs deeper than missing our two main defenders though.

Not to mention Sibbick, GMS, Gino. 

They are not all awful players but they are of a certain standard. That standard is around 6th in the Scottish Premiership. The squad is not that good irrespective of what we are told. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• lost in space

Central Belt 1874
8 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Not to mention Sibbick, GMS, Gino. 

They are not all awful players but they are of a certain standard. That standard is around 6th in the Scottish Premiership. The squad is not that good irrespective of what we are told. 

Agree. Despite the posters who are adamant at putting a positive spin on every negative, this has been a fairly shambolic summer, recruitment wise. 

We look an absolute mess, with half a squad of unfit, unmotivated out of their depth players. 

Third is the absolute priority for us this season.

Just now, hearts00 said:

He’s just signed a three year contract has he not?

It would take a truky hurrwndous run if results from here or a 9-0 type defeat. He wont be sacked for anything like the run we are on just now. 

I agree he won't and right now, he shouldn't but he needs to turn it around quickly.  I think he's rightly got bit more grace than others because up until recently he's met expectations.

But it's a results business, we've been here with Cathro and Levein. Sentiment needs to be removed from the situation.  We should have learnt from our mistakes in the past when leaving it too long and have the guts to make the tough calls.

I still have faith in Robbie to turn things around but the bar is set high now and it shouldn't be lowered. We're already out the LC, we've managed to embarrass ourselves tonight and we've performed way below what's expected. Things aren't good. We'll see what he's made of in the coming month. 

I've never been a fan. Robbie should have been relieved of his duties when he got us promoted - all the signs were there. His football is passive, safe and boring. He plays players out of position. Players look overcoached. His tactics are too complicated. Players dont seem to know what to do out of possession. None of this is new.

Last seasons success was partially down to us being good (not great), but partially because Aberdeen, Hibs, United and Motherwell all had absolute shockers. 

However, we are where we are. Now isn't the time for a managerial change. We need to back the players and get through the UEFA group games and first round of league fixtures. 

I actually think we have a very decent squad. Injuries to Halkett, Rowles and Boycie is incredibly bad luck. Take 3 guaranteed starters out of any team and they're weaker. 

We have to finish third or fourth again. If we're struggling in the league after the first round of fixtures, that's the time for change. If things aren't working, we need to be ruthless. We don't have to know who a new or next manager should be, that shouldn't delay a change if its needed - there'll be no shortage of quality applicants for the job if it was available.

Edited by blairdin

1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

They have been promoting hate, grievance and division ever since they lost the referendum.

Own it.

60 seconds of respect, that's all that was asked for

Exactly promoting anti English lead by krankie and her poisonous agenda

poor again but of course we have the injuries doesnt excuse lack of effort and focus though from the players which neilson is partially responsible for

If this run continues into October, with the fixtures we’ve got then, he’s in big big trouble. I’m not sure he realises how close he is from this all unravelling either. The injuries, the fatigue excuses etc will simply cease to wash in the absence of results.

7 minutes ago, liam11 said:

If this run continues into October, with the fixtures we’ve got then, he’s in big big trouble. I’m not sure he realises how close he is from this all unravelling either. The injuries, the fatigue excuses etc will simply cease to wash in the absence of results.

If they cancel the domestic fixtures this weekend and next then incredibly we would only have one more match in September due to the international break - Riga away next Thursday. Then starts the horror October schedule with Rangers at Tynecastle.

Burford Jamtart

He operates at a certain level - that’s the reality. For many fans his level is seen as good enough.

He can win the Championship at a canter and he can get us to be the best of the rest (especially if they aren’t that strong).  

He can get us to a cup final, but not through beating the OF on the way or in a final.

He’s getting better at beating Hibs but doesn’t look like beating the OF even every now and again.

He won’t be able to manage this group of players through a European Conference, let alone Europa League.  

Tactically, I find him unable to deliver performances which are entertaining and creative going forwards. His default is negative and he plays too many defenders in midfield.

For me, to get to the next level, we will require somebody else. This year will probably highlight this fact in my opinion.

wattie exploited

I like robbie but he needs to go the team is actually  been piss since the split last season any other manager would have been sacked by now ! just go !!!!!!!

39 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Check out October......

Rangers (H)

Fiorentina (H)

Kilmarnock (A)

Fiorentina (A)

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (H)

Riga (H)

Ross County (A)

3 wins in 15.

5 of last 6 lost without scoring.

Out of 2 Cups already this season and easily taken apart tonight.

Things ain't looking too good.

He will be sacked before Christmas 

Central Belt 1874
3 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

He operates at a certain level - that’s the reality. For many fans his level is seen as good enough.

He can win the Championship at a canter and he can get us to be the best of the rest (especially if they aren’t that strong).  

He can get us to a cup final, but not through beating the OF on the way or in a final.

He’s getting better at beating Hibs but doesn’t look like beating the OF even every now and again.

He won’t be able to manage this group of players through a European Conference, let alone Europa League.  

Tactically, I find him unable to deliver performances which are entertaining and creative going forwards. His default is negative and he plays too many defenders in midfield.

For me, to get to the next level, we will require somebody else. This year will probably highlight this fact in my opinion.

Great Post. My thoughts on Neilson exactly.

The 'next level' was on show tonight, but you won't ever see Neilson trying to recruit a team built like that.

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

Sooner we get this of this fraud the better. 

We are regressing under his chronic (mis)management. 

His record the last 6-7 months is utterly awful. The guy is a joke get rid now 

I've never been a fan. Robbie should have been relieved of his duties when he got us promoted - all the signs were there. His football is passive, safe and boring. He plays players out of position. Players look overcoached. His tactics are too complicated. Players dont seem to know what to do out of possession. None of this is new.

This 100% 

pettigrewsstylist
52 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Check out October......

Rangers (H)

Fiorentina (H)

Kilmarnock (A)

Fiorentina (A)

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (H)

Riga (H)

Ross County (A)

3 wins in 15.

Aye, lets see if we are anywhere near 4th after that wee schedule.

Burford Jamtart

If I could give up the day job and recruit the new manager I would want.

1. Somebody experienced with better footballers from either the UK or abroad.

2. Somebody, whose operated at Europa League level of been successful at the Conference league level.

3. Somebody who believes in a high pressing and attacking style of football.

4. Somebody who has not experienced years of playing/managing against the Old Firm and getting battered, no inferiority complex.

19 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

If they cancel the domestic fixtures this weekend and next then incredibly we would only have one more match in September due to the international break - Riga away next Thursday. Then starts the horror October schedule with Rangers at Tynecastle.

In that case the enforced break will be ideal. After all, these players are mentally fatigued according to Robbie!

The concerning thing was his positivity and belief in his pre match on BT, 3 or 4 different times he said "The hearts fans deserve us to attack". "Attacking from the first minute". "We want to get at them and attack to the final whistle "

Could see that in him. Wasn't his usual dull look and expression when saying one thing without really thinking it.

I think the kick off they had and the time they kept the ball killed any belief in the players right then. Didn't have our usual first minute pressure and winning the ball back in the first few seconds.

They normally sprint to the ball and almost every player immediately in their half, but that wasn't done, and letting them have that much possession in the first minute or 2 looked like the players accepted defeat was coming 

Robbie over thinks things. With the world cup break coming up in November, there's no reason why the same 11 couldn't play 3 games a week for 3 months, then recover during the break. 

He continually tinkers with the line up and formation. He continually plays players out of position. Look at sibbick for instance. Anyone with eyes can see he's not suited to defence but he keeps playing him in there and it cost us v Zurich. 

We've been crying out for an attacking central midfielder for a few years now and it's still not been addressed. 

Despite all the above, he's in the safest job in football!

I think he’s done. Some strange comments after games recently. Not scoring any goals. Conceding shit tonnes. Something needs to change. 

Always easier changing the manager than multiple players. 

Sacked in the middle of October at this rate. 

42 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I like robbie but he needs to go the team is actually  been piss since the split last season any other manager would have been sacked by now ! just go !!!!!!!

as long as it doesnt turn into a levein scenario, where hes kept on loss after loss etc, fans dont deserve to go through that ever again..🤞🤞🤞

Surely he deserves to at least get the 6 group games to show what he can do.

I reckon this time around if the team starts falling down the table to 5th/6th by Xmas Ann would pull the trigger.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Check out October......

Rangers (H)

Fiorentina (H)

Kilmarnock (A)

Fiorentina (A)

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (H)

Riga (H)

Ross County (A)

3 wins in 15.

I thought his job was safe but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone before the end of October - looks like a lot more defeats coming our way.  In fact the way we’re playing that looks like 6 straight defeats at the start of October!

Let’s face it we are garbage the football on offer is embarrassing no fight we go a goal down and the tools follow tactically Neilson hasn’t got a clue hope he proves me wrong but not holding my breath 

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, OTT said:

I hate watching us. I find the style of play really shit. Its possession based and so passive and lacks aggression or any real passion. Almost robotic with no real individuality. I'm not even sure there is a talismanlike figure in the team. Barrie is having so much dumped on him but he's not someone that is going to score goal after goal. Despite signing Shankland we're still frustrating going forward. 

I'm not going to shout for Robbie to go though, his two best CBs are out, so of course our defence is going to be shaky, and its hard to account for individual errors. 

He needs a win ASAP and once Halkett and Rowles are back that will come. 

Our attacking play is dreadful though. Its ponderous, slow and lacks aggression. I would like this sorted sooner rather than later. I can't believe he's setting us up to be so boring. 

Nailed it. This says everything I & a great deal of fellow fans are feeling.

Watching us has yet again become just a chore.

29 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Let’s face it we are garbage the football on offer is embarrassing no fight we go a goal down and the tools follow tactically Neilson hasn’t got a clue hope he proves me wrong but not holding my breath 

We went a goal down and won the game less than two weeks ago. We are on a bad run chiefly because we are playing European games against better sides.

European games his management got us. Fans have short memories.

😄

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, yansinjambo365 said:

Need to be looking at a foreign manager who looks to play expansive attacking football. Football in this country is a shambles from grassroots up not taught how to play football the proper way, pass and move pass and move it’s that simple

What is a foreign manager going to do with Hearts in Scotland? 

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Check out October......

Rangers (H)

Fiorentina (H)

Kilmarnock (A)

Fiorentina (A)

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (H)

Riga (H)

Ross County (A)

3 wins in 15.

And after tonight’s game he comes out with:

It’s a learning curve for the players …….  Really !
I mean what planet is Neilson living on.As soon as I saw the teamsheet it was obvious Neilson hadn’t a clue. Smith & Kingsley our centre backs, Halliday up front with Shankland, Haring & Devlin doing all the work in midfield with McKay & Forrest playing wide on the wings. The team looks dull, unimaginative, negative, vulnerable and lacking any aggression or attacking capability that will entertain the fans with goals. The lack of leadership from Neilson comes from his inability to give the team the confidence, tactical knowledge and winning mentality that the players need if they are ever going to become a force in Scottish football. I’m sorry but Neilson & Co’s time have come to the end because they just aren’t up to the job of managing Hearts.

All is rosey until you indeed look at our current form. I’m certainly not hitting the panic button just yet but it is certainly worrying for sure!

18 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

We went a goal down and won the game less than two weeks ago. We are on a bad run chiefly because we are playing European games against better sides.

European games his management got us. Fans have short memories.

😄

Well ali_Jambo judging by the way we played against those two top teams Kilmarnock & Livingston Neilson is really improved as a manager…………NOT !
Hearts fans have memories, good memories but unfortunately the returning nightmares of Brora & Alloa remind our fans just how bad Neilson is. Our fans deserve better, our players deserve better and our clubs ambitions deserve better. Top quality management of the team has to be a priority.

colinmorewasgash

They say a team mirrors a manager  yeah boring to watch average slow a bit like robbie as a player. His love of holding midfielders mean theres not attacking one. I feel he is getting more and more like levein 2nd time around players seem confused where they are playing  and what they are to do, players that look good when join go backwards blame the injuries we have regressed again why are we so unfit for so called professionals who trains them ronald mcdonald.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

as long as it doesnt turn into a levein scenario, where hes kept on loss after loss etc, fans dont deserve to go through that ever again..🤞🤞🤞

if we lose our next 2 games he should get sacked really shit football since the split last season utter gash !!!!!:rifle:

Edited by wattie exploited

3 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

All is rosey until you indeed look at our current form. I’m certainly not hitting the panic button just yet but it is certainly worrying for sure!

We’ll never get anywhere without a manager who knows what is needed and I can tell you Robbie Neilson is not up to the job of managing Hearts. On top of that the Hearts board have been very good for Hearts but the one position they have failed miserably is in the appointment of a manager who has the skills to have Hearts playing entertaining, attacking, winning football. Now that’s a fact.

colinmorewasgash
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We’ll never get anywhere without a manager who knows what is needed and I can tell you Robbie Neilson is not up to the job of managing Hearts. On top of that the Hearts board have been very good for Hearts but the one position they have failed miserably is in the appointment of a manager who has the skills to have Hearts playing entertaining, attacking, winning football. Now that’s a fact.

Hear Hear

3 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Brora means nowt. Since then he's won the Championship, got us third and Europe and got to two SC finals.

A championship OK, 3rd in a poor league, 2 SC finals where his tactics were poor, dull, boring and very predictable letting our great support down again.

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Did you watch us last season? Or against Dundee Utd or St Johnstone? Or for most of the game against Zurich?

Honestly wonder if some folks seats face the wrong way.

Just now, colinmorewasgash said:

no chance hes here fr long haul

Correct.

This fecker has learnt from Levien.

It's an easy gig,win some.lose some..who cares.

He aint going anywhere ☹️