Neilson(Robbie)

gorgierulesapply88

49 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

What is a foreign manager going to do with Hearts in Scotland? 

Eh do you not remember the 2 managers who managed Hearts in 2 Scottish Cup Wins in 2006 & 2012. Now were they foreign ?  I think they were.  🤪

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• lost in space

colinmorewasgash
2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

I like robbie but he needs to go the team is actually  been piss since the split last season any other manager would have been sacked by now ! just go !!!!!!!

What was the 3 year deal rush for was he being headhunted by Barca. Heard a story tonight that we were close to simms deal on loan making him highest wage, not on 16k wages either. We had agreed to sell boyce to sheep to increase our finances hence rumours about it. He wanted shankland instead and that was that. It wouldnt surprise me joe stated we were never in running for simms cause off his wages etc yet he said for months before we were still in for him until he joined mackems. Surely if we knew he was on big wages and not coming back to club why did we waste so much time on him june and july not looking elsewhere hoping to bring him back and still saying to fans that he was still an option for us he cd rejoin us blah blah when joe said he knew we wouldnt get him after cup final. Could be bs could be true who knows.

Naisys Tackle

Jack Ross and him are the exact same. 

Same team set up same tactics and he's had the high budget to get us in the same positions Ross would. Boring, negative no plan b and the Craig Levein school of coaching. 

It’s just going to be a lot more of the same served up whenever we face a team a level above us. 

Him until summer 2025 is a very depressing prospect. May as well enjoy the Euro jollies we have upcoming because as things stand we’ll be nowhere near the groups again and certainly not causing any upsets in the domestic cups

I love Robbie to bits, however, as a manager, he is only suited to the championship.

since we secured 3rd place last season, he’s taken us backwards,  the board have to do something now, as he won’t resign!! 

if he stays, we are in bottom 6 this season. 

Rudi cant fail
5 hours ago, ali_jambo said:

Did you watch us last season? Or against Dundee Utd or St Johnstone? Or for most of the game against Zurich?

Honestly wonder if some folks seats face the wrong way.

A lot of last season was pretty poor let’s be honest. Yes we got results, but performance wise you will

struggle to name more than 6 games where we were brilliant. We were very fortunate that non-old firm teams were by and large poor.

Even the games you have mentioned this season. You have mentioned our 2 wins out of 9. 2 home wins against weaker opposition that we really should be winning. 

dundee Utd  - a 4-1 victory against a team who were getting hammered left right and centre which eventually resulted in the sacking of their manager after a 0-9 home defeat.

st Johnstone - not a great performance and relied on a late penalty to win the game. 

Zurich - yes, we looked good and had loads of possession but we still

couldnt break them down and didn’t really lay a glove on them. 

if football is a results based business when we are doing well ie getting the results to finish third, then it should also be a results based business when we are not, ie losing 7out of 9 games. The fact that we are also playing poor when on this bad run should highlight this fact more.

Personally I feel He’s taken us as far as he can and we will only regress from here. I’m not calling for his sacking just yet, but that will change after another few bad performances.

7 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

A lot of last season was pretty poor let’s be honest. Yes we got results, but performance wise you will

struggle to name more than 6 games where we were brilliant. We were very fortunate that non-old firm teams were by and large poor.

Even the games you have mentioned this season. You have mentioned our 2 wins out of 9. 2 home wins against weaker opposition that we really should be winning. 

dundee Utd  - a 4-1 victory against a team who were getting hammered left right and centre which eventually resulted in the sacking of their manager after a 0-9 home defeat.

st Johnstone - not a great performance and relied on a late penalty to win the game. 

if football is a results based business when we are doing well ie getting the results to finish third, then it should also be a results based business when we are not, ie losing 7out of 9 games. The fact that we are also playing poor when on this bad run should highlight this fact more.

Personally I feel He’s taken us as far as he can and we will only regress from here. I’m not calling for his sacking just yet, but that will change after another few bad performances.

Another post completely ignoring injuries and poor summer recruitment (which is above RN's responsibility).

As for us not being good last year, you are at it.

You often find teams who lose a number of their best players at the same time have a dip in form if the squad depth isn't good enough.

Having any expectations for Europe this year is delusional with our squad.  We need to focus domestically.

He should rightly get up until the World Cup. Yes it may be to late but knee jerk reactions won’t help. I’m not going to judge Robbie against results at parkhead and in Europe but the league cup and livi I will. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I agree he won't and right now, he shouldn't but he needs to turn it around quickly.  I think he's rightly got bit more grace than others because up until recently he's met expectations.

But it's a results business, we've been here with Cathro and Levein. Sentiment needs to be removed from the situation.  We should have learnt from our mistakes in the past when leaving it too long and have the guts to make the tough calls.

I still have faith in Robbie to turn things around but the bar is set high now and it shouldn't be lowered. We're already out the LC, we've managed to embarrass ourselves tonight and we've performed way below what's expected. Things aren't good. We'll see what he's made of in the coming month. 

He will be here till end of season, guaranteed, but i think we will slide down the league  until we are out of ECL and  he ejaculates more ££ in Jan transfer window to attempt a late rush for 3rd. 

Hanging in for top 6 at xmas is where im at right now.

Hope im terribly wrong.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

7 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

I think we need to remember we’ve had to cope with disruption due to injuries and new arrivals.

That doesn’t change the fact that some of the players need to take more responsibility. There seems to be a distinct lack of confidence and leadership on the park.

That said, it’s Robbie’s job to coach and motivate the players and in that regard he seems to be failing.

We’re reaching a crossroads. Robbie needs to get a grip of this slump soon or I think the clamour for change will become too much for him.

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, swavkav said:

I love Robbie to bits, however, as a manager, he is only suited to the championship.

To be fair, he took us to 3rd in our first season back in the Premiership in 2016, then took us to 2nd the following season before leaving for MK Dons, then last season he took us to 3rd again in out first season back in the Premiership, and now we’re sitting 4th with only goal difference keeping us from 3rd.

I think calling him a Championship manager is harsh, given all of the above and the fact he’s secured us European football multiple times and took us to multiple cup finals too.

Leveins Battalion

Robbie thought the 1st half was ''Really,Really good''....

This is what we are up against,we could lose the next 10 games and he would still be trotting out the same shit.

Keep saying we are going no where under Neilson. 

Apart from winning the cup last season we got as good as a team with our resources will get.

I'd love to split the old firm but that's not going to happen with the money they have.

First time back in Europe was going to be tough but if we keep getting to Europe we will get more mone6to bring in better players (think we could see this next season)

Yes we are in a rut the now but turning on the team and manager is a bit poor in my opinion. 

HHGH

Rudi cant fail
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Another post completely ignoring injuries and poor summer recruitment (which is above RN's responsibility).

As for us not being good last year, you are at it.

You often find teams who lose a number of their best players at the same time have a dip in form if the squad depth isn't good enough.

Having any expectations for Europe this year is delusional with our squad.  We need to focus domestically.

Let’s see where we are in a few weeks Frank. I know you don’t like any bad being said about Robbie and thats up to you. 

you’ve agreed said that summer recruitment isn’t robbies responsibility. We know this how? How do we know it’s robbies players we couldn’t get? How do we know that Robbie wasn’t asking for unrealistic targets? We don’t. So you can’t really 100% excuse him on that. It could be that our recruitment team are to blame on this, but we can’t be sure either way.

give me 6 games that we were really good last season? 

Your also contradicting yourself here, basically saying we don’t have a strong enough squad to compete. So who is that on? Our manager has constantly banged the drum that this is the best squad he’s worked with and that players should be able to fit in seamlessly to replace others. Now he’s not getting the results or performances he’s saying we are suffering from mental fatigue etc. he does come across as hypocritical and his interviews are one of the things that concerns fans.

on the europe front, I don’t think many expect us to do much in Europe this season. I for one don’t really care as long as we do well domestically, but when fans are paying good money and backing the club they are entitled to speak out when they are seeing poor performances like we seen last night. 

you seem to think people have just want to hate Robbie and that’s it. He’s a Scottish cup winning legend. He’s not marmite where you have to love him or hate him. People can have a balanced opinion on his managerial style and not hate him. You seem to struggle with that, and see any negative opinion on him as a personal attack. Your not the only one. 

Rudi cant fail
15 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I think we need to remember we’ve had to cope with disruption due to injuries and new arrivals.

That doesn’t change the fact that some of the players need to take more responsibility. There seems to be a distinct lack of confidence and leadership on the park.

That said, it’s Robbie’s job to coach and motivate the players and in that regard he seems to be failing.

We’re reaching a crossroads. Robbie needs to get a grip of this slump soon or I think the clamour for change will become too much for him.

I fully agree with this. One thing I do think he lacks is this motivation and mentality to win/perform against superior opposition and I think this rubs off on the players.
Next few weeks will

see where we are at. 

23 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He will be here till end of season, guaranteed, but i think we will slide down the league  until we are out of ECL and  he ejaculates more ££ in Jan transfer window to attempt a late rush for 3rd. 

Hope im terribly wrong.

We know he's good for it, he's always met expectations as Hearts manager so he deserves a bit of time to sort it.

Hopefully we can regroup in the coming weeks and get some key players back. 

Either way, i hope he isn't ejaculating £££. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

We know he's good for it, he's always met expectations as Hearts manager so he deserves a bit of time to sort it.

Hopefully we can regroup in the coming weeks and get some key players back. 

Either way, i hope he isn't ejaculating £££. 

He/we will have to. We remain short of RCB cover, x2 midfielders that can actually on occasion dominate/change a game in Scotland and a proven golascorer before shankland gets broken.

Stuck record.

13 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He/we will have to. We remain short of RCB cover, x2 midfielders that can actually on occasion dominate/change a game in Scotland and a proven golascorer before shankland gets broken.

Stuck record.

We'll see how Kio , Devlin and Grant do with a run of games together. Defo needed a CB. 

It's not a proven goalscorer we need though. We have one that we've spent a lot on. We need a forward that can hold the ball up, run in behind and link play. Shankland does nothing outside the box. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We'll see how Kio , Devlin and Grant do with a run of games together. Defo needed a CB. 

It's not a proven goalscorer we need though. We have one that we've spent a lot on. We need a forward that can hold the ball up, run in behind and link play. Shankland does nothing outside the box. 

If Shankland gets broken, which he will, who are we looking to for the goals to keep us in 3rd?

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

If Shankland gets broken, which he will, who are we looking to for the goals to keep us in 3rd?

Any striker needs to have more than being a good finisher about them though.

I'd expect any striker to score goals, that's their remit but they have to offer something to the team in the build up otherwise the ball isn't getting near the box in the first place.

We failed against Killie and last night because Shankland offers nothing. The ball doesn't stick with him upfront. He cannae run, doesn't win any aerial duals, doesn't hold it up or link play. He's an empty jersey outside of the box.  If we had Boyce fit v Killie and last night, we'd have created more chances. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This is what we are up against,we could lose the next 10 games and he would still be trotting out the same shit.

He's right. Better finishing and would have scored 2 goals.

Edited by ali_jambo

lost in space
8 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Yes, we would have scored 2 goals. If both teams had better finishing, we would have lost 2-8.

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Don’t make the same mistake as you did with Levein Budge. Neilson out. 

She has already he should have been given a rolling contract to see if he could take us to a higher level if he didn’t bullet him

Edited by buzzbomb1958

14 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Yes, we would have scored 2 goals. If both teams had better finishing, we would have lost 2-8.

We had as many chances as they did in the first half.

The fact he felt we were really, really good first half is enough to have him sectioned under the mental health act, contract cancelled and we move on. We never laid a glove on them, we looked scared and I can only assume that the master of team mechanics Robbie had them in total awe of the multi-million pound men from Turkey by praising that team to the hilt all week.

I watched teams of the past punch above their level, Bayern and Madrid to name two, there is a vast difference between showing respect and being meek and over-awed.

Passive, pathetic and almost a carbon copy of last years Scottish Cup final debacle in terms of application and tactics.

We could and should be doing so much better. When does the board realise that Robbie Neilson is a very dividing character in our fan base and lets face it they all can't be wrong can they?

13 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Robbie wasn’t to blame tonight.  The players (Devlin aside) let him down badly tonight.

Simple as that.

He bought them 

He coaches them

He with his cast of thousands advises them on tactics

He’s to blame

They were miles better than us and I appreciate they’re out of our league financially but, Devlin aside there’s very little fight or passion in this team they don’t look like they know what they’re doing 

Time & Time again our tactics are contain and hope “superior” opposition don’t score

When they do we’re goosed

We’re not scoring

We’re conceding too many 

He should be under more scrutiny than he is

Edited by Jamhammer

2 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

The fact he felt we were really, really good first half is enough to have him sectioned under the mental health act, contract cancelled and we move on. We never laid a glove on them, we looked scared and I can only assume that the master of team mechanics Robbie had them in total awe of the multi-million pound men from Turkey by praising that team to the hilt all week.

I watched teams of the past punch above their level, Bayern and Madrid to name two, there is a vast difference between showing respect and being meek and over-awed.

Passive, pathetic and almost a carbon copy of last years Scottish Cup final debacle in terms of application and tactics.

We could and should be doing so much better. When does the board realise that Robbie Neilson is a very dividing character in our fan base and lets face it they all can't be wrong can they?

Never laid a glove on them, except when they had to clear a certain goal off the line.

lost in space
7 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

We had as many chances as they did in the first half.

They had chances - we had half-chances apart from the goal-line clearance.

Just now, lost in space said:

They had chances - we had half-chances apart from the goal-line clearance.

Yeah no need to include a goal line clearance in our chances. 😄

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Hope im terribly wrong.

Skoosh third again, no doubts about it. 

1 minute ago, ali_jambo said:

Never laid a glove on them, except when they had to clear a certain goal off the line.

Glad you are happy with the performance in that case. We made two or three chances in a first half where yes we never laid a glove on them physically, nothing, nowt, it got so much worse second half. FGS open your eyes the big 77 scored a goal with four Hearts players running along side him applauding his efforts. Pathetic.

1 minute ago, sjh1874 said:

Glad you are happy with the performance in that case. We made two or three chances in a first half where yes we never laid a glove on them physically, nothing, nowt, it got so much worse second half. FGS open your eyes the big 77 scored a goal with four Hearts players running along side him applauding his efforts. Pathetic.

I was talking about our first half performance. Agreeing with Robbie that it was good. 2nd half we collapsed.

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We created two/three excellent chances first half but didn’t take them. Different game if we had.  Not saying we would have won but certainly would have been a different game. Also can’t really blame the manager for Haring gifting them first goal. Pretty sure Robbie didn’t coach him to do that. 

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

He should rightly get up until the World Cup. Yes it may be to late but knee jerk reactions won’t help. I’m not going to judge Robbie against results at parkhead and in Europe but the league cup and livi I will. 

Sensible approach 👍 

Just now, ali_jambo said:

I was talking about our first half performance. Agreeing with Robbie that it was good. 2nd half we collapsed.

Not here to rain on your parade, glad you thought we were good in the first half. I didn't.

We_are_the_Hearts
22 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

He constantly takes the piss out the fans with his comments. Neilson is not a Hearts man he is a Neilson man. Out!

This thread 😂

The main issue is a number of fans have delusions of grandeur. The fact we have people on here saying that we should be beating these teams consistently and that Neilson is only good enough in the championship. 

The only years we’ve been competitive in the league during the last 10 years has been under Neilson. The gulf in finances between us and teams like last night is the same to us and the old firm.

I’ve been following hearts for 30 years and don’t understand where these expectations come from. I think a lot of fans look at the quality of the player we had under Romanov and are still expecting that standard and that style. Forgetting that we almost went bust when it went tits up.

Neilson doesn’t have carte blanche to do what he wants. But after how successful we were last year he deserves at least until the end of the season unless we’re at threat of relegation, which we won’t be.

As to who should replace him. The same arseholes who are calling for his head are the same guys in the past who have recommended going for guys like Tommy Wright, Stephen Robinson and David Martindale. The others just moan incessantly saying we should sack managers without offering any solutions.

Some "fans??" really do hate our manager don't they. Some ridiculous comments about him on here. Having said that, if we don't beat St. Mirren on Sunday then he could well be in trouble. Maybe a good thing the game could be cancelled 

17 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This thread 😂

The main issue is a number of fans have delusions of grandeur. The fact we have people on here saying that we should be beating these teams consistently and that Neilson is only good enough in the championship. 

The only years we’ve been competitive in the league during the last 10 years has been under Neilson. The gulf in finances between us and teams like last night is the same to us and the old firm.

I’ve been following hearts for 30 years and don’t understand where these expectations come from. I think a lot of fans look at the quality of the player we had under Romanov and are still expecting that standard and that style. Forgetting that we almost went bust when it went tits up.

Neilson doesn’t have carte blanche to do what he wants. But after how successful we were last year he deserves at least until the end of the season unless we’re at threat of relegation, which we won’t be.

As to who should replace him. The same arseholes who are calling for his head are the same guys in the past who have recommended going for guys like Tommy Wright, Stephen Robinson and David Martindale. The others just moan incessantly saying we should sack managers without offering any solutions.

:spoton:

I think some started watching during the Romanov and Robinson eras where we spent way beyond our means and won 3 cups.  That nearly killed the club yet they expect the same results on a fraction of the budget. 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Some "fans??" really do hate our manager don't they. Some ridiculous comments about him on here. Having said that, if we don't beat St. Mirren on Sunday then he could well be in trouble. Maybe a good thing the game could be cancelled 

Oxymoron type post. 

28 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This thread 😂

Finally a sensible post.

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Let’s see where we are in a few weeks Frank. I know you don’t like any bad being said about Robbie and thats up to you. 

you’ve agreed said that summer recruitment isn’t robbies responsibility. We know this how? How do we know it’s robbies players we couldn’t get? How do we know that Robbie wasn’t asking for unrealistic targets? We don’t. So you can’t really 100% excuse him on that. It could be that our recruitment team are to blame on this, but we can’t be sure either way.

Your also contradicting yourself here, basically saying we don’t have a strong enough squad to compete. So who is that on? Our manager has constantly banged the drum that this is the best squad he’s worked with and that players should be able to fit in seamlessly to replace others. Now he’s not getting the results or performances he’s saying we are suffering from mental fatigue etc. he does come across as hypocritical and his interviews are one of the things that concerns fans.

on the europe front, I don’t think many expect us to do much in Europe this season. I for one don’t really care as long as we do well domestically, but when fans are paying good money and backing the club they are entitled to speak out when they are seeing poor performances like we seen last night. 

you seem to think people have just want to hate Robbie and that’s it. He’s a Scottish cup winning legend. He’s not marmite where you have to love him or hate him. People can have a balanced opinion on his managerial style and not hate him. You seem to struggle with that, and see any negative opinion on him as a personal attack. Your not the only one. 

Great post imo.

RustyRightPeg
28 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This thread 😂

Great post. 

I’m not his biggest fan from a style of play, but taking this run out the equation he gets results. 

As for replacements, we took a gamble on Stendel at the worst possible time and it didn’t work, will that make a difference going forward with our decision making, who knows? 

I’d never suggest any of the 3 you have for replacements. Off the top of my head I’m stumped too, but is it weird to say I’m “excited” about who manages the club next? 

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Excellent post sir :clap:

3 hours ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Valid response.

The Old Tolbooth
33 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This thread 😂

3 wins in 15 games, 8 games in that period where we haven't scored at all, managers have been replaced for less, his record this season is worse than Maloney had at Hibs, but let's keep happy clapping as it'll all be okay right? 

maltese jambo
1 hour ago, ali_jambo said:

Mate better finishing in the first half score would have been 1-7!