Neilson(Robbie)

gorgierulesapply88

44 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Look across the rest of the results in the UL tonight. Some really tight games

We are the only team that got horsed and it won't be the last.

The San Marino of European group football.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• lost in space

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Rudi cant fail said:

He’s just been given a 3 year deal. There is no way he is getting sacked. Stupid time to be giving him a new contract. Let’s see how we get on over the next few games. It’s not looking good though. We’ve had a poor transfer window. You can accept getting beat off superior opposition but tactically wise it was all wrong tonight. Starting 2 full backs both under 6ft in the middle of defence shows how weak our squad is. All summer we’ve been hearing about recruiting an RCB and despite halkett getting injured we’ve not done this. Lewis neilson has been signed as one for the future so does not count.

I’m not calling for his sacking, but I do feel Robbie is showing his limitations, and the next few games should be looked at by the board as to wether he can take us forward or at least maintain our current standing. If not then we should be at least looking at other avenues. 
I get that that doesn’t guarantee success but that’s why we have a board in place to properly recruit someone who they feel can take the club forward. 

Hearts will start winning games again when Halkett is fit. The only question is will

fhat happen in time for Robbie or not.

It’s the same as happened last season. No Halkett, no wins. Form completely dries up without him. He has become such a massive player for Robbie. 

Rudi cant fail
10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Hearts will start winning games again when Halkett is fit. The only question is will

fhat happen in time for Robbie or not.

It’s the same as happened last season. No Halkett, no wins. Form completely dries up without him. He has become such a massive player for Robbie. 

That’s poor management not being able to cope with one player being out the team. Especially when it happened last season too, when he has had ample time to try and rectify that issue 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Rudi cant fail said:

That’s poor management not being able to cope with one player being out the team. Especially when it happened last season too, when he has had ample time to try and rectify that issue 

I would say it’s poor squad depth rather than poor management. I would think Robbie probably wished both last season and this season, that he had a half decent replacement CB. Instead he got Sibbick. So there’s a big big question mark on that signing in particular whether that’s Robbies fault or Savage. Probably a combination of both of them. 

Savage said if you get over 50% of signings right that’s success. Resoundingly wrong statement as it only takes 1 bad signing in a key position to kill a team and a manager 

colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Loyalty upstairs?   Too effin comfy allround

Its the bowling club commitee mentality, I would not be surprised if any money we do make will start to be put aside towards the planning of our new training centre. 50 yrs watching us it happens all time have good season make money have good team look forward to new players to take us that next step but nah wont push the boat out money wise as old firm do, bring in average players play safe. Then any decent players we do have eventually get sold we are left with rest and back to start repeat again. 

Rudi cant fail
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I would say it’s poor squad depth rather than poor management. I would think Robbie probably wished both last season and this season, that he had a half decent replacement CB. Instead he got Sibbick. So there’s a big big question mark on that signing in particular whether that’s Robbies fault or Savage. Probably a combination of both of them. 

Savage said if you get over 50% of signings right that’s success. Resoundingly wrong statement as it only takes 1 bad signing in a key position to kill a team and a manager 

Yeah I get what your saying. Blame needs to be directed somewhere. Either from management, recruitment or both. 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

We wouldn’t get a single player in their squad

And no player in the Livi or Killie team would get a game at us.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Was he suffering with Mental Fatigue?

😂😂something like that ! Watch  what you are saying on here your not allowed to have an opinion ! 

1 hour ago, Badonde said:

I’d like to see our record in the past 15 games.  Weren’t we really shit towards the end of last season ?

One win away since Feb - Home stats can't be much better 

28 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Robbie picked him. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Right ok

Neilson out.

Anybody got any alternatives?

Joe Savage should have at least 2 or 3. That's part of his job isn't it ?

I don’t rate Neilson and have never particularly taken to him.

There were some dodgy calls tonight but we were beaten by a far superior side. He doesn’t deserve the sack just now but I think we’re only a few weeks away from having a decision to make if results continue like this. Tough run coming up and I don’t see us turning it around. 

Having a look at the estimated wage bills of Hearts and Istanbul, theirs is between 4-5 times ours. Missing some key players it was always going to be tough tonight 

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

What's the excuse of the day?

He said: "When we lost the second goal and we went to pot, they started to show their quality because we became so open. We started chasing the game and I think it is a learning curve for us all as players, as staff and as a club that, when it goes to 2-0, we keep our shape, stay compact and stay in the game.

“Because as soon as it goes three and four it becomes a different game and at the end there we just couldn’t get close to them because the game was so open, they got confidence and they started popping the ball about.

“We were really, really pleased with the first half because I think we showed we can compete against a top team - because they are a top team.

“But in the second half we need to learn that when things go against you, we need to keep that compactness and we make sure we don’t fall out of the game as quickly as we did.

Since the semi-final v Hibs back in mid April where despite winning I don't think we even played very well we have played the following:

11 League games

Dundee Utd 2 Hearts 3

Hearts 0 Ross County 0

Celtic 4 Hearts 1

Motherwell 2 Hearts 1

Hearts 1 Rangers 3

Hearts 2 Ross County 1

Hibs 1 Hearts 1

Hearts 4 Dundee Utd 1

Celtic 2 Hearts 0

Hearts 3 St Johnstone 2

Livingston 1 Hearts 0

1 Scottish Cup Final

Hearts 0 Rangers 2

1 League Cup Second Round 

Hearts 0 Kilmarnock 1

3 games in Europe

Zurich 2 Hearts 1

Hearts 0 Zurich 1

Hearts 0 Istanbul 4

16 games

4 wins (thank **** for Dundee Utd)

2 draws

10 losses

8 games we have failed to score in including in 5 of the last 6 matches

And yet Neilson was handed a 3 year contract.............

Edited by Luckies1874

1 minute ago, SupaJT said:

Having a look at the estimated wage bills of Hearts and Istanbul, theirs is between 4-5 times ours. Missing some key players it was always going to be tough tonight 

But does the difference in wages make our players unfit and lethargic. Possibly it mentally drains them thinking about it.....

Just now, Kev1998 said:

Nah , no fatigue mentioned.but he was proud of the players in the first half.....you honestly couldn't make it up

He does. Surprised he didn't blame the players who weren't playing tonight. Loses the respect of the team if he already hasn't. 

The performance is almost as bad as some of the excuses. Dire stuff. Has been for a while. Robbie needs to turn it around very quickly. We need a run of good results otherwise we will need to make a change because it's not good enough. 

52 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

If we lose on Sunday (assuming it goes ahead) then serious questions need asked and addressed.

Ive never been a fan. I see nothing in Neilson that inspires me in any way. 

I’d say he’s got a bit longer. Forget Europe. We already know and probably knew before hand that at least 2 of the teams would outclass us. The lack lustre unambitious transfer window merely confirmed it.

The domestic form (especially the last 2 games)is far more concerning IMO and he’s got half a dozen league games to really improve it or he’s walking the plank IMO.

6 minutes ago, SupaJT said:

Having a look at the estimated wage bills of Hearts and Istanbul, theirs is between 4-5 times ours. 

Now do it for Fiorentina and Riga.........

4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Since the semi-final v HIs back in mid April where despite winning I don't think we even played very well we have played the following:

11 League games

Dundee Utd 2 Hearts 3

Hearts 0 Ross County 0

Celtic 4 Hearts 1

Motherwell 2 Hearts 1

Hearts 1 Rangers 3

Hearts 2 Ross County 1

Hibs 1 Hearts 1

Hearts 4 Dundee Utd 1

Celtic 2 Hearts 0

Hearts 3 St Johnstone 2

Livingston 1 Hearts 0

1 Scottish Cup Final

Hearts 0 Rangers 2

1 League Cup Second Round 

Hearts 0 Kilmarnock 1

3 games in Europe

Zurich 2 Hearts 1

Hearts 0 Zurich 1

Hearts 0 Istanbul 4

16 games

4 wins (thank **** for Dundee Utd)

2 draws

10 losses

8 games we have failed to score in including in 5 of the last 6 matches

And yet Neilson was handed a 3 year contract.............

On top of the lack of goals that’s 15 games since we kept a clean sheet. 
And that’s with having the best goalkeeper in Scotland. 

When you start Andy f’in Halliday in the number 10 role in a European tie, the games a bogie.

He’s going to come under extreme pressure if he doesn’t get a result in the next 3 games 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, scottg71 said:

When you start Andy f’in Halliday in the number 10 role in a European tie, the games a bogie.

He’s going to come under extreme pressure if he doesn’t get a result in the next 3 games 

Was just about to say when will the pressure start 

Just now, Cruyff said:

The performance is almost as bad as some of the excuses. Dire stuff. Has been for a while. Robbie needs to turn it around very quickly. We need a run of good results otherwise we will need to make a change because it's not good enough. 

Seen October.....

Rangers (H)

Fiorentina (H)

Kilmarnock (A)

Fiorentina (A)

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (H)

Riga (H)

Ross County (A)

Oh and then 3 days into November we travel to Istanbul  :vrface:

1 minute ago, Jarhead said:

On top of the lack of goals that’s 15 games since we kept a clean sheet. 
And that’s with having the best goalkeeper in Scotland. 

Good point. We can't be relied upon to score and we can't keep a clean sheet. A recipe for.......! 

Ok their wage bill is higher than ours. But our wage bill is higher than Livingston and Kilmarnock. If our team is a shambles, an embarrassment and going nowhere which it is means Neilson and his coaching staff need to get the big heave hoe. I keep telling all you JKBers Neilson is not up to the job.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Whose call is this ultimately?

Savage will probably favour it before long, to deflect from recruitment. But I can’t see Budge coping with the idea of life without Neilson.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Seen October.....

Rangers (H)

Fiorentina (H)

Kilmarnock (A)

Fiorentina (A)

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (H)

Riga (H)

Ross County (A)

It gets even worse after the world cup, it'll be 3 games every 7 days. We need to be top 3 by then. We know what happens when you start badly. 

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ok their wage bill is higher than ours. But our wage bill is higher than Livingston and Kilmarnock. If our team is a shambles, an embarrassment and going nowhere which it is means Neilson and his coaching staff need to get the big heave hoe. I keep telling all you JKBers Neilson is not up to the job.

We've known that for years. 

Gordon Ramsay
11 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Seen October.....

Rangers (H)

Fiorentina (H)

Kilmarnock (A)

Fiorentina (A)

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (H)

Riga (H)

Ross County (A)

I already can't be arsed with this season 😂

That is a horrible run of fixtures. 

Is firmly in the “needs a run of results” territory for me.

A couple more poor domestic results and I’d be starting to ask questions.

Players don’t look motivated like they have done in the past. No spark, no energy, nobody looks to be taking responsibility.

Is incapable of a good performance without Halkett. Warning signs are there.

I hate watching us. I find the style of play really shit. Its possession based and so passive and lacks aggression or any real passion. Almost robotic with no real individuality. I'm not even sure there is a talismanlike figure in the team. Barrie is having so much dumped on him but he's not someone that is going to score goal after goal. Despite signing Shankland we're still frustrating going forward. 

I'm not going to shout for Robbie to go though, his two best CBs are out, so of course our defence is going to be shaky, and its hard to account for individual errors. 

He needs a win ASAP and once Halkett and Rowles are back that will come. 

Our attacking play is dreadful though. Its ponderous, slow and lacks aggression. I would like this sorted sooner rather than later. I can't believe he's setting us up to be so boring. 

Halkett, Kio, Snodgrass will bring much needed changes to the line up. Would help if we stuck to a back 3 or 4 with as much of the same players as possible. We defend like the back 3 or 4 haven't played together, which quite often they haven't. 

4 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I already can't be arsed with this season 😂

That is a horrible run of fixtures. 

Right now who would you fancy a win against from that lot?  Who is going to score us any goals? 

St Mirren on Sunday at Tynecastle is a huge game for us given what's ahead.

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Right now who would you fancy a win against from that lot?  Who is going to score us any goals? 

St Mirren on Sunday at Tynecastle is a huge game for us given what's ahead.

Wouldnt fancy our chances against anyone, sadly. 

I reckon Sundays game will be postponed due to the Queen. Might work in our favour and we can at least get Halkett back from injury for next game hopefully. 

Central Belt 1874

If we can't attract better players than Halliday, Haring and Atkinson then how on earth are we going to attract a manager that's more experienced than Neilson.

Something not right at the club at the moment. Runs deeper than missing our two main defenders though.

2 hours ago, Heart of Darkness said:

7 in 8 doesn't look good but I don't think he'll get sacked, too much loyalty upstairs. Who's out there that would replace and do better? 😒

I reckon Thomas Tuchel could do a job!

40 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Seen October.....

Rangers (H)

Fiorentina (H)

Kilmarnock (A)

Fiorentina (A)

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (H)

Riga (H)

Ross County (A)

As they used to say at the Eurovision song contest.  NUL POINTS !

Rudi cant fail

He won’t be sacked anytime soon. It will take levein level hate before he is relived if his duties. Especially 2 months into a new 3 year deal. 

I do think he deserves time to turn it around, and hopefully he does.  I just don’t think he will. His comments after games are baffling, his constant going after officials after games too is getting a bit boring, it’s never his fault. It could be the case he’s not been backed as well as he’d have liked by our recruitment team in the summer, so maybe some of the criticism should be directed there.

I do think that fitness if players is a massive concern, as we always seem to be blowing after about 60

Mins. we seem to

struggle to change games when they are not going our way. Livingston on Saturday was a classic example of this. We were on top for 20 mins until martindale realised this and changed shape and we didn’t have an answer to it and ended up losing the game without ever looking like taking anything from it as soon as they scored. 
I feel he doesn’t install the right me mentality in the team, he doesn’t have our players believing like they can beat so called better teams, despite whatever comments he says to the media. 
I do feel We are being short changed a little so far this season as fans. 15.5k season ticket holders, thousands spending thousands on European games home and away, foh subscriptions etc. I’m not saying we should be challenging the old firm or beating teams in Europe but we should be at least seeing our players putting in effort and trying to win games, right now we are not seeing this, and it’s up to the manager to put this right. 

Nelly Terraces

3 wins in 15 games.

10 of them defeats.

Not a single goal in open play in 4 European games.

Not a clean sheet in a single game in any competition this season.

Out the league cup at home to Killie with only 1 shot on goal.

Neilson. :vrface:

48 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He’s just signed a three year contract has he not?

It would take a truky hurrwndous run if results from here or a 9-0 type defeat. He wont be sacked for anything like the run we are on just now. 

Just now, hearts00 said:

He’s just signed a three year contract has he not?

It would take a truky hurrwndous run if results from here or a 9-0 type defeat. He wont be sacked for anything like the run we are on just now. 

Check out October......

Rangers (H)

Fiorentina (H)

Kilmarnock (A)

Fiorentina (A)

Aberdeen (A)

Celtic (H)

Riga (H)

Ross County (A)

3 wins in 15.

5 of last 6 lost without scoring.

Out of 2 Cups already this season and easily taken apart tonight.

Things ain't looking too good.